Postby summer. » Wed May 06, 2015 1:23 pm

username;
      name;
      gender;
      eye colour; green
      sire; -
      dam; -
      offspring;

short story contest. minimum is one paragraph {four to six sentences} max is five paragraphs.

Code: Select all
      username;
      name;
      gender;
      halter;
      short story;

we have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
-hebrews 6:19
wmetolters
purlsask.fm
summer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #2254 Red Dun

Postby Captain Chomp » Wed May 06, 2015 1:26 pm

username; Champion.
name; Sunset On The Eastern Sea
gender; mare
halter; something sunset like
short story; WIP
[I told myself no, but it's a writing contest I love these things

Hey Captain Chomp here, wanna talk, just PM me I really like making new friends on here.
-
Sweetheart
My Bae
More To come <3

Click him please <3
Captain Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruberiot » Wed May 06, 2015 1:34 pm

username; jojen
name; Maker of Mischief//Loki
gender; Stallion
halter; The same shade of green as the eyes
short story;
(WIP)
ruberiot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella278436 » Wed May 06, 2015 1:52 pm

username;Bella278436
name;
gender;
halter;
short story;
Reserving c:

Saddle up
&
follow your dreams

-Chris LeDoux
Bella278436

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silver ~ » Wed May 06, 2015 2:35 pm

dropping out
Last edited by silver ~ on Tue May 12, 2015 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
(links) not very active here anymore
silver ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverrr » Wed May 06, 2015 3:41 pm

MY SUGGESTION LIVES

username; Flurr
name; All I See Are Flames - Blaze
gender; Mare
halter; Surprise me with something green
short story;

A small red dun mare quietly clip-clopped along, ascending the pathway, out of the soft-floored and roofed arena, onto the cracked and hard concrete paths. Her eyes were alight and her ears perked, her honey sweet attitude brightening the gloom of the dirt-caked and oblivious horses around her. Quiet bays, proud blacks, and the occasional snappy dapple grey pranced around the scene, kicking up dirt, and snorting with content. The old barn was it's usual splintering self, desperately needing a new paint job. The floor was covered with bent and broken pieces of hay, and small portions of cracked oats that had been trodden on by hundreds. Shiny bronze name plates glazed over with dust, and stalls large enough for the enormous stallions housed at the stable.

The mare's tiny rider slipped a pastel emerald halter the mare, named Haley, and tied her matching braided lead in a knot on the stall's bars. Gleaming gold metal clicked together, sealing Haley's fate as much as it did her lead rope. Soft, smooth brushes massaged her small frame, red coat gleaming under the stable's lights. Content to let the small girl untack and brush her, Haley closed her bright eyes and drifted off, remaining awake, but not truly awake. A half hour later, Haley's emerald green eyes snapped open, to erupting screams and frightened neighs snapped her out of her peaceful trance. Haley looked to her rider, but she wasn't there. She was sprinting down the pathway, tears streaming from her clear blue eyes.

Swathes of glowing flame covered the dark, oak stall door of the horse next to her, a quiet bay stallion named Rico. None of the other steeds were in their stalls, and most of the mares and stallions that she had grown from a tiny filly with were running terrified and spooked, down the concrete, riders waiting outside to halter them and lead them to safety. Haley nosed her stall door open the rest of the way, and began cantering out of her stall- and then she was caught sharply around her worried face by her halter. Panicked and broiling hot, she turned to see what her lead had caught on. She nudged it, and then began kicking the wall it with all of her might. It stayed firmly around the metallic bars, and pieces of hay alight with flame burned the delicate flesh on her ankles.

wip
Last edited by feverrr on Thu May 07, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bears » Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

username; Mother of Bears
name; Violajunia // Fable
gender; mare
halter; faded leather with bronze buckles
short story;

--dropping out
Last edited by bears on Thu May 28, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

adopts // leave a note

bears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaton, » Wed May 06, 2015 4:25 pm

username; Lyrebird
name; Mindless Maelstrom | "Con"fusion
gender; Stallion
halter; Surprise me?
short story;

"Are you sure you know where you're going? We've been down this path at least twice!"
    "Hush, idiot. I never get lost." The elf rolled her eyes, urging her steed up a pace to be in-step with the human man's charger. She studied him for a moment, and had to stifle a laugh as she reached over and flipped his map right side up. "Of course you don't." She was given a sour glare in response.

The pair had been traveling for nearly a fortnight now, and three days of that time were spent just in this forest that reminded the elf of a rabbit's warren; full of maze-like paths and dead ends. Of course, had her partner just let her lead, they would've gotten out much quicker but the man insisted on using the crudely drawn map he'd purchased in the last town. She was, however, grateful for the foresight to bring horses along with them. His was a huge stallion, grey as storm clouds, while hers was smaller, built more for speed and colored like clay. His hammered name-plate read 'Mindless Maelstrom', but she'd taken to calling him 'Con'.

