Kalon #501 -- Fire Nation by ✧ airplane.

Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
36 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Gaycko

Kalon #501 -- Fire Nation

Postby ✧ airplane. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:12 am

Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

"Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."

Sorry about the wait on this guy! I know a few of you have asked if I was going to do the other three after my Air Nomad kalon!
Here's the Fire Nation kalon! Inspired by Zuko's palette, and messenger hawks!

The other two are already made, and I'll just be posting them one comp at a time!
You can try out for as many as you'd like!

Standard: hair edits, custom tail shine // Common: custom tail// Uncommon: custom ears

To win this Kalon, fill out the form, and tell me story about a time they had to fight for something.
It can be a physical fight, or an internal struggle. No word limit!

Code: Select all
[b]username;;[/b]
[b]kalon name;;[/b]
[b]kalon gender;;[/b]
[b]a time they had to fight for something;;[/b]

You're permitted to have one art extra! No comics or animations!
You can pretty up your form however you'd like!

Ends September 7th, @ 11:59 PM, EST.

As a note, this Kalon is not an actual bender. It has no powers!
The pink lines are scars.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #501 -- Fire Nation

Postby Blackbirds » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:12 am

username;; Noxyum
kalon name;; Zuko
kalon gender;; Male
a time they had to fight for something;;
It's not often Zuko has to fight for something. He was a prince, the heir of the throne for his country. One day, Azula, his sister, stole the knife given to him by his uncle Iroh. The knife was given to him when his cousin, Luten died. Uncle Iroh always watched out for Zuko, and stopped Azula from stealing Zuko's things. Azula had taken the knife, and was hiding it with her best friends. Mae thought that what they were doing was bad for her crush, Zuko, while Tylee and Azula had fun hiding it.

At dinner the same night, Zuko asked Azula where his knife went. Azula shrugged, and gave her snotty, "I don't know". Zuko ran around looking for it, and when he came back, he saw Azula playing with it. "Azula! Give that back!" He called, and ran at her. "You'll have to fight me, dear Zuzu." She said in a twisted manner. The fight was one with fire and punches, until their mother walked in. "Zuko! Azula! What is going on here?" She demanded, as Zuko stopped, and Azula smirked. "Well, Mother, Zuko was being weak so I stole his knife." Azula gave a smile, as their mother took the knife from Azula. "Zuko, please don't let Azula push you around." "Ok Mother"
Last edited by Blackbirds on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blackbirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:18 am

Prince Zuko / Zukko

reserved

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:21 am

xxxx
    username;; Anza
    kalon name;; Gregory Titus
    kalon gender;; Male

You've been trending through the forest for days, after you wandered off from that trail by your campsite and couldn't find your way back. It has been four days already, your supplies have kept you through them but they are coming to an end. Wandering through the forest you desperately search for some sign of humanity-none great you in response. You slap a mosquito with annoyance and as you look up you notice a stream of smoke and the sound of wind chimes. It couldn't be! You run towards the sound, dreams of returning to the bustling city cloud your mind. As you enter the clearing your mood drops, in the edge of the clearing stands a house build into the side of a hill. The front is built out of wood and on the porch you see a bench with a small wooden table and from the porch’s roof hang wind chimes. Some made with creative woodcarvings, some with pieces of glass, some with metal bent into strange shapes; all wonderful. You come closer to admire them, perhaps this isn't a bad place to stop. The owner might even have a phone.

“You brake it you buy it.” A voice startles you from behind, whipping around you come face to face with a strange creature. His eyes glistened with the yellow of a fire but with a calm look.
    “Um, hello.” You mutter, something about him seems to calm you yet warn you at the same time. You are tempted to run but you know that it isn't your best option. He looks fast enough to catch you in a second. Taking a deep breath you try again.
    “I mean, hi. Um...I’m sort off lost, could you lend me a phone?”
    He smiles in response. "Your in the middle of nowhere and you expect me to have a phone?"
    "No." His tone makes you feel as though you've done something stupid.
    "But, I do have food inside." He nods towards the house and begins walking to it.
    "Thanks, I guess, as long as I'm not the meal!" You joke trying to lighten up the mood.
    He turns to look at you with a expression you don't recognize. But the expression changes as quickly as it came, and in seconds he seems to be miles away in thought.

