Artist paradise, [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#6270 Sooty Dappled Blue Roan Spotted Blanket Appaloosa

Postby paradise, » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:34 am

Adopt three out of ten ♥
      I still can't appaloosa rip so enjoy my rough attempt :<
      For this tolt, tell me about something that was rough in their life and how they overcame it. c':

Username: SergeantWinter
      Show Name: Return to Sender
      Barn Name: Vuelta
      Color: Sooty Dappled Blue Roan Spotted Blanket Appaloosa
      Genetics: EE/aa/STYsty/Rnrn/Lplp/PATN2patn2
      Breeding Notes: Always passes E extention.
Last edited by paradise, on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #6270 Sooty Dappled Blue Roan Spotted Blanket Appaloosa

Postby aray17 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:30 am

Username: aray17
Show Name: Superstitions and Partitions
Barn Name: Jax
Story: When I was born, everyone was convinced I was going to the child from hell because my parents were supposedly the worst horses at the ranch and so I was given a bad reputation that I would be untrainable because of my parents' tempers. Given this reputation, I grew up without friends and without any hope. My biggest challenge in life at an early age was trying to disprove people's stereotype about me but it seemed like everyone only saw my negative actions. After trying to be a good colt, I eventually gave up and I started to develop a temper and an attitude like my father. I became extremely distant from the rest of the tolters on the ranch and I would nip and kick at the workers when they approached me. When I turned two years old, I was so moody and grumpy that no one approached me and I was so lonely. Eventually, I was sold off to a different ranch and at first I was very lonely and depressed and had a bit of an attitude until I realized I had the opportunity to restart with these tolters. I started trying to talk to others and soon I became friends with Decipher who was kinda like me and we had fun comparing our moody childhoods and our stories of pranks. It felt good to have someone understand what I went through and who could understand how misunderstood I was as a young colt. By having just one friend it completely changed my life for the better.
Last edited by aray17 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Username: MiloThePitBull
Show Name: And A Blue Tuxedo
Barn Name: Raven
Story:
wip
Thunderbolt Tolter Stable-Gypsy stable
    one day i woke up and smiled for the memories we had, instead of crying for the memories that we cant make
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilya » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Username:ilya
Show Name: the watching crow
Barn Name: armin
backstory ¬
as sweet and kind someone's eyes could appear at first, there's always a sad story behind them;;

Armin was found about three years ago on Christmas eve abandoned in the snow, only a thin
blanked covering him. He was too tired to try to get up or to even move, so he was carried with
a car to the nearest stud. At the time he was found around a frozen lake, he barely had any fur.
He was just a tiny little foal when he was brought to the stud, and he was nurtured with milk
using a baby bottle. In the first 3 days, Armin wasn't able to stand on his little hooves even if
he tried, but after taking a good care of him, he slowly started to be more energic and stand
up for a little while. Nobody knew what kind of horse he was at the time, only after some time
when his fur grew longer and thicker, slowly increasing heigh and weigh, looking more and more
like a tolter.

Image Image Image Image
Emer
xxxx Lauritio xxxx Aheus xxxx Sandocan

all evil to good ¬
Nothing that's bad is ever going to last;;

It seems that no one could figure out who abandoned Armin since that day, or who could possibly
do such a horrible thing, especially to such a handsome tolter. But evey story has to end with a
happy ending, as it happens in his case. Armin made a lot of friends at the Hollow Creek Grove
stud and some are even some of his kind. His closest friends would be Emer and Lauritio, the
tolters, as well as Aheus and Sandocan, a gypsy vanner and a hanoverian. Emer is the friend he
admires the most, because she's wise and kind, a perfect gal to have a night walk and talk about
strage stuff late at night. Lauritio entertains him at all times, the type of friend you'd always like
to be around because he's funny, but also competitive when it comes to races. Aheus and Sandocan
will be the ones who help him when it comes to training and learning new things, they will never
let him down.
ilya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pieces of a Broken Soul

Postby conversett » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:58 am

I’ve never been proud of my past, and it’s something I hate to talk about. But I suppose I could make a one time exception for you.

