Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Conoraptor Adopts - Open by Evils

Based on Click to view
Artist Evils [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Evils

Conoraptor Adopts - Open

Postby Evils » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:47 am

Conoraptors
Main Adopts | Archive | Nursery | Customs
--------

Rules
•Be polite! I want everyone to feel respected and welcomed.
•Do NOT claim or steal a Conoraptor that is not yours.
•Please don't whine if you do not get your way.
•You may NOT sell you Conoraptor, but you may trade it, if you do so, please tell me who you are trading with and who you are both trading. You may also put them up for re-adoption, but please tell me so I can watch the re-adoption and fix the archives once it's over.
•You may gift your Conoraptor, but please tell me who you are gifting them to.
•Please follow all of CS and Tess's rules.
•Designs are NOT allowed to be transferred to other species, they must stay on Conoraptors. If a design is seen on a different species, please contact me and that user will be promptly banned from Conoraptors.
•You may give your Conoraptors powers, but only in an au kind of sense since it isn't possible within the species, but I want the community to have some fun. Please keep the powers reasonable, and since the powers aren't real, you may NOT add the power to their ref, and it will NOT pass down to their offspring. *no shape-shifting allowed.*
•You may own as many Conoraptors as you'd like!

--------

Species Info
Conoraptors are a large, feathered reptilian creature that can easily adapt to nearly any environment; They are better in cool and humid climates, but have been known to adapt to hot and even freezing conditions.
---
They always have clawed back feet, but can occasionally be seen without the front talons. These talons have lead scientists to believe they are closely related to Velociraptors. They are capable of standing on their hind legs and can even walk upright, though it takes years of practice for one to walk properly. Their hands are similar to humans seeing they do not have paw pads (though the fingers are thicker and nubbier like a wolves), they are, however, capable of withstanding rough and sharp rocks and terrains. Seeing the similarities of their hands with humans, they can also pick things up thanks to their opposable thumbs. Even their back paws have opposable thumb-like appendages that move to help cling onto rocks, trees, and flat material. Having small hind feet allows for them to perch on small branches or rocky cliffs, the talons on their thumbs allows for extra gripping support.
---
They are highly intelligent creatures that can understand most languages if taught to them, they are quick to learn tasks and some are even known to have learned how to pick locks and use sharp tools to make traps. They communicate through hisses, squeaks, squawks, purrs, and all sorts of noises. Thanks to their flexible vocal chords, some can even mimic other animals and even human languages to communicate.
---
They have large ears to help them hear, the odd shape allows only for showing off as scientists can't seem to find a true use for the unusual shape, though some speculate it's to help them hear when swimming.
---
The long, feathered tails are used to help them run, while they can get in the way when trying to fit into small spaces, they are extremely helpful when steering and keeping balance while hunting. Conoraptors always have feathered tails, not all look the same, but they always have feathers on both sides and even on the tip, though they can be ripped out due to fights.
---
Conoraptors are mostly carnivores, but some are known to be omnivores. They have sharp, pointed teeth throughout the mouth, and don't really have distinct molars. They have thick, large fangs on the bottom and top of the mouth to help catch and eat prey.
---
Large feathers can be present on any part of the body, though they are always covered in small, soft feathers. Most Conoraptors are seen to have a feathered headset or Mohawk of some sort to help provide dramatization of expression (Feathers can perk up when happy, frill up when mad and flatten down when scared). Most also have feathers lining the arms and a neck crown of feathers.
---
Size can range from 5'' to 8'' on all fours, while height can very from 7'' to 12'' on hind legs only.
---
They are assigned genders at birth, whether it be male or female, but can identify as any gender. They can have any sexuality as *yay for magical species* they are able to breed with any gender, even those of the same biological gender.

--------
Rarity
There is no rarity. While there can be mutations in the species, it is common to see vast comparisons within the community. So with this, there is not set rarity system.
(There are some things that aren't commonly seen within the species such as gills, wings, actual powers, and two tails to name a few)
Last edited by Evils on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Conoraptor Adopts - WIP

Postby AustrianAce » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:33 am

mark <3
AustrianAce | She/her | Aspiring Veterinarian | Alpine Aces Kennels
ImageImage

AustrianAce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annaebell » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:01 pm

Totaly marking
These look so cool!
annaebell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rockosaur » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:22 am

Mark thwy looks so amazing~!

╭────✰────╮
hi I'm rocko!
Any pronouns are fine
Shoot me a pm if you
need/want to talk!
I'm generally not very active
╰────✰────╯
╭────✰────╮
Art shop
Custom (base) design shop
open for USD only
╰────✰────╯
rockosaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:24 am

*quietly places a mark*
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby she wolf warrior » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:23 am

mark
she wolf warrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nightcrawler. » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:58 am

Those legs r so hot you can fry an egg on them

Mark owo

RabidRhys

Nightcrawler.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Conoraptor Adopts - Open

Postby Evils » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:29 am

Conoraptors are now open!
While everything is still a wip, adopts are going to be posted while I work on everything. c:
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:39 am

First adopt is up!! c:
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KarKat Vantas ♋ » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:25 pm

These look cool diddly, yo!
KarKat Vantas ♋