Time spent 1 hour, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by p-ond

WME: Dappled Silver Buckskin

Postby p-ond » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:38 am

I finally showed my face this holiday season :>

Unwrappable equids were created 2 years ago around Christmas time. You get told the base color at the beginning and this year there is a little twist to our traditional celebration. A section of the wrapping will be revealed on the 20-21st. The winner will be announced between Christmas day and January 10th; this is also when the equid will be completely unwrapped!
Happy Holidays!

Coat color: Dappled Silver Buckskin
Eye color: Teal (she suffers from equine recurrent uveitis and will become completely blind at eleven years old)
Sex: Mare

To try for her:
1)Create a seasonal piece of art (can be anything from a sketch to a full blown painted piece) of this character and another WME; it can be yours or someone else's, but ensure you get permission from them! You may use mine (here) if you'd like. I will be judging on effort and creativity!
2)Link me to your favourite holiday song and tell me why you like it.
3)Write her a detailed personality.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Equid's Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b] 12hh
[b]Sex:[/b] Mare
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Art:[/b]
[b]Link:[/b]
[b]Explanation:[/b]

EDITS: allowed
ENDS: 10th January

iShame wrote:Username: iShame
Equid's Name: Ruka
Height: 12hh
Personality: Inadvertently Aloof, Cold, Thoughtful, Hurtfully truthful, Dutiful, Antisocial, Values the little things in life, Complex.
The main thing one should note about this middle-aged mare is the fact that she likes to be alone at this current time, She feels that as her vision begins to blur, the more she should be on her own, before her sight is completely gone. She does not fear the blindess, but what happens afterward; what will happen to her if she were to not be careful in her surroundings. Though through this underlying fear lies a mare with a strong sense of pride, and does not like to ask for help, she wishes to do things on her own as best as she can before she is completely blind. Because her daily routine consists of grazing, lounging, and making the short journey from beneath her apple tree to the small pond about a mile ahead, Ruka does not believe that she will need any assistance in her life.

Ruka does not like to be looked down upon, and therefore she often turns away others to keep them from knowing that her vision is fading, and that she may possibly need help. She values her friends above more than almost anything, but because of how she pushes away their friendship due to pride, she often feels alone, and this only contributes more to how she spends her days lounging in the shade. Because of how much time Ruka spends alone, she often spends time thinking about the choices shes made, and what she could have done differently in her life, of how she could have had more friends; true friends, if only she had treated them better.

Ruka knows that as she gets older, she will inevitably need help from others. The landscape will change, even if her routine does not, and while it may not seem so, she values the smaller things in life, such as the crisp sweet smell of the apples that hang above her, or even the scents that play in the wind.

Because Ruka is slightly cold towards others, its very rare that others engage in conversation with the mare, and are given an array of body signals whilst speaking; alert ears, but a rough exterior position are only a few of the mixed signals this mare gives off. When faced with the ending of a conversation, it has become a habit of Ruka's to not say 'good bye' but give a flustered quick chortle, and trot off to her home; giving her more of the overall cold and hurtful feeling towards others.

Though some of the things others may not know about this mare would be that she is loyal beyond belief to those whom can get past her rigid and cold exterior, and she will make time to be with them; even if it means deviating from her current objective. She truly values her friendships; even if she does not say it often enough to her closest friends and loved ones.
Art: Image
If its to big for you to see
Equids featured would be Ezai's Edwy, KittyCatKita's Boris, Dia.'s Pegasus, Fae's Estrella, myktards Trucker, Horsy1050's Queena, Cavy's Girl's Jingle Belle, Bentley's Armagedon, Zvarjaciely's Chiman and your character Heroin Cookie. Each owner was given single images, and you will also.
Heroin in her Harness and Antlers
Heroin without her Harness and Antlers

Link: I'll Be Home For Christmas - Rascal Flatts
Explanation: The reason why this is my favorite holiday song goes back for years. My mom kicked my dad out when i was really young, so i never really got to know him, but i remember him singing this song for me, since the last time i got to see him was during Christmas. Its the latest memory i had of him until earlier this year when i finally got to see him again, <3 I used to sing this song each year during the Christmas season, hoping he'd truly be home for Christmas, <3
Last edited by p-ond on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
p-ond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME: Dappled Silver Buckskin

Postby jensen ackles » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:44 am

--
Last edited by jensen ackles on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
-

who are we to wonder where we're going?
who am i to tell me who i am?

call me jen | female | infp | gryffindor

plumieskalsbarnstableswmes

let's take it back and take in every moment
who am i to tell me who i am?

