Based on Click to view
Artist Lorne [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kalon MYO - Lorne

Postby Lorne » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:49 pm

Wingless ref

You can't get anywhere with her. It's a lost cause. Lorne is incapable of complex thought, guilt, empathy/sympathy, anything that separates a free thinking kalon from a wild animal. She's unpredictable and relies on her flight-or-fight instincts. She's confused, completely blind and perceives the unknown as a threat... It didn't always use to be like this.

Lorne started off in her life as a young girl living through an average middle class life, her biggest fears simply being normal kalon ones... such as "how will I get this homework done on time", "will I grow up and be successful?", you know... the basic teenage fears. Once she graduated high school she moved on to a community college where she met a nice boy her age, moved out with him and accidentally started a family prematurely. Everything was fine at first. They were happy. They had a young daughter. They were happy.

Then the money grew scarce and the emotions ran high. Accusations of betrayal, the struggles of kids too young to start a family struggling under debt, the absence of support from loved ones. They weren't happy anymore.

And then Lorne tried to run away from it all with the mistake of dragging the child along with her. Away from her partner without telling him. Without even thinking about glancing over the legalities of child custody.

Her only hope was immerse herself into the case study. To subject herself to an experimental drug for a week for an absurd amount of money in order to pull herself out of the hole of debt she created with her own negligence. It seemed too good to be true. A week away from the pain of real life and an option to remedy ailments. Little did she know, every silver lining casts it's shadow.

It's all too easy for an already disorganized research facility to lose important documentation about it's test subjects when another company is buying them out and taking over. New policies... new practices... new forgetfulness. By the time the new owners had discovered Lorne was not in the same experiment as the rest of the floor it was too late to correct their mistake. May it be fear of legal action against them or a sick curiosity, the reasoning is lost with the research facility.

It's easy to lose yourself when you're at your weakest. When you're thrown in a situation where your mind already struggles to find hope in a world where the law works against reuniting mother with child based off of financial and behavioral analysis. When the only social interaction you have for three years is not the loving arms of friends and family but instead the lifeless gaze of scientists giving her the basic necessities of life and the medicine that made her lose touch. Lost touch as her mind crumbled away to that of a feral being. As her fur grew into long mats and showed of a disheveled, out of touch creature. As her tail shine, the trait that made her specifically kalon, withered away and peeled off leaving only little scraps of what it once was. Leaving only vague shadows of memories of what she loved dear: her daughter, until she didn't know who it was anymore or the specifics, just the general vocal range and body shape of what her kid once resembled and confusion as to why she cares so much for it.

All kept secret.

Until she escaped.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edits:

Things to note: This kalon is sterile and cannot breed. This kalon is completely blind. This character had another "design" before she was subject to body-altering experiments, this previous design is only to be used in art and is not in any way shape or form used in community interaction and only to be used in my personal animation project - idea approved by Check. This character used to have a biological child who is no longer in her life and is presumed deceased, the child will not and will never have a design nor be in any part of her story besides the past. - Idea approved by Check.

Standard: Hair above jawline, custom tail shine, teeth edits

Common: Scalera color, custom tail, longer fur

Uncommon: Custom ears, custom pupil (none), custom tongue

Rare: Extra eyes, Glowing eyes, Horns on head

Legendary: Wings, Horns on the body, ability of flight/levitation

Legendary powers: Eyes change color on a specific color range based on mood (Idea approved by Check), Echolocation

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 16 people.
I have received 10 gifts.

₊˚⊹. ☾ Aria ☆ she/her ☆ Art shop ☽ .⊹˚₊Image
Lorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me