Cadence ? Oleander || #1104 RU by Softballpup12

Based on Click to view
Artist Softballpup12 [gallery]
Time spent 26 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Cadence ? Oleander || #1104 RU

Postby Softballpup12 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:11 pm

It was a rainy day. The moonlight glowed dimly overhead, and the birds stopped chirping in the trees as night fell over the city. Cadence turned three times before settling against the cobblestone wall, the cold stone leeching her body warmth. As she snuggled against the stone and tried to warm her self up, a soft crunching echoed throughout the quiet night. Footsteps, obviously belonging to someone going home to a warm house for the night. Cadence groaned. She'd almost been asleep, but of course, the night was never quiet. She cracked one eye open, willing the footsteps to move quicker so she could rest, but the world was against her tonight. They slowed down. She growled in annoyance, pondering what would happen if she yelled at the passerby, but then... They stopped? A stack of advertisements was tucked under the Woman's arm as she offered a a smile to the small Kalon. 'New Hope Orphan Home' they read across the top. At six years old, her luck was changing.

"Hello, I'm Madam Ambrose. You looked like you could use a home, dear. Would you like a roof over your head?" She purred, extending a paw to help Cadence up. Cadence didn't respond; She simply padded next to the Kalon as Madam Ambrose started back down the sidewalk, letting her actions answer for her.

Their arrival at the orphanage was all a blur when Cadence woke up the next morning. As the light filtering through the blinds woke her with a small groan, her nose caught on to a scent Cadence could've sworn came straight from heaven. She rolled over with a sigh and opened her eyes lazily. As the view in front of her came into focus, she sat straight up and hit her head on the vacant bunk above her. The one next to hers, though, about five feet away, was not vacant, and filled by an orange-colored, butterfly-patterned, teenage kit who was staring at her with an amused look on her face.

"That wasn't very graceful of you." She commented, a smirk spreading across her face. Cadence chose not to reply and instead searched the room for the source of the scent. Her eyes landed on a stack of pancakes. "You slept through breakfast, so I got permission to bring you some. What's your name?" The girl explained, seeing where Cadence's eye's had landed. Cadence picked up the plate, swinging her legs over the edge of her bed to face the girl as she picked at her pancakes. Instead of answering, she spoke up quietly and asked a question in return.

"What's yours?"

"Nuh-uh girly. I asked you first, you answer me first." Mystery girl replied with a wicked grin. "Don't try and play games with me. I always win." Cadence gave a soft, sheepish smile before returning her roommate's playful banter.

"Aren't you the one turning this into a game?" She asked, raising an eyebrow in question. Her roommate let out a chuckle.

"I like you, so just this once, I'll let you win. The name's Mona." She said in response, still grinning that crooked smile.

Shooting a grin back at her new friend, she responded simply. "I'm Cadence."

There comes a time when all birds have to leave the nest, and two years later, it seemed this was Mona's chance. As the visiting couple talked to Madam Ambrose, she nodded and led them over to Mona with a smile. Cadence, who was sitting next to her friend, felt her heart fill with dread. She couldn't leave... her only friend...

"Well Mona, it's your lucky day!" Madame Ambrose chirped, smiling at the 14-year-old in front of her and motioning towards her desk. Mona jumped up in surprise, following the adults with a thoughtful look on her face. The couple talked to her for a few minutes at the front of the classroom while Cadence watched with horror. Mona, though, seemed to be swelling with anger. Cadence felt her eyes fill with tears as her friend shook her head defiantly, MAdame Ambrose attempting to reason with her. She was going to miss that stupid stubbornness. It turns out, though, that Mona had other ideas. Mona stomped towards her from the front of the classroom and stopped next to her friend's desk.

"I already told you. It's all or nothing. We're a package deal." Mona demanded. The woman shared a glance with her husband before she looked down at Cadence, a calculating smile pasted underneath those silky locks of hair.

"Well, sweetie, what's your name?"

Cadence turned in awe to her friend... no, her sister, before answering quietly with a hidden smile. "Cadence."

Mona wasn't bothering to hide her smirk.

This story consists of 784 words, 4,426 characters, and features my Kalon Mona, found here.
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me