Artist emberheart. [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Makoatl #303 - Winner!

Postby emberheart. » Fri May 01, 2015 1:52 pm

.kestral wrote:
Harmony
The story behind Harmonys feather is a simple one, she never found it, she was never given it, it's not from some magical bird, or some mystical Mako, it's not the result of some miracle.
Harmony made her feather, from a piece of silk and some dye. She took the silk, a white piece and carefully tie dyed it with ink, splattering it with deep, bright burgundy to match her hair. Carefully she cut the silk into the right shape, cutting roughly to allow the edges to fray. She wrapped the silk around a thin piece of wire, the wire supported the feathers shape, and allowed her to wear it as an accessory.
She is very proud of her achievement and makes feathers for others. But why did she do it? Harmony is biologically a male Makoatl. But Harmony has always truly believed herself to be female, her father insisted on calling her a he, and this was her first rebellion, the feather she wears is her showing she plans to be who she is, rather than who he wishes her to be. Her mother taught her how to make the feather, and everytime it gets ragged, or damaged her mother helps her make a new one. What Harmony doesn't know is her mother keeps every past feather, keeps them on a string where she works. Even as she grows older this is something they do together.

Transparent
Transparent/no items

Happy May 1st! It's still April in my timezone, but I know it's May in others uwu So I tried to do a springy design but idk what I got x3

So for this contest, tell me the reason behind her feather! Most original idea wins c':

One extra, if its art, it's unlimited, and if it's writing, the limit is 600 words uwu This ends on May 10th, which I think is mothers day actually, aha!
Last edited by emberheart. on Mon May 11, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
hello there, im ember!

I'm not active here at all anymore but I get pm alerts to my email! Don’t be afraid to message me if needed. As of Nov. 2023

Find me on:
instagram
deviantART
emberheart.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Makoatl #303

Postby sheepsorrel » Fri May 01, 2015 1:52 pm

RES
whgurhgurhogierh
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueHeart ❤ » Fri May 01, 2015 1:59 pm

possible res ;u;
━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤 ∾ 𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕙𝕠𝕓𝕓𝕪𝕚𝕤𝕥/𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣
formally known as MoggyWolf

active ∾ PM's always welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters Art Shop
━━━━━━━━━━━━
Sig art lines by: SpindleSpice
Colour/Edits by Me ~
BlueHeart ❤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Fri May 01, 2015 2:11 pm

reserved omg yesss
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epimetheus » Fri May 01, 2015 2:12 pm

mm pos res 0:
epimetheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Free Shade » Fri May 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Username;; Free Shade

Name;;
Mei

Gender;;
Female

Reason behind Feather;;
Mei is like every other typical Mako. She enjoys the water, spends time with her family, has tons of friends.... oh who are we kidding? She's nothing like that. Actually, she's quite the opposite of that. Though she understands that it is normal for a Mako to like and spend a lot of time in the water, she doesn't particularly care for it. While she is close to her family, they don't spend a ton of time together. Her mother is always busy with making artwork for other makos, and her father is always helping other makos with their needs. She only has one friend, Beaux, whom she spends a good chunk of her time with. The two of them are as thick as thieves. They are often found wandering around together playing.

One particular evening that Mei decided to go visit Beaux, she stopped in the middle of her journey there. Her brow furrowed, and she thought long and hard, but she seemed to have forgotten where she was. Actually, she had forgotten everything. Who she was, where she was going, why she was standing there.... everything. Afraid and alone, she ran. Even when she came upon the beach she continued running, straight into the water. She swam and swam until her energy was completely spent. She blacked out, and when she had awoken she was back on the beach. In front of her sat a single feather on a string and a note. The note read:
Dearest Mei,

Little one, do not fear. You may have forgotten, but i can help.
I know you don't understand, and you don't know who i am. But
please, just trust me. I have gathered your scattered memories
and bound them to this feather. As long as you keep it on or with
you, your memories shall remain with you. I am sorry that this has
happened to you, and i wish i could have stopped it. I must bid
you a farewell. But know that i am always watching you from
above, my dearest little Mei.

Sincerly,
~A.G.T

Mei looked at the feather with wide eyes, uncertain of whether or not she should trust the note. She hesitantly tied the string around her ear and gasped as her memories returned to her. She immediately jumped up and rushed home. After slamming open the front door, she rushed in to her home and gave her mother and father a hug. She realized now how important it was to cherish your family and friends before it all fades away.

(word count: 407)

Extra;;
Traditional head shot sketch by me
Last edited by Free Shade on Sun May 10, 2015 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
(art above by Hoggnunsstern)

Do you remember Kiamaras from way back 10 years ago? You ever wonder what happened to them after all these years after the move to DA?
Well, they're now an easy going ARPG with a website and quests! Most quests have low entry requirements and have multiple tiers of rewards. There's also a free MYO for new users who don't have a Kia yet!
There's also a discord for the community where you can ask for help with quests, chat with other users, and actively seek out Kias that are being traded and sold as well as new adopts!

