Artist The Royal Mirage [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valentine Katkin #3

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:31 am

FEATURES

Large Ears - Narrow Eyes - Extra Whiskers - Fluffy Tail

Please read the main thread before adopting!

With so much love and affection going around, one must be wary of the green eyed monster - jealousy can be a tough emotion to deal with, especially for this Katkin and their partner. This Valentines day, a few Katkin couples will be released through the event and given out through partnered competitions - these Katkins will not count towards your ownership limit! So grab a friend and get creative this Valentines day :)

To win this Katkin and their partner, team up with another user for this cooperative competition. Each one will have different form criteria, which will require the two of you to work together brainstorming and creating. For this Katkin, I want to know what brings out their jealous side. Does their partner have a new friend, do they not spend enough time together, how do they deal with these emotions? You can be as vague or specific as you'd like, though more details will give you and your partner a greater chance of winning. Extras are allowed and will also increase your chances.

Closes for judging on February 25th

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Teammate's Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Career Path:[/b] (see main thread)
[b]What makes them jealous?:[/b]
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a Slow Burn

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:33 am

Competitor's Info wrote:Username: -WillowKist
Teammate's Username: Rohan.
Katkin's Basics wrote:Name: Slaone (s-loan)
Career Path: wrote:Education & Katkinities
There have been few things Slaone is passionate about, but learning about the past and history of Katkin kind and their world has always been near the top of his list. As a child he used to dig in his yard and declare any finding he made as historical. Even if they were just old toys that had been forgotten and buried. He would read books upon books that had been written on ancient civilizations and educate himself and others whenever the chance arose.
When time came for him to choose his career path, there was no doubt as to in which direction he would choose. Slaone would continue to work hard and continue to learn so that he could pass his knowledge on to the students he knew he would have in the future. Not that he ever said he would go easy on them.

What makes them jealous? wrote:There is not much that elicits an emotional response from Slaone, let alone one of jealousy.  While he can be envious of things others typically covet, such as promotions and possessions, the most sure-fire way to get a response from him is to show any form of affection toward his girlfriend, Qetsiyah.  Family is omitted from smoldering jealousy.  All others are fair game.
As the kind of Kat to hold his tongue and bottle his emotions, it is not an instant reaction.  Instead he chooses to sit back and watch, allowing his jealousy and frustrations to build up.  He tries not to be overbearing and give Qet her space, but he cannot help but feel as though he needs to act when someone is spending more time with her than they should be.  Especially if the other Kat's actions seem to be in a more romantic direction.
He will watch and observe, allowing interactions to go on for weeks or even months before choosing to approach said KatKin with his accusations.  Now, Slaone is not a man of violence or explosive expressions of anger.  He is a man of words, keeping his tone cool and low with a promised threat hidden in the undertone.  Qetsiyah is his flower, and he's not willing to share her beauty with those seeking to take her from him.
Jealousy is something he tries not to let consume him.  He knows that she has her friends and that new friends will join her life.  He practices 'letting go' to avoid feeling jealous when she is spending time with her loved ones rather than him.  It is inevitable that he will feel some sense of jealousy, though, whenever someone new comes into her life.  Especially toward those who seem to get more of her attention or affection.
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valentine Katkin #3

Postby The Royal Mirage » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 am

This contest ends in 4 days - be sure that you and your partner have your forms done by then!
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Username: waffle02
Teammate's Username: LadyChinaAru
Name: Caelum
Name of a constellation; Latin for "chisel" and "the heavens
Career Path: Corps
Relationship:
Caelum and Miu have been best friends since kithood. They always played games together and had adventures in their yards. Even to this day they are practically inseparable, even working near each other in their careers. Caelum works in the Corps and hopes someday to become a tactician, but for now he does what he can to keep Katkins safe, while Miu works in Healthcare and tends to treat Corps soldiers in the mewlitary, meaning they are always near.
What makes them jealous?:
Caelum hates to admit it, but he tends to get very jealous of Miu and extremely protective of her. Considering she is such an open and talkative Katkin, she easily makes friends wherever she goes. Due to his closed off nature and often unapproachable demeanor, Caelum has very few friends other than Miu. This causes Caelum to be possesive of her, not wanting her to leave him behind. Anytime he sees Miu working on other mewlitary members in his group he tends to have to storm off and cooldown to keep himself from reacting to his jealousy. He wishes he wasn't jealous and he hates being so protective, but he is just really scared of losing Miu to other Katkins who are more bubbly and sweet than him.
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: a Slow Burn

Postby The Royal Mirage » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:00 am

-WillowKist wrote:
Competitor's Info wrote:Username: -WillowKist
Teammate's Username: Rohan.
Katkin's Basics wrote:Name: Slaone (s-loan)
Career Path: wrote:Education & Katkinities
There have been few things Slaone is passionate about, but learning about the past and history of Katkin kind and their world has always been near the top of his list. As a child he used to dig in his yard and declare any finding he made as historical. Even if they were just old toys that had been forgotten and buried. He would read books upon books that had been written on ancient civilizations and educate himself and others whenever the chance arose.
When time came for him to choose his career path, there was no doubt as to in which direction he would choose. Slaone would continue to work hard and continue to learn so that he could pass his knowledge on to the students he knew he would have in the future. Not that he ever said he would go easy on them.

What makes them jealous? wrote:There is not much that elicits an emotional response from Slaone, let alone one of jealousy.  While he can be envious of things others typically covet, such as promotions and possessions, the most sure-fire way to get a response from him is to show any form of affection toward his girlfriend, Qetsiyah.  Family is omitted from smoldering jealousy.  All others are fair game.
As the kind of Kat to hold his tongue and bottle his emotions, it is not an instant reaction.  Instead he chooses to sit back and watch, allowing his jealousy and frustrations to build up.  He tries not to be overbearing and give Qet her space, but he cannot help but feel as though he needs to act when someone is spending more time with her than they should be.  Especially if the other Kat's actions seem to be in a more romantic direction.
He will watch and observe, allowing interactions to go on for weeks or even months before choosing to approach said KatKin with his accusations.  Now, Slaone is not a man of violence or explosive expressions of anger.  He is a man of words, keeping his tone cool and low with a promised threat hidden in the undertone.  Qetsiyah is his flower, and he's not willing to share her beauty with those seeking to take her from him.
Jealousy is something he tries not to let consume him.  He knows that she has her friends and that new friends will join her life.  He practices 'letting go' to avoid feeling jealous when she is spending time with her loved ones rather than him.  It is inevitable that he will feel some sense of jealousy, though, whenever someone new comes into her life.  Especially toward those who seem to get more of her attention or affection.

Congrats! So sorry for the delay!
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:22 am

Eep! Thank you so much, royal!! I will do what AI can to spoil Sloane. <33
The delay in judging really was no big deal. I understand life gets hectic. I hope things have at least calmed down for you, though!

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets