Based on Click to view
Artist miskit [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sparok #7 - winner

Postby miskit » Sat May 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Sparoks have wings attached to their heads, approximately where their ears should be
They can hear through their top ears, their bottom ears and tail are for stabilization.
Although Sparoks can't fly they can glide, because their bodies are too heavy for their wings to lift.
Some Sparoks only have one set of wings on their head, these guys can't glide at all.
The eyes of a Sparok may be different, depending on where they live.
Sparoks who live in dark caves have slitted eyes, those who live in the forest have clear eyes, and those who are domestic have circular white pupils.
Their tongues are usually the same color as the bottoms of their paw pads
Sparoks are approximately the size of Shiba Inus. Some are larger and some are smaller, but not by much, unless genetically defected.
This species tends to live in the trees or cliffs, making nests for their young, they do not lay eggs, however.
The Sparok is very protective of its land, and will dive off of high cliffs with competitors and glide upwards at the last second to win land, whoever dives up first loses.
If a baby is born with only one pair of head wings, they are likely to die if pushed out of a nest, due to the fact that they cannot glide, making them uncommon to see in the adult world.
Sparoks eat almost anything but mostly bugs, rats, and fruit

An uncommon sparok!
this one really loves water!
Edits: floppy wings, long drastic hair, only one pair of wings, tail wing edit

In order to win this gorgeous sparok, tell me about their experience and love for water!

Code: Select all
Username:
Sparok name
Sparok Gender:
Story:

600 word limit, up to 3 art extras
prettying up is allowed!
(ends June 10th)
Last edited by miskit on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miskit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sparok #7

Postby onionraptor » Sat May 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Username: Mimi-Chan~
Sparok name: Seraphine
Sparok Gender: Female
Story: Seraphine loves the water because when she was very, very young, she fell into the water, drowning. Just before she died, a Manta Ray carried her to the surface. After that day, she loves to surf with that same manta ray that saved her.

━ THOUGHTS ━
┌─────────┐
#1 / #2 / #3 / #4 /

└────────┘
━ WASH AWAY ━

● ● ● ● ●
░░░░░░
━━━━

┌──────┐
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text

└──────┘
━━━━

onionraptor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /Aster/ » Sun May 21, 2017 4:25 am

Username: AConspiracyofRavens
Sparok name: Zinnia
Story: Zinnia was raised in the swamplands by her mother with no other siblings or fellow Sparoks she grew up secluded making her a bit inexperienced with conversation her mother a herbalist and healer taught her daughter all she knew about the plants and other animals of the swampland however her mother often tried to keep her in the trees away from the turquoise and emerald waters of their home she often said it was dangerous and was no place for a young Sparok to be but Zinnia was often drawn to the peaceful surface would ignore her mother and float about on her back using her wings to gently push her along after her mother's passing Zinnia took over her mother's position as herbalist she can be found floating peacefully in the swamp waters and in her den where she will treat and assist weary travelers who pass through
I Dream Of Flight
/Aster/

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Sun May 21, 2017 4:29 am

mark

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yuzima » Sun May 21, 2017 8:13 am

Username:Len~Chan
Sparok name:Lilac
Sparok Gender:Female
Story:Once Lilac was chasing a butterfly."Be careful!" Her mother had said"And remember DONT GO IN THE WATER"
Lilac was a very curios girl so she really wanted to go into the river if it was the last thing she'd do.But she didnt want to disobey her mother.She had beautiful white hair and a light pelt.Busy chasing the butterfly she didnt realize she ran away so far from home!She got so distracted she tripped on a rock and landed face first into the water.When she opened her eyes she noticed her pelt and hair had changed colors and she grew a fin on her luscious tail!She rolled in the water.The feeling was excellent she loved the warm mushy mud in between her toes and the cooling water to cool off any hot day.She played around until she noticed the sun setting.She lifted her paw to step onto the ground but she noticed when she stepped a puddle formed to where she was still walking on water but.. there where tiny puddles at her feet.She ran home still walking on water.Her pelt didnt change of course she was still with the water.When she arrived home her mother tried to hit her.She was very abused as a child.But too her surprise the water formed a shield.She wasnt fed dinner that night but when ever she got a feeling she was hungry at the puddles by her front paws a few small fish jumped out of the puddle.When she finally grew old enough to run away from her mother she lived in a cave by a small lake.She never grew hungry thirsty or a lack of loneliness she would just think of it and a friendly crab,fish,dolphin,ANYTHING underwater and POOF it was there in front of her.But then she grew so lonely nothing could cheer her up."Hurry,this way! A human stepped into the cave."Come here little erm,thing.. Your so cute!" A taller human stepped out " Be careful honey it might bite..." The teller human gave a nice yet careful gaze onto her.The shorter one had a look of excitement. Lilac stood up and shuffled toward the humans.The smaller human put there hand out and Lilac licked it.The smaller human picked her up."Can we keep her?" They squealed. The taller one let out a sigh "fine..".The sun set while she was taken away happily to her new family.
And id be ever so grateful to be that family.
Last edited by yuzima on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxx • xxxxxxxxx • xxxxxxxxx• [pinterest]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
carrd • xxxxxxx • xxxxxxx • xxxxxxxxxx
yuzima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kara

