Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#5930 Bay Roan Minimal Sabino

Postby j. bourne » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:49 am

A simple kiddo. uvu

Username: D.J.D Vos
    Show Name: Beware the Forest's Eye
    Barn Name: Áhorfandi (Icelandic for 'Watcher')
    Eye Color: Winter's Retreat ( teal-tinted grey )
    Sire/Dam: Foundation
    Sire/Dam: Foundation
    Genotype: Ee/Aa/RnRn/Sbsb
    Breeding Notes:
    - Dominant for roan! Will always produce roan foals!

Competition: Give them a unique name and tell me, in a story, why they are named this. Minimum of 200 words, maximum of 1000!
    End Date: July 20th

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Show Name:[/b]
    [b]Barn Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Story:[/b]
Last edited by j. bourne on Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #5930 Bay Roan Minimal Sabino

Postby conversett » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:04 pm

Username: SergeantWinter
Show Name: Lace Curtain
Barn Name: Aristo
Story: wip
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raury » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:15 am

Mark
Raury

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:01 am

Username: Half Tree
    Show Name: Faleron's Sunrise Knight
    Barn Name: Kontarion "Kon"
    "The later Byzantine kontarion was used by Byzantine cataphracts, from c. 1100 it was used single-handed couched under the armpit, as was the contemporary knightly lance."
    Story:
    ... The light was just starting to crest the top of the tents when the little bay roan colt stepped out into the bright beams. He danced around behind his solid black dam, eager to be outside after a long night inside. She looks back on him every few feet that she is being lead making such he follows. He doesn't stray too far from her, though he does pause a number of times to look at things of interest. Mostly armour or polished wood as it catches the morning light just right.
    ... They stop at the gate to the temporary paddock and as the metal swing open to allow them to enter the colt pauses to watch the colourful light wrap around the poles. The snap of his mother's halter coming off is what gets him moving again to follow her. The human gives him a little ear scratch before closing them in and strolling away whistling to himself. A little following of dogs suddenly appears around him as he goes hoping to play with the lead rope. The mare suddenly bumps her baby with her nose before turning away from the scene past the gate and going in search of tasty grass. Only being a month and a half of age the little foal chases after her.
    ... Once she finds a satisfactory area to eat she doesn't waste time in grabbing mouthfuls of the juicy grass. The bay roan foal comes over to nurse until his stomach is full and once finished with that he starts exploring a bit. It started out as looking for the best spot to nap but then a metal crashing sound has him on alert. It seems one of the knights lost his footing and went down rather ungracefully. The morning damp has left some areas of grass as slippery as fresh mud, anyone not paying particular attention may fall victim. The human is sputtering out curses while trying to stand again his armour covered in grime. A few people have come to see what all the fuss is about, including the owner of the mare and little colt. He is carrying a long piece of polished wood that immediately catches the foal's attention. Unable to help the floundering knight with only one hand he walks over to the edge of the paddock a few feet away and lays it down next to the rope fence. Seeing the colt creeping closer in curiosity the man smiles at him and says gently, "Now you look over this for me little one."
    ... When the man has turned away the colt goes closer to the weird wood, it isn't something he has really seen so close before. He starts sniffing it running his delicate muzzle up and down the length of it but doesn't find anything of interest. He is slightly bending down under the rope so he decides to try and move the wood closer. He uses his little legs to kick at the object managing to roll it towards him at an angle. He squeals and bucks running off a few steps towards his mother before turning back. Finding that amusing he goes back to kick and rear at it again, one little hoof striking the surface and making a small tak sound. He does this action a few more times before staring the object down. The foal is making himself rather tired, still with his full belly of milk and now the extra running around. He plops down next to his new toy and leans over to rest his little head on the smooth surface.
    ... The owner is coming back to collect his lance not meaning to have taken so long talking to the righted and much calmer knight, when he noticed a little form resting with it. Seeing the wood moved from where he left it he has a moments worry that one of the horses may have damaged it. When he gets to the fence and reaches down to pick it up he pauses, staring down at the sleeping foal. The colour of the foals face almost matches completely with the colour of the treated wood. Everyone had been struggling to find a name for this particular foal. Nothing seemed to stick to him no matter how many they tried or how many suggestions they took.
    ... The man decides to test out the name out loud, "Lance...no, no that isn't right." He crouches there staring at the sleeping foal in concentration trying to find something suiting. A passing scholar noticing the odd behaviour of a man muttering to himself while staring at a horse goes over to investigate.
    ... "Pardon me." the scholar says from behind the odd man.
    ... This has the unsuspecting fellow jumping out of his skin before turning from his crouch to see who had spoken. "Yes?" he asks.
    ... "What are you doing? I couldn't help overhear some of your muttering as I way going past." The older man says, while examining the now awakened foal.
    ... The mare comes over to watch the old man standing so close to her baby, while her owner explains that he is trying to find a name for the foal that has something to do with the lance. This gets the older individual thinking for a few moments before he says, "I once heard a fellow scholar speak of a weapon much like the lance used by Byzantines. I believe he said it was called a 'kontarion'."
    ... "Hmm...Kontarion." as he tests out this new word, the foal turns to look at him with perked ears. Seeing this both men smile, he tests the word again. The colt remains attentive and flicks his ear before pricking it forward once more.
    ... "It would seem we've found your name, little Kontarion." The scholar says before shaking hands with Kon's owner and going on his way. Much like earlier that morning the owner gives Kontarion a little scratch while he picks up the lance and strolls away whistling.
[1000/1000]
Last edited by Half Tree on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 am

