Based on Click to view
Artist Kenn [gallery]
Time spent 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #489

Postby Kenn » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:00 am

Kalons -- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

This Kalons looking a bit wild, don't you think? The patterns are a mix between a tiger and a snow leopard. To win this cutie write about one of the adventures they've gone on! You have 800 words(this is a soft limit if. You can go over a few to finish your sentence(s))! And to mix it up a bit give me a playlist to go along with their story!

Standard Hair Edit
Teeth Edit

Code: Select all
Username:
Name;
Playlist:

Due Date: August 24th
art by Squalo
To Do
-Hellyboo
-articlights
-recklessgod

Tell me if I forget to pay you! I order a dozen comms a week and I forget sometimes
Kenn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #489

Postby Blackbirds » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:01 am

mark!
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blackbirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rockosaur » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:09 am

ress<3

╭────✰────╮
hi I'm rocko!
Any pronouns are fine
Shoot me a pm if you
need/want to talk!
I'm generally not very active
╰────✰────╯
╭────✰────╮
Art shop
Custom (base) design shop
open for USD only
╰────✰────╯
rockosaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unluckythursday » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:13 am

possible res
i've been on this hellsite for way too long
unluckythursday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:47 am

missed the end date...
Last edited by Anza on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prejudiceu » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:59 am

looks like i'm gonna have to miss out on this one since I don't have enough time.
good luck to everyone though! <3
Last edited by prejudiceu on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x
┌────────────┐

female | INFJ
she/her | england | taurus
status - at home!
pms/trades open!
© 'icon 'listo 'kals

└────────────┘
prejudiceu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jayus » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 am

Username:
Name;
Playlist:

start with dead skunk in the middle of the road
jayus
jayus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roadhog » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:43 am

Username:
Vermillion
Name;Mandy
Story; (800 word limit)
"Are you sure we're gonna do this?" Mandy murmured hesitantly. Her friends insisted that they buy "Bus 11" at their old school's sale. They'd each pitch in their savings to buy the bus, then came the fun part. Decorating the inside, and travelling like all of them dreamed of ever since their childhood. No worries at all, driving on the open road, and some besties bonding.
Playlist:
Last edited by Roadhog on Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not accepting pms right now unless I add you to my friends list.
finally quitting. I've told myself I'll quit soon, and I never did, but I finally feel like I should quit. Still keeping my characters/deviantart though. I've wanted to quit for a long long time, but I'm doing it.
Nobody on here talks with me , is friends, and I try to chat on the FR thread but nobody responds much.
Quitting CS and flightrising.

All my fr dragons/stuff went to one of my real life best friends, so don't ask for my FR stuff.
Roadhog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vympyre » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:00 am

username , toadkind
      name , Aio - shortened verion of the name of the greek god of the winds, means quick-moving and nimble
      gender , male
      story , Two kalons stood on either side of a fruit stand, one being a merchant and the other their customer. The sunlight had just begun to bleed through the tall buildings of the bay-side town. The customer, Aio, studied his surroundings, distracting the young merchant with small talk and a charming smile, slipping a few of the fresh fruits into his satchel while they were distracted. When the food was safely tucked inside his satchel, Aio flashed an apologetic smile and said "oh, i seem to have forgotten my money. i'll just be on my way then!", before he quickly scuttled off to a nearby alleyway, leaving the merchant staring after him with a look of confusion.

When Aio was mostly hidden from sight, he pulled an orange from his satchel, delicately peeling back the skin and taking a bite of the fresh fruit. 'Yum', the young kalon thought, smiling to himself. Aio sat in the shade of the building eating stolen fruits from the the stand, until his momentary satisfaction was interrupted by a shrill voice, angrily shouting "there he is! the kalon that stole my fruit!" The young kalon's eyes widened, and he quickly looked around and spotted the merchant and an officer, who was now approaching him. Running was beginning to feel routine for Aio; he had grown accustomed to weaving his way through the streets of the bay-side city. He was known by all officers as a notorious troublemaker, but thanks to his experience and speed, he has not yet been caught. Quickly, Aio gathered his satchel and ran in the opposite direction of the officer, his eyes darting around in an attempt to locate a hiding spot. As he escaped to the docks, the police officer close behind, Aio spotted a seemingly unattended vessel at the end of the docking pier. in big, bold letters, the side of the ship read 'Mahi Mahi', and it looked deserted, albeit clean and well-loved. 'The perfect hiding place', the young kalon thought, climbing onto the boat before the trailing officer could notice. Feeling safe from danger, Aio made his way down to the storage unit of the ship, intending to hide away for a bit longer before he made his escape. Instead, as he curled up with his satchel among the sacks of who-knows-what, the kalon drifted off into a light morning nap, the last thing he heard before drifting off being a faint voice as it approached the vessel.

Aio woke to the face of a curious, confused-looking young kalon looking over him. Aio spluttered in surprise, backing further into the sacks he had rested on, as the other creature moved closer. "Who are you, and what are you doing on my ship?", the stranger asked in a stubborn, commanding voice. Aio squinted at the owner of the ship, his eyes darting around him until he found the exit. "Oh!", Aio began, feigning innocence, "This is your ship? Sorry, I must have made a mistake!" The ship owner gave him a strange look, muttering "if you mean to leave, you're out of luck. we're far away from the docks. You'll have to withstand the voyage with me." With that, the kalon turned and disappeared, leaving Aio alone with his racing thoughts.

Later, Aio joined the ship owner on the deck, whose name Aio found out was Noor. He caught himself enjoying the voyage, especially how the breeze felt ruffling his fur. He even felt reluctant and disappointed as the boat slowed to a stop at the island Noor claimed to own. The young kalon reluctantly departed the boat, but no matter how many wonders of the island Noor was willing to show him, Aio only felt the need to feel the breeze he felt out on the water, and as well as he ran through the streets back at home. He eventually retired for the night in a small wooden structure Noor had showed him to rest him, but his mind refused to cease racing with thoughts and ideas. Eventually, in the early hours of the morning, the thoughts halted as he realized what he needed to do.

The next morning, he woke up before sunrise, stripping apart the small structure and forming a raft with the wood. He collected fruits from nearby trees, stuffing them into his satchel. The sun was just beginning to rise as he pushed his raft out onto the water, immediately feeling more comfortable. As the island grew farther and farther away, Aio smiled to himself, feeling as if he were always on the run. He may have found a friend in Noor, but his true friend was the wind, and the earth, one that could not be compared. Sailing, he felt free, happy to have the wind carding through his fur once more.
      playlist , 1. One Jump Ahead // Aladdin the Musical
      ............ 2. Trouble // Imagine Dragons
      ............ 3. Life In Color // One Republic
      ............ 4. This Is The Life // Two Door Cinema Club
      ............ 5. Mountain Sound // Of Monsters And Men

(word count: 801)
      author's note: Noor belongs to shadow9119
      pixel credit: x
Last edited by vympyre on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
vympyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikachuTori25 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:12 am

Username:
Name;