Hideous ZippleBack #002 ↠ Adopted by ShimmerSolarPets by 0Zero0

Based on Click to view
Artist 0Zero0 [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hideous ZippleBack #002 ↠ Adopted by ShimmerSolarPets

Postby 0Zero0 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:03 pm

[center]I wanted to color a Deadly nadder, but I rolled a Hideous Zippleback, I love it though!

canis, wrote:Hideous Zippleback
Common • Mystery Class
Hideous Zipplebacks are aggressive and generally argumentative dragons. They
possess two heads, each with a different personality. Hideous Zipplebacks have
a team attack: one head breathes flammable gas while the other head gives it
the spark to ignite.

ShimmerSolarPets wrote:(The design is really lovely! Hope I'm not too late to enter!)

Rider; ShimmerSolarPets (My character: Codetta Shimmersun)
Name; Discordance and Artifice
Gender; Male
Species; Hideous Zippleback

Left Head; Discordance, the chaotic head. Discordance is very mischievous. He will jump right in at the opportunity to cause trouble. He loves to pull pranks on humans and other dragons alike. While Artifice is unpredictable, Discordance is the most unexpected. He does things beyond expectation. As he is the 'spark head', the one who ignites Artifice's gas, he has full control over when he would cause the gas to explode. Perhaps you might expect Discordance to directly ignite the cloud of gas, thus running away. However, when you see the cloud of gas continue to linger there and Discordance not doing anything about it, you might go back to investigate. Big mistake. As soon as you turns back to approach, BOOM! Discordance is mostly mischievous, though, and usually does not mean any harm.

Right Head; Artifice, the sly head of the two. Artifice is wily and cunning. He uses his charm and intellect to trick and outsmart others. He sprays the gas for his 'brother', Discordance, to ignite. Artifice is very deceptive. He is more of the leader, or the 'elder brother', although it's usually Discordance who suggests causing mischief. As both are troublemakers, Artifice usually comes up with the plans to stir some trouble. One must be constantly on the lookout for them, as Artifice is unpredictable and cunning.

Taming Entry;

Note: I'm using the pronoun they/their because they have different personalities and ideas. He is still a male.

Are two heads really better than one? When it comes to Hideous Zipplebacks, things are not always what you'd expect. Especially when that Hideous Zippleback is Discordance and Artifice. In fact, me bonding with them is far from what anyone would expect. You see, Journal, I am Codetta Shimmersun. All my life, I've been dealing with herbs. It's quite the calm life, actually. When I have some time off, I would have a small talk with the dragon riders. "Why don't you get your own dragon?" That's what they always said. And I always laughed and told them that I enjoy the peace of being the village healer's assistant. Sometimes, in life, your path branches off into an unexpected twist. Sometimes, you just have to take that path. For me, that path took me to a whole new world I never imagined I would experience. So, let me recount the story of how I met Discordance and Artifice.

It all started in a day just like any others. I went out into the forest with a bag and a small dagger for cutting plants. I filled my bag with herbs. Soon, I needed some mushrooms. I came to the entrance of a cave. It was dark and creepy. However, I had a job to do. So, I entered the cave. Picking some mushrooms, I felt like someone was watching. It sent a shiver up my spine. That's when I saw something extraordinary. Green fumes clouded the floor of the cave. I knew what that meant. My eyes were wide, and my knees shook. My feet were frozen to the ground with fear. My eyes widened when I saw a spark. I knew what came next. Quickly diving behind a pile of rocks, I braced myself for the impact. BOOM! I ducked and shut my eyes as some small pebbles pelted me. Risking one eye open, I saw two pairs of eyes staring at me. I pressed myself against the rock.

"Great. I've been spared from the explosion and now a Hideous Zippleback would probably end me," I murmured, staring at the eyes. The gas head sprayed another coat of green gas. Sparks formed between the teeth of the igniting head. I shut my eyes and braced myself. I waited for the boom. I waited for the explosion. They never came. Instead, I felt something tug at my neck. Is that... my bag strap? I thought. I opened my eyes. The spark head tugged at my bag with his teeth. He looked up at me and continued tugging at the bag. I was still frightened, but I figured that I might have a chance to live if I appeased it. I took off my bag. The dragon snatched it and tossed it into the air. The gas head tried snatching the bag away from the igniting head, but the igniting one insisted on keeping the bag. I was both fascinated and frightened.

As they tossed the bag around, they kept spilling all the herbs I've collected. Despite what I've been through, I smiled. They threw the bag into my direction. It skidded to a stop in front of me. I waited for them to get the bag again. Instead, the two were looking at me expectantly, as if they wanted me to throw the bag to them. At least, that's what I thought. As I reached towards the bag's strap, the gas head snatched the bag and tossed it away. The ignition head looked at me with a teasing expression, causing me to giggle. I attempted to get up. However, the ignition head threw the bag towards my head. I ducked as it sailed past my head and landed on the ground behind me. Grinning, I grabbed my bag and threw it at them. The dragon played with the bag some more.

Then, they dropped the bag as soon as they saw the scattered herbs. Their attention went to the herbs. Both heads quickly started to nip at the leafy herbs. It was a funny sight. "Oh, I better head back now," I muttered to myself. I grabbed my bag and tried to salvage some of the herbs. The Zippleback looked at me curiously. Then, unexpectedly, both heads helped me gather up the herbs they dropped. I smiled at the dragon. "Thank you. I think I'll call you Artifice and you Discordance. Sounds good?" Both heads seemed to grin. I waved my hand and started to walk out, but the dragon followed me. I was shocked. Did it really want to come with me? I looked into their green eyes. I saw something much different from the terrifying monster I thought the dragon was. I saw the mischief and playfulness. I saw.. a friend. Smiling, I led the dragon back to the village.
Last edited by 0Zero0 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hideous ZippleBack #002 ↠ Adopt

Postby Phina Wolf » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Rider; Josephine (Phina) Wolf
Name; Torch and Dagger
Gender; female
Species; Hideous Zipplebac
Left Head; The left head, Torch, Is the sparker. She is the more aggressive of the two, tending to snap at unfamiliar things.
Right Head; The right head, Dagger, Tends to be more relaxed. She doesn't win her fights by getting up in your face, she slowly beats you down.
Taming Entry;

No Joy, I wasn't trying to burn down the village, thank you very much. Your faith in me is inspiring. I'm not kidding, I really wasn't trying to burn it down or destroy it. You want my side of the story? Fine, here it is.

So, you know that I'm apprenticed to the healer right? You didn't? Well, now you do. So, any, I'm her apprentice and she said that one of my jobs would be healing dragons, even ones that didn't want healing. So, in true viking fashion, she declared that the best way to learn was by doing. Want to know what that means?? It means, paraphrased, "Get out of here, go find an injured wild dragon, heal it and somehow prove you did so.+ Sounds fun, right?? Wrong.

I almost got torched....three times? No, four. Wait, and the Terrible Terror, that's five, and did I count...? Never mind, you get the picture. And that isn't mentioning all the bites, nips, scratches and that one Deadly Nadder spine that just nicked my shoulder. So, I got plenty of healing practice while searching for a dragon that was hurt or docile enough to let me near it, as I, idiot that I am, had forgotten to bring any bait.

Finally, I began to worry. I hadn't heard a dragon in a long, long time. Why was that?? Berk is crawling with dragons. I started looking around, noticing some strange things. There were foot prints of several types of dragons, and even some other animals, but all were going in the same direction I was, none going back. There were strange, see through amber colored honey bee hives on several of the tress, but none had bees. Or honeycombs for that matter. What kind of behave didn't have bees or honeycombs??? Then it hit me. Those weren't beehives. They were Death Song amber. Now I could see the subtle pattern of dragon scales etched on each of the pieces, the only remaining evidence of the victim.