merk merk
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nicole - she/her - baby artist
    hiya! i love all things horses &
    nature ;w; i am currently an
    artist for: range trotters, ferox
    ponies, + beaumont collies ♥
    . tentatively open
    for commissions/art swaps- just shoot me a
    message here or on discord! @paradise,#0479
    apricot acres - toyhou.se - ©
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:56 am

Username: MiloThePitBull
Show Name:
Barn Name: Dakota

wip
Thunderbolt Tolter Stable-Gypsy stable
    one day i woke up and smiled for the memories we had, instead of crying for the memories that we cant make
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:13 am

Username: D.J.D Vos
Story: The story begins in Iceland, several years ago. Young children living near a pine forest began getting the sensation of being watched when they headed out to play. A few reports of seeing a small, four legged shadowy figure also started to crop up at around the same time. Some thought it was a monster, others an illusion, but after months and months of speculation, skepticism, and fear it was decided that investigation was needed.

A small search party of brave, if dubious people set out at midday to attempt to prove that the 'forest monster' was nothing more than a trick of the mind. What they discovered, of course, was not what they had been expecting. The 'monster' was nothing more than a yearling pony who stared them down with such intensity that several party members couldn't help but shiver. The filly stood frozen, wary, but unafraid. Her brownish coat blending in shockingly well with her surroundings. The moment someone moved however, she turned and darted off through the trees. The party had lost her for now, but they would return to capture the feral youngster.

A few weeks of preparation were required, but eventually the residents were ready to flush out and capture the filly. She had been christened 'Áhorfandi' by the children even before they had finished capturing her. In the time following the first capture, Áhorfandi broke out of the pen she was contained in at least three different instances, each time returning to the forest and each time being recaptured. She was eventually brought to a breeding farm to be tamed, and she received her show name there after some intense genetic testing. For the story of her past, she was named "Beware the Forest's Eye", while her call name was kept Áhorfandi in honor of the children who she had scared.
(307 words)

This hasn't been closed so I hope it's not too late, I bookmarked this and then totally forgot about it //shot
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby j. bourne » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 am

D.J.D Vᴏs wrote:Username: D.J.D Vos
Story: The story begins in Iceland, several years ago. Young children living near a pine forest began getting the sensation of being watched when they headed out to play. A few reports of seeing a small, four legged shadowy figure also started to crop up at around the same time. Some thought it was a monster, others an illusion, but after months and months of speculation, skepticism, and fear it was decided that investigation was needed.

A small search party of brave, if dubious people set out at midday to attempt to prove that the 'forest monster' was nothing more than a trick of the mind. What they discovered, of course, was not what they had been expecting. The 'monster' was nothing more than a yearling pony who stared them down with such intensity that several party members couldn't help but shiver. The filly stood frozen, wary, but unafraid. Her brownish coat blending in shockingly well with her surroundings. The moment someone moved however, she turned and darted off through the trees. The party had lost her for now, but they would return to capture the feral youngster.

A few weeks of preparation were required, but eventually the residents were ready to flush out and capture the filly. She had been christened 'Áhorfandi' by the children even before they had finished capturing her. In the time following the first capture, Áhorfandi broke out of the pen she was contained in at least three different instances, each time returning to the forest and each time being recaptured. She was eventually brought to a breeding farm to be tamed, and she received her show name there after some intense genetic testing. For the story of her past, she was named "Beware the Forest's Eye", while her call name was kept Áhorfandi in honor of the children who she had scared.
(307 words)

This hasn't been closed so I hope it's not too late, I bookmarked this and then totally forgot about it //shot

Although I loved Stumpy's story, this one really stuck and matched the tolter in a way I couldn't describe. Congrats! uvu
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:27 am

Congrats! I honestly really liked your backstory and character more than mine so I'm happy you won. <33

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:32 am