GoS #311 - Seal Bay by Soph6297

Based on Click to view
Artist Soph6297 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

GoS #311 - Seal Bay

Postby Soph6297 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:56 am

Heavy storms have been raged all around the world making life hard for everybody, on land and underwater. These stormes which are caused by the massive heat due the summer have drifted several animals and Guardians to locations near us. Those Guardians are different though, something we have never seen before. They have a different appearance and behave different. They are "Gods".
Or at least thats what they call themselves. We, the mortals, call them self-proclaimed Gods because to be honest, they are none. But don't tell them, they won't listen anyways. Each "God" features a theme they are the "God" of. To do justice to the theme they represent these Otherworldy Guardians have collected several things they show off on theirselves.

Will you be able to win one of the self-proclaimed Gods heart?

- Self-Proclaimed God of Nature -

Note; Please note that these Guardians are themed GoS and therefore cannot breed with other Guardians of the same theme. And anyways, those Guardians are too vain to believe in any other Gods than themself.

In order to win this dude (are you sure you can handle him?)
give him a fitting name and tell me what his biggest fear is/what he is most afraid of.
Good luck!

klovesugar2 wrote:
Let the oceans rise,
Twist the hands of time,
Heed their broken cries,
What can soothe your mind?

Please sir, it's all fine,
There's no need to fight-
Your soul is ever so weary,
So won't you lose the mantle,
Your tale is one quite eerie.

But I shall listen, I shall stay!
I'll heed what wisdom you'll impart,
I'll hold it close to my young heart,
I'll take your mantle, at least in part,
And help you when it all seems dark.

I believe you, please lie to rest,
The world can wait just a bit longer,
And a weary soul won't fight it's best,
So please sir, take your time,
I assure you we'll still be fine.

I know your strong, I know it well,
You have no need to prove this,
You've done your time,
Paid your dues,
Please sir, grant my wish;
Not disrespect, but rest!

I can not stress enough,
You've really, truly earned it,
You're old and tired,
No longer in your prime,
But sir, please don't fret-!
You've much to teach us yet!

If you were to leave tomorrow,
What legacy would be left?
Nothing! That's what!
Is that what you want?
Is that truly what is best?

Please sir, I fully plead,
Don't swim off into the night,
There's one whom has a greater need-
We need you, in our youth,
To teach us, to guide us,
To let us take your mantle,
And herald in the age.

Please sir, won't you listen?
I'm going hoarse, voice a whisper,
But please sir, heed my wish,
I promise it's nothing grand,
Nothing taxing, nor extreme;
Just linger a little longer.
Username: [size=85]klovesugar2
Name: "Gol Vahlok, or Stone Guardian in your tongue."
Name Meaning: "As I just informed you, it directly translates to Stone Guardian, though 'Gol' can also mean 'Earth'. But 'Stone'; immovable, impassable, weathering the test of time for as long as I have and then many eons more... I much prefer this meaning. It reminds me of the strength I once possessed, and the strength I fight to regain even now. I shall not be weak. I can not be weak if I am to lend my strength to Earth in order to aid her in healing the damage man has done in my long absence."
Fear: "My greatest fear? Must you even enquire?" The stallion graced you with a weary, bitter smirk, something somber lingering in those ageless amber eyes. In that single glance, he pinned you in place, frozen like prey before the predator lunged. Beneath your skin, your pulse races, while a weighty frog having settled so firmly in your throat prevents you from speaking so much as a word. Those hypnotizing eyes of molten gold bore into your soul, judging you, and finding you lacking, in some form or another. The stallion watches, impassive and imperial, waiting with veiled disdain as you're forced to gather yourself. He might not actually be a god, but he can certainly play the part with the best of them. Swallowing thickly, you nod, and his molten eyes narrow with a disgusted sneer to match. Somehow, you think you've insulted him, or even hurt him if that brief flash was anything more than your imagination.

