My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #4520 Buttermilk Buckskin Pangare Blanket Appaloosa

Postby Ariana Black » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:54 am

Username: Ariana Black
Name: Princess Yuki
Halter: black with silver snow flakes dangling down
Experience: The first time Yuki saw snow she wasn't sure what to make of it. She had been born in Southern California and the word snow wasn't in her vocabulary. She had heard about it but never bothered to listen. Then one day her owner up and moves her along with the others to Indiana, snow capital of the U.S. according to her owner's friend. They arrived just in time for a snow storm. Yuki took one look at it and started screaming and thrashing about. She did not want to go near it! [based her off of me
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Meeshi♥ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:08 am

Username:
    ♥Meeshi♥
    Name:
    Mark My Words;; Matilda
    Halter:
    A pastel green
    Experience:
    It was years ago, maybe when she was turning five, that she had been sold to a new owner up in the north, rather then the south in Florida where she had resided for the first part of her training life. When she was moved, it was late fall. Temperatures were dropping by the dozen, and frost began to layer the thick lush pastures. This was all new to the young mare. The morning she woke up were sluggish and cold, and horses moved about dozily. It was a lot to take in, from the sudden accents, to the new horses, and the weather. How she was waken early by the biting frost's morning calls, and the crows screams through the pine trees on the west side of the stables.

But one day was different. Matilda was woken by not the sun, or the birds calls, or the frost, but the sudden cold that kicked her side like spurs. It wasn't the hot sensation of the rising sun, or the cool mornings, no, this was very unlike it. No warmth consisted in the dark, gloomy air. As she got to her hooves in a giant groan, her head swung wildly around at the other horses. They were still asleep, seeming to be unaffected by the sting of the sudden rush of cold. A small muzzle near the bottom of her stable wall breathed warm air on her cornets and it seemed to be the only thing that kept the strong willed mare upon her hooves instead of curled into her dismissive ball of pain.

Moments later the giant barn door opened on one side of the barn. It slid open with a screech and horses began to rise to it's utterance that disturbed the quiet air. Three people walked in, two younger, and one defiantly older with the deep trails in her face of age that seemed to seep through them. Wrinkles on her forehead showed there concern and depth of preceding age. White hair trailed down from under her blue stripes snow cap. She made her way to Matilda's stall and slowly opened it, using her old wrinkled hands to pull a brand new pastel green halter over her white and buckskin face.

She was lead carefully into the isle, and then attached to a lead rope of the same color. The old women held her carefully as one of the younger people, a guy with distinct black hair, began to pull a crinkled blanket over her back. Matilda freaked a bit, but the older woman's soothing voice seemed to calm her, as her gentle soft hands ran along the mare's forehead. Soon the blue blanket was on the mare, a bit big, but it would have to improvise till they could buy her something new.

They lead her carefully out the barn door, with a sudden rush of bitter cold wind, and white flakes shoved into her face and Matilda blinked her eyes free of the sudden tiny storm. As the cold began to wrap it's arms around her, the warmth of the blanket fought it off, only leaving her legs in a freezing battle, trying to fight It off. Little white balls, better known as snowflakes, fell upon her face, and laid in her eyelashes like a baby in a crib. Suddenly, the cold wasn't worth fighting, because even though the warm days kept her warm, and the cold kept her it's bitter arms, nothing could keep her from the sight of the blinding white sudden snow, orange in the rays of the rising sun.

Nothing could bestow the beauty of the lush and quiet world. Peace followed in it's footsteps and the warm days in Flordia were no match to the biting air of the north. less sound, less cars, less cheering of and less shouting. The winter peace shut her out to the world, until a tugging of the lead rope caused her to follow the women again, her tail high in sudden excitement as she was lead to a snow filled pasture. As soon as she was set loose, nothing made her happier then to simply lay down in the cold, orange snow and rest. This was way better than the rushing winds, and the hot rays of the sun. Snow. It wash er new favorite thing, and it wasn't blind to see in the crisp morning air as the mare laid there.
Last edited by ♥Meeshi♥ on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥Meeshi♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zira. » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:18 am

Username: .:Zira:.
Name: Angel Of Angelo // Angelo
Halter: Bright red
Experience: Angelo was purchased from a ranch in the southern states so when he was brought up to the northern parts of the country he was in for a big shock. The moment he stepped out of the trailer the horses head shot up. He stepped in something cold and wet. Lowering his head he sniffed at the snow, confused he pulled back on the lead not wanting to leave his warm trailer. With a little bit of coaxing he left his trailer and was let into a small paddock. As soon as he was let off the lead he started running around and bucking to play in the snow, wile the trainers stood at the fence and watched laughing as Angelo went down on his knees and began to roll around in the snow happily, he never liked all the heat of the south. When it was time to take him into his stable, his mane matted from rolling in the snow he had the happiest face a horse could ever have.
Zira.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireIceHeart » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:25 am

Username: FireIceHeart
Name: Neri
Halter: Surprise :3
Experience: Starting off hesitant, Neri had cautiously walked through the snow, lifting her legs as
high as she could with each step. Pausing briefly to nose the snow and attempt to eat it. Making an amused sound, she knelt to lay jumping up as the cold touched her belly. Trying again she started rolling and kicking snow
everywhere, before finally standing and looking like a horse version of a snowman. i suck at stories XD
FireIceHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eulee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:42 am

Username: Eulee
Name: Bold Quest // Atlas
Halter: Surprise me?
Experience: Being born in Wisconsin so close to December, it wasn't very long before Atlas saw snow for the first time. He had just stumbled out the door, his little legs wobbling. He tripped out the door but instead of hitting the hard ground, he hit something.. soft. And cold, very cold. He sprung up trying to escape the chill only to find himself surrounded by the foreign substance. Just then something wet touched his forehead: a snowflake. With a tilt of his head Atlas saw thousands, maybe even millions, of tiny attackers coming for him. He tried to dash for the stable, only for his legs to trip him yet again. Down he went, plummeting into a snow bank nearly twice his size. Shrieking, he finally made it inside, but that experience has left his with a hated, possibly even a fear, of snow.

