Xholi 43 by KinqBoo

Based on Click to view
Artist KinqBoo [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 23 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Xholi 43

Postby KinqBoo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:14 am

Tall, lean frame, round ears, and bright eyes, Xholis are diurnal, hierarchal, and intelligent species that wield the forces of nature. Xholis are social animals that can be recognized into 2 different clans. The ones that hunt at dusk, and those that hunt at dawn. Their pelt reflects their environment as the Dusk hunters tend to have darker palette while the Dawn hunters are significantly lighter. Between those two clans, the species are once again split into more diverse and specialized packs. Fire, Earth and Water are the most common forces of nature that each Xholi wields. The gem they are born with determines their attribute, which is effected by the parent's gems. Every Xholi is given a role befitting their status in the pack, and the leader of the each pack is expected to keep the peace.

Sentinel - Dusk Moto Pack

Ends Aug5

Impress me c:

Code: Select all
[b]Username[/b]
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Name Meaning[/b]
[b]Extras[/b]
Last edited by KinqBoo on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KinqBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Xholi 43

Postby chromatic. » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:21 am

Res

Easy to find what's wrong, Harder to find what's right.

.I've changed for the better worst.
chromatic.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ill » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:32 am

Username
Name
Name Meaning
Extras

Res?
>Nonbinary Lesbian with BPD and lots of others but I think I’m pretty nice. I like DnD and OCs. I am an adult also!
>I take a while to reply, please don't rush me...
>PM me for ways to contact me, I check this site for messages occasionally
>Leaving the site. Keeping ALL my characters... if our characters were shipped, either contact me on DA or I’m assuming they’re broke off
Ill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nymx » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:37 am

Username
Vanity.

Name
Craint

Name Meaning
means “feared” in french

Extras
nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 am

Username whisky
Name Cathartidae
Nickname Cathartes
Name Meaning Literally? It's the scientific name for Vulture B)
Extras wiipp!!
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline
International Suicide Hotlines.:
here !
Outside the U.S. site: befrienders
-------------------
by me!

whisky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cuervo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:49 am

Username
        hawkster.
        Name
        Abhaya
        Name Meaning
        "Fearless"
        Extras
        extra 1 | extra 2
        Abhaya has always been known as the rather reserved Xholi.
        As a pup Abhaya was rarely seen prancing around with the
        others. But, she grew very watchful and cautious, alongside
        rather stubborn. As days turned into weeks and weeks into
        years, she was granted respect, and the rank of Sentinel
        for her nature. Some show traces of fear towards Abhaya,
        with that menacing face; though she isn't too shabby of a friend.
Last edited by Cuervo on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Cuervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daices. » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:54 am

reserve. c:
daices.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Offended Cockatiel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Username Byteme
Name Delaney
Name Meaning Dark rival/From the elder tree grove
Extras

Personality: Delaney is much more quiet than he is excitable, in fact he seems to be as silent as death itself. Rarely one to talk, he seems to spend his time woefully missing days gone by, and feeling both melancholy and sorrow excessively on any given day.

He'd much rather observe and listen than contribute, and such things only leave him with excessive knowledge that he cannot fully attribute for, making Delaneys brain a thing filled with knowledge and information with no cortex to understand and detect it all clearly, and no mouth to blurt anything out as a way of exhausting negativity.

--
--

Little red vulture, small resting crows, circle 'round the dying child, with the bones of deer and the feathers of ravens, cover them in flower petals, tell them to hide away

The cool trickle of rain hitting his head, leaving small trembling beads rolling down fur as pale as the skull beneath it made the sentinel shiver with little control. Softly, a little whistling noise sprang up into the air and he watched a quarrel of gray birds flying above him.

Hidden away he sat, peering around the trees surrounding him with such care, crestfallen in his breath, with discomfort of visibility hanging off his skin amidst each set of movements.

At the time of his birth, parents circling the small patch of flower the meek child layed upon, it was raining just like this, and he was hidden away... Just like he was today. Fushia petals beneath him crumbled easily, their pale yellow tips an ever bright shade, the dark child shook. First his clawed hip quivered, then his tail as bloody red as any gash twitched. Soon, the little one came to life, despite his appearance imitating that of someone long wounded and gone. From the soft fade of his small forepaws to his dark chest, to the deeply covered sickly burgundy of his neck he came into conscious awakening, for the first time in his existence.

As his eyes opened for the first time, the parents would find just one more thing that added to this masterpiece, his eerily characterized body. They nudged him up, upon four feet, and whispered to him words of encouragement softly against the little ones pelt, their breathes and their muzzles pressed with the utmost amount of radiant love. Their will to protect him was strong, stronger than the teeth they bore and the haunted atmosphere that followed them. Stronger than the gems on their flesh, an ironclad sense of affection and care kept them going.

