Time spent 2 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by broken*

#74 semi special adopt - Open

Postby starry--knight » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    || Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors || Website ||
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
    This is adopt #74 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

Ok.So..I had planned on this being #75 but I am unable to judge any time soon when it comes top adopts SO here he is now at 74 XD. Lets secretly think hes #75

This Loc has only ONE wing, and unlike most he was born this way. Incorporate this into your story!
    NO he cant fly, and Yes, he is a tracker
    Either 1 piece of art or 1 story is required. No limits on art/writing. No limits on extras. Be creative!
    Armor is a bonus!
    NO reference to Sephiroth in any way in this form, The inspiration for the design was already from him
    He is unable to be claimed with a Claim Token

Code: Select all
    Username:
    L.O.C. Name:
    Element: You Choose
    Personality:
    Art/Story:
    Extras:

Open!
      Will run until TBD, but sometime around June 30th

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #74 semi special adopt - Open

Postby ArizonaT3a » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Username:
Kage the shadow
L.O.C. Name: Yuki
Element: Death??
Personality:
Art/Story:
Extras:

RESERVE!
ArizonaT3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vraska the Unseen » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Reserving. Reserving VERY HARD.
Name: Axel
"I owe you nothing
I've given everything and more
I stand for something
The blood on my hands, the broken bones, I live it
Knife in my back, you can't take it back
Eye for an eye - it's cut and dry
I'll do what I know, reap what I sow
While you're waiting for me to fail
If I fall, if I fall
I'm dragging everybody down
If I fall I will take everybody down"

Pulls feathers from his single wing.
Snaps/grinds
Taps tail/claws to make music
Collects bones
Collects feathers.

Darkness- Element

Dark screen
Shadow Ball
Smoke
Shadow Claw
Dusk Feather

Armor: Lion Hide, Topaz, silver, emeralds, tempered steel.

Caged Bird- Lindsy Sterling
If I fall- Five Finger Death Punch

Elder lion- "Have you no honor? No soul? WHAT HAPPENED TO NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!?"

Axel- "War. That's what happened."

Genesis- Close friend, adoptive sister.
Xeo- Enemy
Lua- Friend
Sol-Friend

Dropping out, only Meddled has been given permission to use things from here.
Last edited by Vraska the Unseen on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Vraska the Unseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:59 pm

So sorely tempted but marking to watch for now. ;w; There's another LoC that's caught my eye as well.
heehee pubbyyy my pupitro
pupperino
pupcup
p
my dog
by shawty!
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:04 pm

Going for it. Reserved

Please don't take deer hide, ivory and feathered armor. Sapphire orbs and jewels too. Silver plates and faux fur

Looking for art and relationships LOTS of them
I can pay in da points c$ and and C's stuff aywas things

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:13 am

I suck at trying for L.O.C. and the competition is just too far ahead. I quit.
Last edited by Queen Vivane on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#74 semi special adopt - Open

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:10 am

-grats to the winner
Last edited by SukarettoYanagi on Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 42 times in total.

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:16 am

════════════════════════════════════════════
"Simply because I cannot fly - I'm looked upon in failure."
════════════════════════════════════════════
User Meddled.
Name Gaines
"Gaines is a name meaning "intelligent or clever man". It comes from earth, from the English language. My name highlights my strengths rather than my weakness, and that's why it was chosen. My name was chosen by my mentor and adoptive father Wernen, and it stuck. I have no clue what my original name was, or even if I had one."

Gender Male
Age 324
Rank Tracker
Wanted Rank Scout, though he knows it's impossible.

By ChaosCheesecake

Song for this section: Dancing on the Light
Element -
My element didn't show up until the last 25 years of my training. I spent so much time learning how to fight that my element is my weaker attack, but I still learned quite a bit from my mentors and from my peers. When I use my element, it can be seen dripping from my mouth in a white goo. I find that it suits my close-combat style perfectly, and does better to protect my head than any helmet can. I like the non-threatening color of my poison because it doesn't look suspicious if I leave it somewhere to help deter followers in the case of a chase. I also have several feathers that I occasionally carry around, all of which are drenched in my poison. The main ways I use it are below.

