#25: The Cackling Raven (CLOSED, Winner announced p.2) by H0ND4

Based on Click to view
Artist H0ND4 [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#25: The Cackling Raven (CLOSED, Winner announced p.2)

Postby H0ND4 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:30 pm

So all my adopts will be done in SAI rather then chickenpaint cause I reeeeeally don't like the tiny canvas.

This dude's mask does not come off as if its a part of their body, and they're definitely not alive. Their mask rattles when they speak or laugh, and boy howdy do they laugh a lot. Are they a plague doctor? A witch of some sort? Maybe even the embodiment of a murder of crows, who knows?
That's for you to decide.

The due date will be May 25th, a month from now

This guy is finally closed for judging! Thank you all for submitting your forms, I'll be with you with the results after some deliberating over the forms.

The winner has been announced on page 2!
Last edited by H0ND4 on Fri May 26, 2017 3:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
H0ND4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #25: The Cackling Raven

Postby Alihorse » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Name: Xias
Personality: Helping, caring, and humorous
What kind of Spirit are they and why?: Xias looks like a plague doctor but in reality he is only a childcare doctor. Many patients were scared of him until they finally met him. He is a caring spirit who easily will give you a hand, whether you need it or not. He has a profession in child health like said earlier due to his experiences as a father. He had a son while in college and took all precautions to keep him healthy and alive. When his son got anemic problems, he didn't have the money to help. His son was taken away to a hospital without him and then was taken away by child care due to the wrong medical files. He fears to never see his son again but until recently he was contacted saying he was alive
Art: (Optional)
YaaaAAASSSS
Res
Last edited by Alihorse on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alihorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OwO hewwwo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:39 am

Name: ikto (ik fo short)
Pronounce: They/Them/It
Voice: Yakko

Personality:
ikto is an extremely playful spirit, always looking for new ways to gain a good laugh, even if the laugh is a little one-sided. if you can make him laugh and his dropping by worth it, he'll help you in what ever you ask of him. however, don't let this comical and helpful demeanor fool you. ikto is clever, and his confusing language can drive you to madness if spoken correctly, if he so chooses. the same rule applies if you fail to make him laugh or make him angry. he is a spirit after all.

if angered, you can expect nothing less of a lifetime of suffering. ik has 3 known curses and 1 unknown.
the first is The Curse Of Insanity: using his witts along with his playful nature, he'll tell you tales, riddles, and all kinds of nonsense in an attempt to confuse you, leaving your mind feeling unfulfilled. this feeling of fulfillment will drive you to madness as you try and try to comprehend and fulfill what was left out.
the second is The Curse Of Death: ikto doesn't kill, but with this curse, you'd almost wish he did. wanting you to feel lost and trapped, ik removes your ability to see, hear, and speak. in rare cases, he even will remove your ability to feel anything (physically) besides slight "ticks" agents your skin every so often. this exclusion from the real world makes you feel as if you were actually dead. try to imagine this: you were walking thru the woods when out of nowhere, you cant see or hear anything. you want to call out for help of any kind, but you cant open your mouth. you try to maneuver yourself around the woods to try and get out, but you fail. you give up. your lost, alone, and scared; for the rest of your life.

What kind of Spirit are they and why?:
ikto is the spirit of confusion. when ever you encounter him and attempt a conversation, he will speak in a certain way that makes no sense, resulting in your confusion. ik always finds it funny to watch as you try to comprehend what he just said. it's not impossible to become his friend, however. if you can out confuse him, make him laugh and laugh along, or generally find his company pleasant, he'll, to, find you company pleasant and wish to be around you more. once you pass this, "test", he'll invite you to his hut and show you all of his cool nik-naks. (he really likes to show them off. he's lonely. :')) despite being a spirit, ik loves to play with magic and spells. most of his work is inspired by shamans and other natural magic workers around his area.
Last edited by OwO hewwwo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OwO hewwwo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 am

Name: Ico
Personality: Ico may look pretty spooky, but he has a heart of gold! He enjoys playing harmless pranks on others - the raven in him! - and collects shiny things. After collecting a large mass of glimmering treasure, he usually takes it and leaves it in the doorsteps of humans he particularly likes. A kind spirit, Ico also likes to aid in gardening and is especially fond of helping out the elderly. As much as he loves humans and the mortal world, however, he chooses to never reveal himself to anyone. He likes to keep all the pranks, shiny objects, and garden assistance fairly anonymous (although the residents of his town notice and now leave out fruit for him to eat) (he can't eat it, but he's always very appreciative of it).
What kind of Spirit are they and why?: Despite what looks like bloodstains, Ico is actually a flower Spirit. He's the one who makes the flowers bloom, and he's also the one who decides their color!
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steamplonk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am

mark!!
quittin'
blease don't msg me asking for stuff
tysm
steamplonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coziest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:13 am

name // voodoo
gender // male
personality // selfish, cold-hearted, merciless. enjoys seeing others deeply upset.
what spirit + why // witch doctor, raised being taught the ways of a witch doctor, tried stealing from a very powerful witch doctor and were cursed with an evil heart and dark thoughts. dead but takes on living form, no longer heals people but hurts them. often practices voodoo.
art // wip
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
──────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kd ✧ she/her
friendly neighborhood loser

an angela plum
goatlings

slowly quitting cs...
all pets/items uft for art
of my characters here!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
──────────────────────
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
coziest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastel-burnt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Name:

Isra

--

Male in a past life, nowadays doesn't much care about gender as it doesn't affect them.

