Artist dragoncool97 [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Adoption #107 - Meddled.

Postby dragoncool97 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:09 am

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|| Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors || Website ||
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt #107 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

Code: Select all
Username:
L.O.C. Name:
Element: Earth
Personality:
Art/Story:
Extras:

I want this lion to have a relationship (of any kind) with an already existing lion (at least one). Please show effort in describing their relationship but also have fun with it! :D
Last edited by dragoncool97 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoption #107 - Open for Forms!

Postby NARANDA » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:47 am

Dropping, decided to go with another LOC.
Last edited by NARANDA on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:49 pm

username; bat-ty
lion name; Wurdi
gender; Male
element; Earth
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
    Wurdi's History

xxxxxxxxThe sands I can conjure are finer than Ethereal's. I thought my elemental power was useless for most of my cubhood, but as the trainers taught me, it does serve well to distract and mesmerize. As I've grown, I learned to hone the ability to shape it into distinct forms. Over the span of several centuries, I came to manipulate it for use only as a storytelling tool.
xxxxxxxxMy name is Wurdi. It comes from Earth, or so I have been told. It is a different name than I was born with and I wish to never disclose my former name.

xxxxxxxxMy mother and father wanted me to serve in battle. As their only male cub, I held the title of the eldest son and they expected a lot from me, to the point of being oppressive and overbearing. The trainers understood my desire not to enter the fray and decided to teach me other skills without my parents' knowledge. They taught me how to shape my sands into small lion figures and let them move as puppets, seemingly of their own volition. When my parents tried to stop by and monitor my progress, I would pretend to use this skill for combat, slinging sand balls in the eyes of the training dummies. My parents have since gone to the Lake of Eternity, casualties of battle.

xxxxxxxxSometimes I look back on what I've become and how I've gotten here. I know that I could defend myself if it came to that, but I can't bring myself to put a claw against the rebels, no matter how hard I try. I know that could be me one day, fighting for a cause I no longer believe in. Fighting only to serve those ranked above me. Fighting just for the hell of fighting, or worse, for the thrill of killing. In my time with the pride, I have seen many things transpire that have cemented my opinion on conflict and I remain strongly entrenched against it. As for my age? I am approximately 400 years old, enough to have seen and experience the time that lions returned from Earth.

Wurdi's Relationship

I find it bizarre that my closest friend, Sephara, lost her parents to conflict as well and yet came to the complete opposing opinion of entering battle. When she first returned with Pride members to Earth, she was distant and afraid of what might come. I tried to help her, striking up conversation at every meal we shared. I learned of her resolution through the years: she considers it her solemn duty to play a part in taking down the rebels, even if it is as support. She wishes to avenge the loss of her parents by their maw.

Since she isn't on the battlefront in every battle, she makes time to support my performances for the pride. I find it easiest to train my eyes on her when I perform, losing focus on all else. Her silent encouragement motivates me whenever I feel my voice or my element begin to falter. When she is not amongst the crowd of observers, I describe my last performance to her on her return. Having attended many of my performances, she is able to provide me critique and guidance. She may not be a performer herself, trained to memorize the lore of our kind in all its detail, but she knows how to whittle away at my skill, helping me to hone my craft.

In return for her kindness and assistance, I offer a listening ear, willing to absorb her complaints and happinesses all the same. If she wishes for advice, I attempt to give it. If she is distraught, my shoulder is present for her tears.

If I could sum my personality up in five facets, these would be the aspects of myself I find most distinct.

Pacifist / Nonviolent / Passive

xxxxxxxxI am starkly against fighting others, in both my personal life and for the cause of others. While many have attempted to guilt me into conflict or shame me for being a performer, rather than a warrior, I stand against their words and do what I do for the sake of the Pride and for my own best interests. Whenever I find myself in personal arguments or combat, I would rather deflect and avoid the conflict from dragging out. I won't hesitate to defend myself, but I do not start fights and I would rather flee one than finish it myself.

Escapist / Avoidant / Evasive

xxxxxxxxAfter a performance, I tend to avoid the crowd, thanking them and ducking out as quickly as possible. Large crowds are one of my greatest fears and as a result, I have become notoriously known for avoiding more than a group of 2 people, for the sake of my own wellbeing. Any friendships I form are incidental and the result of someone taking the time to pay attention to me more than I do them. I tend to duck out whenever possible, but if their efforts are genuine and I can tell that they have taken an interest in me, I try to repay the favor. I can't say that I'm the best conversationalist, although I am pretty good at memorizing scripts and improvising when necessary.