He leads you to the door and opens it. When you walk in your fascinated! From the ceilings hand more wind-chimes made out of all sorts of materials, dream catchers, wood carvings, and many keys of different shapes and sizes. You take a seat at a wooden table as he offers you some tea and cookies. You dig in.
    "My name is Gregory, but you can call me Greg or whatever."
    You nod but when you reach for another cookie you knock over your tea. As he begins cleaning up your mess you quickly stand up bumping into the bookshelves behind you. One book falls of and lands by your feat. The book seems strange, with a thick leather cover and a glowing green gem in the center. As you pick it up to place it into its proper spot a picture falls out. Curious, you pick it up. Its a photograph of a girl around 20. She's short with golden blond hair up to her shoulders, wearing a beautiful white dress with black roses sandals and a amulet of some sorts around her neck. She has the most stunning eyes you have ever seen. A mix of gray, brown and green. The photograph seems to be taken by surprise as she has just turned and a faint smile plays on her face. Your admiring the photograph as Gregory appears out of nowhere snatching the photograph from you; clutching it dearly to his chest. His eyes have hardened into stone. "I think its time for you to leave."

You blink rapidly. His tone is harsh but his face you recognize it from somewhere but you can't exactly place. What it is about him that makes him look so familiar? You pause and think as he continues to glare at you.
    "Listen Greg." You muster up all the courage you have. "I know you from somewhere don't I? And who is she? Why are you out here all by yourself? I think I deserve some answers or am I in some sort of danger with you here too?"

He seems taken aback by your outburst and questions. He gestures for you to sit beside him and with careful movements, similarly to a dear in the headlights you obey. "The girl." He gestures to the photo, "Was a friend of mine back when I was of some political importance."
    Suddenly it clicks. You realize why he seems so familiar! "Your Prince Gregory!"
    He smiles at your astonishment. "I was. Now be quite! I have a story that I've been dying to get off my chest and well your here so I may as well tell you!" You smile and let him continue.
    "I once was a prince but then I met this girl, her name was Ana, and we were the best of friends. I trained with her on multiple occasions in the art of fencing and martial arts, you name it. We were so close that overtime..."He stutters, showing the most sadness that you've seen from him yet. "I fell in love."
    He gulps back the lump in his throat and continues. "We loved each other but then my country went to war. My brother insisted that the only way that we could align our country with a neighboring one was through marriage. And...I choice my country over her. I married the neighboring princes...But I regretted that choice. I fought. I won that war but when I came back from triumph I knew that she wasn't going to understand. I fought for her! I wanted to end the war so that she could live in peace! So that my country could live in peace!" You pat his shoulder with your hand. You just can't seem to comfort him.
    "She wouldn't understand so I left. I gave up my crown to my brother. Who would want to be a king? The burden it placed on me was the heaviest thing I've carried."

"Why didn't you fight for her?" You ask. "Why didn't you make things right?"
    "Because I couldn't! I was ashamed of the person I had become. A war lord with the blood of my enemies fueling my fame! But one day..." He pauses lifting the leather book and gingerly placing the photograph in between its pages.
    "One day. When I can look into the mirror and not see a monster returning my gaze. Maybe then I'll be worthy of her forgiveness."

Last edited by Anza on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orbiting » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:24 am

ImageImage Image

username;; Loading...
kalon name;; Titus Kalama
kalon gender;; Male

"Hey, Titus, where'd those scars come from?"
His scars. A subject he'd been questioned about again and again. He hoped, giving a simple answer, that he wouldn't be pressed more.
"In a war." he replied, sincerly hoping no further inquires would come from his blue companion.
But they would. They always did.
"A war? Are you serious? You were in a war? Can you tell me about it?" Leith asked. Titus looked him in the face; his mouth was draped open like a fool, cerulean blue eyes shining like stars.
"I don't..."
What? What was he doing? Never had be been this short on words before- atleast, not when it came to the war. He stumbled like an imbecile, trying to find the right words. They'd always been there before, but now, gazing into Leith's eyes intensely, he couldn't find them. He couldn't... what?
"Titus? You alive?" Leith questioned in fear.
"You alive?" Titus questioned, trembling in horror. He stared at his friend's still body, the echoes of bombshells and gunshots ringing out around him.
"Please.. please..."
Titus's heart pulsed as he neared the Kalon's back, before promptly pushing him over, gasping in shock.
For the next ten minutes, he stared at the Kalon's deceased corpse. His eyes, once bright and round with determination, were cold and still. Blood, both dried and wet, clung to his friend's fur like weeds. The useless gun, who hadn't been useful enough to fire a single shot, still lay clenched in his fist.
Hot tears cascaded down Titus's tortured face, leaving moist lines down his cheeks that were stained with dirt and blood.
"You've got to get up Titus! It's just one death! You can't be so still and helpless, not now! The more you don't fight, the more Kalons that die!"
Titus heard the soldier's words but didn't acknowledge them. He was in hell, and he knew it. The swirling fire around him. The screams and horror of innocent people surrounding the bloody battlefield.
"Please Titus! We need you!"