You see, the barn I was born at was loosing money faster than they could put it in their pocket. Once I came along, I was sold to the highest bidder due to my bloodlines and dashingly handsome coat. I had a lot of potential for showing, so I was wroth a pretty penny. The barn owners only had their eyes on the cash, and not so much who I was being sold to. Which ended up with me being bought by a man who leased us horses out to other humans. That was his business, and boy did he make some glorious cash off of it. None of it went towards us and our needs. The only thing that man cared about was making sure we could preform for the leasers. It wasn’t too bad then. Sure my mouth would hurt one day, my sides the next, and then my rump... it was endless circle. None of us went to sleep without some part of our body screaming bloody murder for help. But I was young, full of hope, and strong. I was convinced that I could handle anything he threw at me.

As the years ticked passed, I aged, and my interests changed. I stopped caring about the man, and instead my eyes drifted towards the other mares in the barn. They were all beautiful, but I’d constantly find myself coming back to the smallest mare in the herd. She had the purest perlino coat that I’ve ever seen, and not to mention those sky blue eyes. Unlike the other horses, she had no fight in her. She just took what she was given and carried on her merry little way. At first she was shy when I approached her, but soon after we found a comfortable conversation. She was so bright and wise. And most of all calming. Just being near her soothed my tattered body. We were friends but I wanted more. I got jealous when other stallions came sniffing her way, and protective whenever I saw the man with his whip. I never got to tell her how much she meant to me though.

It all happened when I was being returned by a leaser, as I was walking off of the trailer I saw it. There was my white beauty laying on the ground, her body littered with red marks, and the man standing above her with his whip. She didn’t make a sound when that dreadful thing made contact with her body. I refused to watch any longer. The anger and hatred I concealed erupted through my very core. I ran to save her but I was too late. She was gone.

I didn’t hesitate in knocking the man out cold, and I proceeded to lay with her that night, despite knowing she moved on to a better place. With her, a little piece of me left my soul. After that I grew wild and furious whenever I just saw the sight of a human. That was the beginning of an even darker path. One that I was sure I’d never return from.

Due to my violent nature, I was to be sent to slaughter. But the world wasn’t done with me yet. One of the leasers finally realized that the man mistreated us, and sent some horse rescue group to take us away from him. Most of us were rehabilitated and rehomed, others like me were too damaged. But atlas they still didn’t give up on me. I grew to spend most of my days in a run-in pasture alone.

Well not entirely alone, as there was this pasture next to mine. A perlino champagne frame overo mare, had the same eyes of my white beauty, lived in the pasture. It hurt to see her, as I could only see my lost love staring back at me through those eyes. Unwillingly I learned this mare was named Cloud. She persisted on knowing my name, but I’d always brush her off and give her a rude comment or ignore her. She didn’t need to befriend me. I couldn’t accept the fact that my life could turn around, so I wouldn’t try. I didn’t think it’d be possible, like it was destined for me never to be happy. But Cloud proved me wrong time and time again. She came to calling me Vuelta, a Spanish word for return. She always talked to me as through she knew me before I snapped, like she could bring the old me back. Return the missing piece of my soul. At first it was annoying, but no matter how rude I was, she just proved to be more stubborn.

Over the coarse of a year I had let in and started to see her as Cloud, and not as my white beauty.

I’d always be grateful for Cloud continuously being able to prove me and my ego wrong. Thanks to her I am finally on the road to redemption and I can be somewhat happy. It’s been hard, don’t get me wrong there. I take one step forward and two steps back, but seeing humans no longer have me doing tantrums. I don’t even mind them being close, I just don’t do contact. Not yet at least. Cloud has confidence that I’ll get over it with time. I can only hope she’s right, then maybe one day I can be somebody she deserves.
Last edited by conversett on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SevereHercules » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:43 am

Username:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Mark
SevereHercules

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pieces of a Broken Soul

Postby paradise, » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:54 am

SergeantWinter wrote:

I’ve never been proud of my past, and it’s something I hate to talk about. But I suppose I could make a one time exception for you.

