Artist MegaCherrio [gallery]
Time spent 1 day
Drawing sessions 4
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Icicle Bat #25

Postby MegaCherrio » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:05 am

What is an Icicle Bat?

Icicle Bats are a canine/feline species that live primarily in cold areas and prefer to come out at night. These creatures get their name because they naturally live in caves like bats, and because of their strong back legs, can hang upside down from tree branches! This species is characterized by their large paws and tufted bat ears-- as well as, of course, their icicles! Icicle Bats can have icicles anywhere from their forearm to their back and always have a ring around their tails. Their inner ear and paw pad are made of the same ice. Their original purpose was to protect and shield the Icicle Bat from possible threats. What are you waiting for? Adopt an Icicle Bat into your home today!

we've made it to the 25th ice bat! This guy is a little bit special. Sorry the color pallete isn't filled in and such but I'll get back to that shortly.

- they have a star icicle on their shoulder and little stars circulate in the frosty mist.
- they leave a trail of stardust wherever they walk.
- their eyes are closed-- up to to why or if they can open their eyes or not.

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]do their eyes open?[/b] (yes, no, you can explain why if you want)
[b]why do they trail stardust?[/b] (explanation or short story)

extras are allowed, ends April 30th.
Ask any questions relating to the competition here: https://ask.fm/megacherrio

thanks you guys for the support with this species!
MegaCherrio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Icicle Bat #25

Postby Nebula Child » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:19 am

Username: LuckyMe123
Name: Super Nova/ Nova
Do their eyes open?: No they dont because Nova is blind. Why? Another agressive Icicle Bat clawed up his eyes.
Why do they spread star dust?: Nova spreads star dust because of the icicles that circle his tail. They are made up of light and well star dust that caught onto his original icicles :D !

This one is a cutie. Thank you for reading
-Sincerley, LuckyMe123
Nebula Child

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aeryn » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:38 am

UsernameImage:

➳βℓαcκ Δяяσω

NameImage:

StarLight

genderImage:

Female

do their eyes open?Image:

Yes, her eyes do open, but when theyr closed she is able to see every single star on the universe

why do they trail stardustImage?

On the "universe" of the Icicle Bats they choose in every 100 years a new star guardian (StarGuardian: someone that protect every creature at night time) and when an Icicle Bat is choose to be the next starguardian he or she will earn stars marks all over theyr body and the "power" to create new stars, and that's why they have the stardust trail on theyr paws

━━━━━━━━━
SILENCE
━━━━━━━━━

SPEAKS
─── w h e n
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FAIL.❞
▬▬▬▬▬
┌───────────
hello i'm aeryn, i'm a digital
artist and i'm very active on
cs so feel free to pm me.

└───────────
ImageImageImageImageImage
Aeryn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellini » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:41 am

username: bellini79
name:
Estrella
Name meaning:
Estrella means star in Spanish
do their eyes open?
Most Icicle bats open their eyes, as most people know. Though, Estrella is different. She rarely ever has her eyes open. The reason for this is because, she doesn't need eyes. Estrella has some of the best ears around, in fact, she can hear from about 6 miles away! If Estrella opens her eyes, then that means there is danger ahead and they are in terrible danger. She's quite used to having her eyes closed all the time because when she was young, she never opened her eyes, they seemed to have wanted to stay closed. Most other Icicle bats are confused of her behaviors, but eventually they get used to it. Rumor even has it that she's just blind and doesn't care to open her eyes.
why do they trail stardust? (explanation or short story)
wip
bellini

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TipsyBearTender » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:50 am

username:NightSouls
name: Borealis
do their eyes open? Yes they do, but Bo likes to close her eyes sometimes and imagine the Northern Lights with thousands of different colors. She likes to picture them as dancing flames, crystal colors that shine like stars.
why do they trail stardust? Bo was quite young, has really no memory of the event. But as a pup she used to be curious and adventurous. She often wandered of into the night only to stare at the rainbow light that the lake reflected from the sky. One night she got to close to the edge of the lake and fell, the water was deep and cold, even for and Icicle Bat. Before nearly touching the bottom, she was lifted up by dancing cold flames. She woke up in the edge of the lake, soaked wet. After shaking her head and standing up a stardust trail was dancing around her paws just like the flames she watched.
does she have dreams? Borealis is a dreamer, day dreaming or staying longer in bed just to stay in her little Wonderlands. Bo often forgets where she is at while day dreaming.
Personality:
Last edited by TipsyBearTender on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TipsyBearTender

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby merraki » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:10 am

username: cyathea.
    name: Micah, meaning prophet in Hebrew.
    behind the name: When she was born, Micah's parents did not have a clue what to call her. For months on end they searched frantically through baby naming books, at one point even running through graveyards trying to spot a suitable name on the headstones. Eventually, their young child spoke their first word: 'feather'. Confused, her parents chattered in despair; until the next day a present shocked them both. The minute the dad walked out the house, a delicate white feather drifted from the sky and landed on his nose. From that day, they decided their child should be deemed a fortune teller - or a prophet, as Micah's name was finally derived from.
    do their eyes open? No. Originally, she was born with a working pair of eyes, and used them regularly to absorb the beauty of the world around her. As she grew older, she saw things that made her question her perception of this world, and eventually could no longer stand what she was seeing. Micah felt tricked - what had once been an astonishingly gorgeous setting had revealed it's true colours, and they were colours she did not want to visualise ever again. So, one night, she went to see an old man who promised to fix her eyes; to filter out the darkness and let her see only light. But even this man had deceived her - in his 'effort' to fix Micah's eyes, he had instead sealed them shut. Now, Micah sees nothing: the removal of the beautiful being the price she has to pay for the removal of the ugly.
    why do they trail stardust? The Inciting Incident.
    what was Micah like?: Bossy, vain, fiery and compulsive.
    what is she like now?: Untrusting, aggressive, activist, and still a little compulsive.
    any good traits?: Micah is very passionate, intelligent and quite spontaneous, which some find alluring or exciting. Her confidence also makes her strong, which many admire.
    does she have any hobbies?: Much like her father, Micah is intrigued by all things science. She loves to invent and think up new ideas to help us better understand the world, but tends to keep away from things relating to astronomy. Astronomy reminds her too much of her father, and brings back too many bittersweet memories. Instead, Micah likes to concentrate on the fields of neurology and sometimes medecine.
    Another thing Micah has a strong interest in is campaigning, activism and debate. She is very opinionated and loves to argue about things she thinks will change the world for the better. Some of the things she gets up too include strikes, rallies, protests and public speaking; the most common topics arising being equality, vanity and freedom. Many say she would make a great lawyer, but unfortunately she's gotten herself on the wrong side of many important lawful figures.
    art: by me (at the top)
Last edited by merraki on Sun May 01, 2016 4:31 am, edited 13 times in total.
merraki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:53 am

username:pterodactyl
name: Volans

do their eyes open? usually no. when they do open their eyes, it is only for grave reasons.
[small story here]
why do they trail stardust?
they were not born to normal parents; in fact, it has been said they have no birth parents at all.
volans may explain why someday, but we believe it has to do with being born from a star.

laughs WIP
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jochedo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:51 am

mark!