Time spent 2 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dragoncool97 - Basic Custom

Postby dragoncool97 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:41 pm

WIP
Yet to be approved.

This is going to be my Taxon Herder concept. He will naturally have a pride lion mane (which will be depicted in this post) but i will be using my RU prize from Char to make his mane shaved short.

Proof of basic custom(using only ONE(1) of my custom vouchers): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BTLwb9FzZXkc-wV5hfwJdUt0uydEtUdm_2Mq-HadD40/edit#gid=0
Proof of RU prize: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3539167&start=10#p111964503

dragoncool97 wrote:
“I am at the center of the Great Web of Time, I can pull any thread and a new outcome will emerge.”
~Hannibal

General Stuff wrote:
Username: dragoncool97

LOC Name: Hannibal

Nickname: Bal

Name Meaning/Origin: He is named for
the great Carthaginian general, who
dominated the battlefields of the Second
Punic War.

Element: Psychic

Rank Desired: “I am a warrior at heart
but my element lets me double as a
Seer.”

Personality: wrote:
Calculating: "capable of or made for performing
calculations"

Hannibal is highly intelligent and makes it his business to
Know as much as possible in order to find as many future
Outcomes as he can.

Metacongnative: "higher-order thinking that enables
understanding, analysis, and control of one’s cognitive
processes"

When looking into the future, Hannibal attempts to come up
with as many outcomes as possible. In order to do this he
must consider every action leading up to an event and is
able to clearly track his line of thinking.

Primitive: "of or relating to a tribal people having
cultural or physical similarities with their early ancestors"

Although Hannibal lives close enough to the pride to be
affected by the dust he still insists on hunting for food and
on wearing no armor. He does this to remind him of his
origins and of his family’s customs.

Prideful: "a high or inordinate opinion of one's own
dignity, importance, merit, or superiority"

Hannibal’s pride is not necessarily a flaw to his character. He
is naturally proud of his heritage and psychic abilities, having
been raised in such an encouraging environment. The only
downside is that when his pride is hurt he must redeem him-
self, which is a primary reason to him joining the rebels.

Self-Sufficient: "having extreme confidence in one's
own resources or powers"

Hannibal can fend on his own fairly well. Having been taught
how to hunt at a young age and having mastered the use of
his element, Bal would have no problem surviving if the war
fell from his favor. He is also used to travelling for long
periods of time, should he be named a criminal.

Charming: "a power of pleasing or attracting, as through
personality or beauty"

Despite his meager origins of being a ‘taxon herder’, as so many
call him, Hannibal is seen to be very charming amongst his fellow
rebels. He is kind and enjoys telling stories of his family and his
hunts, a trait most rebels lack.

Non-judgmental: "not judged or judging on the basis of
one's personal standards opinions"

Because of his element, Hannibal has a deeper understanding of
why others make certain decisions and became the way they are.
Because of this trait, many lions find him easy to warm up to,
since they know he will accept them despite what they may have
done in the past.

“Anyone can change the future, all they need to do is act.”

The Basics:
Little is known about Hannibal’s past save for a few details. He was born to a nomadic family of lions who lived far from the pride. They hunted Taxon herds to survive, they would follow them for hundreds of miles and rarely stayed in one place for very long. Hannibal was taught to hunt at a young age but it was dangerous work and he often got injured before he gained his adult form.

Unlike most lions in his generation, Hannibal grew up with a relatively peaceful lifestyle. His family loved him and taught him well. As he aged and began leading hunts, he began using his element to allow him to predict outcomes for the hunts and for other events. As time went on he grew more and more skilled with his element.

It was his father who first heard of the pride and dreamed of bringing his family to the land where no one grew hungry. However, when they finally made their way to the pride they found it in the midst of war. Being a noble family, Hannibal and his male relatives offered to fight, but because ‘what could taxon herders do in a war’? Disappointed by the reality of the pride, Hannibal’s family returned to the unknown, but Hannibal stayed behind to prove the pride he was worth something and ended up joining the rebels.

He is often called the Spider because of how he uses his element. In his mind he sits at the center of a web and each thread is a series of events that each lead to a different outcome. Depending on the desired outcome, Bal will advise a certain plan of action that is most likely to result in said outcome. Most of the time his predictions are correct, but even he knows nothing is certain and that each thread can have any number of branches coming off of it.

