Postby cashew jackman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:23 pm

I'm bored so here

Code: Select all
[size=85][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Why did you name him that?:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender: Male[/b]
[/size]

“So you really are a princess.” Maverick's eyes burned both with anger and hurt. "When were you planning to tell me; before or after I got killed trying to protect you?”
cashew jackman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt

Postby ~Teya~ » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:48 pm

He's pretty!
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a snoozing skerple » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Name: Sumarvindr
Why did you name him that?: in short, because the fur's cut and the breeds lightness make me think of a windy setting, arabians came from a very warm land, and i'm obsessed with nordic names. there's a longer, more precise explanation below in transparent, but i figured i'd spare you the horrendous wall of text in case you didn't feel like sifting through it.
supposedly the norse favored grey horses, but they're always portrayed in paintings as light greys, instead of the greyish black-duns that they would have logically had in their lands. this leads me to believe that they would have had access to arabian stock despite the distance between the nordics and arabia. i wouldn't know that for sure, of course, but it's something i think about a lot more than i probably should. so much that it's usually the first thing that comes to mind when i see grey or arabian horses in general. thus, an arabian horse with a nordic name. although i'd prefer to think that this one is an actual black horse instead of a grey. ^^ i do like grey horses, but a grey's aging effects would demand the design to change quite a bit and i kind of like the horse the way it is.
'Sumarvindr' is OW.norse for "summer wind", as the climate difference between the nordics and an arabian's native land is pretty extreme, so much in that a norseman would likely find even the coldest of nights in arabia to be summerlike. they're also much more lightweight than the nordic fjording or dolehest, i'm not sure if that actually makes them run any faster or not given that northern horses are often known for their stamina, though atleast for appearances the arabian would look to be quicker on its feet and would fit a windy name fairly well.
a snoozing skerple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cashew jackman » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:36 pm

a winking skeever wrote:Name: Sumarvindr
Why did you name him that?: in short, because the fur's cut and the breeds lightness make me think of a windy setting, arabians came from a very warm land, and i'm obsessed with nordic names. there's a longer, more precise explanation below in transparent, but i figured i'd spare you the horrendous wall of text in case you didn't feel like sifting through it.
supposedly the norse favored grey horses, but they're always portrayed in paintings as light greys, instead of the greyish black-duns that they would have logically had in their lands. this leads me to believe that they would have had access to arabian stock despite the distance between the nordics and arabia. i wouldn't know that for sure, of course, but it's something i think about a lot more than i probably should. so much that it's usually the first thing that comes to mind when i see grey or arabian horses in general. thus, an arabian horse with a nordic name. although i'd prefer to think that this one is an actual black horse instead of a grey. ^^ i do like grey horses, but a grey's aging effects would demand the design to change quite a bit and i kind of like the horse the way it is.
'Sumarvindr' is OW.norse for "summer wind", as the climate difference between the nordics and an arabian's native land is pretty extreme, so much in that a norseman would likely find even the coldest of nights in arabia to be summerlike. they're also much more lightweight than the nordic fjording or dolehest, i'm not sure if that actually makes them run any faster or not given that northern horses are often known for their stamina, though atleast for appearances the arabian would look to be quicker on its feet and would fit a windy name fairly well.

Wow, very interesting! ^_^ he's yours.

“So you really are a princess.” Maverick's eyes burned both with anger and hurt. "When were you planning to tell me; before or after I got killed trying to protect you?”
cashew jackman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a snoozing skerple » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:40 pm

thanks ^^
a snoozing skerple