Weaken; This is the main attack I use to protect my head. Poison drips from my mouth and is deadly to the touch. Lions learn to avoid my head quickly, as touching it can quickly drain their strength and make victory much easier for me.

Infect; This attack takes a toll on me, so I can't use it often. This attack is much like Weaken, but the weakness can spread between lions and cause havoc behind enemy lines if I do it correctly.

Heal; along with poisoning others, I can take the poison from them. I've found this useful on the battlefield, as I can heal friends or help defend another by curing them of the effects of poison.

My skills are still very much unntapped as for training them, so I don't know much about using them. That's why explaining them is nothing special. I'm sure one day I can produce enough poison to cover an area or make projectiles of it, but that's a story for the future.

By Vraska the Unseen

Personality

Gaines is Social, Clingy, unstable. Being abandoned so early in life continues to affect Gaines in that he is always seeking approval, but when left on his own, Gaines gets more and more nervous, and tends to get himself lost after running through the landscape a million times over, in a frenzied haze, and hard to calm down. it also tends to make it hard to get close to him, as he uses his element carelessly when in this state. It's the only time you'll see him like this, completely irrational. He hates this feeling, and will do whatever it takes to not feel like that - including starting fight just to have a companion.

Gaines is a flirt and a show off. Gaining the attention of others is his way of making himself feel better. By using his element and charm he not only gains the attention of the ladies, but also others. It helps to take his mind off the fact that he is missing a wing and makes him feel like he is a normal part of the pride or even on a pedestal of his own. It is all about being in the spotlight and having an audience, an entertaining way of distracting his mind.

Stubborn, fiery, and prideful, Gaines will stick to his goals until the end, and when someone interferes with his focus, he can get angry and quickly start a fight. This can be any goal, from getting somewhere to completing a mission. He will also attack if he's insulted in any way and will fight to win. He'll put on a show as he's fighting, which can be fatal to his fight, but if he does end up on top, he will flaunt it for days. Gaines walks with his head high and wearing a smile, often teasing the lions who've offended him.

Pessimistic, and quick to conclusions. Even if the intentions of another lion were not to harm him or to leave him, he will take it as such and immediately call attention to it. He's easy to offend and quick to retaliate. Oftentimes he'll instigate a fight rather than sort it out, and even when asked to talk it out, will refuse. He seems to enjoy this, but at the same time it makes him even more pessimistic and likely to assume the worst.

History
Song for this section: Song of the Caged Bird

When Gaines was born, his deformity caused prideful parents to shun him and leave him to be found by someone else, or not at all and let him raise himself.
Gaines remembers well running through the landscape, lopsided and clumsy from the wing on his side. He relives it when the dreamworld wishes to lash out at him, and it takes a beating on him. He had come into this world with a feeling of pure terror as he looked for something to hold onto, to ground himself in and found nothing until - the young cub ran into the chest of a much larger lion, who took a step back and looked offended, as if he were some freak. The lion had wings, but unlike the young cub, they had two. Before they could say anything, someone picked the cub up and began to walk away. The scout who the cub had run into moving on, but eyeing him warily.

When the lion had decided they'd gone far enough, he set the cub down gently and pulled him close.
The cub looked up at Wernen and touched tiny paws to his face. He was scared still, and burrowed himself deep into the mane of the older lion.
The lion, Wernen, began to ask him his name and where be came from. When the cub had no answers, he named him and took him home. Werenen decided to name him Gaines in juxtaposition to his own name, which meant reject.
Gaines clung to the lion like glue, due to him being the only lion he knew for certain would take care of him. On their way home, Wernen told Gaines about his sisters, Lillith and Keres, and about where he lived. Gaines listened intently, pressing closer and closer to the older lion's paws for warmth.

Cubhood

As a Cub, Gaines had trouble fitting in and found it immensely difficult to make friends. Most other cubs thought he was inferior, or preferred to tease him. He was bullied to no end, pushed around and called names, and especially messed with in account of his wing. His wing was the main reason he was teased. Not being able to fly made it hard to be seen as an equal to any scout, and the Trackers he trained with always shunned him because he was supposed to be a scout if he had wings.
He found comfort only with Wernen in these times, and they became even closer. Although Wernen had no one to call a father and had also been abandoned, he still knew the cub needed some guidance and helped to train him at home, to work on certain skills.
Eventually, things got so bad in his training class that Gaines asked to leave.
It didn't take them long to find a new teacher. His name was Houdurgan.
Houdurgan taught Gaines how not to fear his wing. Instead of carefully pinning it to his side, he suggested blocking and defending with it. He borrowed some armor from the scout program and modified it to be placed on his wing. Houdurgan would attack and Gaines would block. When Houdurgan was satisfied with this skill, he sent Gaines back to his original trainer, and supervised a few training sessions. After making a few adjustments to his way of being trained, Gaines was allowed to continue training there. His experience became much better, and after a few times of being picked on, the others pretty much just left him alone. What little he'd done with Houdurgan had made him a much fiercer foe than before. Gaines became more confident, and he learned to use his tracking skills to watch for potential attacks and to sort the information received into necessary and unnecessary. He learned much quicker and caught up with the others.
Gaines continued to have a relationship with Houduran, often going to him for help practicing, or often for advice. In Gaines' absence of friends, an older lion taking interest in him is enough for him to treat that lion as a friend.

Gaines discovered his passion for entertaining around the 110th year of his cubhood. He'd been training at the time and was making a show of dodging his opponent and moving before he could react. He realized that the other cubs actually accepted him as he did this, and so he kept on doing it until the teacher got fed up with it and made him actually get along with the battle. Gaines learned that by being loud and calling attention to himself, he could entertain and keep the attention of his peers. He experimented with it awhile, and eventually found himself with some friends. Gaines was still afraid that they'd leave, and if they turned away for any reason he'd often leave what he was doing to herd them back. Jokes and jests even made it so far as to spew off when fighting, entertaining watchers and when he got lucky would distract the opponent to help him in a fight. He only does this, however, when his opponent has done some kind of personal quarrel with Gaines, or others are watching.

Gaines' 200th birthday was celebrated with Wernen and Gene. Though Gaines had other friends and his aunts, Gaines preferred the company of his closest companions. This was rare for him, so he made the best of it by making sure there was plenty of entertainment. When it was time, the mist engulfed him and he transformed. It all happened so fast that Gaines had trouble adjusting to the new body and even fell over. After Gene laughed a little and Wernen helped him up, they all went to get Gaines' new armor.

Early Tracker years

Gaines' first assignment as a tracker came to him pretty fast. Some scouts had spotted an approaching attack and the battle had been won, but several trackers were needed to hunt down the last few rebels before they got back to their base. Gaines volunteered, and he and the others set off. Once the Scouts had briefed them on the circumstances, the Trackers were sent to find the lions. Gaines found one scent pretty quick, and another tracker followed one nearby. They tracked for a long time, much farther than the battlefield. The young lion was getting bored, and began to quietly talk to the other tracker. The tracker didn't say much and slowly got farther away until Gaines was sure he'd interrupt the other male's tracking skills, and went back to the task at paw. Gaines could smell his lion pretty close at this point. The scent was fresh, and he could now tell the Lioness had been injured. Gaines' sent grew so fresh that he had to stop and listen to be sure the lioness wasn't waiting to pounce.
He heard her breathing first, but he didn't actually expect her to jump out and attack him with a big spurt of fire, to which he almost didn't get his wing up in time. His mane got singed and he felt the heat, but the damage was minimal. He turned and attacked with his left paw before she could attack with her element. She quickly recovered and made a go, but couldn't defend herself well due to her injury. After awhile like this, Gaines manages to knock her off her feet, then stands and waits for a scout to get there to pick them up, looking rather proud of himself.

Gaines had many more missions like this one, and eventually found them to be boring. Trackers were needed almost constantly, and there weren't as many of them as there were scouts or pride members, even warriors, so he was always needed, and even though that made him feel good, he also needed some rest. He volunteers for many less now, but still goes out and does his job.