I turned and was about to run when I heard the aggressive snap snap sound of the sparking head of a Hideous Zipplebac. I turned again, searching the trees for the poor dragon. I finally found it, stuck by a tail tip to a boulder. I slowly walked over, my hands out in front of me so that the Zipplebac could see that I wasn't going to hurt her. The left sparked at me angrily, but I kept walking.

"Shhh." I comforted the obviously angry dragon. The right head examined me carefully, but didn't seem as eager to attack as the left. I reached in my bag pulling out sever herbs that I would need. Only the Death Song could free them, and I knew that was not a good option. So I had had to think of another way. I had, but I didn't like it. I only had a little dragon grass, so I would have to use it on the more aggressive head if I could get close enough. I made a dash for it, scrubbing the grass as high on the left neck as I could reach. The left head's eyes closed and I barely caught it before it hit the ground. The Right head blinked sleepily, effected, but not as strongly.

I laid the sleeping right head on the ground and moved to the trapped tail. "I'm so sorry." I told the dragon before taking out my knife and beginning to cut off the trapped tail piece. The right head screech in pair and blew it's flammable gas at me, but with the left head disabled, it only made me cough. I glanced at the sky nervously, hoping that I could finish before the Death Song came to investigate.

It took longer that I would have liked, the dragon screaming the entire time and the gas growing thicker around my, the left head beginning to stir. I made the final cut and began rubbing numbing and blood clotting herbs on the open wound I had created. The dragon suddenly stopped screaming, and I didn't think it was because of the pain easing. I looked up and sure enough, there was the Death Sone circling above. I cursed, releasing the dragons double tail. The right head examined what I had done curiously, and head butted the Left head when it opened it's mouth to spark, which would have killed me instantly. They seemed to talk to each other silently, then moth looked back at their injured tail, then at the little piece stuck in the amber, then at me. I waved, which felt stupid, but we didn't have any time to think about it more.

The Death Song dove out of the sky, shooting straight toward us. The right head grabbed the back of my jacket in it's math, yanking me under it, spreading it wings as a shield to keep the gas out. For about thirty seconds, nothing happened. Then there was a huge boom that shook the ground beneath me, and a shriek of pain and the hurried flapping of wings. Then silence. Suddenly, the right head appeared and made a strange whirring sound. The dragon folded it's wings and I crawled out. In a twenty foot ring around us, the trees and grass were charred and burring, sending huge plumes of smoke into the sky. I looked for the Death Song, but it was no where to be seen.

Turning back to the dragon, I nodded my head in thanks. The right head head butted me gently, the left following it's example, thought a little unwillingly. The right head lowered it's neck and waited. My hand flew to my mouth. "Oh! You want me to..." the left head nudged me forward. Grinning ear to ear I climbed on. We swooped up, up, up, into the sky, away from the territory of the Death Song. I whooped happily, the turned my attention to my new dragon. "You need a name." I told them. "Two names, actually. You," I said, stroking the head I rode, "You're going to be Dagger. You're clever and a planner, like you have to be when you use a dagger. And you." I looked at the left head, "You're Torch. A torch is often a symbol of violence, mobs and war, but is also a symbol of rescue. Yes, it fits you nicely. I smiled down at my little village, before realizing that the fire we had started was racing towards it. "Oh no." I groaned. "Not again."
Last edited by Phina Wolf on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
KhimBWSD•Kalon
Cat•Dog•Other

Hi, I’m Phina Wolf, but you
can call me Phina. I
am currently involved with
Khims and Kalons, so PM if
you are interested in
arranging a breeding!
───────{Who turned out}───
“Books! The .
best weapons .
in the world!” .
- Tenth Doctor .
{The}───
───{Lights??}
Phina Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:42 am

(The design is really lovely! Hope I'm not too late to enter!)

