Based on Click to view
Artist Ethulai [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #592

Postby Ethulai » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:59 am

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

This Kalon seems to be a traditional tattoo enthusiast.

Short story competition!

Tell me the story behind this Kalon's tattoos!

Ends: 11th of October (1 week!)

Code: Select all
Username:
Kalon Name:
Kalon Gender:
Short story (100 min - 500 max words):
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┌───────────────┐

💀 // 💀 // 💀 // 💀
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Everyday is Halloween
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
- Shakespeare, The Tempest

└───────────────┘
Ethulai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #592

Postby Downn » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:05 am

WIP !

Username: Downn
Kalon Name:
Kalon Gender:
downn • she / her • adult
Downn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:29 am

watching uvu

on mobile from a distance the heart tattoo looked like the autobots symbol oOPS
Last edited by Ethulai on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Lol...oops?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doktor monty » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:42 am

xxmmmmpossible res??
                ✦ { dok/stephvthey/he/any occasionally online } ✦
              Howdy! I'm on here as often as I have the energy for it, so everything might be a little delayed with me! Feel free to check out my semi/open adopts, and if you're feeling adventurous click my dragoncave eggs too- my children thank you. Have a great day <3
doktor monty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MelMellyMel » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:17 am

Username: MelMellyMel
Kalon Name:
Kalon Gender:

WIP
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏl ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi, I'm just your average obsessed teenaged fan.
My interests include, but aren't limited to, Game
of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Pokémon, Harry Potter,
Overwatch, bands, and youtubers! Pm me if you
want to discuss any of those things. I don't care what
pronouns you use for me, I'm also asexual and
panromantic if you were wondering. Well, that's all I can think
to say for now, hope you're having a great day/night!
*insert DC eggs here*
Maybe click these guys if you have time?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ lᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ l▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Farasis My Kalons link credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴘᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
x
MelMellyMel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellini » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:22 am

Username:
Kalon Name:
Kalon Gender:
res!
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowball. » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:32 am

-------------------------

you want to know what happened? well then sit down and read on, if you dare.

it was a cold, winter night in Marblehead, MA. audeline shivered and puffed out a cloud of air, looking at the snow-covered trees and slippery ice. she yelped as her feet slid, followed by the rest of her body, into the street. her teeth chattered, and she ran back to the sidewalk. her winter coat was patchy, snow resting on top. audeline sighed and lay down under a tree, peering in through a window of a warm, cozy house. small kalons were praying with their parents by the fire place. a tear rolled down audeline's cheek as she remembered her family like that, before the fire. before the screaming and running of brothers and sisters. before this. the tear leaked into the ground, leaving a hole. more followed, audeline's sobbing quiet but sad. it could make you cry, even by listening. her stomach rumbled for food, and she stood up. walking a couple neighborhoods over, an older kalon stepped out to get his mail. he had a bright, happy smiley face tattoo on his cheek. "h-hello?" audeline coughed out, trying to take another step. it seemed like her feet wouldn't move, so she fell forward onto the ice.
"oh! are you okay?" the man asked, rushing over. his face reminded audeline of her dad, and she closed her eyes.
audeline woke up in a warm room, the man she saw was mixing a cup of hot cocoa. he smiled and came over, pointing to her heart. right there, on her chest, was a perfectly beautiful heart tattoo, and it seemed to glow. audeline gasped, touching it. a picture of her parents hugging her formed in her mind, and she looked at the man.
"there's another one," he said. audeline turned over, and on her hip/butt was another perfect tattoo, this time of a rose. her head filled with warm memories of her sisters, brothers, and parents. she smiled and drank her hot chocolate, remembering all of the good times. her new dad/guardian helped her regain her courage, and soon audeline trusted him like a parent. "thank you," she said many, many times to him, and that made him feel warm and happy inside. when summer finally came around, they opened a tattoo shop together. welcoming new kalons for tattoos, they helped one another. if a client was in a bad mood, they always had the thing to make them feel happy. when audeline grew up, she remembered the day when she first met her guardian, her dad.
Last edited by snowball. on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
snowball.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaeria » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:35 am

Username:
Kalon Name:
Kalon Gender:
res
    infp | scorpio | she / her | call me kayla !