"I have always wondered what it feels like to fly."
My wing[ could be hindering to me if need to engage in battle, or I can use it to my advantage. I chose the latter. My wing, when used in combat, is used as a shield and does well to block elemental attacks when armed. When unarmed, it does get damaged quite easily, and due to this unfortunate circumstance there are feathers singed or even missing. But, aside from that, I keep my wing as perfect and as untouched as possible. Just because I can't fly with it doesn't mean it isn't important.
My wing is useful in other ways, such as to keep myself or another warm. I also tend to gesture with it, and find it useful for flirting with the ladies... heh.
I know that others look at me funny when they see that I have only one wing. Sometimes they ask me about it. I mean, what use is a one-winged lion? I could have been legendary, they say! I could have been this amazing lion, with so much potential. But no, I have a single wing, I must be useless then.
I hate that word, useless.
So instead of dwelling on it, I look to my friends. I know I can be a bit clingy at times, and it can be annoying, but I have found that being in the presence of others relives my sorrow and replaces it with a happiness to be included. Because of this I have found that entertaining others makes me feel even better. I find that others laugh more when I use my quick, in-and-out remarks, or I put on a show of flirting for someone nearby.

Roundtable Rival
Crush Open (Or everyone, if you prefer)
Mate Still Looking
Kits Not yet ~
Kin

Genisis - Gaines met Gene as a cub, when he had wandered a little too far in pursuit of a noise, using his tracking skills. He found the cub talking to herself. At first, Gaines was confused. He'd never seen this before - and it looked a little odd. He moved closer, curious. She turned and growled at him, her back erupting into a dark flame. Gaines was instantly filled with an immense fear, but stood his ground. The cub went to lunge for him but stopped suddenly, and the flames subsided. Her eyes became much more kind, and Gaines knew she was someone else. But how? The Lioness introduced herself as Genesis, and he introduced himself as well. Gaines, upon realizing he was hopelessly lost, asked the cub for help. She successfully helped him back to his group.
Gene said that he could visit her anytime, and Gaines told her he'd like to.
From then on, Gaines and Gene became closer and closer, and he slowly met her other personalities, Lua, Sol, and Xeo(Whom he'd met first). Despite her multiple personalities, Gaines became very, very close to the lioness, and now considers her a sibling. He'd die protecting her, and knows she'd do the same. Well, except Xeo.
Gene herself is considered as a sister to Gaines.

+ Xeo - When Gaines finds that Xeo is out, he's much more cautious and careful. He knows mistakes can cause her to lash out and attack, so if he can he steers clear of her. His opinion on this lioness is simply: say far away, and if you can, run. Gaines met her first of all four personas, and he still remembers her attacking him. She has never shown rmorse for it, even saying she'd do it again and that she hates Gene for stopping her. Gaines also knows that Xeo is the reason for Gene's imprisonment and why he has to now see her in secret, as not to be followed.
Gaines views Xeo as his enemy.

+ Lua - Lua is Gaines' personal favorite among Gen's alter egos. Her sharp mind and easy frustration make teasing her a breeze, and he often flirts with her just to make her uncomfortable. He has a feeling that Lua enjoys his company no less, even though he rarely ever lets up on tormenting her with his flirtatious remarks. However, Gaines also knows that Lua is a good problem solver and will turn to her when he needs help in a situation. He knows not to expect her to help him confront the lion, but when he is unsure if he needs to or not he trusts her judgement. He first met her when he and Gen were playing as cubs, though he doesn't remember when or why. He remembers flowers blooming around Gene, and he saw her eyes change again. Alarmed, Gaines had turned to run just in case, but the new lioness just calmly asked him to stay and sit awhile.
Gaines views Lua as a friend

+ Sol - Gaines gets along well with Sol, mostly due to how sweet she is and how kind. Her independence and flamboyant nature are what draws him mostly to her, as he loves to join in and finds that they quite often end up laughing from something the other did. Being around her is all around fun for the male, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Gaines met Sol on a day when he was being tormented to no end, and sick of it. He didn't care, originally, that Gene had changed again, he just wanted to be close to her. She reassured him and picked him up from the dumps, even offering to march back and attack them herself. Though Gaines denied her the pleasure, he decided he liked this lioness and loves it when she's in control.
Gaines views Sol as a Sister

