Kalon #614 -- Earth Kingdom by ✧ airplane.

Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by furby.

Kalon #614 -- Earth Kingdom

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

The last one in the Avatar series!
This one is based on Toph's color palette, and badgermoles!

Standard: custom tail shine // Common: hair edits, custom tail// Uncommon: custom ears

To win this kalon, answer the prompt and tell me a story about a journey this kalon had to make.
It can be a literal journey, or a metaphorical one! Be creative!

Code: Select all
[b]username;;[/b]
[b]kalon name;;[/b]
[b]kalon gender;;[/b]
[b]story;;[/b]

You're permitted to have one art extra! No comics or animations!
You can pretty up your form however you'd like!

Ends October 28th, @ 11:59 PM, EST.
Extensions can be given if needed.

As a note, this Kalon is not an actual bender. It has no powers!
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #614 -- Earth Kingdom

Postby LadyChinaAru » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:07 pm

RES. WIP
Username;; LadyChinaAru
Kalon name;; Karaline
Kalon gender;; Female
Story;;
Karaline grew up with her grandmother in a small village. Her grandmother had taken care of her ever since she was a kit and shewas her world, taught her everything she knew about nature, plants and animals but one day that all almost came to a end..
Karaline was just 18 at the time, she had just come home from a hard day at working at the market when she came home to a startling site. Her grandmother on the ground looking sickly and pale, the food she harvest from the garden they have scattered all over the floor. She had never seen her grandmother ill in her life and seeing her like this terrified of the idea of losing her. She helped her up and to bed while tears fell down her face and her mind raced, their village didn't have a doctor and she had never left the village so she didn't know if there was any in the other villages and the had little money. but lucky for her they had some medical books that were passed down the family.
After reading them as well as some of her books on herbal remedies she knew what her grandmother had, and it was bad. The only cure know was made by this rare herb that grew only in deep caves in the north. She knew it was dangerous and she had never left on her own but she loved her grandmother and wasn't ready to lose her. After asking for their neighbors to watch her grandmother and take care of her till she returns she left on her long journey to the north.
She used the stars as her guide and traded with others for supplies and food when she came by others. After a long journey she had reached the cold north with it's huge mountains and harsh winds. Now her only problem was to find a cave with the rare herb she needed. She searched, searched and searched till her feet were ice cold. She was losing hope, she took shelter in a cave at the base of a large mountain. She was cold, homesick, hungry and tired. She began to cry at the idea of losing the only family she had in this world, she did this for about 5 minutes till she saw a strange light in the cave. She got up and went towards the strange glowing light and saw this beautiful giant crystal coming out of the ground. She looked near it on the ground and her eyes widened there was the herb she needed! She quickly dug the whole thing up and put it in her bag, she also took a small crystal near the large one as a gift for her grandmother.
She made the long journey home,thankfully she was still in time to save her. She ran in as fast as she could and with a little help from her neighbor made the cure and gave it too her grandmother. She made a full recovery and Karaline gave her the crystal and told her all about her trip, all the new kalons she met and the strange places she seen and after she told her the story she realized this was what she was met to do, explore new places, seeing amazing&strange things and meeting new kalons. Her grandmother saw this and told her if that was what she wanted to do then she should go do it and not let herself be held back. She promised her grandmother to visit as much as she can and bring gifts from her journeys. And this was the start of Kataline's new and exciting life of a trader/explorer..

Last edited by LadyChinaAru on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adonis » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:17 pm

RESSS
Adonis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby haemon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:21 pm

username;; haemon
kalon name;; jianyu - building the universe
minsheng - voice of the people
weimin - bring greatness to the people
yusheng - jade birth
kalon gender;;
story;;jianyu - building the universe
everybody wants to rule the world...
male
Last edited by haemon on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
haemon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Do You Remember The Crow?

Postby Gaycko » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:28 pm

username;;
Champion.
kalon name;;
Juniper Welder
kalon gender;;
Female
story;;
Res with a journey to find the answer to a question her mother had once asked her

Do You Remember The Crow?
----------------------------------------------------
Chapter One: Our Little Paradise
It wasn't much the little ranch styled home we Welders all called home, but papa kept it tidy with weekly maintenance so everything ran smoothly and then mama always kept it clean on the inside from polished floors to daily dusting. Our little home sat at the end of the block where the round ended and the only choice was to turn around and leave. Not many cars came down that road unless they lived in the other few homes at the end or simply just took a wrong turn. We all knew one another. The two-story sunflower home to the right was where old lady Lilith, she always was like our grandmother, always coming over on the holidays and bringing fresh baked desserts. Then it was on the left, past a picket white fence, paint slowly chipping on our side, that was where the Bergs lived Heather and her husband, Derek. The couple had kept to themselves more than most, I think they were expecting a child at one point, but I remember mama telling my siblings and I not to ask them about their unborn child. It had been only a few months since mama telling us when the Bergs came home one day with a small tabby kitten. I think they called it Juliet-Rose. Next to them were the Howards, Kristen and Julia, they were such sweet ladies and their twin boys, Damien and Ronald were great additions to our neighborhood baseball games.