i haven't been on here for years ngl
kaeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ĸιndle » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:56 am

Username: kindle
Kalon Name: Blaine
Kalon Gender: m
Short story (100 min - 500 max words): Blaine was always a sad soul. He didn't really know what to do himself, so he spent most time in his sister's garden. She had beautiful flowers, like poppies and carnations, but they didn't really appeal to him. She had fruits and vegetables a-plenty, all of which he didn't especially like.
One day he decided to go through the garden, to see if there was possibly anything that could make him happy. He came across his sister planting some new crops. Turns out, she had been planting a lot of new flowers. He took a cautious stroll around her, and then he looked and saw one of the most beautiful flowers he had ever seen. It was a beautiful red flower, with some pretty sharp thorns. He stood in awe, then took out his phone. Blaine took a picture of it, and he immediately headed off to town to see if there were any others like it. He sadly doubted it, but he never knew until he looked.
As he walked around his hometown, a bit of a small town, he saw that there were papers with the flower he had just saw, decorations involving his flower, and there were people dressed in red. It was a festival! No wonder his sister planted one of them. He then got an idea.
He walked into the tattoo shop his dad would go to when Blaine was little, and he was noticed by someone his dad knew. "Oi, it's Blaine!" He knew he'd be recognized. "Hey," he said, "would you be interested in possibly giving me a tattoo of one of these?" Blaine held up the picture of the rose. The worker nodded, and motioned for him to sit down. "So, why a rose?" Blaine looked at the picture again, eye full of wonder and hope. "A rose..." he said out loud. He loved the way it fell off his tongue, only to be replaced with a nice "sss" sound. Rose. As he got lost in thought, he was brought back by a strange look from the man still waiting for an answer. "It's just a beautiful flower. I saw it and I fell in love." The man nodded, and then started the tattoo. Although it hurt a little, it was totally worth it.
One day later, he was seen enjoying himself at the Rose Festival. He has been very happy since.
ĸιndle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kress

Postby Anza » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:30 am

Username: Anza
    Kalon Name: Kress
    Kalon Gender: Male

Short story:
    “Don’t you have a heart?” The women was begging my father for an extension on her loan from him. She had come through the door struggling as the wind outside pushed her to every side. The wind blew the door shut behind her reminding me of a rodent trap clamping shut as the mouse dared to sniff the lure. I sat next to my father on his left, my older brother on his right being the older and “better” of the two of us. The table was round giving us the illusion of equality but the women knew, as well as I did, that the looming figure of my father was meant to be feared.
    “An extension you ask?” My father picked up a slice of fresh white bread and carelessly bit off tiny pieces as though to torture the women who probably hadn’t seen white bred in years. “This isn’t your first time asking miss. Is it that you’ve grown lazy on that farm of yours or are you selfish enough to keep what you owe from me?” I resisted the urge to remind my father that the recent crop famine would have meant bankruptcy for farmers of our region, but I bit my tongue, my father knew that already but that wouldn’t matter to him. The women shrank in fear of my father’s glare. “No sir. We just need a couple of months and everything we borrowed will be returned…” “Everything you borrowed, and interest.” My father added growing louder at the end of the statement. “Yes of course sir!” The women nodded quickly. “Very well then. Be gone with you then.” The women quickly scampered back bowing and thanking him every step of the way until she reached the door and exited into the real world.
    I remained on the left in the world where the greatest greedy dragon ruled. Where no creature would enter within a mile of our estate and the children who careless in their childhood adventures would run in horror if there toy flew over our gates. I remained in the world where I didn’t belong.
    “That is how it’s done.” My father was addressing my older brother again who held the promise of becoming the next dragon in our nest. “A little intimidation, fear, and rumor goes a long way. Nobody dares cross us! And those who take our loans know the consequences of unpaid debts.” They laughed in there little worlds full of coins and treasures while I stared out the window watching the children scamper around with a ball that they pass back and forth. Not a care in the world yet they kept clear of the wall of our estate as though it was poison. It is poison. A poison that infects your heart and tears it apart until there’s nothing left of it. Perhaps you could fashion yourself an artificial heart with your treasures but it won’t be real. But unlike my family, I have a real heart.

[500/500]
Last edited by Anza on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups