#2438 Bay w/ Blood Mark by summer.

Based on Click to view
Artist summer. [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#2438 Bay w/ Blood Mark

Postby summer. » Sat May 30, 2015 12:26 pm

this babe has a history behind it. when they were first born, it was discovered they had an odd genetic mutation which caused a blood mark upon the shoulder. this blood mark cannot pass down under any circumstances as it is a rare genetic mutation. aside from this, there is yet another issue this babe has. if you hadn't already noticed, they're missing their eye and have various scars around the eye and upon the muzzle.

to try out for this lovely babe, I would like for you to tell me how he/she got the scars, and how they lost their eye. this can be two different stories, or the same one. it does not matter if he/she came about the scars one way and losing their eye the other, I would just like a brief description of how. this doesn't have to be an essay, it can be as simple as "she was attacked by ----", it doesn't matter to me c: this tolter will be considered a rescue.

username: TheAlmightyTriscuit
      show name: [optional] Where Rum flows like Water
      name: Gypsy
      eye colour; emerald green

Code: Select all
      username:
      show name: [optional]
      name:
      how [s]he lost their eye;
      how [s]he got their scars;
Last edited by summer. on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

we have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
-hebrews 6:19
wmetolters
purlsask.fm
summer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #2438 Bay w/ Blood Mark

Postby guilttripping » Sat May 30, 2015 12:27 pm

username: OvercastKid
show name: [optional] Twilight In The Name Of Misery
name: Misery
halter colour: Black
how [s]he got their scars; Mis was put out in the field one day in her previous home wherever you get mountain lions, because I don't geography, and she was left out because it was a particularly warm night when she stumbled upon a mountain lion cub that had been left by its mother (not on purpose!). The mother noticed the horse nuzzling her cub and went crazy. Misery was attacked by an angry mother mountain lioness and had slashed across her face before she could register what had happened.
how [s]he lost their eye; This incident was early on in the night, so Mis ran away. She huddled in the corner and wouldn't let anyone near her. The scars didn't heal and it caused a raging infection in her eye, she had to be sedated and get it removed.
Last edited by guilttripping on Sun May 31, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
guilttripping

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverrr » Sat May 30, 2015 12:45 pm

username: flurr
show name: Eye Of The Tiger
name: Rubella - Ruby
halter colour: Colour of their bloody shoulder with black buckles.
how [s]he lost their eye; wip - res with dog bite + spreading infection from barbed wire fence
how [s]he got their scars; wip - res with barbed wire fence
Last edited by feverrr on Sat May 30, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Sat May 30, 2015 12:46 pm

username: Zippo♥
show name: Made to be Broken
name: Dusa, derived from Dusan, meaning 'spirit' in Czechian.
halter colour:
scars and eye missing - an abusive, neglecting previous owner. They were a rich family who over worked their horses to the brink of death, and often left any wounds untreated. Food and Water was scarce, competition was rampant. It was survival of the fittest, a horse eat horse world. The scars on his muzzle are from a fight with a mare over a trash can lid full of rain water. His missing eye is a lot more complicated. He was the master's favorite horse, so he was constantly taken out for 'joy rides' down the dusty trails. They did not have any of the proper equipment for the horses, so he pulled the carriage by ropes with no halter or protective padding. The dust and rocks from the trail infecting his right eye, and due to it being untreated it was removed. The horses only savior was Animal Control, who were called in and confiscated the property. They saved who they could, Dusa being one of the only to survive out of the ten or so horses.
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Sat May 30, 2015 12:50 pm

username: Stumpy STMP
show name: [optional] Alligator In The River
name: Abra
halter colour: Could it be like my Mooney's but with 'Gator' on the strap?
how [s]he lost their eye; She lost her eye while she was doing a dare that Mooney gave her. She was climbing up a grouping of rocks after the pair had escaped Serpentine and gone exploring. Long story short she ended up stumbling on some crumbling rock and smacking the side of her head into the stones while struggling to maintain her footing during the slide back down. By the time the pair had made it home, Abra bloodied and blind in one eye, the mare got loaded up once someone saw the injury and immediately taken to the vet clinic. Unfortunately the amount of damage done left the eye irreparable and fearing leaving it in could invite infections, we made the hard choice of having her operated on and the eye removed.
how [s]he got their scars; The scars aren't such a surprising result of having suddenly lost vision in one eye. She commonly ran into things or scraped her head against stuff when she was doing simple things like eating or kicking up her heals. The scars going over the muzzle was from a time when she was running around and hadn't seen the low tree branch in time. The actual scars over her eye socket were the result of having scraped her eye over the sharp rocks during her slide, the same rocks that ruined her eye.

Hey, J, did they lose both eyes or one? Since the eye colour would be known if they only lost one, but it also only asks for one being lost in the stories. Sorry, I'm confuzzled. xP
════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby summer. » Sat May 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Stumpy STMP wrote:Hey, J, did they lose both eyes or one? Since the eye colour would be known if they only lost one, but it also only asks for one being lost in the stories. Sorry, I'm confuzzled. xP

woopsie <3 I totally overlooked that fact, thank you for telling me! it's updated, his/her left eye is emerald green, they only lost one c:

we have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
-hebrews 6:19
wmetolters
purlsask.fm
summer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grapejuice » Sat May 30, 2015 1:36 pm

username:
show name: [optional]
name:
how [s]he lost their eye;
how [s]he got their scars;

Quick reserve because I'm getting ready to go out<3
................................................................................................................................................
status update:
the way i just want a hockey husband...

Image Image Image Image

................................................................................................................................................
grapejuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thelastsilhouette » Sat May 30, 2015 2:50 pm

username: TheAlmightyTriscuit
show name: [optional] Where Rum flows like Water
name: Gypsy
halter colour: same color as her eye
how [s]he lost their eye; She lost her eye the day she was born, her mother a mare who was particularly skittish during storms went into labor due to stress from being left out when a nasty storm rolled in. The mare successfully had her foal during the quietest part of the storm and almost forgot about the terrible weather brewing right over their heads until a crack of lightning shot down and struck a tree near them. The mare panicked and forced her baby to her feet and made her run for her life, the mare was too spooked by the lightning and wanting to keep her foal safe that she didn't see she had moved her foal too close to some low hanging branches when they tore by the lightning-struck tree. The foal flinched when a couple branches tore at her right eye, she had her mother too close on her left to move away and couldn't stop running due to her mother's constant nipping at her neck. A few days later the owners of Gypsy's mother found the mare and foal, safe but not completely sound, Gypsy's eye was gouged by the branches and had become infected so the only option was to have it removed.
how [s]he got their scars; Gypsy, even with one eye, was always good at getting stuck in things, blackberry bushes, tree branches, fencing. Gypsy got her scars from fencing mostly, she found a lose spot in her pasture's barbed wire fencing and would stick her head through up to her chest to nibble at the grass on the other side. Her owners either didn't care or never noticed the loose fencing so naturally with Gypsy's help the fence was practically down for one spot in less than a month. Gypsy was lipping disinterestedly at some grass on the other side of the loose fence while she stood in it, with the wires hanging loosely around her knees when a hired worker started up a lawnmower near the fenceline. Gypsy hasn't gotten over the sound of loud noises after the storm she went through as a newborn foal and jumped at the sound of the mower. She didn't stop to think or remember that she was standing among lose barbed wire fencing, she moved to run and tripped over the fencing, she went down on her side when the wire tensed up from her movement a moment before. The wire that never really worried her or hurt her before was now digging tightly into her legs and when she started to struggle it dug into her chest and part of her neck and belly as well. She struggled for an hour on her own, letting out terrified whinnying in hopes of calling her mother over for help. He mother wasn't out in the pasture with her today and the person working the lawnmower couldn't hear her. She sat in the painful barb wire fence for four hours before she was found and cut free, the barbs did a lot of damage to her legs, chest, neck and stomach. Some of the wounds healed nicely and aren't visible unless you know where to look but some scars are still visible because of all the damage they did when she was stuck.
Thelastsilhouette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:54 pm

username: heyheygirl101
show name: The Price We Pay for Sanity
name: Hamlet
halter colour: suprise me ^_^
how he lost their eye; Hamlet lost his eye in a freak accident. He was in the paddock one day, as a yearling, and decided that it would be fun to show off to the mare he loved so dearly. However as he made a turn to fast and ended up falling his eye, happened to land on a rock. The damage done by the sharp rock was permanent and the vet could not salvage his damaged retna, leaving him blind.
how he got their scars; Hamlet got his scares from the afformentioned accident above. When Hamlet took his fall, it happened to be in one of the rocky patches of the pasture. So when he fell his face was cut up by the rocks that he slid across as he fell. Unlike his eye, Hamlet's scars are merely, now, superficial, unlike his eye.
Last edited by heyheygirl101 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silver ~ » Sun May 31, 2015 4:01 am

username: ~silverpelt~
name: phoebe
halter colour: like this
how she lost her eye; phoebe is a very curious horse, as they say curiosity kills the cat. in phoebe's case it's how she lost her eye. phoebe was curious about the new barn cat. all of the other barn cats were friendly and they were fine with her being around them. however, this cat wasn't friendly like the other ones. when phoebe went and tried to nuzzle the new cat, it pounces on
how she got her scars;

wip
silver ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me