Oh, how he was wistful for such days to come once more. No, they had not been easy, never easy... But, they had been the only days he truly knew as those that held some sort of silve lining, calling out in the distance, a feeling of alluring worlds turning, singing far off of their sense of hope.
--

Well, guess who's planning to die?
Last edited by Offended Cockatiel on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:31 am, edited 20 times in total.
Offended Cockatiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anastasia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Username
Anastasia

Name
Abraxas

Name Meaning

i

Abraxas has a long and convoluted history, dating back to ancient Egyptian mythology and the Gnostics who worshiped him as the Supreme Being. The name Abraxas was carved on antique gemstones that were used as charms.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraxas
an ancient charm composed of Greek letters: originally believed to have magical powers and inscribed on amulets, etc, but from the second century ad personified by Gnostics as a deity, the source of divine emanations.

Extras

backstory;
they are rude/bitter. they have keen eye for pointing out others' flaws, because of observation skills they are made sentinel. something happens (idk what) and they begin to see the beauty in the things around them.
Last edited by Anastasia on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anastasia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calder » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:26 pm

Username:
Calder

Name:
Suhar

Name Meaning:
"Insomnia/sleeplessness"

Pronouns:
they/them

Personality:
Suhar is quiet and distances themselves from others. They often shy away from conversation, act cold and detached from others because they don't want to get attached to someone or someone getting attached to them. Suhar feels incredibly lonely but they force themselves to keep their distance because they believe they are cursed. All the incidents that happened all were coincidences however, but Suhar is set on the fact that they're cursed. Suhar rarely sleeps because of the trauma leftover from their childhood, as well as the guilt.

Background History
As a pup they were incredibly happy and social. However many bad things had happened when they were around others which resulted in them believing they were cursed. They started breaking things off with friends and usually just hung around in the nursery alone.

~Cracked~

Suhar sat in the corner, traumatized and filled with guilt. The pup watched, terrified. "Are they alright?! Are they okay?!"
The shaman sighed, "They should be fine, luckily they have no broken bones, just one or two bruises..but.."
"But?! Suhar presses, shakily .
"Their gem is cracked."
Suhar's eyes widened, "Wh-what?!"
"Look, Suhar, don't beat yourself up, it was an honest mistake."
Suhar began to shake, I broke their gem?
"Oh my goodness, is [random name] alright?!" The pup's parents came running in. Upon their arrival Suhar cowered into the corner and watched as they had their conversation.
"What happened?" Demanded the parent.
"Ah, well..[random name]..had snuck out and was playing by the creek with Su- a friend. They lost their balance and fell. They must've hit a rock or something because their gem cracked..
~
"Seriously, Suhar, it's fine!" [random name] said with a smile.
"Are-are you sure? What if you can't walk anymore?! What if-what i-"
"Honestly Suhar, it's fine. It was a mistake!"
"Hey Suhar, you should be sleeping, come on, go get some sleep."
Suhar walked backed and curled up next to their parent, who was sound asleep.
Why does everyone get hurt when I'm around? The other day [random name] had gotten a mild concussion when they had run into a tree when we were playing tag. Then the day before, [random name] got a ton of bruises and cuts because I convinced them to try and climb a tree..Am I cursed? No..that's impossible. Right?
~
That was it. That was the final straw.
Everyone was gathered around 2 apprentices that were currently being tended to by the shaman. It had been a bear. Suhar had found a cool little cave of sorts and attempted to show them.Unfortunately they had run off and by the time Suhar found them, they were terribly wounded. "Luckily only one of the two had their gem damaged and it isn't too bad. But..I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not sure if they'll survive.." There was a gasp from the crowd as the murmured about the event that had happened. Suhar watched from the back and slunk away into the woods. At first it started as a jog, which turned into a run, and soon broke into a sprint. I can't do this. I can't do this anymore, I feel like I'm drowning..I need to run, far away. Far, far, away. Somewhere where there won't be anyone to hurt. Somewhere where there won't be anyone to be hurt by me! Tears streamed down their face as they ran away. Slowly Suhar came to a stop on top of a hill. Panting, they took in the scenery.
"Suhar? What're you doing here?"
Suhar turned around to see their childhood friend standing there, confused.
"St-stay away from me!"
"What? What's been going on with you? You started distancing yourself all of a sudden.."
"Go away! If you stay you'll only get hurt..please. Just go."
"What're you talking about?!"
"Haven't you noticed? Everyone I'm around gets hurt! I can't have the same happening to you.."
"Suhar, you're being ridiculous, where are you even going?"
"Somewhere far away, somewhere where I can't hurt others."
"Suhar, just come back! You aren't cursed! No one thinks you're cursed! What will your family and friends think?!"
"Well, they'd be better off without me.."
Their friend sighed in exasperation, "Suhar just come back, if you really think you're cursed just stay away from others. Just..don't run away."
Seeing their friend so desperate got Suhar thinking. Well, if I were to stay, what job would have the least interaction? Gatherer? No..Pups-no definitely not. Sentinel? Yeah, that could work right?
"Yeah, alright..I'll come back."
"Yes! Really? I-" [random name] seemed to have lost their footing resulting in them rolling down the hill.
"[random name], are you alright?!" Suhar shouted.
"Hah*cough* yeah, I'm fine.*wheeze* Come on, let's go back!"
Last edited by Calder on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:44 am, edited 13 times in total.
Notes:
not very active anymore,
but i check back once in a while
Art Info:
Commissions: pm me
Art Trades: Closed
Requests: Closed

✿✿
hi
✿✿
Calder

My pets