Artist The Royal Mirage [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Katkin #45

Postby The Royal Mirage » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:52 am

FEATURES

Large Ears - Narrow Eyes - Curved Whiskers - Tapered Tail

Please read the main thread before adopting!

With permission from meveh, I'm running a short, disjointed theme of Katkins based on Colour Harmonies. I've been trying to improve the quality of my designs and figured this would be a fun way to improve while also getting input from you guys! Each form for adoption will include a section for you to express what you would like to see in future Katkin designs - different patterns, edits, or animals to base them off of, you can write anything you'd like to see.

This Katkin's colour harmony is Triadic - this means that I used three colours equidistant to each other in the colour wheel (in this case blue, red, and yellow) to create their design. I really like how this one came out, so it will be a short art competition - I'd like you to draw him/her doing something they take part in on a regular basis - your art piece should be no more than a coloured sketch though! No art extras are allowed, however you may add as many written extras as you'd like. Ends February 16th

Won by TheSongOfTheStars
Last edited by The Royal Mirage on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deviantart, Flight Rising, Divided We Stand, WME Challenge
I'm not the babysitter...
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Katkin #45

Postby Catskitten » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Username:Catskitten
Name:Pirate
Career Path: Art
Art:

res with wood carving

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Name: Shoshin Rahma
Career Path: Corps
Art:
Shonshin doing her training.

Writing:
Adventure: 173 words
"Mummy, I'm going on an adventure."
The matter-of-fact statement came from beneath the table scattered with fabric remnants.
Mother Rahma smiled and set down the scissors then crouched down to look at her daughter.
"That sounds good. Where are you going to go?"
Shoshin was clutching a spoon and draped in a sheet "I'm going to the forest."
"Oh dear, that's a long way from here. We're in the middle of a desert."
"I'm going on a big adventure."
Mother smiled "Well, then, you'll need something to keep you cool. Come on out and I'll get you something."
The spoon clicked against the floor as Shosin crawled out and peeked over the table's edge "What is it?"

The scissors snipped at a swatch of sky blue fabric.
"It's a headband. You can dip it in water and it will keep you nice and cool," Mother folded the cloth and tied it around Shoshin's head.
"Now then. When are you going on this grand adventure?"
Shonshin considered her spoon with grave seriousness "After lunch."

Starting out
359 words
"Oh dear. Oh dear, are you sure you have enough food, Sho?"
"Yes, Mother," Shoshin brushed her mother's fussing hands away "I've plenty to eat."
"Oh, but I don't want you to be getting hungry out in the desert, all alone."
Shoshin laughed softly "But I won't be alone, Mother, I'll be under observation!"
"But they're not allowed to help you."
"That's what an evaluation is all about, Mother. I have to prove that I am capable of handling myself."
"Oh, you're perfectly capable of handling yourself," Mother Rahma waved her paw, then tucked up Shoshin's headband "I know that. But you can't handle yourself if you don't have anything to eat."
Shoshin took a step back, undoing the tuck "You've stuffed my packs with oatfarls and dates and my water bottle is fit to burst. I'll survive."
"Of course, of course," Mother Rahma nodded, biting her lip "I know you will Sho, this is what you've always wanted isn't it?"

Shoshin grinned, then turned to sweep her adventuring belt off the table. The pockets bulged with the prepared food.
"Ever since you first took me to watch the training when I was a little girl."
"Oh dear, it didn't matter if I had taken you or not, either way you'd never have been satisfied with a Goods Career path."
"Who knows? Smithy work always did interest me."
"But never clothes-making," Mother Rahma had the slightest hint of wistfulness in her voice as she spread aside a pile of half-finished garments.
"I never had the patience for all those stitches," Shoshin paused as she recognized the faint shine in her mother's eyes.
"I'll be alright, Mother."
Mother Rhama nodded, without turning to look at her daughter "I know you will. You're smart girl."
"Yes, but that's not my fault," Shoshin sheathed her machete, then touched her mother's shoulder "Thank you. For everything. There's no repaying you."
"Oh," The tears spilled over as Mother Rahma wrapped Shoshin in a tight hug "Do your best, my love. That's what you can do. Follow that dream you've worked so hard for. Start out and finish what you start. That's all I need."