-
jensen ackles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kosciusko » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:00 am

I absolutely love what I can see of this equid, I'd enter but doubt I'd win.
I would love to see more dappled buckskins!
So beautiful.
Napacello Warmblood Herd | Deviantart | G I V E Y O U R S E L F A T R Y
Kosciusko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby giraffidae » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:01 am

drop dead fell in love with you Mahogany bay mare cookie... <33 sorry but have to drop out for her.. good luck to everyone else and congrats to her future owner!! ;D
Last edited by giraffidae on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

full time college &work⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

dA / chars / the dex

done with cs,
      wont answer pms

she / her / it idc
      pixs by me (>)
      ImageImage
giraffidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:10 am

Username: R.I.P. MaxtheParrot
Equid's Name: ユニーク - Yunīku, japanese for 'Unique'
Art:
Link: Tuloy na Tuloy Pa Rin ang Pasko, title sort of translates to Christmas Continues to Go On and On, I hope it's alright if it's a Filipino song.. X3
Explanation:
Wip
comms
hello, call me koga or zoo!
arcanthera adoptsmy arcanthera storageoff-oekaki gallery
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rax » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:51 am

Username: Raxacorico
Equid's Name: Tessellate
Personality: Tessellate, or Tess for short, is a bit of a puzzler. She's often off in la-la land, wondering what life is all about and pondering the "what-ifs?". Tess enjoys asking questions both to herself and others. Most of all, she likes to parse questions and form a complete answer using the pieces. The greater challenge the better! Problem is, Tess is usually too caught up in her own thoughts to observe things with her own two eyes. Tess's vision has never been great, and it hurts her eyes to focus and stare at something for too long. Plus, Tess is distracted easily and is often found finishing with an answer very different from her original question. Much easier to unfocus her eyes and let the world get fuzzy, so her mind can clear. It would probably be easier to find the answers to her lofty questions if she payed attention sometimes, but Tess has always relied on others and their 20/20 eyes and ears for the latest gossip. The people who "answer her questions" for her don't have 20/20 morals however, and they enjoy playing tricks on poor ol' Tess by twisting the truth.

People know that they can take advantage of Tess. She is not very observant of others' intentions or emotions, making it very easy for hooligans to play pranks unnoticed. She's always asking questions, which can annoy some and cause them to snap and lie to get her to stop pestering. Once she realizes she's been duped, Tess can be a force to be reckoned with. A vengeful gal, she is infamous for getting wrong-doers back. Tess has an extensive memory and will never forgive and never forget. If you cause her harm, embarrassment, or annoy her, you better watch your step.

Tessellate was not the name given to her at birth. She got the nickname after her herd members were enchanted by the perfect patterns inside the young foal's head. You see, back when her vision wasn't as fuzzy, Tess would arrange sticks and stones into dazzling (and often precise and mathematical) formations instead of throwing them at the other foals like her peers had fun doing. She looooves organization and lists and anything to do with putting things in order. What she has is actually a mild form of OCD, but it doesn't affect her life too much, besides getting a little irked when things are out of line. Ironically, she focuses so much on little details that seem wrong to her despite preferring to look inwards most of the time.