You see, the barn I was born at was loosing money faster than they could put it in their pocket. Once I came along, I was sold to the highest bidder due to my bloodlines and dashingly handsome coat. I had a lot of potential for showing, so I was wroth a pretty penny. The barn owners only had their eyes on the cash, and not so much who I was being sold to. Which ended up with me being bought by a man who leased us horses out to other humans. That was his business, and boy did he make some glorious cash off of it. None of it went towards us and our needs. The only thing that man cared about was making sure we could preform for the leasers. It wasn’t too bad then. Sure my mouth would hurt one day, my sides the next, and then my rump... it was endless circle. None of us went to sleep without some part of our body screaming bloody murder for help. But I was young, full of hope, and strong. I was convinced that I could handle anything he threw at me.

As the years ticked passed, I aged, and my interests changed. I stopped caring about the man, and instead my eyes drifted towards the other mares in the barn. They were all beautiful, but I’d constantly find myself coming back to the smallest mare in the herd. She had the purest perlino coat that I’ve ever seen, and not to mention those sky blue eyes. Unlike the other horses, she had no fight in her. She just took what she was given and carried on her merry little way. At first she was shy when I approached her, but soon after we found a comfortable conversation. She was so bright and wise. And most of all calming. Just being near her soothed my tattered body. We were friends but I wanted more. I got jealous when other stallions came sniffing her way, and protective whenever I saw the man with his whip. I never got to tell her how much she meant to me though.

It all happened when I was being returned by a leaser, as I was walking off of the trailer I saw it. There was my white beauty laying on the ground, her body littered with red marks, and the man standing above her with his whip. She didn’t make a sound when that dreadful thing made contact with her body. I refused to watch any longer. The anger and hatred I concealed erupted through my very core. I ran to save her but I was too late. She was gone.

I didn’t hesitate in knocking the man out cold, and I proceeded to lay with her that night, despite knowing she moved on to a better place. With her, a little piece of me left my soul. After that I grew wild and furious whenever I just saw the sight of a human. That was the beginning of an even darker path. One that I was sure I’d never return from.

Due to my violent nature, I was to be sent to slaughter. But the world wasn’t done with me yet. One of the leasers finally realized that the man mistreated us, and sent some horse rescue group to take us away from him. Most of us were rehabilitated and rehomed, others like me were too damaged. But atlas they still didn’t give up on me. I grew to spend most of my days in a run-in pasture alone.

Well not entirely alone, as there was this pasture next to mine. A perlino champagne frame overo mare, had the same eyes of my white beauty, lived in the pasture. It hurt to see her, as I could only see my lost love staring back at me through those eyes. Unwillingly I learned this mare was named Cloud. She persisted on knowing my name, but I’d always brush her off and give her a rude comment or ignore her. She didn’t need to befriend me. I couldn’t accept the fact that my life could turn around, so I wouldn’t try. I didn’t think it’d be possible, like it was destined for me never to be happy. But Cloud proved me wrong time and time again. She came to calling me Vuelta, a Spanish word for return. She always talked to me as through she knew me before I snapped, like she could bring the old me back. Return the missing piece of my soul. At first it was annoying, but no matter how rude I was, she just proved to be more stubborn.

Over the coarse of a year I had let in and started to see her as Cloud, and not as my white beauty.

I’d always be grateful for Cloud continuously being able to prove me and my ego wrong. Thanks to her I am finally on the road to redemption and I can be somewhat happy. It’s been hard, don’t get me wrong there. I take one step forward and two steps back, but seeing humans no longer have me doing tantrums. I don’t even mind them being close, I just don’t do contact. Not yet at least. Cloud has confidence that I’ll get over it with time. I can only hope she’s right, then maybe one day I can be somebody she deserves.

ah this was hard c": congrats !! i loved this story so much
      what color halter would you like ?
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nicole - she/her - baby artist
    hiya! i love all things horses &
    nature ;w; i am currently an
    artist for: range trotters, ferox
    ponies, + beaumont collies ♥
    . tentatively open
    for commissions/art swaps- just shoot me a
    message here or on discord! @paradise,#0479
    apricot acres - toyhou.se - ©
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 pm

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I wasn't too sure about being too much for cs or something, and I also wasn't sure if it would be your cup of tea.

Ahh I don't anything in mind for the halter, maybe surprise me?
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me