Trials
796 words

The heat rolled off the sand into the chilling night, lending an air of comfort to Shoshin's makeshift camp.
She leaned beneath her tent, a length of canvas stretched over her walking stick and weighted down by a scoop of sand.
Her eyes where half-closed and her arms limp, giving off the appearance of drifting dangerously close to the dreamy shores of sleep. But her grip on the handle of her machete, though lose, was still coiled and prepared to slice at the slightest instance.

Any second she could be tested, sounded out for her alertness, and she would have to respond with instant decisions.
The constant vigil she forced upon herself, while fighting off sleep, lasted throughout the night, while wearing down quickly on her reserves.
The moon began to descend and while the sky went pitch black, casting the surrounding desert into a darkness like the corner of a silent storm.

Biting her lip, the pain bringing her back to a higher wakefulness, Shoshin held her bleary eyes open, expecting at any moment the attack to come.
But as the darkness began to wane and the east began to rise pale and rosy, there had been no sign of hostile intent and she was exhausted.

With fumbling fingers, she folded up the canvas tent and placed it into her backpack, gripped the walking stick in a weak hold and struck out towards the south, where the stones of passage marked her destination.

The light was thin and played tricks with her weary mind, but she still had the presence of mind to travel with her knife in one hand.
The sand clogged her steps, becoming a nuisance like never before.

She expected the attack to come while then, while she was weary and the light was still young, but as she walked out of the predawn into the blazing morning, she was still untested.

She hit along the southern road after the sun had begun its searing conquest of the sky, and the heat held heavy on her flagging senses.
A narrow wall ran along the road, holding back the shifting sands and provide a meager shade against the ruthless heavens.
Shoshin all but collapsed against its hard embrace and with took a slow draught of water from her bottle.
She'd have to wait out the long hours of heat here and hope that sleep didn't claim her.

But the inactivity partnered with the sleeplessness of the night before slowly drew her into a doze despite her admonitions.
Her mind rested, but still the agonies of wondering when her time would come held some part of her sentient and that was what saved her from total failure.

Her ears caught the slight crunch of feet in the sand and it came to her mind that danger was close at hand.
Starting awake, she clenched her machete and swung her staff, leaping to her feet.
Three bandits, their faces obscured with long swaths of cloth charged her, each bearing a long knife.

The hours and hours of training replayed automatically as she struck out, half blind at the nearest one.
He was fully alert and her wild cut missed him as he sidestepped easily.

The other two, she managed to ward away for a few seconds with her staff before they where again attacking.
But now her mind was clear and with a sharper move, she whirled around, catching one of them full in the stomach. He fell, sobbing for breath.
But her move had left her open, allowing the first one to dash in close, and press his knife against her throat.

Gasping in shock and anger, she was forced to lower her blade and staff in defeat.
She'd failed.

But even as her weapons lowered, the razor edge slipped closer to her skin, drawing blood.
Her eyes widened with a slight choking noise.
It wasn't suppose to go this far. This was just a test. A training maneuver.

A long yell sprang up from behind them and a pair of katkins, dressed in full ranger's attire charged headlong, taking the two remaining bandits by surprise.

Shoshin fell to the ground, gasping, clutching at the blood flowing out onto her chest.
"Easy girl," One of the rangers soothed, easing the young katkin upright "Easy, let me see that."
"What... what happened?"

He dabbed at the wound with a clean white cloth "There was a surprise attack, delaying us from testing you. Those bandits where for real Rahma."

"I still failed."
"Don't worry girl, you'll get a rematch."
"But-"
"Hey," he smiled kindly "It'll be alright. Those guys you just faced? Twice what we were going to put you through. You'll get a rematch and a fair one. And all things considered you did good."

Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Katkin #45

Postby ~Tornado~ » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:22 am

Username: ~Tornado~
Name: Luka
Career Path: corps
Art: wip
Birds, Reptiles, and The Elder Scrolls, and my drawing tablet, basically are all I need in life.