"quote"
-Author

Not that anyone really cares, but I'm semi-inactive at the moment. Life kind of got in the way of things and I'm usually on once or twice a month to check messages and adopt monthlies. I'll be back as soon as life allows. c:
ACS ✕ Link ✕ BRT
pumpkin credit linked
Eulee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tazaria » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:53 am

Username:
.Taz.
Name:
Sunset Days// Apricot
Halter:
Surprise me!
Experience:

I was 4 years and training well. Getting used to the cold bit in your mouth is hard at first. Many young horses think it's cruel when really it's there to guide us. It was sunset when I noticed my owner putting covers on the rest of the horses. She hadn't done that before. We don't depend on covers like others do. She came up to me and threw a white cover on me. It looked new, I'm sure I had never seen it before. This was my first time with a cover so I grew anxious. When the woman left I reared up, galloping around the paddock. Fear painted my actions like twink. My friends stared at me like I had gone mad, it was just a cover. They neighed.

At midnight it had grown cold, very cold. I understand now why I had a cover on. It was there to keep me warm. I had soon accepted the sheet on my back, knowing it was there to help. The stars started to disappear behind some clouds. Dark clouds. This hasn't happened before. Two new things in 24 hours. What joy. I stared up at the night clouds with curiosity. Would they hurt me?

I soon found out the clouds weren't there to hurt me, they were there to hurt the land. Tiny specks of white floated down. Slow at first until they came down faster and faster. I heard some mares whisper something about a 'blizzard'. I snorted and paced, the ground was disappearing under a white substance. It was freezing and crunchy under my hooves. I bucked and kicked at the specks but they didn't seem to be fazed by my attempts to save my paddock. I spun around many times trying to defend my turf but they didn't seem to care. They kept layering themselves on the ground. I let out a defeated whinny, slumping in the shelter of some trees. The white couldn't get me here.

I had fell asleep. It was dawn now. The specks had stopped attacking and the clouds had rolled away. It was peaceful when the reassuring chirps of the birds echoed about. I walked over to the substance. Pawing at it with my hoof. Still cold, still unpleasant. The owner soon appeared at the paddock fence with some hay. She chucked it over the fence. On the White! I let out a distraught neigh, the specks were going to eat my hay too! But they didn't. The hay happily sat on the white without a care. I waited and waited.

Two hours later, the sun was up and the substance was retreating? It had won, why was it retreating? I cautiously placed one hoof on the substance. It easily gave way to me. I walked forward a bit, looking back on my path. My hooves had left marks in the White. I was winning! I galloped around, kicking, bucking, rearing at the substance. I was defeating it!

A few more hours later, I had detroyed most of the White. Enough of it to my standards. I had eaten my hay and was talking to my best friend, arrow. "I don't know what to call it, do you know arrow?" I had asked.
"Hah, that stuff is called Snow! We had a small blizzard last night," he chuckled.
"Really? Would it hurt me?" I flicked my ears forward.
"No, it doesn't hurt anything except maybe plants."

A year later I had won my first show, the amateur cross country course. I was very proud when I boasted to all my friends. I held my head high and pranced around happily. They congratulated me and soon we were exchanging stories about the snow. I had a feeling it wasn't the last I had seen my arch-nemesis. Snow, I am ready for you.
Last edited by Tazaria on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
| Taz | University Student | He/Him | Bisexual |
| Thor to my Loki |
| My deviantart |
| My Tolters |
| -- |
Animation by saintswine on DA

Tazaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:54 am

Username: It's Tuesday Again.
Name: Blithe || Dissipate Like Snowflakes In The Ocean
Halter: Silver
Experience: Blithe comes from a very warm climate where forest fires are frequent. She is well familiar with ash and when she first saw snow falling, she thought it to be the ash from a nearby fire, but was shocked to find that there was no sign of fire or smoke, and that the ash was cold to the touch. It made her flinch at first but after a while she learned to adore the feeling. The chilly adh gave her comfort.
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Username: Aesir
Name: Another one bites the dust "Harley"
Halter: white with spades
Experience:

My eyes opened that morning, as they had every morning, my small body shaking violently from the cold. My dam welcomed me into the crease of her neck. Nuzzling me as I snuggled into her warmth. The door to our shared stall is flung open, and a new scent fills the air, wet and cold, but fresh, not dank. I am nudged by my mother to go. Shakily standing, human cooing all around me, I stuggle and stand. A small fabric thing is tied to me, I have learned it is called a halter. I am lead outside, I flinch. The daylight bounces off of white mirrors. I bend down to sniff the strange power mirrors, and touch cold water it seems. Snorting angrily I stomp, satisfied with the large crunch it makes. Then recoiling in suprise, my brain flooding in this new feeling of freezing hoofs. I am shoved forward by warm hands, snorting and whining unhappily. The other colts and fillies are frolicking in the white powder mirror, but I take akward frozen stumbles in an attempt to reach my dam.
Hail to the king baby, hail to the king
Discord: Gremlin#1080
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby y i n » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:24 pm