Postby Neara » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:35 pm

From the contest by Infallible

Your Name: Stride
Horse's Name: Dosne
Height: 14.2h
Rarity: Common
Paragraph:

Sand.

Sand was a constant, no matter what direction you turned. It was the focal point of the desert. You could look east
and see the sun rise, or you could look west and watch the red fingers of the sunset stain the horizon with their likeness.

Dosne was one of the few who liked the desert.

Her mother chose her name well, as it literally transferred into 'from the sandhill'. Her foresight had strengthened
her resolve to see every corner of her desert. Surely, fate must have deemed her path correct, hadn't it?
Something must have whispered in the careful ear of her mother, telling her of the future she had ahead?
Maybe her ambitions were confusing her.

The dry heat did not deter her, only push her forward. Was was going to learn all there was to know
about her homeland, and unlock the many secrets the ever-changing sand was bound to known. The
desert was her brother, giving her food and drink when she needed it most.

Dosne loved the pale expanse with all her heart.
Last edited by Neara on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAM: Brown Roan

Postby guilttripping » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Your Name: fjord rider
Horse's Name: Twilight Box Of Chocolates 'coco'
Paragraph:

Coco is a sweet stallion. He is kind to everyone: mares, foals, geldings, humans and even other stallions. He always forgives someone and he is unlikely to hold a grudge. Sometimes, he gets picked on by the other horses because he is so kind and friendly. Often, he doesn't realise it though. Coco is not a snitch and is very good at keeping secrets. He is very genuine and usually won't be any trouble. The only problem is, he's really spooky. He will shy away at everything. When he does this he gets all hot and bothered because he feels like he has let down his owner radically. He will snort heavily and sometimes dance about you. Other times he will rest his head on you as if he was saying sorry. He is the slowest and fattest in the herd. He is last in the pecking order and often has to do jobs for the other horses set to him by the leader of the herd. He doesn't mind though as he values every inch of life as it is.
guilttripping

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fuscontidox » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:42 am

Your Name: Fuscontidox
Horse's Name: Keezheekoni "Koni" (means "Burning Fire" in Chipewa Native American)
Paragraph:
(Word Count: 131)

The sound of hooves pounding across the desert sand echoes in the open air, the glint of the sun bores at her coat as she runs, leaving a golden trail behind her like flames of a wild fire. Her fur, dappled with sweat and dusted lightly with glittering sand, dancing with the sunlight. She runs, just runs, like wild fire, she's set ablaze in her heart with the passion and craving for the feeling of the hot desert sun rippling over her and the endless rolling hills of gold. The need for the burning in her lungs and the aching in her muscles, the wish for the wind to whisper in her ears, the longing for that taste of outstanding freedom and control. For this, she runs, she runs, she runs.
Last edited by Fuscontidox on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have made my choice. My pms will be open for a week to anyone who wants to message me on CS a little while longer, or to clear up anything if you must.

Discord: Fuscontidox #0877
DA: Fuscontidox
TH: Fuscontidox
Fuscontidox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stride » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Your Name: Stride
Horse's Name: Dosne
Paragraph:

Sand.

Sand was a constant, no matter what direction you turned. It was the focal point of the desert. You could look east
and see the sun rise, or you could look west and watch the red fingers of the sunset stain the horizon with their likeness.

Dosne was one of the few who liked the desert.

Her mother chose her name well, as it literally transferred into 'from the sandhill'. Her foresight had strengthened
her resolve to see every corner of her desert. Surely, fate must have deemed her path correct, hadn't it?
Something must have whispered in the careful ear of her mother, telling her of the future she had ahead?
Maybe her ambitions were confusing her.

The dry heat did not deter her, only push her forward. Was was going to learn all there was to know
about her homeland, and unlock the many secrets the ever-changing sand was bound to known. The
desert was her brother, giving her food and drink when she needed it most.

Dosne loved the pale expanse with all her heart.
stride

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neara » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Gah, the best writers had to all compete for this horse :U. All of the paragraphs are great really!!!

But I must choose one!!!

Congrats Stride!!! I love the meaning of the name and how well it is integrated in your paragraph. Also your use of visionary and explanatory words is great!
Picarto.Tv [off] | Join.Me [off]
ImageImageImage
Art by: Andiliion, Folktale, & gators and feigns Avatar by: me
Comissions: DA/USD only Art Trades: same skill lvl only Requests: -never- Redline: yes
D.A.M. | Fan Club | Characters/Fursona | W.o.I.
Neara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me