"To be forgotten, that is my waking nightmare. One which has mournfully been realized, if you truly must enquire as to my name. For Earth to be forgotten, for Gaia to be ignored, for this devastating corruption to spread- this is my fear, my worry, my concern. You don't have a clue who I speak of when I tell you I've fought with Arumenzele and lost my heart to his twin Arizulia? No? More's the pity, more proof that the old ways have been discarded in this wretched, polluted, corrupted, decaying world... We've been forgotten... Am I truly the only one who remembers? The only one left after all this time?" Tears seem to gather in those amber orbs as they turn to you in desperate askance, pleading for this to all be some sick joke. There's a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, watching the shadows at play in those timeless eyes. A darkness seems to crowd them as you offer no assurance, still unconvinced by the stallions claim of being a god, of all things. He was certainly something more than the usual Guardian, but whether that was 'god' or 'insane' had yet to be determined. You were leaning towards the later.

"Of course. I should of expected it. To sink so low as to seek comfort in a mortal... How disgraceful." You cringe at the venom in his tone, wary at the dark edge his words had taken. There's fire in his eyes, something burning- searing you as you struggle to get away in time. As the bitter Guardian watches your retreat, your mind is made up. He's crazy. Surely no god could be so twisted- distorted into such a jaded remnant? Either way, you're certainly in no hurry to return to his company.

Lesson Learned: "You're an old grouch, you know that?" There was a slight twitch before his molten gaze spun to pin the younger Guardian with poisoned arrows. The mare remained unfazed, head cocked to the side as she observed the presently weakened elder. Not that it'd stay that way for long, if he had anything to say about it, but right now he wasn't going to deign that with a response. Lace, however, wasn't deterred. The humans were only trying to help, as were a few of the other guardians, but he was being outright cruel at times. Sure he seemed a bit depressed, but that wasn't a fair enough reason for her to let it lie. He was sulking too much in any case- he needed to do something else before he drove himself crazy... erm, crazier.

He just needed the right motivation, and what better way to prompt such a vain soul out of a rut than to poke at his pride?

"Geeze... If you're a god, then the standards must of been really low. Wonder if there's some sort of test I could take-" Now if that didn't light a fuse under his rear- the chestnut mare flailing backwards into the saltwater as he made as though to snap at her. Blunt teeth closed only on air, and a couple minutes of resumed peace were granted to the stallion in her absence. Of course, all good things must come to an end- a striped head poking up out of the water as it became apparent he wasn't going to chase her. Curious green eyes peered into irritable amber, the young mare slowly gliding forward to rest her forelegs on the self-claimed god's preferred cay for sunbathing.

"Impenitent youth..." He growled, scowling at the mare. "Now listen here you little harridan, and listen good and well. To be a god is no laughing matter, it is not something to be taken lightly, at all. It is so hefty a responsibility that even the greatest of Guardians have shattered under the strain. It is the health and wellbeing of this world's very balance on the line, challenges and tasks which no mere mortal could ever hope to comprehend, never mind successfully achieve. It is..." She listened with one ear as the old stallion ranted, watching from the corner of her eyes as a few noses tentatively poked up from the water as their own curiosity dared them to risk the 'nature god's wrath if it meant catching a few snippets of the interesting history his words painted. The previous lesson having spiraled into one of those 'back in my day' monologues the oldest of a species would often tell, only much more intriguing.

He spoke of the twins whom bore the weight of Life and Death, the mare he pinned for and her brother he so often fought. He informed his rapt audience of the duties each Guardian was to uphold. How he had traveled up the rivers into lakes and ponds to see to it that the plants flourished plenty to provide a surplus of oxygen, but burned frequently enough for the soil to remain fertile in the decades to come. How his beloved Arizulia was the embodiment of everything good, and light, and hopeful- every reason anyone could ever have to live, while her brother saw to it that those souls clinging so desperately to life would realize how futile their actions were- encouraging them to give up and let go, to be consumed by the ether. How the trio clashed, and one of the more volatile fights between the two stallions. He eventually trailed off, lost in thought, and the grinning mare slipped away before he could rebuke her.

She'd be back again tomorrow.

Last edited by Soph6297 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

>>> Uni started again. Slightly inactive. Sorry.
╔══════════════♕═════════════╗

My WMEsMy DAM'sMy GoSs
Lioden [#44750]TumblrWME-Adopts

» Art Trades: Closed
...⋰✯⋱⋰♕⋱⋰✯⋱...
» Commissions: Closed
╚════════════════════════════╝
For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary

Soph6297

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GoS #311 - Seal Bay

Postby Firnen+Saphira » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:27 am

Username:
Name:
Name Meaning:
Fear:
Possible reserve?
Last edited by Firnen+Saphira on Sat, September 5, 2015 7:18 am, CST, edited ∞ times in total.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
┏━━━━━━━━┓
ᏢᏞᎬᎪsᎬ ᏒᎬᎪᎠ
I have been cyber bullied
on CS for a bit and am
currently going around the
forums that I think are safe.
I am not going to say why
or how cause many people
will think it's stupid, but,
pm me if you wish to know.
Plumerian Lights: Off
CS lights: Off

MODS: HAYDEN
IS AN ELECTRONIC
NICKNAME! MY
FRIENDS ARE
LEFOXICORNIUS, AND
GUINEAWOLF55!
WE SOMETIMES
USE EACH OTHERS DEVICES
WHILE AT EACH OTHERS
HOUSES!
┗━━━━━━━━┛
ImageImage
Oh, hey

Firnen+Saphira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fg05281 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:29 am

Username: fg05281
Name: Prithviraj
Name Meaning: it is Indian for King of the Earth
Fear: as the god of nature, he is afraid of heights. but it's not like he would ever show that he was afraid of anything.
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animemice » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:59 am

Nevermind, congrats to the winner of this guy!
Last edited by Animemice on Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I'm Animemice, but you can call me Mouse. I love horses and ride them in my spare time. I also love dogs! I love to read and write, and want to be an author someday! If you need a hug or just want to chat feel free to PM me, I promise I will reply <3
Animemice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruby-Skylark » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:12 am

Username: Ruby-Skylark
Name: Cernunnos
Name Meaning: Celtic, The Horned God or Hern the Hunter
Fear: He fears nothing! He's a God after all...but if he were to admit it quietly to himself, he's afraid of the winter times, when the air grows cold and still, and all the bright life leaves the world behind. Those are the times when he fears light and growth will never return. He watches for the sun to brighten the sky again in spring.
Ruby-Skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Wolfgirl_ » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:42 am

Username: _Wolfgirl_
Name: Veles
Name Meaning: Slavic god of the earth, waters and the underworld
Fear: Veles fears very little, even though most would think he fears fire since it destroys much of nature, but he understands that this destruction leads to new life and is necessary. What he fears the most are the unnatural disasters like oil spills, acid rain, and pollution. These are not natural causes of destruction, they upset the balance of nature. He fears that these will lead to the end of the planet and all of life if they continue.

Avatar by: .Ghost. / Art by: SnivelGriff / My WMEs / My GOS / My Khimaira / My DAMs

_Wolfgirl_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bayfire213 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:07 am

Let the oceans rise,
Twist the hands of time,
Heed their broken cries,
What can soothe your mind?

Please sir, it's all fine,
There's no need to fight-
Your soul is ever so weary,
So won't you lose the mantle,
Your tale is one quite eerie.

But I shall listen, I shall stay!
I'll heed what wisdom you'll impart,
I'll hold it close to my young heart,
I'll take your mantle, at least in part,
And help you when it all seems dark.

I believe you, please lie to rest,
The world can wait just a bit longer,
And a weary soul won't fight it's best,
So please sir, take your time,
I assure you we'll still be fine.

I know your strong, I know it well,
You have no need to prove this,
You've done your time,
Paid your dues,
Please sir, grant my wish;
Not disrespect, but rest!

I can not stress enough,
You've really, truly earned it,
You're old and tired,
No longer in your prime,
But sir, please don't fret-!
You've much to teach us yet!

If you were to leave tomorrow,
What legacy would be left?
Nothing! That's what!
Is that what you want?
Is that truly what is best?

Please sir, I fully plead,
Don't swim off into the night,
There's one whom has a greater need-
We need you, in our youth,
To teach us, to guide us,
To let us take your mantle,
And herald in the age.

Please sir, won't you listen?
I'm going hoarse, voice a whisper,
But please sir, heed my wish,
I promise it's nothing grand,
Nothing taxing, nor extreme;
Just linger a little longer.
Username: klovesugar2
Name: "Gol Vahlok, or Stone Guardian in your tongue."
Name Meaning: "As I just informed you, it directly translates to Stone Guardian, though 'Gol' can also mean 'Earth'. But 'Stone'; immovable, impassable, weathering the test of time for as long as I have and then many eons more... I much prefer this meaning. It reminds me of the strength I once possessed, and the strength I fight to regain even now. I shall not be weak. I can not be weak if I am to lend my strength to Earth in order to aid her in healing the damage man has done in my long absence."
Fear: "My greatest fear? Must you even enquire?" The stallion graced you with a weary, bitter smirk, something somber lingering in those ageless amber eyes. In that single glance, he pinned you in place, frozen like prey before the predator lunged. Beneath your skin, your pulse races, while a weighty frog having settled so firmly in your throat prevents you from speaking so much as a word. Those hypnotizing eyes of molten gold bore into your soul, judging you, and finding you lacking, in some form or another. The stallion watches, impassive and imperial, waiting with veiled disdain as you're forced to gather yourself. He might not actually be a god, but he can certainly play the part with the best of them. Swallowing thickly, you nod, and his molten eyes narrow with a disgusted sneer to match. Somehow, you think you've insulted him, or even hurt him if that brief flash was anything more than your imagination.

"To be forgotten, that is my waking nightmare. One which has mournfully been realized, if you truly must enquire as to my name. For Earth to be forgotten, for Gaia to be ignored, for this devastating corruption to spread- this is my fear, my worry, my concern. You don't have a clue who I speak of when I tell you I've fought with Arumenzele and lost my heart to his twin Arizulia? No? More's the pity, more proof that the old ways have been discarded in this wretched, polluted, corrupted, decaying world... We've been forgotten... Am I truly the only one who remembers? The only one left after all this time?" Tears seem to gather in those amber orbs as they turn to you in desperate askance, pleading for this to all be some sick joke. There's a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, watching the shadows at play in those timeless eyes. A darkness seems to crowd them as you offer no assurance, still unconvinced by the stallions claim of being a god, of all things. He was certainly something more than the usual Guardian, but whether that was 'god' or 'insane' had yet to be determined. You were leaning towards the later.

"Of course. I should of expected it. To sink so low as to seek comfort in a mortal... How disgraceful." You cringe at the venom in his tone, wary at the dark edge his words had taken. There's fire in his eyes, something burning- searing you as you struggle to get away in time. As the bitter Guardian watches your retreat, your mind is made up. He's crazy. Surely no god could be so twisted- distorted into such a jaded remnant? Either way, you're certainly in no hurry to return to his company.

Lesson Learned: "You're an old grouch, you know that?" There was a slight twitch before his molten gaze spun to pin the younger Guardian with poisoned arrows. The mare remained unfazed, head cocked to the side as she observed the presently weakened elder. Not that it'd stay that way for long, if he had anything to say about it, but right now he wasn't going to deign that with a response. Lace, however, wasn't deterred. The humans were only trying to help, as were a few of the other guardians, but he was being outright cruel at times. Sure he seemed a bit depressed, but that wasn't a fair enough reason for her to let it lie. He was sulking too much in any case- he needed to do something else before he drove himself crazy... erm, crazier.

He just needed the right motivation, and what better way to prompt such a vain soul out of a rut than to poke at his pride?

"Geeze... If you're a god, then the standards must of been really low. Wonder if there's some sort of test I could take-" Now if that didn't light a fuse under his rear- the chestnut mare flailing backwards into the saltwater as he made as though to snap at her. Blunt teeth closed only on air, and a couple minutes of resumed peace were granted to the stallion in her absence. Of course, all good things must come to an end- a striped head poking up out of the water as it became apparent he wasn't going to chase her. Curious green eyes peered into irritable amber, the young mare slowly gliding forward to rest her forelegs on the self-claimed god's preferred cay for sunbathing.

