Dogon Summer Event Adopt #4- Adopted by muttgirl310

Based on Click to view
Artist muttgirl310 [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dogon Summer Event Adopt #4- Adopted

Postby muttgirl310 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:21 am

Heyo! Lovely little Coral snake adopt that comes with their very own snake! For this dogon they would like for you to let them know what you know about snakes! Show your knowledge! Bonus points if you can identify the type of snake that his friend is! Pretty up as much as you would like!!

Code: Select all
Username:
Dogon Name:
Dogon Gender:
Snake Info:
Snake Type: (Bonus)

Tepin. wrote:
Ok I have to apply for this guy. I love snakes, and have owned several in the past. Unfortunately I don't h ave any right now, and miss them terribly. Mostly I owned milk snakes (The most aesthetically pleasing snakes in my opinion) , which are the non-venomous counterpart to the coral snake, which is what this guy appears to be based off of.

Username: Tepin
Dogon Name: Jack [ Red touch black, safe for Jack. Red touches yellow, kills a fellow. get it? no - well I amuse myself at least :p ]
Dogon Gender: Male
Snake Info:
-> The death adder has the fastest strike of any snake in the world. It can attack, inject venom, and go back to striking position in under 0.15 seconds.
-> There are about 500 genera and 3,000 different species of snakes. All of them are predators
-> Snakes typically need to eat only 6–30 meals each year to be healthy
-> The king cobra is thought to be one of the most intelligent of all snakes. Additionally, unlike most snakes, who do not care for their young, king cobras are careful parents who defend and protect their eggs from enemies

Snake Type: (Bonus) Unfortunately with out some of the obvious 'tells' head shape (venomous, non-venomous) etc Its a pretty generic green - however my guess would have to be the Boomslang (One of my all time personal favorites) Their hemotoxin venom qualities have always fascinated me. Essentially their venom acts as a blood thinner, rather than heavy clotting factor -as most venomous snakes use- They're not as deadly as some of the 'big' guys, but very unique.
Last edited by muttgirl310 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some
art, although it's not amazing.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dogon Summer Event Adopt #4

Postby -chirp- » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:45 am

Username: Brandy6
Dogon Name: Slither
Dogon Gender: Female
Snake Info:
-Coral snakes are not very large. Rare specimens may reach 3 feet in length, but most of them are 18 to 20 inches long. (My mom told me that we she was on Facebook)
-Snake’s scales are made up of something called Keratin, which is the same thing that our fingernails are made from.
-The Thread snake is the smallest snake. It is only about 10 centimeters (4 inches long) and the size of a toothpick.
-Vine snakes are remarkable because they appear to have binocular vision.
Snake Type: mississippi green water snake?

chirp
he/they/she
bisexual
est time
— - - —
credit me @ th
art shop
— - - —
beautiful avatar @ woebegone
sig pixels @ me
-chirp-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:42 am

Ok I have to apply for this guy. I love snakes, and have owned several in the past. Unfortunately I don't h ave any right now, and miss them terribly. Mostly I owned milk snakes (The most aesthetically pleasing snakes in my opinion) , which are the non-venomous counterpart to the coral snake, which is what this guy appears to be based off of.

Dogon Name: Jack [ Red touch black, safe for Jack. Red touches yellow, kills a fellow. get it? no - well I amuse myself at least :p ]
Snake Info:
-> The death adder has the fastest strike of any snake in the world. It can attack, inject venom, and go back to striking position in under 0.15 seconds.
-> There are about 500 genera and 3,000 different species of snakes. All of them are predators
-> The king cobra is thought to be one of the most intelligent of all snakes. Additionally, unlike most snakes, who do not care for their young, king cobras are careful parents who defend and protect their eggs from enemies

Snake Type: (Bonus) Unfortunately with out some of the obvious 'tells' head shape (venomous, non-venomous) etc Its a pretty generic green - however my guess would have to be the Boomslang (One of my all time personal favorites) Their hemotoxin venom qualities have always fascinated me. Essentially their venom acts as a blood thinner, rather than heavy clotting factor -as most venomous snakes use- They're not as deadly as some of the 'big' guys, but very unique.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:41 pm

May I ask when these will be judged?
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:11 am

Tepin. wrote:

Snake Info:

Congrats, Jack found your naming to be very humorous and thought your knowledge of snakes to also be quite interesting. You have successfully won over this dogon! BTW his friend was based on a green tree python but if you would rather change it to be a boomslang then that is absolutely fine! Enjoy this pair.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some