Hi I'm Tornado, I like animals, drawing, and The Elder Scrolls. Ive been on this site for years and am pretty friendly so im always up to chat!

Selina ref guide
Best thing since sliced cheese.
Don't do Skooma kids
Kids these days
Angel on earth
Note: Finish Cp's request At with PD

~Tornado~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:25 am

Username: moons
Name: wip
Career Path: corps
Art: wip

rpnt watts ; polyfrag DID system

it/they

apex legends || icon (c) tinivy @ tumblr
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbee » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:46 am

Username:
Name:
gonna be a lil less active w/ working.

♀ fem | aries | USA

comissions are closed
♥ im open to pm and talk.
strawbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbee » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 am

Username: strawbee
Name: Neveah
Career Path: (see main thread)
Art:
gonna be a lil less active w/ working.

♀ fem | aries | USA

comissions are closed
♥ im open to pm and talk.
strawbee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 am

Closing this comp at midnight EST (6.5 hours from now). Any forms posted or edited after this time will not be counted
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Royal Mirage » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:21 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:
Username: TheSongOfTheStars
Name: Shoshin Rahma
Career Path: Corps
Art:
Shonshin doing her training.

Writing:
Adventure: 173 words
"Mummy, I'm going on an adventure."
The matter-of-fact statement came from beneath the table scattered with fabric remnants.
Mother Rahma smiled and set down the scissors then crouched down to look at her daughter.
"That sounds good. Where are you going to go?"
Shoshin was clutching a spoon and draped in a sheet "I'm going to the forest."
"Oh dear, that's a long way from here. We're in the middle of a desert."
"I'm going on a big adventure."
Mother smiled "Well, then, you'll need something to keep you cool. Come on out and I'll get you something."
The spoon clicked against the floor as Shosin crawled out and peeked over the table's edge "What is it?"

The scissors snipped at a swatch of sky blue fabric.
"It's a headband. You can dip it in water and it will keep you nice and cool," Mother folded the cloth and tied it around Shoshin's head.
"Now then. When are you going on this grand adventure?"
Shonshin considered her spoon with grave seriousness "After lunch."

Starting out
359 words
"Oh dear. Oh dear, are you sure you have enough food, Sho?"
"Yes, Mother," Shoshin brushed her mother's fussing hands away "I've plenty to eat."
"Oh, but I don't want you to be getting hungry out in the desert, all alone."
Shoshin laughed softly "But I won't be alone, Mother, I'll be under observation!"
"But they're not allowed to help you."
"That's what an evaluation is all about, Mother. I have to prove that I am capable of handling myself."
"Oh, you're perfectly capable of handling yourself," Mother Rahma waved her paw, then tucked up Shoshin's headband "I know that. But you can't handle yourself if you don't have anything to eat."
Shoshin took a step back, undoing the tuck "You've stuffed my packs with oatfarls and dates and my water bottle is fit to burst. I'll survive."
"Of course, of course," Mother Rahma nodded, biting her lip "I know you will Sho, this is what you've always wanted isn't it?"

Shoshin grinned, then turned to sweep her adventuring belt off the table. The pockets bulged with the prepared food.
"Ever since you first took me to watch the training when I was a little girl."
"Oh dear, it didn't matter if I had taken you or not, either way you'd never have been satisfied with a Goods Career path."
"Who knows? Smithy work always did interest me."
"But never clothes-making," Mother Rahma had the slightest hint of wistfulness in her voice as she spread aside a pile of half-finished garments.
"I never had the patience for all those stitches," Shoshin paused as she recognized the faint shine in her mother's eyes.
"I'll be alright, Mother."
Mother Rhama nodded, without turning to look at her daughter "I know you will. You're smart girl."
"Yes, but that's not my fault," Shoshin sheathed her machete, then touched her mother's shoulder "Thank you. For everything. There's no repaying you."
"Oh," The tears spilled over as Mother Rahma wrapped Shoshin in a tight hug "Do your best, my love. That's what you can do. Follow that dream you've worked so hard for. Start out and finish what you start. That's all I need."