Charming / Captivating / Felicific

xxxxxxxxI think this trait comes from my performances. I've trained my vocabulary and manner of speech for the art of storytelling. I try to bring joy and entertainment to those around me when I perform. My conversational tone is kind of stale, I guess, but better than nothing... I prefer to entertain cubs over adults, as they're so easily entertained, but everyone deserves to take their mind off the thralls of combat once in a while. Every now and then, I try to recall a story from my childhood, but I'm brought to remember the past, which is not always as joyful as my stories ought to be.

Creative / Imaginative / Innovative

xxxxxxxxA lot of the storytelling I do involves the past of the Pride, as memorizing important history was a part of my teaching. The rest is simply stories I invent with my own characters, similar to what I have heard called "Punch and Judy". Physical humor is amusing to many of the younger lions, although some adult lions find it comical as well. Outside of my storytelling and performances, I consider myself innovative when it comes to broader solutions. Finding a fix to a problem is normally easy for me, thinking outside of the conventions of the uses of things tends to help on a grander-scale.

Skeptical / Doubter / Questioning

xxxxxxxxI find it difficult to believe anyone or that anything is true until I have found absolute proof. I tend to ask a lot of questions and remember what people have said, so I've become notorious for calling out liars, even if the lie was small or a result of an inconsistency in someone's story. I can tell one story five ways, but it always means the same thing... When someone changes their story five ways and tries to pawn it off as one, then I know I cannot trust them.

Last edited by ophanimera on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:19 am

basics wrote:Username: Meddled.
L.O.C. Name: Beauregard
Nickname: Beau
Element: Earth

Mother: Ambrosia
Crush: Raven
Best friends: Adamos, Asfana
WENT TO THE OASIS

Personality wrote:Understanding|trustworthy|Charming
Beau is a very understanding guy. He is willing to listen to anyone that needs it, and is quick to understand instructions and lions who are more gruff and closed off. He's drawn to those who are harder to figure out for most lions, which helps him form deeper relationships. He deeply enjoys learning about others, and he really likes to be able to know what is going on in another's life. He wants others to know he is a shoulder to lean on, and is happy to be able to give others a support.
Loyal|Puts others before himself|Protective
Beau is actually battle shy, but keeps fighting for his pride, his friends, and his alpha. If he were to have to do something by himself, he would have trouble not running away from the conflict. He is a tank because he prefers that the damage be taken to him if he can help it. He knows it's a little contradictory, but he would rather protect his friends.
Trusts easily|Loves deep|naive
Beau is easy to manipulate, and easy to hurt when he is. He has had friendships with manipulative lions, and it can haunt him sometimes, the things that have become of it. He feels a deep loss when a friend is lost, whether to the war or to him.
Artistic|Creative|Social
One of the things Beau does when off-duty is help the artisans with carving the arches over new dens. He likes doing it because he is not only good at it, but he can talk to other earth elementals and strengthen his element. It is relaxing and meditative for him to work on detail in the smaller parts.

THE BELOW INFO IS NO LONGER CANON WHEN IT COMES TO ESH-BAN, BUT SHOWS HIS PERSONALITY!

Relationship wrote:This is my friend Esh-Ban

Esh-Ban and I are brothers. No blood relates us, but we know each other deeply as only siblings do. We met as children, as our mothers were partners in war. The young cub and I understood each other even though we couldn't yet speak. Our parents encouraged us to bond, and we spent many nights as cubs exploring our new world together. When he and I began to learn the language of adult lions, we practiced naming objects as we wandered the caves. He would tease me if I got one wrong, and I'd tackle him when he laughed. We'd both end up laughing by the end of teh day and settle into our beds side by side.

When training began, we often sparred against one another. It became obvious quickly that I landed on top more often than not, and he began to find ways to let me think I was winning before coming back in and flipping me to the ground. By the time we reached age 60, he and I could fight for ages without a winner.

We began our official training with other cubs soon after, entering the room with wide eyes and taking our training armor. His didn't quite fit him, as he was a tall and skinny, and mine was too tight around my shoulders. Our trainer introduced herself, but I wasn't listening. I still don't remember her name, even after all these years. Esh-Ban always knew but stopped trying to get me to remember after a long time. I remember she used to pair me and Esh-Ban as partners after too many practice battles she couldn't end. Him and I could find each other in complete darkness, or surrounded by sound. The first time she partnered us, he protested. He liked winning against me. He, of course, didn't say that, but I bumped my hip into him to tell him I knew what he was doing. He stuck his tongue out and pushed my face lovingly to the side. Our teacher took this the wrong way and glared at us. I flashed her a Big Beau Smile ad she went back to pairing the rest of the class. When she finally assigned another team to battle us, we began and ended with the upper hand. Pleased with herself, the teacher continued to encourage us to work off each other's strengths rather than exploit our weaknesses. We grew even closer, not even needing to use audio cues to fight together. We fell into clear roles throughout our training, and by the time we were ready to grow up, we were never apart.