Inside our doors, it was my mama and papa, then it was my big brother James (he's only two years older than I am), myself, and then our little brother Reese. We were all good kids and we all had our own little jobs to help out around the house. James always helped with papa outside, painting the fence all they way to replacing old shingles on our roof, he really looked up to our papa. Sometimes he'd even wear his shoes so he could follow his footsteps. I wasn't like him, I wasn't the one to climb up high and do a lot of manual work with tools instead I tended to a garden in out backyard, just off of our porch. From it I grew a small array of herbs and a few vegetables, with it I helped mama give a little extra flavor of freshness to her home cooked meals. No matter what she always tried to feed us meals from home, with meals from fast food chains a rarity and more so a treat if anything. Though the flavor never settled well with me and I always opted out for something else. When I wasn't tending to the small garden there wasn't much else I was doing as I never really wandered much from home.
Last edited by Gaycko on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaycko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

WIP - Talina Brunri

Postby danibo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:31 pm

username;; StaticElectricity;
kalon name;; Talinia
kalon gender;; Female
story;; WIP - Trying to find her father who, unfortunately, died right in her arms.
      now watch me w.i.p
danibo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravendarus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:41 pm

username;;
kalon name;;
kalon gender;;
story;;

wip xox <3
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starlovex » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:58 pm

username;; cat4139
kalon name;; Ferne
kalon gender;; Female
story;; W.i.P!!!!!!
Starlovex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf ;; » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:11 pm

username;; wolf ;;
kalon name;; Leif
kalon gender;; male
story;; wip
journey around the world - challenge or to answer a question
'top of the world'

res aaa
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

username: sinon.

Postby gojo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:17 pm

name: Mukashu.

◆◆◆

"My dear Muka... I know you miss them... But now is a time to find yourself."

"Wait for me!" The young kalon called out to her three brothers as they scurried from the house. "Don't forget your shoes, Muka!" Her mother called upon seeing her making her way out of the small house. However, if her brothers weren't going with shoes, neither was she! She caught up with them after a moment of jogging, and walked next to them with her head high, just like theirs. "Where are we going?" She questioned. The three seemed surprised when they saw that their little sister was coming along. It was going to be quite dangerous after all. They looked at each other, then shrugged. "A test of courage!" Said the eldest brother, Alka. The other two, Dehan and Dima nodded.

It was roughly ten or so minutes of walking, Alka stopped, a grin on his face. They were now all standing atop a cliff overlooking large pond. "Are you ready?" He asked with excitement. Muka's heart skipped a beat. The only thing she could think he was asking her about was jumping. Though the cliff wasn't too high, it was still frightening. Before she knew it, however, Alka had jumped. A few moments later, he was followed by Dehan, and then Dima. One after another, splashes sounded from below. She wanted to be like her brothers, courageous. But the thought of jumping tied her stomach in knots. When she looked down, she saw her brother celebrating, not paying attention to their little sister up above... Not wanting to seem weak, she climbed down the side of the cliff as fast and as quietly as she could, jumping off before she met the water to make a splash.

Her brothers stopped for a moment, and glanced over at her. It was as if they couldn't believe she had really done it, but they didn't question it. "You did it, Muka!" They called. She could feel herself growing nervous, knowing that she had lied. But, she drilled it into her head that she was just like them. I am courageous like my brothers... She thought over and over as they congratulated her. She had to be... She had done it after all, right? ...Right?

The rest of her childhood, and into her teens went on like that. The stories their mother told them, of courage, wisdom, and strength had driven them to do so. So, naturally, the next little test that they had done was of wisdom, prompted by Dehan. They had come across a fox and solved his riddles to get access to the ripest of berries to store for the winter. However, Muka had barely said a thing. I am wise, like my brothers.... She recited to herself, over and over. And of course, their last test was strength, coined by Dima. They were older now, and her eldest brother was preparing to leave on his own at this point, but he stayed for this one last thing. They had moved boulders that had smashed their gardens, and partly into their house that had fallen from the mountains. But of course, Muka only lifted the smaller ones. as she was unable to muster enough strength to pick up the bigger ones like her brothers. I... Am strong, like my brothers.

◆◆◆

When Alka left, she felt her courage drain. When Dehan left, she felt her wisdom ebb away. When Dima left, her body felt weak. Right then, she began to realize she needed them. She began to lose herself. "Muka..." Her mother called, her voice becoming raspy with age. "You're the only one left, I see..." She mumbled, looking her daughter up and down. She took a deep breath and smiled. It's been so long since her last son had left, and since then Muka has been taking care of most of the garden and even house work for her aging mother. The older kalon could've sworn she was always as adventurous as her brothers... However, it wasn't the case, clearly. She had been the same, reluctant to leave in fear of not being as good as her siblings... Or perhaps faking how she feels.

"I know what you are feeling... The only way to get over this is to go." Muka gulped. She knew her mother needed help. Not to mention that she didn't feel like she would even survive on her own... "I'll be fine," Her mother spoke in an assuring tone. "Now... My dear Muka... I know you miss them... But now is a time to find yourself." Muka took a deep breath and looked down at her hands, clenching them, and nodding to her mother.

Last edited by gojo on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
gojo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me