Abilities:
Hannibal is a skilled psychic among the rebels. He uses his ability to predict the outcomes of battles and which lions will live or die during them. He developed the ability to take into account certain actions and decisions of individuals, all of which lead to many different outcomes. Hannibal also uses his ability to look into the future during battle, he uses it to predict his opponent’s next moves. The only downside to his ability is that the longer he looks into the future and the more he does it, the more complex the outcomes get and this can exhaust him.

“I am called a Taxon Herder, but at my core I am a Spider...”

~Hannibal discussing his past with Domani

xxxxxxxA blanket of darkness coated the sky, the scent of blood, smoke, and upturned earth lay heavy in the air. I lay in a makeshift healer’s den as Domani, a healer for the rebels and a good friend, tended to the injured. “Why are you still here?” Ani said with an irritated tone, briefly glancing to look me in the eye, “You’re barely scratched thanks to your ability… Why linger?”
xxxxxxx “Come now Ani you know why,” I said to the purple male, “The more information I have th-”
xxxxxxx “The clearer your visions and the more outcomes you see, I know, I know….” Domani said, cutting me off. “I’m just still wondering how a Taxon Herder like you could become so useful. Like how do you go from hunting Taxon to predicting the future for a major army?” He looked up from his healing once again, “Serious the Bal…”
xxxxxxx “Well…” I said looking to my rust colored paws, “It’s a bit of a long story…”
xxxxxxx “I’m assuming you already know I have time.” Domani said with a laugh. “Go ahead, Bal.”

xxxxxxx The day was hot and stagnant as Taxon grazed in a shallow valley. Heat radiated from the earth and all was quiet, the Taxon were completely oblivious to the eyes that stared at them in hunger. A band of lions gathered on either side of the valley, they all bore earth toned pelts, wearing various leather bands and jewelry, and their manes were all cut short save for the youngest in their group.
xxxxxxx”Are you ready Hannibal?” One of the older lions asked the young lion, both males bore dark scars, “You are sure we will catch something?”
xxxxxxx”Of course I am father,” Young Hannibal responded, looking to his father through his longer mohawked mane, “Based on my vision we are going to feast tonight….” His father smiled and nodded. Today was a big day for Hannibal, it is the first time they would hunt based on his predictions of the future, if the hunt was successful Hannibal’s mane would be cut short like the others and he would officially be considered an adult by his family. Hannibal had practiced for months to hone his psychic ability to predict every outcome of this hunt, and he had formulated the perfect plan to ensure its success.
xxxxxxxSilently the hunters all got in place, including Hannibal. His family members quietly waited for his signal, and with the flick of his tail the plan went into action. Hannibal’s cousin, an earth bender, formed a massive wall at one end of the valley. The sudden movement startled the taxon who took off running in the opposite direction and funnelled down the valley. Hannibal and the rest of his family took off after the herd, blocking the Taxon in on the sides.
xxxxxxx Gradually the two packs drove the Taxon towards the end of the valley, which was marked by a steep downward slope. Many taxon turned to avoid it, much rather risking the lions’ wrath but those Taxon were left alone and the lions went after those who braved the slope. Hannibal took the lead of the charge and smirked as Taxon went racing down the hill, and, as expected, a few of the Taxon lost their footing and fell, it was those that the lions attacked. While the fallen Taxon struggled to get their bearings the lions struck...
xxxxxxxHours later, a ceremony was held at field where Hannibal’s family had made camp. Hannibal stood at the center of a ring of lions as they chanted his name, “BAL! BAL! BAL! BAL!” Hannibal stood proud, his mane was now cut short to resemble those of the taxon that laid beside him, he wore gear made of taxon tooth and hide. The elders of his tribe came before him with bowls of red paint. They dipped their tail shards in the paint and began painting the symbols for a seer on his face, shoulders, legs and tail. He was now able to plan any and all future hunts by using his ability to predict the future. Hannibal had done it.

xxxxxxx“Ah do that’s why you always cut your mane short.” Domani said, finally bandaging up the warrior he had been healing. “I get that, but why leave that life to join this little war of ours? Why become ‘the Spider’?” The purple male smirked, before laying down near me, clearly still eager to know more.

