Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Jelly Beast Adopts; ANNOUNCEMENT PG.7 by ServerNurse

Artist ServerNurse [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Jelly Beast Adopts; ANNOUNCEMENT PG.7

Postby ServerNurse » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 am

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼

Last edited by ServerNurse on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

What Are Jelly Beasts?

What Are Jelly Beasts?
Jelly Beasts are large creatures comparable to horses in both size and body structure. They are omnivorous creatures with a diet of plants, fruit, small insects and on the rare occasion small mammals, eggs, and fish. They are covered in a fine fur, and all have horns, bellies and tails made of a bioluminescent membrane. On average they live 30-50 years, and have not yet been domesticated.

Jelly Beasts are located on a remote island located south of Iceland and west of the United Kingdom. Recently discovered, Jelly Beasts are the first of the species to be discovered on this island along with a handful of new birds, lizards, rodents, and other strange creatures that can't really be described. For the most part, there is little flat land, consisting mostly of hills and mountain ranges with heavily forested areas. So far the island has been mapped out but no researcher has been able to stay for long. these beasts are prey animals on this island and there are much larger, much more dangerous things that hunt them.
Last edited by ServerNurse on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Notes and Variations

Basic Anatomy

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼
Jelly Beasts have a skeletal structure comparable to a horse or another equine animal. They have three 'hooves' or hoof like toes to a foot. They lack a sternum and have an incomplete ribcage. rather than meet completely, protecting organs, their ribs make it about halfway before stopping, never meeting like they should.

The strangest part of Jelly Beasts and the reason behind their namesake are the areas on their body with a bioluminescent, jelly like appearance. Their horns are the hardest of the material, while the sacks, 'stomach' and tail are all softer, almost squishy. The 'stomach' area runs from the bottom of the chest to where genitalia starts and makes up for the lack of bones in protecting their internal organs. they are all visible through this 'jelly.' The tail, like the horns vary, but are also 'jelly.' It appears to be fully moveable and although no muscle is visible through this, the suspended vertebrae of the tail are. With some, the jelly appears to drip like honey, and it is believed that like their saliva, they can excrete a similar sticky substance for marking areas, though it is rare to find a 'dripping' jelly beast.

Jelly Beasts have a short coat of fur covering their bodies with the only exception being the 'jelly' areas.

Jelly Beasts have a thick skull with no visible dip to where the muzzle starts. They have slit nostrils and large eyes, with larger, expressive ears.

All Jelly Beasts have some form of horn, regardless of sex. It can be as simple as a single horn in the middle of their head to as complex as a series of spines running down the front of their face or large curling horns or branching antlers. All are made of a bioluminescent material that is jelly like in appearance but surprisingly hard. it may sometimes appear to "Drip" in warmer weather as water collects, giving it an even more jelly like appearance.

Jelly Beasts are omnivores, leaning more towards an herbavore side. They have large, almost exaggerated rounded teeth, and it isn't uncommon to see Jelly Beasts with fangs or tusks.
Jelly Beasts have fat split tongues and a thick, sweet saliva with the consistency of Honey. It is believed they use their sticky sweet saliva to mark areas, licking trees and rocks not only to mark it as theirs, but to attract mates and trap insects and very small mammals that can be eaten later.

All Jelly Beasts possess a pair of sacks on their neck, though it is more prominent in males. It appears as the same bioluminescent jelly like material that protects their internal organs. it's softer than their horns and is easily inflatable. it is believed they use this as a defence mechanism against predators or enemies as well as to attract potential mates.

Breeding

Jelly Beasts have no concept of gender, but do have a biological sex, being male or female. Although they have no concept of gender or sexuality, they do not always have a mate of the opposite sex, or just one mate at all! It has been noted that there have been male and female couples as well as relationships of three or more, and they all seem very happy with it.
For breeding purposes, a same sex couple must have a third partner to produce an offspring. they could be all together, or a couple merely finding a third partner to assist in breeding. They lay eggs of the same jelly substance in clutches of 2-5. once born the young, often called 'colts, fawns, or calves' stand immediately though they don't wander far from the nest until the pure goop has hardened enough to protect their bones and organs.

Variations

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼
Tail Variations
Tails can be sorted into rarity as follows;
◼ Standard
◼ Flop
◼ Curl
◼ Skinny
◼ Drip
◼Stub
◼Exposed Bone
◼Missing(no tail at all)
Note that the 'Drip' variation can effect any tail or horn combination as both can appear to 'drip' and does not limit it to the standard tail or horns.