"Impenitent youth..." He growled, scowling at the mare. "Now listen here you little harridan, and listen good and well. To be a god is no laughing matter, it is not something to be taken lightly, at all. It is so hefty a responsibility that even the greatest of Guardians have shattered under the strain. It is the health and wellbeing of this world's very balance on the line, challenges and tasks which no mere mortal could ever hope to comprehend, never mind successfully achieve. It is..." She listened with one ear as the old stallion ranted, watching from the corner of her eyes as a few noses tentatively poked up from the water as their own curiosity dared them to risk the 'nature god's wrath if it meant catching a few snippets of the interesting history his words painted. The previous lesson having spiraled into one of those 'back in my day' monologues the oldest of a species would often tell, only much more intriguing.

He spoke of the twins whom bore the weight of Life and Death, the mare he pinned for and her brother he so often fought. He informed his rapt audience of the duties each Guardian was to uphold. How he had traveled up the rivers into lakes and ponds to see to it that the plants flourished plenty to provide a surplus of oxygen, but burned frequently enough for the soil to remain fertile in the decades to come. How his beloved Arizulia was the embodiment of everything good, and light, and hopeful- every reason anyone could ever have to live, while her brother saw to it that those souls clinging so desperately to life would realize how futile their actions were- encouraging them to give up and let go, to be consumed by the ether. How the trio clashed, and one of the more volatile fights between the two stallions. He eventually trailed off, lost in thought, and the grinning mare slipped away before he could rebuke her.

She'd be back again tomorrow.

Won a GoS on Aug 4
Last edited by Bayfire213 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toyhouse

Elementals
Customs

she/her pronouns

Art by LaurenBlu
(Flight Rising / DeviantArt)
Bayfire213

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fuscontidox » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Username: Fuscontidox
Name: Adetokunbo "Adet"
Name Meaning: African Yoruba name meaning "the crown came from over the sea."
Fear: Despite being an extremely high strung, cocky, and confident GoS, Adet despises and fears one simple thing, that "Thing" is none other than Denarious Kahleesee, a scaled dragon ancestor GoS with fangs, a fiery glare, Breath hot enough to boil water, and too much wisdom for his taste. Despite her age, she looks fairly young, and hardly anyone expects her to be as terrifying as Adet has seen her become.

When Adet was younger, he got along well with Denarious, in fact, she taught him what she could and took him in and raised him along side her children. As Adet became older, he began to seem more distant from her, he met up with other GoS with elaborate styles, and changed himself to be like them, though he had natural difference from the typical GoS, he wanted to be more, he wanted to be the best. His attitude towards everything changed, he began to bicker more with Denarious and her family, her daughter, McKenna, had been the one mare he had been closest to besides Denarious. The two of them got into a fight worse than any they had, had before, the results ended in Adet Slapping McKenna with his tail out of anger and frustration.

Denarious having walked in on the impact, glared at Adet, her scales turning black with red tips and her eyes glowing in anger, she roared at him, fire shooting through the water like you wouldn't believe. As she watched him run, Denarious swore to him that if she ever saw him again, she'd fry him up for the humans above. Terrified, Adet left with the group of GoS that caused the whole mess, they stayed together and now call themselves the deities.

Since that day, he could feel fire burning his skin every time he came close to her where abouts and his fin would refuse to move any farther towards the direction he was headed.
Last edited by Fuscontidox on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have made my choice. My pms will be open for a week to anyone who wants to message me on CS a little while longer, or to clear up anything if you must.

Discord: Fuscontidox #0877
DA: Fuscontidox
TH: Fuscontidox
Fuscontidox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soph6297 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:56 am

bump <:

>>> Uni started again. Slightly inactive. Sorry.
╔══════════════♕═════════════╗

My WMEsMy DAM'sMy GoSs
Lioden [#44750]TumblrWME-Adopts

» Art Trades: Closed
...⋰✯⋱⋰♕⋱⋰✯⋱...
» Commissions: Closed
╚════════════════════════════╝
For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary

Soph6297

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby |Angel| » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:42 am

Ah, He is gorgeous. Would enter but no time to. Good luck to you all.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
DeviantArt|Toyhou.se|CS Species|
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
fly, fly away. like a bird in the sky

see the world on my behalf
to the heavens my you fly.

╚═════════════════════════╝

|Angel|

My pets
My items
My wishlist