--

Personality:

Cold, manipulative, petty, cruel, and meanspirited. Isra is highly charismatic, common amongst spirits, which enables it to gain the trust of less skeptical or stoic humans. It is capricious, and quick to become malicious when they feel the least bit slighted, although they never show it until it's too late. While it preys mostly on the lost, desperate, or afraid, it has no fear of less vulnerable humans, provided they don't possess obsidian weapons/holy ash or water.

--

Isra is a subcategory of ghost known as a Voided or Lost Spirit. They are the ghosts of people who were not very nice during their lives and subsequently in death often are tied to the earth by the very sins they committed. Voided/Lost spirits are responsible for most injuries or deaths of people via ghosts, and do so for the following reasons: The death/injury committed is relevant to their death/the sins they did in life (Which is usually intertwined), they gain energy/power from a violent death caused by them, and because it occupies the forefront of their minds since they have eternity to dwell on their deaths.

In life Isra was an impish and mischievous boy who liked to play pranks that went too far. As he got older they continued to escalate, until eventually it went from hurt feelings/property damage>injuries & arson>to actual deaths. In his final years of pranks, he would lure people into the dense forests surrounding his home, donning a mask and cloak that resembled the ravens he admired so much with a lamp until they perished, hopelessly lost. Isra refused to feel any guilt or take any responsibility for the twisted things he took pleasure in, and was eventually caught in his small town in the act after years of suspicion regarding people's disappearances. (Including his own father's.) He was brought to court and quickly sentenced to death for his crimes. Isra was hung that very day in front of the forest he loved to lure his victims in, and in his last words he swore he'd come back. A flock of ravens perched on the gallows and refused to be shooed away when he died, with strangely gleaming eyes and odd cries that sounded like hoarse laughter. They followed the bodies' procession, and never left it even when Isra was buried with a single crudely carved stone to mark his grave. On the 13th day the ravens flew away, leaving a pile of mangy shed feathers. They coalesced in a cloud of smog, and Isra's spirit separated from his body, tied to the woods permanently.

Nowadays, Isra possesses the power to become invisible in the shadows, teleport in the shadows, generate orbs of light, and generate hallucinations in the forest of endless branches and odd noises. When Isra teleports he often leaves raven feathers behind that do not gleam even under strong light, and bring bad luck to the beholder. He cannot be in direct sunlight, nor can he enter the town, only his home, since the villagers are superstitious and have protections placed. He is weakest with his powers in the daytime (Specifically mid-day) but strongest at night, especially when the moon wanes. Weakness during the daytime is cancelled out when there is a solar eclipse or heavy rainstorms, and villagers generally stay inside during those times as Isra becomes extra bold. Showing kindness to ravens and crows will pacify him only slightly, and grants you a tiny chance to live should you encounter him. On the other hand, if you kill a raven, his revenge by your death will be drawn out, brutal, and painful.

(This writing got longer than I thought it would RIP)

--

Musical Playlist

Pokemon Soulsilver/Heartgold- Burned Tower

Rakshasa & Carcasses (Possible epilepsy warning?)

OFF- Not Safe

Severed- Death

Samurai Jack- Aku's Theme

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby- Mt.Pyre

Art:

Additional sketches showing concepts

Image[/center]
Last edited by Pastel-burnt on Thu May 25, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
”Hence nothing remains except for our regrets.”
Pastel-burnt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 am

Name:
Sanada Crowe
Speculated to be female, but no one really knows.
Personality:
Sanada is a pretty lost-minded individual who laughs at seemingly everything, funny or not.
Sanada is a deviously cunning yet reckless spirit.

Wip!!
KarKat Vantas ♋

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CCtheSylveon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:06 am

Name: Corvus (a Latin form of Raven)
Personality: Mischevious, helpful, clever, but sometimes seems like he's constantly on the verge of a mental breakdown.
What kind of Spirit are they and why?: A spirit guide. Unlike most spirit guides, Corvus stays with the person he is guiding until the very end of their adventure, giving help when needed and willing to lighten the mood. However, in life, he killed 3 men for his lover, and was promptly hanged.

this is the song i based a lot of this off of
Last edited by CCtheSylveon on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
cc | she/her | i am just a silly little jester | credit
i have autism, please use tone tags with me!
CCtheSylveon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby princess » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:30 am

credit for pixels too Picandou
  • Name:
    Kino Rakete.

• Personality:
    Kino is a sweet, kind and grandparently spirit, even if the are younger. Always there to help and give a shoulder to someone who needs it, and full of bad jokes. Though Kino is very kind, they do have a sterner side when it comes to people doing stupid and/or reckless behaviors.

• What kind of Spirit are they and why?:
    Kino is actually ment to a malicious spirit-though there currently the spirit of laughter and parental love-, though they don't have a unfriendly bone in there body. back when they were alive, Kino was under the service of a bad man, given the role of Plague doctor to treat the man's troops. After refusing to heal anyone due to being to weak themself, the bad man had gotten rid of Kino. Many, many years later, Kino was summoned by a long distance relative of the bad man. Not having any freedom after being summoned, Kino was forced to do the bidding of the relative for many, many years. After the relative had passed, Kino was finally free. Kino, feeling horrible for all they had done under orders started to hang around hospitals- making people smile and laugh with there quirky humor and bad puns.

• Art: sketch!
I LOVE THIS BAB SO MUCH OMG WHOEVER GETS HIM 100% WILL PROBABLY GET GIFT ART AHAImage
keep buying stars!
♡ : niki / doe / rose ! (♡´◡` 人´◡ˋ ♡)
⌒⌒⌒⠀ ⠀legal⠀ ⠀&⠀⠀they / she / he +
trade thread.⠀⠀offsite thread.⠀⠀carrd.
Image⠀⠀Image
you bought a star in the sky tonight !

& in your manmade dark, the light ..
princess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery