Postby Flowerlily » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:02 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxx

ah-kah-ne
From Japanese 茜 (akane) meaning "deep red, dye from the rubia plant"

xxxxx USERNAME⋮⋮ FLOWERLILY135
xxxxx GENDER⋮⋮ FEMALE
xxxxx MASK⋮⋮ -->

xxxxx Akane is a simple girl from a small farm village. The people there aren't very well off monetarily, but they get by and live peacefully. Sadly, peace never seems to last and the village was attacked and pillaged repeatedly by raiders, thieves, and other crooks. Wanting to help, but not knowing how, Akane prayed and prayed. She prayed to anything that was listening -- anyone, anyone that could help, even a little. Until one evening as she was finshing her chores for the day, she heard a voice calling to her.

xxxxx "Akane"

xxxxx She looked up at the unfamiliar voice that seemed to echo all around her.

xxxxx "Akane, follow my voice."

xxxxx Suddenly, she seemed to be drawn to the path leading to the forest. Akane knew, however, trusting blindly may get her into all kinds of trouble, so she called out: "Who are you? Show yourself."

xxxxx A puff of smoke that seemed to glow ever so slightly appeared before the forest path.

xxxxx "I am the help you called for."

xxxxx Dazed slightly by the sight before her, she set down what she was holding and followed the puff of smoke in a slight trance.

xxxxx "How are you going to help us?" Akane questioned.

xxxxx "I am going to give you the tools to help yourself."

xxxxx Slightly confused, Akane continued to follow the smoke in silence until they came upon a small shrine. When Akane's eyes drifted across the shrine, she felt herself waking out of her trance, and she glanced around her to get her bearings.

xxxxx "Be calm, we are here," The voice in the smoke said, hovering toward the shrine and disappearing into the box-like center of the shrine. A clicking sound like a key in a lock was heard and a little door opened to reveal a painted wooden mask that had been hidden inside.

xxxxx "Beautiful," Akane said admiringly.

xxxxx "Take the mask, help your village," the voice echoed around her.

xxxxx "What will the mask do?" She questioned.

xxxxx "The mask will enable you to turn into a kalon of great physical strength."

xxxxx "A kalon..." Akane mused. Her village respected kalons greatly, they knew that kalons are intelligent creatures, some smaller ones even lived in the village and helped with the farming. Larger kalons are regarded somewhat as deities of nature or gods on earth.

xxxxx Akane, transfixed by the concept, reached for the mask. She picked it up and held it a small distance from her with both hands and gazed into the eye slots in the mask.

xxxxx Suddenly, there was a feeling of discomfort all over her body and then an intense burning sensation on her arms and legs, letting
out a small cry and removing one hand from the mask, she pulled at the neck of her yukata to look at her shoulder. There were intricate patterns of curves burning into her skin, leaving a slight coloration to the raised skin. Akane's eyes widened at the sight. A small sacrifice for the safety of the village, besides, it does look a bit nice, she thought, taking a deep breath and readjusting her yukata.

xxxxx "Okay," She exhaled and tucked some stray hairs behind her ear, but she paused and felt her ears questioningly. They were now pointed at the tips! Akane's gaze drifted to the mask once again. What amazing power it must hold.

xxxxx Carefully, Akane turned the mask over in preparation to put in on. Her breath became uneven and she shook ever so slightly, nervous to put the mask on. Akane closed her eyes. For the village, she reminded herself and raised the mask to her face and held it there. Opening her eyes, she saw smoke encircling her. A calmness washed over Akane and she bent over to rest on all fours. The smoke cleared and she looked around her and was surprised by the fact that even though she never tied the strings of the mask, it felt as though it was still in front of her.

xxxxx Akane raised her hand to touch the mask and saw a... paw? A swift realization came to her and she looked at herself. Her body was no longer humanoid, but instead that of a large, lithe feline. Akane glanced back and saw her... tail... and noticed her lucky hair charm was near the base of it, glinting in the moonlight. She jumped around with the glee of a child, How is this even possible? Akane then thought it best not to question this generous gift.

xxxxx "Thank you!" She called out, hoping the smoke entity that had brought her to the mask could hear her gratitude.

xxxxx Knowing she had to get back to the village, lest her parents worry about her disappearance. Okay, how do I change back? Worry filled Akane's body, What if I can't? She took a deep breath, It will all be fine, I'll just do what I did to go into this form originally... perhaps?

xxxxx Akane carefully pushed up with her front paws and balanced gingerly on her hind legs. Closing her eyes, she brought one of her front paws to her face. Opening her eyes again, she was happy to see the same smoke once again. When the smoke finally cleared, she felt the weight of the mask on her hand and face. Removing it from her face and then taking the strings on the sides of the mask, Akane tied the mask to her obi. In doing so, she noticed she was no longer wearing her simple yukata, but a luxurious kimono with similar coloring to the kalon form she had just assumed. Akane stroked the fabric of her sleeve, the pattern of the kimono was stunning and elegant. Fans of red and gold danced on a background of black. She shook her head, I can admire it further when I get back home.

xxxxx Excited to show her parent and protect the ones she loves, she briskly walked out of the forest along a simple path all the way home.

It is in my nature to be kindgentle, and loving...
BUT KNOW THIS:
When it comes to my Friends, my Family, and my Heart...
DO NOT TRIFLE WITH ME
For I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you
WILL EVER KNOW
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██