Null by emporio!

Based on Click to view
Artist emporio! [gallery]
Time spent 19 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Null

Postby emporio! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:36 pm

I THOUGHT I ALREADY HAD HIM HERE I'M SORRY I HAVE NEGLECTED U MY SON HE'S TOO GOOD FOR ME I STG

username: Crispy Richard
pillowtail's name: Null
personality: Curious and somewhat nervous, mostly. He's a bit slow on the uptake of things but quick to accept change once he realizes its there. Has a habit of apologizing and thanking people too much, and functions with a sort of jumbled speech pattern due to a scrambled processor. He's horrendous at reading facial expressions and emotions but tries his hardest to be empathetic.
story/art:
Null is quiet. His left paw is fidgeting, running through the synthetic fur on his tail, focusing on smoothing out any irregularities instead of the quiet clicking and occasional squeak as Da works on his eye. Its the blue one, the uncovered optic that naturally glows bright instead of being drowned in silver dye, that is being fixed. It doesn't scan correctly, sends the wrong information to his head at the wrong time and makes him think it hurts even when it doesn't. Da says it 'throws off his depth perception' as well. Null isn't exactly sure what that means but he thinks it has something to do with how close everything is to his face all the time. He mulls it over and tries very hard not to flinch when Da severs two of the wires in his eye socket and half of his vision cuts out.
A flashing red and blue light illuminates the room for a second and Null trails it with his eye, watching its passage through the long, low window that takes up a whole strip of the wall. Da says he needs to stay inside when the lights come on, says that its not safe and they'll take him away. "Away from me, little circuit. The men with the lights don't like beings not made with flesh and blood." The thought of being taken away from Da makes him feel sad. Da is a human, but a nice human; he rebooted the holographic bits on his tail and fixed the water damage in his head and... didn't smash him. Like those other humans (and one of their pillowtails) threatened to do when he was first created and still homeless. Da is the only nice human Null has met, really, but that's to be expected. Nobody really trusts robots anymore ever since they went bad a couple years ago. Da told him all about it last week.
Suddenly, his vision cuts back on, and Da's retreating fingers and tiny screwdriver are visible again. His eyelids close with a metallic click, opening again to reveal that the room is significantly less blurry. Da smiles, warm brown eyes crinkling at the edges of his even browner face, and he wipes at something wet under Null's newly fixed eye with his thumb. It comes away black (Null shudders so hard the holographics flicker) and the pillowtail only relaxes when Da explains that is was just leakage from one of his minor oil lines. Explains his malfunctioning eye, at least.
"Th-thank you," Null says in a small voice. "For f-fixing and n-n-not-" He cuts himself off. How does he properly express it? "-n-not throwing away." Da just smiles and presses the robot close to his chest, humming some tune Null can't name, and everything is warm.
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me