[right]xxxxxxx

“Time is relative yet dependant on the choices we make. You of all people should understand that.”
~Hannibal speaking to Ethereal

xxxxxxx “So this is the magical dust,” Hannibals father said, watching in awe and joy as the dust began swirling around them and their large family. They had traveled many miles to get to the pride lands in the hopes of joining their ranks and having a more relaxing life, especially for the aging members. Hannibal was excited, he had heard how the pride had ranks in place such as being a warrior, which Hannibal was eager to become.
xxxxxxxThe Taxon hunters continued into pride territory, following the dust until a patrol found them. Hannibal was amazed at the armor they wore, which only fueled his desire to become a warrior. However when he, his father, and other lead members of his family were brought to Ethereal, his dreams were quickly silenced.
xxxxxxx”We are in the middle of a war.” The time lion said, “We have no need of a band of foreign Taxon herders.” Hannibal clenched his jaw as this lion, not 50 years older than he, insulted his family to their faces, “We can’t afford to armor you let alone train you. We simply don’t have the time.”
xxxxxxx”But you’re the lord of time are you not?” Hannibal’s father said before Hannibal had the chance to snap back at the alpha, “You can make time. We are skilled hunters and fighters we-”
xxxxxxx “I’m sorry, you’re welcome to stay in the pride lands, but we cannot train this many of you in such a short amount of time.” With that Hannibal and his relatives were dismissed from the alpha’s home. Hannibal’s father was devastated, his hopes of his family being able to make a life with the pride were destroyed. They were hunters, all they knew how to do was fight, they knew nothing else.
xxxxxxx “We must go home…” His father said, “There is no life for us here, we must go back to the Taxon plains.”
xxxxxxx”But father what about the other side of the war, maybe they-” Hannibal began but his father cut him off.
xxxxxxx”No. I will not join either side of this war only to be turned away. We must care for our own…” Hannibal’s eyes filled with anger.
xxxxxxx “So we came all this way for nothing? I’m sorry father but i want prove we ‘taxon herders’ are worth more than a simple ‘I’m sorry’.” Hannibal knew his father wanted to do the same, he could see it in his eyes, but his father was old and wouldnt risk getting injured or killed to prove a point. “Please father… Let me prove this ‘alpha’ wrong.” The old male let out a sigh.
xxxxxxx”Very well, Hannibal…” He moved forward touching his nose to the top of his son’s head, slipping his own taxon tooth necklace from his neck onto Hannibal’s, “But please… come home once this war is done.”
xxxxxxxThat night, Hannibal and his family parted ways at the edge of the pridelands and Hannibal, beginning his new journey, began tracking down the rebellion...

xxxxxxx “Once I found the rebels and tried to join, I got my tail handed to me in their initiation ritual…” I said recalling that near bloodbath, “Didn’t know the rebels enough to predict that surprise attack, marred up my face pretty good…”
xxxxxxx “Haha oh yeah! I remember that!” Ani said with a laugh, “You strutted on in demanding to join us and sweet Cersei slammed her horns right on your face! You recovered surprisingly fast though. You predicted her every move after her initial attack didn’t you?”
xxxxxxx “Haha, sort of. Had to prove myself didn’t I?” I said with a smirk, “Must’ve done something right considering where I am now.”
xxxxxxx “Oh please! You knew half way through that fight that you would be part of the rebellion.”
xxxxxxx “Ha! You got me! But I still had a lot to learn to refine my predictions.”

“I hunt for knowledge, the more I know about the past the more I can see in the future.”
~Hannibal explaining how he uses his element