If you're interested at all feel free to click the image above to be taken to the Kiamara website!
If you want to join the discord at all, feel free to dm me and I can send you a link to it.
Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ririan » Fri May 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Name ;
Orine
Gender ;
Female
Reason behind her feather ;
The feather Orine wears is very important to her. It values her life.

Orine was born in a poor family. Her family worked hard everyday , getting money , food and shelter for their kits. Orine was alone. Since in that place they lived in , school fees were expensive , and Orine's family can't afford the fees. So Orine always stayed home. But one day , her parents were gone to work and Orine was alone at her house. She had nothing to do and she went out to the fields. You see , Orine likes singing , so she sang in the fields with a elegant voice. Suddenly , when she sang , another Mako of her age emerged from the bushes. The Mako complimented Orine and her voice. Orine was happy and they got together. They played each day in the fields. But Orine never knew her name , or actually , she never asked.

After they played for one year , Orine went to the fields one day with her friend Mako. Orine decided to walk her friend Mako back home together. Orine went to her home and waved a goodbye to her. Suddenly , when Orine was halfway or returning back home , a fire started at a house that looked like her friend's house. She went closer to see and it was her friend's house. She say her friend lying on the floor , Orine went to see her and somehow , her friend opened her eyes , and gave Orine the feather. Her friend said "I never told you my name even though you told me yours.. I'm Setsuna.. Keep this feather as a symbol of our friendship that didnt really last very long , but..i..enjoyed..it.." Setsuna's mouth moved a bit , which is her last words to Orine that Orine never heard , and Setsuna didnt breathe later on. Setsuna's eyes closed with a smile on her mouth. Orine took Setsuna's and and the feather and cried out loud "SETSUNA!! I didnt hear your last words , but i hope you have a wonderful life next! You're my first friend and i'll treasure this feather that you gave me!.." she continued crying while reaching home. She hoped that Setsuna will forever remember her and live a happy life next.
Last edited by ririan on Fri May 01, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
不自然な光彩や
空白が後悔になる
らの記憶を掠わないで / xea cover

eng/日本語/华语 ok
toyhouse
ririan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zuppe » Fri May 01, 2015 3:03 pm

.....reserve if I have the time because this is a cutie pie
╔══════════════╗

xx Deviantart // Flightrising // Tumblr.

xxxxxxPokefarm // Toyhouse

───────────────────────────

xx My Mains // Rebirth // My Kiamaras

xxxxxxMy JBDs // My Plumerians

───────────────────────────

Commissions are: Closed!
Art Trades are: Open!
Requests are: Friends Only!

++Interested in commissioning me?
contact me through pm or over
on my deviantart page!++

sig artwork by sixbane and niluna -->

╚══════════════╝
xx𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓴𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼..

ImageImageImage

Jazz // She/Her // Lesbian // Cisgender // Professional Artist & College Student

─────────────────────────────────────────────────

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zuppe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AgentAlaska(Bagel) » Fri May 01, 2015 3:06 pm

- holycraptheresnowayi'dwin o.o -
*ahem* withdrawing due to inability to compete o.o
Last edited by AgentAlaska(Bagel) on Thu May 07, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AgentAlaska(Bagel)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .kestral » Sat May 02, 2015 1:02 am

Harmony
The story behind Harmonys feather is a simple one, she never found it, she was never given it, it's not from some magical bird, or some mystical Mako, it's not the result of some miracle.
Harmony made her feather, from a piece of silk and some dye. She took the silk, a white piece and carefully tie dyed it with ink, splattering it with deep, bright burgundy to match her hair. Carefully she cut the silk into the right shape, cutting roughly to allow the edges to fray. She wrapped the silk around a thin piece of wire, the wire supported the feathers shape, and allowed her to wear it as an accessory.
She is very proud of her achievement and makes feathers for others. But why did she do it? Harmony is biologically a male Makoatl. But Harmony has always truly believed herself to be female, her father insisted on calling her a he, and this was her first rebellion, the feather she wears is her showing she plans to be who she is, rather than who he wishes her to be. Her mother taught her how to make the feather, and everytime it gets ragged, or damaged her mother helps her make a new one. What Harmony doesn't know is her mother keeps every past feather, keeps them on a string where she works. Even as she grows older this is something they do together.
Last edited by .kestral on Sat May 09, 2015 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Having serious issues viewing dark colours at the moment. May delay replys to pms. Sorry.

The Leopard Pups
Grey, Black and White. The world revolves and we go with it. Twisting in this everlasting monotony, eyes of green and gold, watching and waiting for our chance, our time. Cytor, Liliana, Serenade, Bayonet, the Prankster, the sweet one, the mother and the lost soul. There birth was a lost event, one in a million, two wandering souls met in the shadows, and these four were created. There pups are the stuff of legend, one lost there sight, one lost there path, one lost there love and the other? The other lost his family, everyone they cared about. He lost his family.
.kestral

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me