Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fetalis - BIG UPDATE! by Tundra

Artist Tundra [gallery]
Time spent 16 hours, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 14
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fetalis - BIG UPDATE!

Postby Tundra » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:52 pm

BIG update! See below for more info info!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬¤۞¤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

- Main Adopts - Fanclub - Species info - Journeys and Trials - Junk and Treasures -

Major update!

Hello all! for those that actually remember this species from way back in the day. I'm happy to announce its back in the works! This time with new features and a massive overhaul to the systems of old. But, there is a catch, in the sense it will no longer be hosted here on chickensmoothie, bit rather over on Deviant art.
Whats changing you say? Well the group is offically being turned into an ARPG(Art Role Playing Game) meaning, you draw your imports and get rewards for doing so!. There will be several events, activities even breeding systems! So come watch its development on the discord! Link seen here!
THis is all of your chance to help in its development as well! Got some ideas! throw them at me! Everything is there come see!

What is retained
Anyone who owned a Fetalis before will get to keep their Fetalis, its known as a Vanguard geno from this point forward. It will be assigned a set of genetics and be imported over to the new group. IF you do not wish this to happen, please do let me know either on the discord OR over CS dm's please.
Items and Leaves counts

What has changed
Fetalis is no longer the only species, there is an Equine species as well named Equus!
The lore for the world is completely different, no longer space travelers. Humanoids are no longer even a concept to them.
Genetics - this is the largest change, but all vanguard genos do get to retain their designs without any changes to their designs.
New fun activities to do beyond just events! Aka, incentive to develop your characters!

News and Updates!
October 6th - announcement!
July 24th - Species concept thought of and details hashed out
August 4th - Character thread created to compile all ideas into one thread
August 26th - Lineart created
August 28th - OFFICIALLY OPEN TO POSTS
November 2nd and 7th - Updates made, and Surveys posted

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬¤Rules¤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1. The max number of fetalis is 5
one can own will always be equal to the number I own. If I create a new one, the max will go up. This is mostly because I like to keep things equal with all the members of the community, even if it is my own species.

2. customs will not count towards your final total
Custom fetalis don't have a number in the community, thus don't count against a user who owns one. They do however have their custom number. Normal and Event Adopts do count towards your final total of 5 Fetalis.

Edited Nov/7th/2016 - 3. Sabers are property of the species, and will be re-adopted if no activity is seen with them for a year.
All sabers will have a restriction on them that that CAN be taken away if something is not done with them after their adoption for up to 1 year. Activity will be either participation in events, or doing art/stat updates, posting on the fan club etc. It doesn't require much other then a post somewhere etc to be considered active.

4. Sabers will not remain with their adopter if the user is banned from the species
The only exception to this when the user has created a custom. You designed it, you get to keep it, and it will be removed from the community accordingly. A user has the option however to gift sabers upon being banned.

Edited Nov/7th/2016 - 5. You may enter for multiple Fetalis in one given adoption month
You however are only able to win one fetalis in an adoption month. I suggest however that you focus on one rather then multiple for overall best quality.

6. You may only win 1 fetalis every 2 months.
After winning a fetalis, you will have to wait 1 month to try for another unless you purchase an item that allows you to claim a fetalis, or a fire shard(removes the adopt cool down time).

7. Harassment and breaking of Chicken smoothies TOS results in warnings, 3 warnings is a ban from the species.
However, warnings do fade after 1 years time. I don't hold grudges against users, and I don't want you all to feel harassed just because you made mistakes you regret. A banned user can not return however, and I ban by user ID.

Last edited by Tundra on Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:35 am, edited 35 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Current Adopts and Artist Info

Postby Tundra » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:43 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬¤Full Time Artists¤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
----------------
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬¤Ghost Artist¤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
--------------------

Post this in All adopts, 1st post!