The pair of them were on the run from the King of the southern Kingdom, Alrayza, for attempting the theft of the crown jewels. They used to be mercenaries, blades for hire. They did the aristocrat's dirty work; stealing, cheating, ect, and they got cocky. They received a job promising enough pay for them to retire, more than the jewels were even worth, so naturally they went for it. And it had been going swell, up until another merc, a rival of theirs, tipped off one of the guards. So they fled with one of the jewels and some coins they'd snatched off a noble earlier in the day. They sold the jewel immediately, 'purchased' two horses and some supplies, and fled into the woods bordering the Kingdom.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by the horse below her becoming agitated, ears flicking this way and that. Soon enough, she heard the sound that must've been setting Con on edge; hoof beats and the jangling of armor. Most likely the royal guards, someone from the small town must've given away their direction. Suppressing a curse, she allowed the horse to run, to do what it'd been born to do, and they veered off the path. The crashing of the larger, clumsier horse behind them affirmed that her partner had followed her, always trusting of her judgement. Within minutes, they crashed through the edge of the trees, and right into a line of soldiers. They dodged sword and dagger and axe, pushing through the men on foot and fleeing across the open field.

For a moment, it seemed like they'd escaped, until the whizzing of a badly-fledged arrow reached her ears in time for the weapon to just barely graze her stallion's leg. He still panicked, skipping sideways and pinning his ears flat to his head. Spittle flecked his lips, and she could tell his breathing was labored. Another arrow knocked and flew, this one burying itself in the elf's leg. A few more missed them, and her vision blurred with pain. She cried out, letting go of the reigns to put pressure on her leg and ultimately putting her trust into Con's hooves as she worked to break off the shaft of the arrow. The horse carried her to safety, veering towards another patch of forest and losing what was left of the soldiers. There was no sign of her partner, so she set up camp. No fire, no smoke, cold and exhausted and bleeding; but alive. They were ok, and they would continue to be ok.
// i used to be lyrebird! please dont steal the name - i might change back! <3 \\
depressed again - please be patient with me
chaton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby summer. » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:49 pm

Lyrebird wrote:username; Lyrebird
name; Mindless Maelstrom | "Con"fusion
gender; Stallion
halter; Surprise me?
short story;

"Are you sure you know where you're going? We've been down this path at least twice!"
    "Hush, idiot. I never get lost." The elf rolled her eyes, urging her steed up a pace to be in-step with the human man's charger. She studied him for a moment, and had to stifle a laugh as she reached over and flipped his map right side up. "Of course you don't." She was given a sour glare in response.

The pair had been traveling for nearly a fortnight now, and three days of that time were spent just in this forest that reminded the elf of a rabbit's warren; full of maze-like paths and dead ends. Of course, had her partner just let her lead, they would've gotten out much quicker but the man insisted on using the crudely drawn map he'd purchased in the last town. She was, however, grateful for the foresight to bring horses along with them. His was a huge stallion, grey as storm clouds, while hers was smaller, built more for speed and colored like clay. His hammered name-plate read 'Mindless Maelstrom', but she'd taken to calling him 'Con'.

The pair of them were on the run from the King of the southern Kingdom, Alrayza, for attempting the theft of the crown jewels. They used to be mercenaries, blades for hire. They did the aristocrat's dirty work; stealing, cheating, ect, and they got cocky. They received a job promising enough pay for them to retire, more than the jewels were even worth, so naturally they went for it. And it had been going swell, up until another merc, a rival of theirs, tipped off one of the guards. So they fled with one of the jewels and some coins they'd snatched off a noble earlier in the day. They sold the jewel immediately, 'purchased' two horses and some supplies, and fled into the woods bordering the Kingdom.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by the horse below her becoming agitated, ears flicking this way and that. Soon enough, she heard the sound that must've been setting Con on edge; hoof beats and the jangling of armor. Most likely the royal guards, someone from the small town must've given away their direction. Suppressing a curse, she allowed the horse to run, to do what it'd been born to do, and they veered off the path. The crashing of the larger, clumsier horse behind them affirmed that her partner had followed her, always trusting of her judgement. Within minutes, they crashed through the edge of the trees, and right into a line of soldiers. They dodged sword and dagger and axe, pushing through the men on foot and fleeing across the open field.

For a moment, it seemed like they'd escaped, until the whizzing of a badly-fledged arrow reached her ears in time for the weapon to just barely graze her stallion's leg. He still panicked, skipping sideways and pinning his ears flat to his head. Spittle flecked his lips, and she could tell his breathing was labored. Another arrow knocked and flew, this one burying itself in the elf's leg. A few more missed them, and her vision blurred with pain. She cried out, letting go of the reigns to put pressure on her leg and ultimately putting her trust into Con's hooves as she worked to break off the shaft of the arrow. The horse carried her to safety, veering towards another patch of forest and losing what was left of the soldiers. There was no sign of her partner, so she set up camp. No fire, no smoke, cold and exhausted and bleeding; but alive. They were ok, and they would continue to be ok.

congrats <3

wmetolters
purlsask.fm
summer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby summer. » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:27 am

*set to be revamped unless requested otherwise by owner

wmetolters
purlsask.fm
summer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me