Gender; Male

Left Head; Discordance, the chaotic head. Discordance is very mischievous. He will jump right in at the opportunity to cause trouble. He loves to pull pranks on humans and other dragons alike. While Artifice is unpredictable, Discordance is the most unexpected. He does things beyond expectation. As he is the 'spark head', the one who ignites Artifice's gas, he has full control over when he would cause the gas to explode. Perhaps you might expect Discordance to directly ignite the cloud of gas, thus running away. However, when you see the cloud of gas continue to linger there and Discordance not doing anything about it, you might go back to investigate. Big mistake. As soon as you turn back to approach, BOOM! Discordance is mostly mischievous, though, and usually does not mean any harm.

Right Head; Artifice, the sly head of the two. Artifice is wily and cunning. He uses his charm and intellect to trick and outsmart others. He sprays the gas for his 'brother', Discordance, to ignite. Artifice is very deceptive. He is more of the leader, or the 'elder brother', although it's usually Discordance who suggests causing mischief. As both are troublemakers, Artifice usually comes up with the plans to stir some trouble. One must be constantly on the lookout for them, as Artifice is unpredictable and cunning.

Taming Entry;

Note: I'm using the pronoun they/their because they have different personalities and ideas. He is still a male.

Are two heads really better than one? When it comes to Hideous Zipplebacks, things are not always what you'd expect. Especially when that Hideous Zippleback is Discordance and Artifice. In fact, me bonding with them is far from what anyone would expect. You see, Journal, I am Codetta Shimmersun. All my life, I've been dealing with herbs. It's quite the calm life, actually. When I have some time off, I would have a small talk with the dragon riders. "Why don't you get your own dragon?" That's what they always said. And I always laughed and told them that I enjoy the peace of being the village healer's assistant. Sometimes, in life, your path branches off into an unexpected twist. Sometimes, you just have to take that path. For me, that path took me to a whole new world I never imagined I would experience. So, let me recount the story of how I met Discordance and Artifice.

It all started in a day just like any others. I went out into the forest with a bag and a small dagger for cutting plants. I filled my bag with herbs. Soon, I needed some mushrooms. I came to the entrance of a cave. It was dark and creepy. However, I had a job to do. So, I entered the cave. Picking some mushrooms, I felt like someone was watching. It sent a shiver up my spine. That's when I saw something extraordinary. Green fumes clouded the floor of the cave. I knew what that meant. My eyes were wide, and my knees shook. My feet were frozen to the ground with fear. My eyes widened when I saw a spark. I knew what came next. Quickly diving behind a pile of rocks, I braced myself for the impact. BOOM! I ducked and shut my eyes as some small pebbles pelted me. Risking one eye open, I saw two pairs of eyes staring at me. I pressed myself against the rock.

"Great. I've been spared from the explosion and now a Hideous Zippleback would probably end me," I murmured, staring at the eyes. The gas head sprayed another coat of green gas. Sparks formed between the teeth of the igniting head. I shut my eyes and braced myself. I waited for the boom. I waited for the explosion. They never came. Instead, I felt something tug at my neck. Is that... my bag strap? I thought. I opened my eyes. The spark head tugged at my bag with his teeth. He looked up at me and continued tugging at the bag. I was still frightened, but I figured that I might have a chance to live if I appeased it. I took off my bag. The dragon snatched it and tossed it into the air. The gas head tried snatching the bag away from the igniting head, but the igniting one insisted on keeping the bag. I was both fascinated and frightened.

As they tossed the bag around, they kept spilling all the herbs I've collected. Despite what I've been through, I smiled. They threw the bag into my direction. It skidded to a stop in front of me. I waited for them to get the bag again. Instead, the two were looking at me expectantly, as if they wanted me to throw the bag to them. At least, that's what I thought. As I reached towards the bag's strap, the gas head snatched the bag and tossed it away. The ignition head looked at me with a teasing expression, causing me to giggle. I attempted to get up. However, the ignition head threw the bag towards my head. I ducked as it sailed past my head and landed on the ground behind me. Grinning, I grabbed my bag and threw it at them. The dragon played with the bag some more.