Trials
796 words

The heat rolled off the sand into the chilling night, lending an air of comfort to Shoshin's makeshift camp.
She leaned beneath her tent, a length of canvas stretched over her walking stick and weighted down by a scoop of sand.
Her eyes where half-closed and her arms limp, giving off the appearance of drifting dangerously close to the dreamy shores of sleep. But her grip on the handle of her machete, though lose, was still coiled and prepared to slice at the slightest instance.

Any second she could be tested, sounded out for her alertness, and she would have to respond with instant decisions.
The constant vigil she forced upon herself, while fighting off sleep, lasted throughout the night, while wearing down quickly on her reserves.
The moon began to descend and while the sky went pitch black, casting the surrounding desert into a darkness like the corner of a silent storm.

Biting her lip, the pain bringing her back to a higher wakefulness, Shoshin held her bleary eyes open, expecting at any moment the attack to come.
But as the darkness began to wane and the east began to rise pale and rosy, there had been no sign of hostile intent and she was exhausted.

With fumbling fingers, she folded up the canvas tent and placed it into her backpack, gripped the walking stick in a weak hold and struck out towards the south, where the stones of passage marked her destination.

The light was thin and played tricks with her weary mind, but she still had the presence of mind to travel with her knife in one hand.
The sand clogged her steps, becoming a nuisance like never before.

She expected the attack to come while then, while she was weary and the light was still young, but as she walked out of the predawn into the blazing morning, she was still untested.

She hit along the southern road after the sun had begun its searing conquest of the sky, and the heat held heavy on her flagging senses.
A narrow wall ran along the road, holding back the shifting sands and provide a meager shade against the ruthless heavens.
Shoshin all but collapsed against its hard embrace and with took a slow draught of water from her bottle.
She'd have to wait out the long hours of heat here and hope that sleep didn't claim her.

But the inactivity partnered with the sleeplessness of the night before slowly drew her into a doze despite her admonitions.
Her mind rested, but still the agonies of wondering when her time would come held some part of her sentient and that was what saved her from total failure.

Her ears caught the slight crunch of feet in the sand and it came to her mind that danger was close at hand.
Starting awake, she clenched her machete and swung her staff, leaping to her feet.
Three bandits, their faces obscured with long swaths of cloth charged her, each bearing a long knife.

The hours and hours of training replayed automatically as she struck out, half blind at the nearest one.
He was fully alert and her wild cut missed him as he sidestepped easily.

The other two, she managed to ward away for a few seconds with her staff before they where again attacking.
But now her mind was clear and with a sharper move, she whirled around, catching one of them full in the stomach. He fell, sobbing for breath.
But her move had left her open, allowing the first one to dash in close, and press his knife against her throat.

Gasping in shock and anger, she was forced to lower her blade and staff in defeat.
She'd failed.

But even as her weapons lowered, the razor edge slipped closer to her skin, drawing blood.
Her eyes widened with a slight choking noise.
It wasn't suppose to go this far. This was just a test. A training maneuver.

A long yell sprang up from behind them and a pair of katkins, dressed in full ranger's attire charged headlong, taking the two remaining bandits by surprise.

Shoshin fell to the ground, gasping, clutching at the blood flowing out onto her chest.
"Easy girl," One of the rangers soothed, easing the young katkin upright "Easy, let me see that."
"What... what happened?"

He dabbed at the wound with a clean white cloth "There was a surprise attack, delaying us from testing you. Those bandits where for real Rahma."

"I still failed."
"Don't worry girl, you'll get a rematch."
"But-"
"Hey," he smiled kindly "It'll be alright. Those guys you just faced? Twice what we were going to put you through. You'll get a rematch and a fair one. And all things considered you did good."

Congrats TheSongOfTheStars, your form was amazing! As this is your first Katkin, you'll also be awarded 200PK to start out
I'm SPIDERMAN!
The Royal Mirage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:26 am

Yay!!!!! Thank you!!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me