Horn Variations

Tails can be sorted into rarity as follows;
◼ Standard
◼ Long
◼ Ram
◼ Dragon
◼ Antlers
◼ Unicorn
Note that more variations are being discovered and does not limit them all to these ones here. rather, it the rule usually is that the longer the horn(s) the higher the rarity. multiple, one, branching or missing horns are all rare and above while everything is can be considered common to uncommon depending on the length.

Ear Variations
Ears can be sorted into rarity as follows;
◼ Standard
◼ Flop
◼ Short
◼ Fawn
◼Reptile(Missing)
More ear variations are still being discovered

Other Variations and Mutations
Other mutations can occur that can include but are certainly not lmited to
◼Wing Growths. cannot be used to fly, as there is no muscle or bone, but formations from the jelly.
◼Spines. Similar to horns but appearing on more places along the body.
◼Plate scales. Hard jelly formations along the body in patches along the legs, back, or head in clusters that give an armour or scale like appearance.
More mutations are still being discovered, and are all considered Rare or Legendary mutations
Last edited by ServerNurse on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby ServerNurse » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 am

Rules

◼ Basic rules apply(i.e. no spam, be polite, ect.)
◼You can own up to 5 Jelly Beasts; excluding customs and event beasts(may allow more later on)
◼Artists can own 7, and can create 1 custom up to an uncommon rarity
◼Guest Artists can own 6 with a custom up to a common rarity(can be saved if promoted to full artist for an uncommon)
◼Please don't sell for on or offsite currency. They are a CLOSED Species
◼You may not create your own unless given permission by current owner
◼Beasts can be bred a max of 7 times(again, may change later)
◼Go ahead and use as a character, or fursona, or whatever. SO long as credit is given to original creator(me)
◼For Gifting, Trading, whatever, please post on the corresponding thread(if one is created for that) and receive full permission from current owner.
◼Thank you for Reading

Last edited by ServerNurse on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff/Bans/Strikes

Staff

Owner/Creator/Artist
Artists

Guest Artists

Moderators

Archivist

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼[/center]
Strikes & Bans

Strikes

Bans

◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼◼[/center]
Last edited by ServerNurse on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Shop

Pigeon wrote:"Hi! I'm Pigeon, and this is my shop.
Here You can buy Amber Pieces, or exchange those Amber Pieces(AP) for other things.
Feel free to look around!
My Items cycle out every 2-3 days, so every 2-3 days, there will be different things in the shop! keep an eye out for special things.
Pigeon has wares...."

Exchange Rates
----------------------------------------------------------------

[Insert Link to Bank Here]

▽pets▽
OMGsc/vc = 10 Amber Pieces
Common = 30 Amber Pieces
Uncommon = 70 Amber Pieces
Rare = 250 Amber Pieces
Very rare = 450 Amber Pieces
List pet = Unlimited Amber Pieces

▽Extras▽
1 c$ = 50 Amber Pieces
2012 = +10 Amber Pieces
2011 = +20 Amber Pieces
2010 = +30 Amber Pieces
2009 = +40 Amber Pieces
2008 = +50 Amber Pieces

Code: Select all
[size=150]I'd like some Amber![/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Trade:[/b]
[b]Total AP:[/b]

Beautiful Flower: x5
Grants 1 Breeding Ticket(1 time use)
Imagex50

Common Runestone: x3
Grants 1 Common MYO Ticket(1 time use)
Imagex300

[size=150]I'd Like some wares![/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Item(s):[/b]
[b]Total AP:[/b]
[b]Anything Else?[/b]
Last edited by ServerNurse on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates & Extras

Postby ServerNurse » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am

Stamps

Art by Tepin.

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3488805][img]http://i.imgur.com/WkfJiSx.gif[/img][/url]

Art by Ciri

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3488805][img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/43fc/f/2017/170/c/2/jelly_beasts_banner_by_dopperugengaa-dbdajvi.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3488805][img]http://i.imgur.com/auwSjoC.png[/img][/url]

Art by Marzel

Art by DogeDog

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3488805][img]https://images.cooltext.com/4965854.gif[/img][/url]

Last edited by ServerNurse on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jelly Beast Adopts; Grand Opening

Postby ServerNurse » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am

Posting is now open!
ServerNurse