"Titus? Are you alright?"
Titus took in great gasps of shock. Flashbacks were not uncommon, but this one.. this one..
"Titus!" Leith cried, shaking him slightly.
Titus turned away. He was back- he wasn't fighting anymore. He was safe here with Leith despite the Kalon's ignorance. He was fine.
But he wasn't fine. He was angry- very angry.
"Why did you have to ask me something like that?" Titus yelled, earning quite the jump from Leith.
"Ti, I-"
"Don't you dare! You think I liked the war? Killing people, shooting them, stabbing them? You think that was fun for me? You think I live my life, proud of the scars I earn that serve as a constant reminder that I'm a murderer?"

Leith gasped. "No! I didn't mean it! Please, cool down!"
Don't stop. He insulted you. He pointed out your scars, he made you see... this is his fault...
"You're so ignorant! I can't stand you - just like all the rest! No sympathy, no compassion! I... hate you!"
"Titus," Leith said in forlorn and incertitude. "You don't mean that!" He finished.
Yes you do. You hate him. You hate him.

"You're so cruel to me! I hate you!" Titus cried, beating his fists. Tears welled up in his eyes before gliding down his soft, young face.
"You foolish child," his father spat in animosity, "You don't know cruel!"
Titus yelped as his father's hand struck against his face; Titus held in his tears, for they were useless.
"I named you after fire in belief you'd be strong, forceful, merciless- but you're so weak. My only son, an idiot!"
Titus had been called names by his father time and time again, but this time, it stung harder than a knife. He truly was an idiot.
"If only," his father said, casting a glance towards the large mural of two Kalons engaged in a furious battle. He watched as his father, sighing and muttering incoherently, walked away.

"Titus!"
Titus inhaled. His breath returned to him in quick, short gasps as Leith slowly released the grip he had on Titus's shoulders.
"I'm sorry," Titus finally let the words slip from his mouth.
Leith shook his head in concern. "What was that?" he questioned.
"A- a flashback." Titus lowered his head, shaking it slightly.
"Flashback? You suffer from flashbacks?"
"PTSD," said Titus quietly, closing his eyes as relief washed over him.
"You.. you've got-" Leith paused to gasp. "Forgive me, Titus, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have egged you on, I know that now, I wish-"
"You're fine," Titus gave a small smile. "Can we go, now?"
"Of course."
Last edited by orbiting on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

not on here much anymore but to reminisce,
if we've ever interacted in the slightest, thank you for kind memories,
i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:26 am

res
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf ;; » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:00 am

username;;
wolf ;;
kalon name;;
Hunter
kalon gender;;
male
Tap...tap...tap
The moon glistened down, casting a dark, seemingly never ending shadow across the plains. The only light source came from the moon itself, and a torch held by a tall figure. He seemed to be heading home, after a long day of hunting for food and trading it off...trading again for actual edible food...but unfortunately, today, he had not been so successful.
"Well, this food should last us until tomorrow night, at least."
He was muttering to himself, keeping quietly as the he looked ahead, watching a shape come into views, a cabin. His home. Deeming that it was safe, he sped up, going faster, the grass rustling as he reached the entrance with long strides. But...
Something wasn't right.
He put his hand on the doorbell, ears flicking back as he heard voices inside...no...had they found them?

He flung the door open to be encountered with three tall figures, snarling and growling, standing over a much smaller one, who was crying, her sobs soft...but they hurt Hunter's ears.
"Ah look here boys, looks like he showed up himself, eh?" One of the other kalons cackled. "Your little...liability here was telling us you weren't in the area, guess you proved her wrong."
"I t-tried to get them to l-leave."
"Unhand my sister now, she has nothing to do with the deal."
That caused the three to laugh. "Ah, she does now. You didn't keep your end of the trade...we would only provide for you if you gave us our monthly supplies, which you never did...you ran, and after two years, finally."
"I'm not going back to him...your leader or whatever can leave me be, leave us be...we can protect ourselves."

"That's not the point...you refused and broke our deal, so we have to talk a little...fee, if that's what you call it."
They were eyeing the smaller kalon who was in full tears, and Hunter growled...before he swung a fist at the closest kalon...no one was going to take his sister.
Unfortunately, due to the numbers, they soon overpowered the enraged Hunter, pinning him to the ground, one guarding his sister to make sure she didn't somehow get the guts to help.
"You put up a fight...but we're leaving with her, you can't stop us."
"I'll sure try! She can't go with you, she's all I have left!"
Hunter struggled more, biting one of the unknown kalons, who growled in return, getting their dagger and flicking it over his eye, causing his to flinch and cry out in pain...that hurt.
"You're exhausted, injured...you can't take us on." One kalon said. "You'll never be seeing her again."