One night, as he and I lay under the stars discussing the day's training, a patrol came back from the front lines. They looked defeated, grave. I remember how one of them was on the brink of collapse. They stumbled into the cave and towards the alpha's den. Esh-ban stood up and followed them, and without thinking, I did too. As we entered the cave and sat in the sidelines, out of immediate sight, we heard the lions speak.
"Reports on today's deaths", one of them began. He dropped a series of items on the floor. "My partners in battle are both fallen." The first thing my eyes settled on in the pile was a ring. Esh-Ban beside me was the first to notice, and had already sprung up and barreled toward the gathered lions. Frightened, I felt glued to my spot. I watched in slow motion as he threw himself into the closest lion, wriggled between her legs, and wrapped his whole body around the ring.
In the confusion, the lion who spoke bent down and pulled the cub into his forelegs. "Come on, Esh-Ban," he said. Esh screamed at him, and wouldn't allow him to move him until he had safely secured the ring between his forelegs. The lion picked up the small cub and began to carry him out of the cave.
In a daze, I followed. The ring, I knew, was Esh-ban's father's. I also knew the lion carrying him was the lion that was supposed to protect him, the tank in their team. It took me a bit longer to realize what Esh had connected so easily.
When the lion had set Esh down in my cave, softly grooming his fur as he clung, traumatized, to the last bit of his father he had left. I laid down beside him and put my head in his fur, trying my best to console him.

Esh's eyes looked up into the eyes of the lion that had brought him here. They ere filled with every flame that his element possessed as he growled. "You were supposed to protect them. They're DEAD because of YOU! My mother and father are DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!" I carefully placed a paw over him and pulled him closer as the lion backed out of the cave, clearly in a similar state.
I hugged Esh closer as he cried.

The next day was taken off for him to grieve, but when he returned, he seemed off. He was more impulsive, but he fought harder and was more aware. As I had been trained, I placed myself between him and most of the danger. He seemed grateful.

He was grieving for about a month before he returned. I made sure to give him time when he needed it, and until he found a new caretaker, he stayed with me. He never let go of his ring. He would bring it to practice and drag it with him when we would play.
We became even closer in his time. Sometimes the ring he had pilfered was entrusted with me, and I protected it as he would. He would jokingly tell me he should just have me as the protector of it. I would laugh and dust it off as if polishing it.

As we neared the day we would grow up and gt our own armor, I confided to him that I was nervous we would get pride manes. He smiled and rolled his ring back and forth. He said, "I want to do this ring justice. Either way, I will show my parents the end of this war. Through peace or through bloodshed."
I had no idea what to say to that.

We hugged when we both saw our new warrior's manes. When we received our armor, we designed them together. We stepped onto our first battlefield together.

I immediately wanted to turn back, but Esh-Ban had a steely, determined gaze as he scanned the battlefield below. Although I never admitted it to him, my first sight of the war ended my want to be a part of it. It scared me to know the chaos below was what I was about to enter, but it seemed to fuel him. My hesitance was overshadowed by my need to protect him, so I pressed my head to his and started forward to make a path to victory.
He fought long and hard that day. I protected him as best I could, and when we went home for the day, he made sure to thank me. He went to bed early, clutching his ring to his chest.

We fight side by side. If anything ever happened to him, I would be sure to end this war in his favor.
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoncool97 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Closes July 10
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoncool97 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 am

This contest is now closed for judging
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoption #107 - Closed

Postby dragoncool97 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:37 pm

I know its been a while but I have finally decided the winner! A big congratulations to Meddled.!! You really did well with the main objective of this adopt, being that he had to have any sort of relationship with another lion. You did very well in incorporating his personality in the descriptions of his relationship with Esh-ban and made a well developed character.

Bat-ty your form was very good as well, however, the deciding factor was that his element sounded less like that of earth and more like the power over sand. Other than that your form was good and I wish you luck on future adopts :)

Congrats to you both once again.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoption #107 - Meddled.

Postby ophanimera » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Congrats, Meddled!
Guess it shows how new I am to the species LOL

I should probably familiarize myself with the lore and what exactly an element controls a lot more before I try out for any more adopts. xvx'' At least that way I won't make any more mistakes on that end.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoncool97 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:29 pm

A good place to go is the LOC info site. It has a whole page dedicated to what each element does :) , link: http://starrysloc.weebly.com
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:47 am

Aaaaaaa thank you so much, I can't believe I forgot to post! I will take good care of him! :D

May I also be added, please?
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me