Then, they dropped the bag as soon as they saw the scattered herbs. Their attention went to the herbs. Both heads quickly started to nip at the leafy herbs. It was a funny sight. "Oh, I better head back now," I muttered to myself. I grabbed my bag and tried to salvage some of the herbs. The Zippleback looked at me curiously. Then, unexpectedly, both heads helped me gather up the herbs they dropped. I smiled at the dragon. "Thank you. I think I'll call you Artifice and you Discordance. Sounds good?" Both heads seemed to grin. I waved my hand and started to walk out, but the dragon followed me. I was shocked. Did it really want to come with me? I looked into their green eyes. I saw something much different from the terrifying monster I thought the dragon was. I saw the mischief and playfulness. I saw.. a friend. Smiling, I led the dragon back to the village.
Last edited by ShimmerSolarPets on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:38 am

I'll extend it to tomorrow, as the available dragons page isn't updated frequently enough and there's only one valid entry right now. I hope that's enough time for you to edit your entry Phina Wolf. I want a fair judging but I can't extend it to much.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina Wolf » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:39 am

I'll do my best around classes. (Don't tell my teachers. ;))
KhimBWSD•Kalon
Cat•Dog•Other

can call me Phina. I
you are interested in
arranging a breeding!
“Books! The .
best weapons .
in the world!” .
- Tenth Doctor .
{The}───
───{Lights??}
Phina Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina Wolf » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:04 am

Done. :) I hope you like it!! Also, may you give me feedback on what you like, don't like, is to sudden, doesn't make sense, etc. when you judge it??? I understand if you're too busy. :)
KhimBWSD•Kalon
Cat•Dog•Other

can call me Phina. I
you are interested in
arranging a breeding!
“Books! The .
best weapons .
in the world!” .
- Tenth Doctor .
{The}───
───{Lights??}
Phina Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:39 am

ShimmerSolarPets wrote:(The design is really lovely! Hope I'm not too late to enter!)

Gender; Male

Left Head; Discordance, the chaotic head. Discordance is very mischievous. He will jump right in at the opportunity to cause trouble. He loves to pull pranks on humans and other dragons alike. While Artifice is unpredictable, Discordance is the most unexpected. He does things beyond expectation. As he is the 'spark head', the one who ignites Artifice's gas, he has full control over when he would cause the gas to explode. Perhaps you might expect Discordance to directly ignite the cloud of gas, thus running away. However, when you see the cloud of gas continue to linger there and Discordance not doing anything about it, you might go back to investigate. Big mistake. As soon as you turns back to approach, BOOM! Discordance is mostly mischievous, though, and usually does not mean any harm.

Taming Entry;

This was really HARD. Both stories were good and well written, but I think I prefer ShimmerSolarPets post because of the amount of detail put into it. And the Playing with the dragons was cute. So Congrats! Discordance and Artifice (what beautiful names) are yours~

As for Phina wolf- You asked for a bit of critique- I loved the whole: "Go find a wild dragon and take care of it." and the story was marvelous. It threw me off a bit with the whole flying away from a Death Song, but that wasn't all that bad really, just maybe a bit sudden. It fit the mood of the story you were going for though. There was nothing wrong with it, I just preferred how ShimmerSolarPets was written.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phina Wolf » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:41 am

Okay, thank you!! And congrats!!
KhimBWSD•Kalon
Cat•Dog•Other

can call me Phina. I
you are interested in
arranging a breeding!
“Books! The .
best weapons .
in the world!” .
- Tenth Doctor .
{The}───
───{Lights??}
Phina Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hideous ZippleBack #002 ↠ Adopted by ShimmerSolarPets

Postby ShimmerSolarPets » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Thank you so much! c: Also, thank you for the congratulations, Phina Wolf. Your story's nice, too.
ShimmerSolarPets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me