Hunter flicked his ears back, and could only yelp as something hit him in the head, his gaze turning black...by the time he woke, he was alone, surrounded in flames.
He was able to escape, able to follow the trail in circles...but he swore to himself, his promise many years ago, the one he made to his parents.
He would find his sister.
He would protect her, with his life.
He would fight.
Last edited by wolf ;; on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chvbby » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:02 am

username;;
kalon name;;
kalon gender;; female

Ress with fighting over a female kalon
this account now belongs to a friend,, help him he's a newbie
chvbby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby widow. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:10 pm

Username ;; Enchantress

Kalon name ;; Tatsu Sen

kalon gender ;; Female
a time they had to fight for something ;;
Tatsu wrote:Story here
Last edited by widow. on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
widow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyChinaAru » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:42 pm

username;; LadyChinaAru
kalon name;;
Huojin ( Chinese name meaning "fire god" or "fire metal." )
kalon gender;; Male
Huojin and his family can from a nation that was going through a civil war. The people were divider into two groups those with the reigning Lord of the land or the rebels who wished for change. Huojin and his family ran a simple metal work and black smith in their little village, the last place the war hadn't touched. His father Jin-ho and him were very close,and he was his apprentice.
One day a group of young kalon's commissioned a large amout of swords and other weapons to be made. and they were willing to pay alot for the weapons to be made fast. The family had never been offerd that much money for just one commission, his father was a little concerns about his family's well-being but he knew they needed the money and accepted the job and he and Houjin got to work. The got the weapons made quickly and the group of kalon's even thanked them for their work and skills. After the left his mother and sister when to the market to get some food to make a special supper to celebrate the occasion.
A few weeks after while the another group of Kalon's came but they were different from the last. They war armor with the Lord's crest on it and road horse. one of the men jumped down and walked towards the shop, he was a stern looking kalon with many scars visible and a different helmet then the others in the group. Jin-ho told his familt to wait inside while he spoke with them and asked Houjin to protect his mother and sister. Houjin nodded to his father and watched him go. Jin-ho greeted the men kindly and asked what they needed, the stern kalon asked if they had seen a group of kalon's pass by and if they asked for anything. His father said yes and told them they commissioned some things from him. The stern kalon looked very upset hearing this and asked if they commissioned weapons and his father said yes, as he was not the kind of kalon to lie. The stern kalon pulled out his sword and told his father they were rebels an anyone caught helping them was sentenced to death. His father stood their with a clam face while his mother gasped and his sister looked confused and worried. Houjin's eyes widen in fear for his father, he looked at him expecting him to do or say something. His father only stated he did what he though was right for his family, and with one swift move the stern kalon had put a deep slash in his father's chest. Houjin yelled and rushed at the kalon in rage at what he'd seen, his mother tried to stop him but she was too late and she hugged her daughter close while yelling her son's name.
Befor Houjin could blink the stern kalon had given him several slashes one to his eye, one on his arm and two on his back. Houjin cried out in pain and fell lying next to his dying father. The kalons left and the stern one stated that next time he wont be so kind. His mother rushed over to her son and husband sobbing. Houjin looked at his father full of fear and confusion, why would they do this, What did his faimly do wrong? He though, his father looked at his family and smiled his wife and daughter crying and his son with tears in his eyes. He told his wife everything was ok and to not call a doctor for him as as the wound was too deep and his daughter not to cry, he looked at Houjin and asked him to take care of his mother and sister. Houjin nodded tears falling down his face, his father also asked him to also be kind to others no matter who they are and with those final words his father had passed. Houjin sobbed loudly, still in pain physical but now also emotionally. He wanted to kill them for what they had done to his family, he wanted revenge for his father's death. He was getting up to go father them but then he remembered his father had asked him to take care of his mother and sister. He knew if something happened to him or if he'd left they'd be unable to survive without him providing for them. He then knew he'd had to push aside his feelings for now and take care of them, for his father..
His mother quickly got the doctor for her son, as she didn't want to lose him as well and they had already wasted so much time.
Houjin recovered well but he had gotten colder towards the war and towards the lord, how could they do this to his family, how could they kill his father who was such a kind kalon. He had to take over his father's place to provide for his family and now with the war finally reaching them he was constantly working. The villagers were terrified and many had asked for him to make them weapons for protection, he even made himself a sword for his and his families protection. He still works to this day but thankfully the war is almost to an end but Houjin could never forget what had happened to his family and what the war had done to his home. But he has fought his urge for revenge for his father's death but still holds a deep hatred for the lord and his men.

Last edited by LadyChinaAru on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me