Since Tess spends so much time in her own head, she knows herself like the back of her hand. She focuses on her own problems and identity just as much as the questions of the world. The discovery of the deep, dark caves of the mind may be startling to most, but Tess has explored its reaches well enough to be comfortable dwelling there. Her worst fears, her greatest weaknesses, her myriad of regrets; these are well-known areas. Lesser travelled are the friendly, sunny slopes; Tess sees no point in reminiscing over happy memories. Tess also tends to focus on improving herself rather than be prideful, preferring to muse about her imperfections more than her accomplishments. She prefers the darker corner of her mind, and it shows in conversation with her and even in her deep blue eyes. Just as she is vengeful, neither does she forget her own mishaps. She can never quite seem to crawl away from her regrets and commonly finds herself wishing that she could turn back time to take a missed opportunity or reword ill advice to a friend. This all leads to pretty low self-esteem, but Tessellate has become content with herself after the realization that we all have our low moments.

Art: oh... christmas tree?
Link: Carol of the Bells - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Explanation: bc i am punk-rock heLl YeAH I heard this on Pandora's Christmas radio a couple years ago, and I fell in love because it is so fun to rock out and air guitar to while baking Christmas cookies and wrapping presents. It gets me so pumped for the holidays!
Last edited by rax on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:36 am, edited 9 times in total.
*PSA i am an awful human being + suPEr busy and will take forever to get back to ur pms and such sorry*

doing;
    screaming
mood;
    frustrated
thinkin';
    @ me please
    chill
song;
    first
    -cold war kids
lyric from the song;
    i do not deserve
    to wait around forever
    when you were there
    first
ImageImageImageImageImage
rax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fantasy girl » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 am

Stunning mare, but I've sadly got to drop out, good luck to everyone entering and congratulations to the person who wins her~
Last edited by fantasy girl on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
A dear friend | The Soap | Wifey | Twin sister | Precious Gosling
➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
WMEs | CKs | W.O.I |Short story gallery | My 200 WME Challenge | My dA | The Equid Gifting Game

Misc. wrote:Song; Houses - Beginnings
Thinking; hhhhhhhh I'll start my full lease on a horse 15th of September, so excited

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowhunter, » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:34 am

Username: Shadowhunter,
Equid's Name: Mnemosyne (ne-mas-enai or nəˈmäsənē). She is the greek goddess of memory and the mother to the muses c: Therefore, her nickname is Muse ;)
Personality: Worried about going blind, drinks in life bc of it, afraid of forgetting others- please don't steal! C:
Nightmare.
I open my eyes. Blackness. I blink, then open them again. Shadows. I blink again, harder this time. Open. Nothing, just darkness and rising hysteria. I can't see. I can't see. I. Can't. See.

Whenever Muse sleeps, she's plagued by nightmares of blindness. She usually ends up kicking the walls of stall and injuring herself, so the base of her stall is padded. It doesn't really help though.

As of her current age (10) Muse is completely blind in her right eye and sees random white dots with her left. Whenever she wakes up, her left eye seems to need time to "warm up". Each day, that time keeps on getting longer and longer, from a few seconds to a few minutes.

I wake up, heart pounding. I move and pain shoots through my left hind leg. For a second, I think the lights are out because I open my eyes, but it's pitch black. I close them and count to three. One...heart pounding...two...leg throbbing...three. I open them again and I see a blur by the window of my stall. A few blinks later, and Fluke swims into focus. She looks at me, worry and a hint of pity on her face. I turn away and sigh. Sometimes I think it might be better when I'm fully blind so I can't the pity on the faces of the others when they look at me.
    One thing Mnemosyne hates more than the thought of going completely blind, is the pity on the faces of her friends when she wakes up after one of her nightmares. She's not trying to be rude, however it makes her feel helpless.
I gather my composure and turn around, forcing a smile at Fluke. She smiles back, a genuine smile that I will not be able to see soon.
"Are you ok?" she asks.
"I'm fine" I reply. She grins at me again and skips on outside to see Balios and Athena. I try to get up and ignore the pain shooting up my leg and reverberating up and down my spine. My head throbs, but I know I must get up and not let myself lie back down. I need to stand still for a while with my eyes closed before moving. If I don't, I'll most likely fall over. I take a deep breath and walk slowly outside. Each time my hind leg strikes the ground, it makes me wince. I wonder what I kicked this time.