Info here is for all artists to post with their adopts, users who get customs are also required to post this in the first post of their fetalis and stats are randomized by me or another co-owner at time of creation. I will never fudge base stats. Modified stats always have a strike though them if the mod/artist feels the stat is too low compared to others.

Adopts are judged on these key points. Try and meet these points for best overall score
Note: This is how Tundra judges, this MAY not be the same for other artists
Name : Making this fit the personality and story gets you best possible score.
Personality: Post positive, neutral and negative traits for best overall score here
Story/History: Portray the personality within the story in some way for best overall score
Items: creativity and design for best overall score
Extras: Can be as much as you want, the more you add, the larger pool of points can be gained here. Extras should always be neatly listed somewhere on the form.

Code: Select all
[center][img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/763e/f/2016/246/b/d/fetalis_banner_copy_by_ootundraoo-dage8hj.png[/img]

[size=150]- [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3167447][i]Main Adopts[/i][/url] - [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3173364]Fanclub[/url] - [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3144122]Species info[/url] - [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3172372]Journeys and Trials[/url][/size]

Hello and welcome to Fetalis adopt #(number here)! To be eligible to adopt this lovely design, you must mark the main thread. You must completely fill out the form below accordingly. Effort on forms is required. Fetalis is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply

[color=#FF0000][size=150]Disclaimer:[/size][/color]
Starting stats are randomly determined by random.org with a random roll of 1-100 unless specified otherwise. Event fetalis base stats will be randomly chosen with a roll of 1-150.[/center]

[b][/b][size=150]Edits: [/size]
[quote][b]Very Common[/b]

[b]Common: [/b]

[b]Uncommon:[/b]

[b]Rare:[/b]

[b]Mythical[/b]
[/quote]

Base stats:
DO NOT FUDGE THESE STATS! if you want one to be higher, just state its base, and what you changed it to. Strength is an example. P: Delete this text
[quote]Vitality - 1-100 Random.Org
Strength - 9 - BY THE POWER OF *smacked* +10 because I can!  - 19
Agility - 1-100 Random.Org
Charisma - 1-100 Random.Org
Potency - 1-100 Random.Org
[/quote]

[color=#FF0000]Art is NOT a requirement, just focus on building your fetalis's footing in this world. Fill this form out to the best of your ability![/color]
[center][code][b]Username and User ID!:[/b] (The ID is so one can find you AFTER you might have a name change)
[b]Fetalis Name: [/b] (make it fit the story and personality for best score possible)
[b]Stat Point Spread:[/b] (Choose 100 points to spread between the stats according to your liking. YOu have the option to add 0 to a stat, or all 100 into one stat.)
[quote]Vitality -
Strength -
Agility -
Charisma -
Potency -
Total stats added: 100[/quote]
[b]Gender: [/b] (Determined by artist, CAN be gender neutral, but is unable to breed)
[b]Element:[/b] (Determined by artist unless otherwise stated)
Specialties:[b][/b]( leadership, warrior, hunter, gatherer, medic, Place the details where you feel the fit, no more then 2 in each section)
[list]Strongest:
Average:
Weakest:[/list]
[b]Personality:[/b] (One word without explanation is all that is needed. Feel free to delve deeper though)
[b]Items:[/b] (Anything you can think of, but a max of 3 items. Items can NOT be a full armor, but small armor bits are allowed.)
[b]History/Story:[/b] (Minimum 350 words. However, the longer, the better. I want to know this Fetalis by the end lol)
[b]Extras:[/b] (Extras can be anything, but try and get at least 2 in there. Art, no matter how much you make is considered 1 Extra)[/code]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬¤۞¤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/center]

Edited 10/16/2016
Very Common Mutations/Traits
ALL Fetalis have one or more of these mutations. Please include at least one in your adopts when designing
Very Common mutations consist of horns, antlers, fur edits and mane edits, nothing else falls into this category.

