None

 [Discipline >>>>> ]
 [Shows Entered > R: W: E:]
 [Shows Won >>>> R: W: E:]

 [Ej > ] [Ep > ]
 [Eh > ] [Ws > ]
 [Wp > ] [Wt > ]
 [Rf > ] [Rs > ]
Last edited by Steamturtle on Wed Oct 13, 3933 5:45 pm, edited 42 times in total.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steamturtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Misc.

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:02 pm

reserve
Last edited by PuddlebyOnTheMarsh on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pet's name: Pushmi-pullyu
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Touch

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:03 pm

I thought it was an unusual Easter egg.

While participating somewhat reluctantly in my family's annual Easter egg hunt, my fingers brushed somethings warm and soft. I froze briefly then quickly withdrew my hand as I realized that the "something" was actively sniffing me. As I cautiously parted the tall grass to investigate, a colorful head atop along neck rose from the undergrowth and that inquisitive snout bumped into my head. Before I knew it a long tongue tousled my hair and, curiosity finally satisfied, withdrew. My find hauled herself out of the damp, muddy ditch in which she had been resting and stretched herself. This was one "Easter Egg" that needed a bath.
Last edited by PuddlebyOnTheMarsh on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: First Touch

Postby deerteeth. » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:03 pm

PuddlebyOnTheMarsh wrote:Image

Screams. I love it! I love the pet. <3

Check out my C$ Shop

I am collecting all deer and making a giant deer hoard! Feel free to trade me bulk deer!
I am also collecting all staff and helper pets! The ones I need are on my WL!

deerteeth.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#190 First saddle

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Fri May 08, 2015 10:23 am

(Thanks ✦ Ɓєηנαмιη ✦ , glad you like it. This is a training thread though, so I don't need any additional posts here. Maybe check out the main thread.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life went on, too much work and not enough play. I barely had time to get out to the barn anymore. Consequently, my Nera spent more and more time in the pasture by themselves. There was a rabbit warren on the outskirts of an untended apple orchard and a small lake stocked with fish so they had provisions. As for visiting, an occasional wave as I dashed by was all I could manage and it wasn't enough for any of us. I finally got things organized though and could start spending several evenings a week plus every Sunday with my little herd.

Once I had all the stalls hosed down to bare floor and put down fresh bedding, the sagging main door secured properly and caught up on all the worst of the maintenance I mostly avoided over the past two months, it would be time for play. This is not to say I completely neglected my Nera during this work. Iris and Chia especially were enthusiastically "helping". This mainly consisted of standing exactly where I should be or trying to take my tools while I was using them. One memorable occasion found Iris swinging my hammer around in her tail hand like some sort of medieval weapon. I have to tell you it took some creative thought to get it back before there was too much damage. I finally resorted to moving my lawn sprinkler into the corral to make a mud pool. The lovely, pastel blue mare dropped the hammer and was muddy brown all over in about 3 seconds. I locked the barn door after the Nera got out and was finally able to finish my chores and move on to the fun stuff.

Opening the door to the corral, I found it was about as bad as I expected. Chia was easy to spot against the green grass of the pasture where she had retreated, close enough to watch fun but far enough not to dirty her pretty hide. It took me a bit longer to spot Iris. I heard a contented sigh and looked toward the sound. A large chunk of the churned up mud pit twitched then stood and stared at me for a second. Then the skin on her flank twitched and I realized what was about to happen. As she started to flap her ears, I retreated back in to the barn as fast as I could manage. I pulled an old rope from a post, waited till everything was quiet and peeked out to see if it was safe. There was Iris looking back. The other side of the door was spattered with mud, as was every nearby surface. Windows, wall and fence were a uniform, slimy brown. It was going to take more than a simple hose down to see that sky colored coat again. I gingerly slipped the rope over her head and walked her to the pasture gate. I knew there was a latch under the mud someplace. I wiped the worst of it off with my handkerchief, took one look at the mud encrusted fabric and tossed it in the water trough since I had to clean that out later anyway. I disengaged the latch, took her into the pasture and tied her to the fence. I quickly saddled Chia and then collected the muddy mare's lead and rode out to the lake.

