Furry Faces Part One by kiwipen

Based on Click to view
Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Furry Faces Part One

Postby kiwipen » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:43 am

MintyMichi wrote:Any tips on how to draw anthro characters? I'm having a bit of a hard time drawing their faces straight on as well as if their body should be more human like or animal like- ^^ thanks in advance ♥

I'll be breaking this tutorial into multiple parts as faces are a very important part of drawing anthro characters, which means they are usually the more detailed parts, but I'll try to be as helpful as I can!

Drawing an anthro face largely varies artist by artist --- some prefer humanoid faces with noses and ears attached. Others like their anthro characters to have the full wolf snout attached to a humanoid body. It all varies largely by artist preference and there is no #1 right way to interpret an anthro character. I would always advise you to draw what you like.

For my standard furry face, a headon view starts with a circle and a line going vertically down the middle, and then another line going horizontally just below the middle of it. As you can see, I also establish a 'chin' for my more humanoid faces, but for my more animalistic faces, the chin definition isn't needed.

The eyes tend to rest above the middle line drawn horizontally, in my opinion, it looks better. Most furry characters' ears will be drawn lower on the head than traditional animals would, but if you like them placed anatomically correct, that also works!

My apologies if the visual isn't that helpful, as the second one is more of a 3/4 view --- it's very rare I draw headon views but when I do, they are more like the first example :)

In the second picture I will try to show you the different ways you can draw furry anatomy. Like faces, there is no right or wrong way to do it, however, there are some universal things that need to be done, regardless if you want them more animalistic or humanoid.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Furry Faces Part One

Postby kiwipen » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:44 am

=== Please keep questions on this thread on topic of furry faces. If you have other questions, check out the main thread! ===

If you liked my tutorial, give me a nice comment <3
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me