Wernen - Wernen's biggest influence on Gaines was teaching him not to be angry at his parents. Wernen raised Gaines for his whole life, so it's hard for Gaines to see him as anything but his father. Gaines draws a lot of his friendliness and hard-working nature from the male, and it shows when you see them talking. Though they look nothing like father-son, they sure do act like it. Gaines often seeks him out just to spend time with the pride male and his sisters. He enjoys long talks about the war and how it's going, and Wernen listens to him talk, patiently, then offers him advice.
Gaines is loyal to Wernen as if he were his own father. He loves to joke around with Wernen, and often acts like he is a cub. He tries to make Wernen proud in his work, and will often run to him to tell him he's done something to make him proud. Wernen usually praises him, but Gaines keeps working.

Gaines Views Wernen as a father.

Keres - Aunt figure Although Gaines gets along with Keres, he's also perfectly aware that she is cold and independent, and doesn't like talking to anyone, especially him. For a long time, the two avoided each other, and Gaines found her presence frightening, as she'd often completely dismiss him and he always felt it was because of his wing, or perhaps she didn't like that Wernen had brought home a cub. Any way, Gaines was pretty sure she didn't like him, and so he stayed away from her.
Gaines learned about Keres' cold front when he was a cub. Although he'd learned how to defend himself and make himself liked, Gaines still felt that some of the cubs didn't like him. This was confirmed when they ganged up on him one day after training. Gaines tried to reason with them several ways, by making jokes and all the way down to pleading with them, but they were too mad. There were so many of them, and Gaines couldn't defend himself without his armor. Gaines was scared, really scared, and at his last plea, he heard another voice, this one older and much sharper. Gaines had been cowering under the paws, but he suddenly realized that Keres was the one standing over him now, rather than the cubs. Caught even more off-guard, he'd been afraid that she was helping them until he realized that the cubs were backing off, and Keres was defending him. She denies this to this day, but Gaines feels a lot closer to her now.
Gaines views Keres as an aunt

Lillith - Though Gaines is not particularly close to either aunt, though if he were closer to either one, it would be Lillth. He looks up to her noble spirit, and is much easier to talk to than Keres. Lillith is also independent like Keres, so he finds it hard to truly connect with her. He's seen Lillith fight before, and knows that she can quickly get the upper hand. He asked her once to help him, and she did. It took awhile to figure out how to adjust for his wing, but after a long time she did manage to help him out.
This is the best memory he has with Lillith, and he enjoys using her advice in battle, as it makes him feel closer to her than he really is. He also hopes that she notices, and seeks her approval just as much as he does others, if not more so.

Gaines views Lillith as an aunt

Houdurgan - He was the second mentor that Gaines had, the one who taught him to use his wing to his advantage. Houdurgan often was the only one who could help Gaines work on a move that would involve his wing or special balance to account for it. This extra training often ended with the two talking, and becoming even closer. When Gaines was picked on, Houdurgan was often there, sometimes to get rid of them, and others to just teach him how to do it himself. Houdurgan also continues to help him even though he's out of training.

Friends:
Raven - Gaines likes Raven beacause she is a loyal and caring friend who would never do anything to betray or leave him. Gaines admires her strength and intelligence, and finds her a lovely companion.

Harbringer - Getting in a lot of fights gets Gaines in the healer's den more often than he'd like to admit. Harbringer is often there, and usually barking about him getting hurt and holding up the clinic constantly. Gaines wouldn't consider Harbringer a friend, but he wouldn't consider him an enemy, either. Perhaps in the future, Harbringer could be a friend, but for now the male is just someone he knows.

Tsukiyo Gaines finds this male rubs him the wrong way. He's not a particular fan of he male's attitude, and... well he's kind of on Gaines' list of enemies. Gaines doesn't work well with his brash behavior, as his joking one can easily anger both parties. Gaines steers clear of Tsukiyo, and usually they have no problems.

Left Side
Right side
Thaaaaank you to Shattered Beazt for the armor design!
Just a bit of a side note - this design is based on Killian Jones, not Sephirioth. I actually have no idea who that is. Thanks!
The Arena

My Armor

My armor is quite heavy for a tracker, I know. Some wonder if I took up the rank tank, but I actually wear such thick armor due to my childhood. With all this I can deflect attacks from anywhere, and it makes my wing armor look much nicer. But piece by piece my armor is much easier to understand.

Lack of large sections of metal
The first thing you will notice is how little metal there is on my armor. Metal, while it has great defensive and offensive qualities, is rigid and would slow me down. Leather is both bendable and does just fine to protect me from being attacked, and is also a lot easier to replace. I did keep some sections metal where I needed it, in such case of my claws, wing, clasps and studs. I'll get into why later.

No helm
The second thing you will notice is I have no head covering. I found that anything on my head aside from my earring interferes with my tracking abilities. I learned this in my first training group; how to maximize use of my gifts and keep distractions out. While I don't have head protection, I do have my element to keep me safe from direct attacks there, and my wing to shield my face.

Collar.
As a lion who gets cold easily, I reply on my upturned collar for warmth in a cold situation. This, however, is not it's only use, as it does alright to protect me from surprise attacks from behind or even helps me to look intimidating by making me appear bigger. I also like the way it protects my neck and mane from injury, and it's saved me many times.

The shoulders and arms.
My shoulders take a lot of damage when fighting, as I prefer close combat, so they are better protected from such situations. This extends down onto my lower arms, where I've wrapped more leather around them all the way down to my paws. On the left side, this secures the long, hook-like claws protruding from my paw.

Claws
On my front right paw, the armor covers it and extends several hook-like bits of metal that can be easily used to attack my opponent. They are only on my left side so that I can use my right to balance my large wing to block attacks. I rely on them heavily in battle, as I also use them to defend my left side and they are my main offensive force. I'm quite adept at striking between blocks from my wing, and can do a lot with just them alone.

Midsection:
The main piece of my armor is flexible and simple to allow for easy movement and to reduce weight. because I can defend either side with my wing or claws, I found it unnecessary to protect this area. It is a different color due to needing to be able to be recognized on the battlefield, and to not blend in too much. This part does have several metal clasps, due to leather being insufficient to hold it and how cool they looked against the dark armor. There is also a large leather strap here, which serves as extra support for the flimsier midsection and helps me defend my side.

Hind legs
My leg armor is similar to my arm armor because it needs to serve the same function. Getting attacked from behind is no fun if you don't have sufficient protection against your foe that gives you time to turn and attack them. It's heavier and more plated than the rest of my armor, which makes it harder to shred and get through to my hide.

Tail
The leather straps on my tail help with balance and momentum, when I need to turn quickly without falling, or even when I do. They are thick and provide some protection but not all protection against attacks. I mostly just like them because they look cool, but they do serve a purpose so I can't make that the main reason.

Wing
My wing is the most heavily protected piece of my armor, and is near entirely made of metal. This is because of it's function as a shield. Metal is stronger and less likely to burn if I am attacked by a fire lion, and easily deflects water and claws and basically anything I need it to. I rely heavily on it's protection in a fight, as it keeps me strong while I take less damage. There are clasps at the top that cling to my wing, with leather that loosens as I fold in and tightens when I extend. Lower on the wing there is a similar set of straps to keep the feathers from falling away from each other and to keep them even with each other. Each plate is an individually attached metal feather to allow for maximum flexibility. There are several metal clamps on the inside of the wing to anchor the feathers and straps.