Common Mutations/Traits
Any bodily mutations such as tail edits, spikes, wings, toes, eyes etc. Things such as raptor claws, or physical edits to the body in any way for an example. (Not included here is all mutation listed below)

Uncommon Traits
Furred Dragon Tail (Chinese Dragon)
Scaled Dragon Tail ()
Hybrid wings (Mix of 2 or more types)
Multiple sets of Eyes
Additional limbs

Rare Traits
More then one Head
No Mutations
Bladed Long Tail(Restricted to the Royal Line)(Odysseus and Byron are royal bloods)
Elemental traits(flames, Plasma etc.)

Mystical Mutations
ALL mystical mutations are restricted to special adopts etc, This is up to the co-owners and me if an adopt apears with these mutations
-Extra Elements - Common in NPC's, unheard of in any other without the wings.
-More then 2 wings

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬¤OPEN ADOPTS¤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Updated 10/30/2016
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬¤RE-ADOPTS¤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
None ATM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬¤FUTURE ADOPTS¤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
(adopts featured here didn't have any complete forms and came to a close without a winner. They will be adopted out again at a later date. This is here to remind me, and the other mods that they still need homes)
ImageImage
Last edited by Tundra on Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information - Stat System - Updated 10/30/16

Postby Tundra » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Stats
And Most of the info about them - Check out Journeys and Trials for more info!
The 10/30 update was to clean up, and edit what stats mean. Major edits on Agility and Charisma.
Many of you may have noticed each fetalis is released with a base stat sets, with the base 100 starter package a user can assign to any stat they wish. These stats are used for various things depending on the event in which you are participating in. Each saber can reach a max of 400 stat points per stat, and an overall gain of 1100 points gained though various ways. If there are multiple Fetalis reaching the cap, it will be increased accordingly to fit the needs of the community.

I want to make it clear to everyone that you do not have to use the stats system at all. You can choose to not even delve into it if you just want to focus on your fetalis. Stats are just a fun little thing that people can do, and hopefully encourage people to interact with their fetalis.

It may be beneficial to use a fetalis in events, but it is no longer required to have one or use one in Search events. You do however still need one for battle events. A user may search without a fetalis 2 times per day.

- Updated - Vitality - Fetalis who have high vitality are known to endure things far better then those who vitality is lower. This meaning, a fetalis with high Vitality gains additional searches and attacks per day depending on the value in the vitality stat. Starting at 3 searches per day when a fetalis is used, and maxing out at 5 times a day with a maxed out stat.
In both attack and search events.
1- 200 = 1 more searches/attacks, 200 - 399 = 2 more searches/attacks, 400 = 3 more searches/attacks

- Updated - Strength - All search events have a 5% chance of finding items. However! a fetalis who has high strength has a higher chance of finding additional basic items in search events. In attack events, this saber deals more damage equal to the strength stat, this in combo with a high vitality and good agility can be quite a boon to a fetalis.
Search events :1- 200 = 1% increase of finding additional items, 200 - 399 = 3% increase, 400 = 5% increase
Attack Event: The higher the stat, the more damage dealt to the subject in the attack event

- Updated - Agility(Formally Defense) - Agility is just that, how fast the Fetalis can move. A Fetalis with a higher agility can attack first in battle and guarantee damage to the opponent. The higher the stat, the more chance of hitting the opponent first before any damage is even dealt! In the case of a battle against a boss, if the stat is more then 50 above the bosses agility, there is no chance the fetalis will not find the boss. In search events, they have a higher chance of finding Full custom shards(4 needed). Full customs can have as many Rare edits as the user wants and so on etc. Mythical Edits are NOT available in customs unless bought from the shop.

Search Event: 1 - 200 = 1% chance of finding one (of a roll of 1-100, you have to roll a 1), 200-399 = 3% chance of finding one (have to roll 1-3) 400 = 5% *(have to roll 1-5)
Attack Events: Depending on the value of the stat determines if the fetalis attacks first, or after, or has a miss chance.