xxxxxxx “You’re…. a taxon herder?” The big grey lion known as Arknon asked Hannibal as hundreds of voices rang out in laughter, “What use do we have for a taxon herder? Go home! And we might just let you live.” More laughter and chuckling, which only irritated Hannibal who was already tired from his journey.
xxxxxxx “I am more use to you than you know.” The grey spotted male responded confidently, “I can predict the future outcomes of all battles and direct you on what moves you should make” Now only a few lions chuckled,but Arknon narrowed his eyes an thought for a moment.
xxxxxxx “We have many psychics, few are so powerful to do what you have claimed…” A smirk cracked at the edge of the skeletal lion’s lips, “So how about a little test.” All of a sudden an orange and white blur came out of nowhere, Hannibal was knocked sideways and his face seared with pain. He blinked in surprise, looking up to see a fierce, stripped lioness with a rack of now blood covered antlers, which he now realized were the cause of his now bleeding face. “Hm so far I’m not impressed…” Arknon taunted.
xxxxxxxHannibal watched the lioness carefully as they circled one another, he was at a disadvantage. He did not know this lioness nor did he know how she thought. He growled to himself, he would have to take a beating in order to figure out how her mind worked… So be it! he thought as the lioness charged at him. Hannibal lunged back at her and the two collided, to the lioness’ surprise Bal was able to take the force of her attack. The two brawled for a while and despite Hannibal’s strength, which he acquired from years of hunting taxon, he was on the losing side.
xxxxxxxHannibal was growing tired now, but he finally got what he wanted. The young psychic now had a good enough idea of the lioness’ fighting style to start his predictions. His attacker, thinking she had the upper hand, went in for another attack, but this time the young taxon herders eyes glazed white for a split second and he dodged her attack, shocking the lioness. As the fight continued, Bal began dodging every attack the lioness threw his way. As she grew tired, he began attacking her after he dodged and slowly but surely, Hannibal eventually had the upper hand.
xxxxxxx “ARGH!” The antlered lioness roared in tired frustration as Hannibal dodged another attack. The rebels were in shock at this turn of events. They stared at Hannibal as he waited for another attack, his face still bleeding, but the attack didn’t come. He had won this fight and the lioness knew it. She growled at him as she strode back to Arknon, with fury in her eyes.
xxxxxxx “Do you believe me now?” Hannibal said, facing Arknon once more. “All I need is a little knowledge of who I’m fighting and I can predict their every move. The same goes for a group if I’m given enough information.” His face stung and his body ached, but he stood proud. Aknon let out a huff before turning away. Bal was confused for a moment before a purple colored male strode up to him…”

Relationships:

Domani: Hannibal met Domani not one days after joining the rebels. During his first battle as a rebel, Hannibal’s tail got severely damaged and Domani was the one to fix it. Hannibal liked the purple male’s somewhat sassy behavior and greatly admired him for his skill. The two got along very well, and Bal even predicts whether Ani’s patients will die from their injuries, saving Ani time.

Cersei: Hannibal met Cersei his first day meeting the rebels. She was the one who attacked him to prove his worth and to initiate him into the rebellion. The scars on Bal’s face are from her initial attack. Despite proving himself to the rest of the rebellion, Hannibal found that he still had to try to prove himself to Cersei, which he has gradually done by making more accurate predictions when she is around and by showing off his catches from his hunts.

Uzumati: Being a pride lion, Uzu has it out for any and all rebels. Bal met Uzu on the battle field and was ambushed by the pride goer and nearly lost his tail. Uzu now boasts how he nearly took the tail of a rebel as a prize and Bal is forever scarred from the ordeal.

Description of Accessories

Scar on Rib cage: When he was around 150, Bal was on a hunt with his cousins. He was there as a chase, but one Taxon stood its ground and charged the cub, impaling Bal with its horn, nearly killing him.
Scars on rump and leg: These scars came from when Bal first tried to take down a Taxon and the beast turned on him and bit and dragged him about as he held on.
Scars on tail: During Bal’s first battle against the pride, he was fighting one pride lion while another, Uzumati, ambushed him and tried to rip off his tail. A reminder of how he can only predict so much.
Scar on face: Earned when joining the rebellion to test his strength, was a surprise attack from Cersei.
Taxon tooth arm band: Received after his coming of age hunt, his tribe uses every part of the taxon. Neglecting to do so is seen as disrespectful.
Taxon fur tail brace: Made of taxon leather, also received after his coming of age hunt.
Tooth necklace: Belonged to his father, was gifted to him when he left to join the rebellion.
Tail charm: Another lion’s tooth, taken as a trophy from one of his various battles for the rebellion.
Earring: Bone earring made simply to look stylish.
Nose ring: His tribe's symbol for being a high ranking member, due to being son of the tribe’s leader as well as a seer.
Body paint: Symbolic of a seer in his tribe, the arrows are signify how he makes plans for the hunts. Other members had different symbols painted on their fur, though most were hunters.
Shaved mane: Done to honor the taxon his family hunts. It symbolizes complete adulthood for a lion and as a reminder of the creatures that give them life.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me