Artist Rorrim [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Rorrim

⛩ Suiren Setsuna & Suiren Kaede 🏵

Postby Rorrim » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Literally Dream kals I cannot believe,,I'm just gonna lay on the ground and cry for a few hours b ye.

~ Eternal Youth Vibes ~

Top kit is Setsuna, and bottom is Kaede. Setsuna is male, and Kaede is female, but presents as male in order to lead her house.

Kaede is the sole remaining heir to the noble Suiren family, one of the twelve houses that serve under the emperor. Setsuna is the lost Suiren heir, and the groundskeeper of a remote mountain shrine.

They exist in my fantasy universe, but their setting is largely inspired by Feudal Japan, and the Shinto religion. Spirits are very present, and often appear before those who care to look.

Setsuna ;;

Setsuna was kidnapped at birth, and held for a ransom that was never paid. Once his kidnappers realized they couldn't use him, they abandoned him at a remote mountain shrine. Luckily, the grumpy old groundskeeper there just sorta adopted him. The groundskeeper was mute by injury, so Setsuna was never taught to talk. He is however very eloquent in his writing, and communicates rather well through gestures. He did learn a small selection of songs from a traveller that visited their shrine, and although he doesn't understand the words, he loves to sing them when he is alone. He actually has a very beautiful voice.

Setsuna became the sole keeper of the shrine at fifteen years old when the old groundskeeper passed away. He takes great pride in keeping it beautiful, despite the fact that it is rarely visited. Setsuna is a gentle and innocent soul. He is very in tune with the spiritual realm, and can naturally see that which others train their whole lives to perceive.

Kaede ;;

On the brink of bankruptcy and without the means pay the outrageous ransom for their kidnapped son, the Suiren family decided to masquerade their remaining daughter in their lost son's place. Kaede was never told about her twin, and was brought up as a male and groomed to take over her household when the time came. She is very serious, and maybe a bit harsh. She doesn't really trust anyone, and is very touchy. Pushing people away is easier then risking letting them in. Wants to do everything herself to make sure it's done right. She feels pressured to act masculine to make up for her feminine features. Is constantly afraid that her true gender will be discovered. She commands respect from her underlings, but will not be unnecessarily cruel.

Kaede officially became head of the Suiren household at fifteen years old. She is very good at managing assets and has greatly increased her family's financial situation. Many of the twelve noble houses resent her for her success.
Rorrim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me