- Updated - Charisma - (Formally Endurance/Stamina) Higher the stat here is, the higher chance of finding semi custom tokens! Semi customs from events can have 1 Rare edit OR 2 uncommon edits w/ unlimited common and very common edits. Another benefit unrelated to events is, more charisma = more cubs when breeding. There is no current use for charisma in battle/attack events. PERHAPS later on, but not now.
Unrelated to event: 1-200 = 2 cubs, 200-399 - 3 cubs, 400 = 4 cubs (UNLESS a Aether Root is used!)
Search Event : 1 - 200 = 1% chance of finding one (of a roll of 1-100, you have to roll a 1), 200-399 = 3% chance of finding one (have to roll a 1-3) 400 = 5% *(have to roll a 1-5)
Attack Event: Not used

- Updated - Potency - Stage one of battle events uses potency over strength when dealing damage to the target in question. So, basically, the higher the potency, the higher the damage. This in combo with a high vitality and good agility can be quite a boon to a fetalis. Its no different then strength other than, when the fetalis in question is used, it has the chance of going primal. In search events, all effects from other stats are doubled! In battle events, Primal fetalis gain +30 potency, and +10 strength as the power of their magic flowing strongly though their form. After 3-4 event days the fetalis returns to normal(Unless Ursarine Tears are used to permanently keep them in their Primal Form ).
Search events :1- 200 = 15% chance of obtaining primal form, 200 - 399 = 25% chance, 400 = 50% chance
Attack Event: The higher the stat, the more damage dealt in stage one of the battle events

Last edited by Tundra on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

Postby Tundra » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Breeding info to come soon
LGBT is a thing here, I have nothing against it - Cubs are obtainable though a unique are rare ritual that "creates" 2 cubs max for these pairs though. They are born via crystals oddly enough.

A Fetalis can breed as many times as it wants, but never more then once with one fetalis. This might be waved later on.
Last edited by Tundra on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fetalis Reference Sheet - NO POSTING!

Postby Tundra » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:18 pm

reserved
Last edited by Tundra on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fetalis Reference Sheet - NO POSTING!

Postby Tundra » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Reserved
Last edited by Tundra on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fetalis Reference Sheet - Posting OPEN

Postby Tundra » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:30 pm

POsting open now! Still a WIP i have to format stuff still. But anyone can mark ask questions and stuffs like that now.

Survey
I have been trying to think of something that would encourage users to be active. That would be, much like pokemon a stat system. The core stats being Vitality, Strength, Defense, Stamina, Potency(related to their magic)
Users would be given 100 points to separate between all those stats as a starter stat set. All stats start with 10 points no matter where you place stats. The max amount of stat points one individual saber can gain is 1k, making it 1150 stat points. Each fetalis can have a max of 400 points in one stat. So, you can have 400 in 2 stats if you focus on that stat. IF people like this idea, I will work out ways to gain stats. All of this being for fun atm, BUT, and this is a big thing. Higher stat sabers may have a chance of finding rare items, unique things that help in future adoptions. But this has yet to be determined.

Ended up incorporating this into the species. Thanks for all the incite!
Last edited by Tundra on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Phantom » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:10 am

I like that idea ^_^ You could also have separate stats to do with possibly digging for items or forging armor if that's something they wear? There could also be another 'skill' or stat that if increased the chances of them finding and or fighting another Fetalis, it could give the person a first chance to adopt another Fetalis :)

Will be following these guys! You've done an awesome job!!
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
~Phantom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:58 am

Hmm, I like the idea of having a higher chance at finding items via events, but this will be an issue for users who are new and don't have that advantage. Items in themselves are personally designed, all sabers have items of some sort. I think I might use the stats in events that are kill this creature etc, making it more interactive for users.
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Veridis home of The Fetalis - Posting Open - SURVEY

Postby paradise, » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:04 am

marking c:
paradise,