The mud on Iris's extremities had started to dry a little by the time we got there so when she flicked her ears toward the water, little flakes flew all over like brown snow. Chia seemed rather interested in the lake as well so I stripped her tack and Iris's lead then stepped back. Chia had started to wade in carefully when Iris charged right past her and did a passable belly-flop, soaking the grey-scale mare. Considering this as a challenge, Chia leapt forward and created her own geyser of water. In the mean time I was scrambling backward, attempting to stay marginally dry with mixed results. Thankfully the tack had escaped the dousing. I hung it on the branch of a nearby tree and settled down in the shade to watch the graceful behemoths frolic.

Eventually, after the splashing had turned in to swimming and then floating, the mares trotted onto shore and started rolling around in the grass. Stretched out, their damp hides gleaming in the sun, the girls started to doze. Checking my watch, I found there was still plenty of time so I relaxed and closed my eyes. I was awakened by warm, not so sweet breath on my face. (There was a distinct smell of fish, to be precise.) There was a black snout was nearly touching my nose, Chia tilted her head curiously. Apparently I was the only one that wasn't ready to go so I climbed to my feet. I had already buckled the bridle in place and was preparing to saddle Chia when I noticed Iris close by, and getting closer. Her ears were fully forward and neck stretched nearly full length to sniff the saddle. I held it out toward her and she drew back briefly then walked up next to me and started examining it thoroughly, poking it with her tail hand as well as an occasional nibble or lick. By the time her curiosity was satisfied, she had managed to get between me and my original target. It only seemed fair to saddle her instead. I quickly and carefully settled the saddle on her back and secured the main straps then reached up to give her a good ear rub. With barely a glance at the thing on her back she lowered her head and pressed into my chest to give me better access. Soon Chia was wanting her share and hung her head over my shoulder. They say love hurts but I'd rather not be crushed between two over friendly Nera if I could help it. So, after a few minutes, I ducked out and used a low branch to climb aboard Chia bareback. The good natured mare couldn't care less. Slipping the rope over the cloud spotted head, I nudged my mount into a trot and headed back to the barn. Next week maybe I'll see if I can keep her clean long enough to try and ride her, no sense in pressing my luck today.
Last edited by PuddlebyOnTheMarsh on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:43 am, edited 17 times in total.
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

#190 First Ride

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Fri May 08, 2015 10:24 am

I only waited two days before I came out to the barn again. I didn't want to give Iris too much time to think after wearing the saddle on Sunday. I also came prepared with treats. I was really slipping when I forgot to bring snacks for everyone last time. Grabbing the bags from the car I went directly to the old fridge I had in the barn. I slipped the key in the padlock and opened the door to stash the various items I'd picked up from the store that morning. (Well, and the bait shop. Iris had developed a curious fondness for earth worms lately.)

I slipped a handful into a plastic jar and tucked it into my pocket then added some baby carrots and grabbed the tack from it's stand. When I entered the corral, I threw the saddle on the fence that bordered the pasture and hung the bridle on the post. As I climbed up to sit on the fence I could already see two very different figures moving quickly toward me. They both stood out pretty well on the green grass, one a piece of sky and the other part shadow, part light. When the girls got closer I hopped down to greet them. I had a worm in one hand and a carrot in the other, each nosed out their favorite. I petted them both for a while then moved to pickup the bridle and held it out to Iris. Then I had an idea, I took the bit in the hand that had held the worm and rubbed it till it smelled 'wormy" then held it out to her again. She sniffed the extended her tongue and licked the bit then seemed to think about it. I reached up and slipped it in her mouth and hooked it over her ears and buckled it on then gave her another worm while rubbing her ears. She shook her head a bit then started to nose around for another treat. So far, so good. I carefully placed the saddle on her back and secured it properly, handing out worms as needed to keep her happy. Now for the fun part. Placing my toe in the stirrup I smoothly climbed aboard . When she bent her neck around to see what had happened I immediately gave her another snack. Chia gave me a sniff and I rubbed her ears. She had never had the opportunity to see me sitting on another mount before.
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me