Story
I’m pretty sure this amount of noise is unnecessary.
Even as I try to sleep, I once again find my hiding spot among the cracks insufficient to block the noise of the pride. It’s ridiculous that one can’t find anything even remotely resembling peace anywhere near the pride. So many cubs, so much training going on, and the worst part - the scouts. Always talking about the things they’ve seen and especially, especially when I’ve drifted off to sleep, they come in and request the help of some trackers and I have to slink off and get my armor again.
I wish I were one of them, maybe I could talk some sense into them.
Before any of them can come sidling in, I slide out of my hiding spot and stretch, wing extending all the way, and start off towards my favorite field. I enjoy it so much because it’s not only out of the way, but is completely untouched by distracting noises. How nice is that? Besides, Houdurgan is waiting for me. I wouldn’t go alone, anyway.
Before I even manage to climb back down to the base level, I hear a snigger from behind me.
I freeze, unsure, readying my wing to shield.
“Why do you bother stretching that useless thing?” The words were harsh, meant to hurt. Gaines flicked his tail, noting that the poison had become to spring from his mouth and nose again, and that every muscle was tense. He’d heard those words before, in training. There was a special place for them, because it was the favorite insult of the teacher’s star pupil. I remember her saying them every single session until I couldn’t bear it anymore and – WHAM! My paw collides with the face of a much different lion, the one who’d just called me useless again. Caught off-guard, the lion tried to brace himself, but I was on top of him again, getting a few more hits before I jumped away. I knew others were watching now, but I couldn’t help it. The other lion looks immensely frightened, but doesn’t move, and I wait.
I hear Warren calling my name, but I continue to stare down my opponent until he steps back, turns, and runs.
I snort and smile, then turn to Wernen beside me. Except it’s not Wernen, it’s Keres. She looks at me approvingly, then walks away. Straightening up, I walk out and into the field. Trackers usually follow the sound of footsteps or a scent, but my paws carry me away from all of that. I find the quietest spot of them all, aside from the huge lion sitting on the rock, leaving room for me. I slide up beside him and settle in, taking in the scent of the air and the quiet breathing of my friend and brother, Houdurgan.

It's rather difficult to find nice, quiet, and peaceful places on the LoC home world, especially with a full scale civil war going on. Yes, its difficult for everyone, unless your a skilled tracker of course. That was how I was able to find the calm and peaceful field my companion and I sit in now. "It's nice, isn't it, Hodurgan?" I asked the male beside me as i sat up and let the warm breeze go across my face, "No noise of battle, or little cubs to annoy you." The male beside me let out a huff, he was much larger than any lion I had ever met, it was hard to believe he and I were related. Hodurgan opened his once closed eyes, revealing the icy pools that they were, "Yes. I suppose it is nice." I knew he was lying, Hodurgan the Gladiator always preferred a good fight over lounging around, but at least he was trying to ease up. The older warrior closed his eyes as I let out a sigh. We relaxed calmly for a long while when something caught my attention. I scooted towards the edge of the large rock we were sitting on and swiveled my ears straight ahead. "Do you hear that?" I asked, my eyes wide as I searched the tall grass. Hodurgan's eyes slowly opened, "No.."

(Snippet and art by Dragoncool97)
I just got peace and here we go again, off on another tangent with all the racket of paws coming through the grass. I stand and feel a growl rise in my throat, waiting for the lion to show themselves. I couldn’t smell them yet, so I was on my guard. A hint of battle thirst compels Houdurgan to his feet, waving his tail defensively. We stand side by side, like brothers of battle.

To be continued if I win!

Extras
Hello! I'm Meddled,. Nice to meet you! I'm a non-owner who loves to help out in the community, and I love to draw LOCs. You've probably seen my art around, and there's even some in this form. I tried out for this LOC because I've been looking for one a long time, and I haven't yet been so lucky as to receive one for myself. It would make my week - or even my month - if I won. Don't let that change your decision, though, have a fun time judging, and I hope you have a great day.
Also
- I don't read others' forms until we're all done, to ensure there's no cheating.

Credit

Coding by Vraska the Unseen
Help with personality by NARANDA
Story by myself and Dragoncool97
Headshots by Myself(Aside from the one by ChaosCheesecake)
Laying Down by Pety
Laying Down Banner, Me
Armor by ShatteredBeazt
"If I Fall" By Vraska the Unseen
"Do you hear that?" "No," by Dragoncool97
I did more art, but it's unfinished so couldn't be including.
Other songs to try that go well:
Fortune Days by Glitch Mob
Shy Boy by District 78
My Demons by Starset
Yours Truly by Paradise Fears
Landmine by Three Days Grace

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:19 am

Username: grumpy smol
L.O.C. Name: Solitaire
Element: Poison
Personality:
Art/Story:
Extras:

reserved c:
using the song Holy by Pvris as inspiration vuv
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:20 pm

Glad to see the interest, hope to see you all finish your forms!
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me