Muse tries her best to stay strong for her friends and for herself. She doesn't want them to worry about her anymore than they already do so she hasn't told them about her headaches and how painful the kicking is. A child had read her Hamlet when they both were sick one winter night and one line echoes in her head. To be or not be, that is question. Like Hamlet, she wonders if it's better to go on suffering like this just to keep up the pretense she's ok or if it's better to just give in and accept her fate. Whenever she questions this, she always yells at herself because she's sure rolling over is not the option. As time passes and each day seemed to drag on forever, she becomes less and less sure of her decision.

I finally make it to the field where my friends are. They smile at me, and we share stories, play games, and tell jokes. They light up my life and each smile sends a fresh bolt of pain through my heart. I dread the day won't be able to see them this happy. I grow weary and sit under the shade of a large maple to rest. Fluke lays beside me and falls asleep immediately. I close my eyes and try to memorize her face. I see her bright eyes twinkling with laughter, her ears perked with interest. What colour are her eyes? I panic. Blue? No. Red? NO. I cry out silently in frustration. The image of Fluke slips away and all I'm left with is a light, tinkling laugh. Alright, maybe Athena. She has a...grey coat. With dapples, lots of dapples. And blonde in her mane. But soon she too slips away. Maybe Balios....but his image is gone too, it slips away like a silver fish in the net of an inexperience fisherman. Tears start to make their way down my face.
    A fear even bigger than the thought of going blind has surfaced; the fear of forgetting her friends. She wants to be able to remember them, to conjure up their exact images in her mind. She begins to realize that she can't remember what they looked like and the thought terrifies her.

I wake up. Fluke is still sleeping by my side and Athena is busy chasing Balios. Her silver coat is streaked with mud and Balios is giggling. I crack a smile. I realize that memorizing them by their looks is wrong. I must remember the way they move, the look in their eyes when they laugh. I must remember the good times we had the many more that will come. Fluke is awake now, and she sees me smiling at nothing, but everything at the same time. Athena had pushed Balios into the small lake and they were now heading toward the tree, Athena with her head high, and Balios looking like he was going to throw worms in her stall while she wasn't looking. The four of them lay in silence to watch the sinking sun spark off the lake water. Fluke dared a question.
"Will you miss watching the sunset?" I smiled at her.
"No. I will have the three of you by my side, that is all I could ask for." Fluke's eyes were starting to tear up a little.
"Why do bad things like this have to happen to good people?" she cried frustrated with the world and its mysterious ways. I think this over. True I didn't do anything bad, but I haven't done anything good either. I have no answer, but thankfully she has fallen asleep again. I need to stop thinking about the past and worrying about the future. It's here and now that matters. I will not forget. I will not forget. I. Will. Not. Forget. I go to sleep in my stall that night, with Fluke beside me this time. I sleep better than I have in years even though I know that one day I'll wake up and the world will be dark.

Art: Dashing through the snow...
Link: Let it Snow
Explanation: About six years ago, there was a huge blackout in my neighborhood and we had no power for about a week. The snow was up to my knees and it was still snowing x3 We were worried about the meat so the whole neighborhood got together and we had a big potluck. Meat was cooked using the barbecue outside, and we also had a wood burning stove so we could make tea and other things. I remember someone had brought out a battery-powered radio and Let it Snow came on. I remember people singing and we made s'mores over the BBQ lol So for me, Let It Snow reminds me of that day and the fun we had without power :)
Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
shad | he/they

Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whisky » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:46 am

Username:
Equid's Name:
Art:
Link:
Explanation:
Image Bae Image
I’m weak, and what’s wrong with that ? Boy oh boy I love it when I fall for that.

Please stay safe. Do you need help?
Please look at the info below? <3

7 Cups of Tea
Lifeline Crisis Chat
For Telephone support in the U.S.:
1.800.SUICIDE
(800)442-4673 .... U.S. Suicide Hotline
(877)838-2838 .... Veterans peer support line
(800)784-2432 .... Spanish speaking suicide hotline
(877)968-8454 .... teen to teen peer counseling hotline
(800)472-3457 .... Grad student hotline
(800)773-6667 .... Post partum depression hotline