Postby SoupPupped » Sun May 21, 2017 10:30 am

basic info wrote:username;;
SoupPupped
name;;
Kara
gender;;
Female
story wrote:Kara laughed as she ran down the path to the sea. After the many wars this sea had survived, it was a pretty abandoned area. There were rumors of radioactive materials, so the sea was considered a dangerous body of water to swim or even be around. Submarines from past wars were found, nuclear waste has been found, and many still dump deadly materials into this sea. Kara didn’t care. She believed all her life that she was named after the water, the Kara Sea being too uncanny to ignore. She had swam all her life due to the lack of gliding, and she’s gone as far as to jump off cliffs into water to recreate the feeling of flight that most other Sparoks considered daily life.

She stopped at the edge of the water, small waves lapping at the land. It seemed as if the sea was jealous of the land, inviting people to enjoy it as they did the grass that was walked on without thought. Kara was almost hypnotized by the water, feeling some sort of relationship with it. She dipped the tip of her tail into the water, taking a step back with a shiver. It was absolutely freezing. The Sparok had gone to the north side of the sea, and seeing as it was winter, the water’s temperature was an icy 36°F. Ice was floating nearby, and Kara cringed slightly. “It’s all part of the experience,” She muttered to herself, taking a deep breath.

She took a few steps backward, she took another deep breath before quickly running at the water, screaming a ‘war cry’. Her shouts were immediately silenced as she fell into the water. She felt frozen, unable to speak or even move. Her teeth chattered and she appeared to be vibrating due to the shivering. Her breathing was quick and shallow, but she soon calmed down. Her thick fur allowed some sort of protection against the cold, so she felt extremely fortunate at the moment.

Deciding to go a bit further, she held her breath and went under. She opened her eyes, the darkness of the sea blocking out her vision. It was so cold that Kara had to resurface before too long to breathe again, but it was certainly an experience she would never forget. This sparked a newfound love for not only more dare-devil experiences, but water itself. She felt it knew how she felt, often being rejected, polluted, and lonely, not being able to relate at all with the land.
421/600

queen of the sea wrote:Image
Last edited by SoupPupped on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uunicorn » Sun May 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Not entering but what a pretty babe!
Happy mer (may) everyone!
uunicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby primcval » Sun May 28, 2017 4:02 am

username; sassy,
    Sparok name; Siren
    Sparok gender; female
    story;
    Siren blinked. She'd been told the water was the most important component of her ancestry, but she couldn't believe the murky depths before her had ever been swam in. She dipped a paw into the water reluctantly, shivering as the sludge enveloped it. "And you're sure about this?" she asked herself. Of course she was sure about it, but it had seemed so much more appealing before she'd seen this was what it looked like. Water. The word sounded like something she shouldn't be standing in, but here she was, wading through the dirty liquid without a second thought. Well, this isn't that bad. Siren thought. But I don't want to get my hair in it.. She begrudgingly sank deeper into the water, surprised by how well she could see underwater. She swam for hours, never thinking why she didn't have to come up for breath, and not noticing how her tail wings and ears were slowly changing to represent ears, or the weird sensation she felt on her neck. Siren was too occupied gaping at the sights to be seen underneath the water, and she soon became as waterborne as the exotic fish around her. She never did come out of that lake, too ashamed of what she'd become. Or perhaps she never noticed, doomed to be distracted by the 'wonders' of the water until the end of her days. She should've listened to what the elders told her about that lake. After all, ignorance is bliss.
primcval

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiniferal » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Username: Lucid Dreams
Sparok name: Yokahala
Story: I am Yokahala... Yoka for short. Awhile ago it felt like a miracle happened, it was almost... impossible. I was never let around water by my parents, perhaps they feared I'd drown. Never taught how to swim, or why other people could do it but not me, I was determined to find out their reasons. So when they weren't paying attention, I snuck out of the den and began to find a clean body of water. I stumbled upon a spring, the cleanest water you can find. I waddled in and it felt like a boulder had been lifted off my shoulders, it was so refreshing to get my fur wet... not to mention you could drink the water too. I dived in, and it felt so natural to swim, like I was meant to be there. Moments later cops arrived with my parents crying, they rushed to me. It turns out my room had caught on fire and they couldn't open the door, so they called the cops and ambulance. If I had stayed in my room any longer I would have died, they told me. They had minor injuries, from the fire spreading and their desperate attempts. I promised I wouldn't sneak out anymore, and they promised that they wouldn't hide anything from me. We both knew we were lying though. My love for water saved my life, and made it worse. I am wanted and on the run as of right now, and I am wanted for swimming in water that shouldn't be swam in, and tackling my way out of the cops. (266 words)
(ART IS WIP)
hey
spiniferal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Username: Echofire9
Sparok name: coral
Sparok Gender: female
Story: coral lived by the water her whole life and was a great swimmer. She always loved the brightly colored fish the waves.
╔═════════════════════════╗
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
❈ grey // she/they// pms open ❈
my TH | listening to this song on repeat

╚═════════════════════════╝
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups