Kitsucorns :: Custom/MYO Contest: Writing [WINNER pg. 5] by Griddle

Based on Click to view
Artist Griddle [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kitsucorns :: Custom/MYO Contest: Writing [WINNER pg. 5]

Postby Griddle » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:54 am

Hey guys! Welcome to the opening of Kitsucorns! We're gonna start stuff off with a few custom/MYO contests, each with their own specialty.

This is a contest for either a CUSTOM or MYO kitsucorn, depending on your preference. If you can use oekaki, feel free to use the prize as a MYO! If you cannot use oekaki or prefer a custom, I can make one up for you. Anything from common to rare traits are allowed.

This is a contest centered around WRITING! Use your own writing skills to write a story or build a character form, using between 500-1500, words for a kitsucorn you'd like to own (the one you'd like to win from this contest!)

• This is a contest for writing! No prettying up with coding or graphics, or including any art either self-made or commissioned.
  • (Basic formatting, paragraphs, b/i/u/s etc is fine.)
  • Please keep your form on this thread. No linking to other threads or off-site for forms!
  • You may enter all three Custom/MYO contests, but may only win one.
  • The prize does NOT count toward the every-five-adopts rule.

Code: Select all
Username:
Kitsucorn's Name:
(Free Writing Reign!)

You have until Valentine's Day, Tuesday February 14th, at 11:59pm EST.
No entries submitted or edited later than that will be accepted.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Last edited by Griddle on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kitsucorns :: Custom/MYO Contest: Writing

Postby ♡Chocolate♡ » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:47 am

Username:
    Kitsucorn's Name:
    (Free Writing Reign!)
♡Chocolate♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cecelia

Postby Fuscontidox » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:48 am

Username: Fuscontidox
Kitsucorn's Name: Cecelia
Charm: A tune that coaxes heat in living things the louder it is "sung"

[word count: 1497/1500]
Attempt #33, Day 92, quarters change #5

The world was black, as she stayed perfectly still, all she had was her hearing to tell her who was nearby. The servant girl who was normally assigned to assist her in the night was fast asleep outside her chamber, in about fifteen minutes, the servants rotation would take place, and this particular girl would need to be carried back to the servant's wing as she was a heavy sleeper. The guard rotation happened at just three minutes and thirty seconds before the servant's.

Three minutes and thirty seconds to find the door.

Three minutes and thirty seconds of the greatest and most profound of any escape attempt she had ever tried. Exchange the servant's clothing for her own, to arrange herself in such a way that she would go unnoticed as she was carried back to the servant quarters.

She crept out of the luxurious, canopy top bed, feeling around the flowy material and pulling it to a hook that took her longer to find than she wished it would. Dropping from the mattress, she caressed the wall on her left with the end tuft of her slender tail, guiding herself as she wondered toward the general area to which her closet seemed to be. She resented her past, having been naive as a child, she knew that her many attempts prior had been the reason for the constant chamber swapping her father had forced upon her. And yet blindness came with its perks, she was keen to her hearing capabilities, and it made her proud with her high awareness, it came so naturally to pay attention to detail, as much a gift as a will.

Her tail came to a corner, and she pivoted her direction, spinning on the frog of her hooves over the long carpet covering the tile floor. She moved a little further, and found a ring handle, like a door knocker, it had a large plush grip around the bottom, and she leaned in, gently grappling her teeth around the material, and pulling first to the right, finding that it wouldn't budge, and pulled it the other way, slowly inching it open.

Her heart raced as she listened intently for anyone possibly close enough to hear her. When she checked crevice size, she found it was just large enough for her to squeeze through, pinned her large ears back, and forced herself inside, as odd as it was for a blind kitsucorn to scour over clothing, there was something she couldn't bare to leave behind. She gulped, and cleared her throat shakily, humming gently as she created sound waves, bouncing them around the walls enough to see the soft white hue ricocheting from the clothes' outlines. She walked forward, following the sound waves to the back. She reached up, and placed her hooves on the wall silently, extending her body the utmost farthest possible, nosing the hanger until it fell from the hook above. Catching it mid-fall, she separated it from its contents, and left it on the floor, stuffing the material it once held into the pocket of her robe the best she could.

She cautiously made her way back out of the closet, shutting the door behind her softly, and heading back the way she came. Snuggling in her blankets until she could hear the padding of the guards walking away as they mumbled about their shift's end.

One.... two.... three

Swinging back out of bed, she dropped to the floor once again.

six... seven... eight...

the wall guided her to the door, in the opposite direction of the closet.

Eleven.... twelve.... thirteen...

she checked the handle, attempting not to scrape her hooves and make sound

Sixteen.... seventeen.... eighteen...

Opening the door silently, she felt for the servant and proceeded to drag her inside, frantically, she wiped perspiration from her brow.

Twenty-eight.... twenty-nine.... thirty....

Finishing removing her own garments, she felt nervous and hummed, the door safely shut, taking in the frame of her poor innocent victim, she included the smallest hint of her charm, allowing the girl's body to stay the same level of warmth as to keep her from possibly awaking while her drab clothes were switched for the more gaudy ones.

One minute.... one.... two...

Slipping into the servant attire, Cecelia found them to be slightly looser than that of her calculations, she hunkered over her replacement, and half dragged her to the bed.

Fifteen.... sixteen..... seventeen.....

Pulling the covers over the girl, her tune was still playing subconsciously, and the girl stirred, sweating in her sleep, with sudden realization, Cecelia cut her charm's power quickly, the old nervous habit had risen from the grave she had buried it in. She understood her own reasoning, but she willed herself to stay calm, taking deep breaths until she was no longer quaking.

Twenty-eight.... twenty-nine..... thirty....

She made her way to the door once more, and opened it with more ease, now possessing knowledge and calculation from finally using it for herself.

Thirty-four... Thirty-five....

Shutting the door behind her, she sat in the hall, leaning herself against the door in such a way to appear as though she was past out, conforming her hooves within the safety of the shawl, her wrist grazed over the lump of fabric she had wrenched from her robe, and shoved deep into the pocket of the underskirt. The rush she had felt was dissipating and she was blanketed in a serene calmness, she imagined her mother's singing, and she smiled the slightest, before nearly falling into slumber.

The hooves of the three new guards came into play, and they spotted her, one of them huffed, and seemed to drag himself towards her direction.

"Ugh.... Twenty bronze?"

"I told you the servant would be sleeping, and it was ten silver, don't cheat me out." the two voices were new, and she felt an overwhelming relief, she had been correct to believe new guards would be in place, they wouldn't know the "servant" and the girl who she had used as a living dummy in her quarters were simply switched, holding only a basic resemblance that anyone would have been able to tell apart in broad daylight.

The whispers grew softer as they drew nearer, and they bartered over who would take her back to the servant wing. The voices went silent, and hooves stepped forward, nudging her, she was slipped onto the back of one of the guards.

The silence made her tense on the inside, and she dared open her eyes to see the vibrations of the guard's hoof beats, the sound was subtle, and crisp, like a well trained soldier. She thought over her next move, it wasn't going to be easy, especially since she would be treading in unfamiliar territory, let alone knew where she was being taken as it was. She watched ahead discreetly, they had not past anyone as it was, and she hoped it would stay that way. The echo of the guard's steps soon began to bounce off a wall before them, and she once again feigned sleep, waiting as he shifted his weight to open the door before them, and it wasn't long before they went through yet another door, and she was laid gently onto a mattress much noisier and ridged than that of which she was used to. The figured paused, and she felt tense, time was ticking, she only had so long before day break.

Her thoughts stopped in their tracks as the guard leaned over her, his hot breath ruffled the fluff in her ears, and she almost shook with goosebumps, "wait until my footsteps are gone, out this door, take a left at the end of the hall, then another sharp left should follow a stair case in a cubby that spirals down to a safety vault used during times of trouble, guards should be posted every hall corner. They will not let you by, so you'll have to use force. Don't take the straight hall through, turn the fourth right after two encounters, keep going until you're to the big doors at the end, and sneak through the servant gate that's a far left from the door, ingrown into the hedge surrounding the premises, a vast woods awaits you on the other side, and the open world where you won't be found." He sounded so sure, so desperate, but there was not fear, not a waver.

Her breath was ragged, and she turned her head the slightest, longing to see this figure of whom risked so much for someone so greedy. "Who are you?" Her voice was shaken and raspy, unnatural to its usual cadence and feigned bashfulness.

"Someone who is willing to save an angel from the demons that oppress her." Through the thrum of her heart in her ears, she listened obediently for his disappearance before she too was gone in a heartbeat.
Last edited by Fuscontidox on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:40 am, edited 19 times in total.
I have made my choice. My pms will be open for a week to anyone who wants to message me on CS a little while longer, or to clear up anything if you must.

Discord: Fuscontidox #0877
DA: Fuscontidox
TH: Fuscontidox
Fuscontidox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jello » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:49 am

username:
kitsucorn's name:
(Free Writing Reign!)

res ;7;
jello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blimq » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:51 am

username: pastelllizard
kitsucorn's name: jamie

some things can't be held in- held back.

jamie looked at the timer he'd set, starting on exactly the 33rd time the timer clicked, since it didn't click by seconds. he began racing through the trees, jumping off of rocks above rivers, and seeming to dance while running. he'd ran here many times before, and gained up that much endurance to be able to run through the forest long, and gracefully as well. smiling as he went on, he sped up greatly, seeming to run forever if he kept up the speed through the trees, getting through them so swiftly and easily, it actually seemed as if he'd memorized where each tree, rock, pebble and flower there was on the forest ground. he'd been doing this everyday for years now, so he honestly has known everything on the trail. but he's never once grown sick or tired of it. he considers this to be one of the best things that he knows; doing something he loves, running, at a place he loves. this specific path that he's found himself running everyday. so often than he knows it just as well as he knows his name. if not, more.

..i'd be one of those things.

though, after his speed increased a few minutes ago, it quickly decreased as he got close to a meadow of flowers ranging in colors, types, sizes. he believed it was a rue sight to see when he ran and jumped through it, running in a way so that he could run through the flowers, though somehow now damage any at all. it was mesmerizing to watch him as he made a path to avoid the flowers he could run in to, and highly satisfying since he never hit one. the flowers were more often ranunculus and hydrangeas, some begonias and zinnia mixed too. jamie had researched the plants on the trail he took- all of them. each type of fungi, flower, tree and weed living there. he'd known of all the animals as well, sketched them and went to the library to study them, just so he wouldn't bother them while running. the flowers, as he ran past them always smelled pleasant. jamie never wanted to stop running this trail which is why he ran through it through whatever weather, day, or time. just at least once. like a daily dose of refreshing sights. some may call him obsessed, but he was a reason for doing this. he wouldn't mind what they thought, or if any of them listened to him. he knew his words were important. he'd always know that.

i know from the bottom of my soul, my whole being...

jamie then slowed down more. he wasn't tired, that wasn't the case at all. he was remembering a time that used to be his; a strong feeling of nostalgia washing over him. the idea that the playground, now infested with greenery was just mere meters away from him. but he never stopped. it just always seemed like time did whenever he was near that set... but dwelling in the past wasn't how he worked. it was never how he liked to work. not even if they were happy or sad. he knew he was stronger if he didn't think about it then, it would only lead to him ending up crying uncontrollably. from missing tha past that used to be his. from missing his friends that had nearly all moved away.
Last edited by blimq on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
blimq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:09 am

*silent res*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackMarbleCat » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:10 am

Mark, I NEED THIS
Just Dream Big and Live Bigger
BlackMarbleCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:12 am

Username: wicke
Kitsucorn's Name: Jules
Personality:
Appearance:

mark mark
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sardine » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:05 am

Mark.

x
╔───────────────────────────╗

xxxxxxxxxxxFollowing ✓
fish guy

win C$500 + OMGSRs (every entry gets rares)
USD commissions open. black lives matter
11:32AM - Jun 26 2012
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

╚───────────────────────────╝
sardine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me