Time spent 13 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
87 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Pine.

by Pine.

Staff Kiamara - Pine. Winner

Postby Pine. » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:00 pm

What is a Kiamara? wrote:A kiamara is a wolf/lion-like creature. They have long, fluffy manes on the top of their heads, running down between their shoulders. They all have spots on their bodies- a trait in which will never be bred out of their DNA. They also have feathers- every Kiamara is given feathers when they reach the age of 2 years old. Their diet consists of fruit as well as meat- they prey on similar creatures that wolves would. Kiamara can be very shy before they get to know you. Can you win a Kiamara's heart?

Hope you guys like my staff kiamara! It's based on a blue jay and loves to collect shiny things, especially jade! To enter for a chance to win this kiamara or possibly a runner up, fill out the form below!There are no extras allowed other than the ones allotted. Please keep the form on cs, no websites allowed and the form /must/ be on this thread! Gifs and photos may be used as decoration on the form as well as fontmeme.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Why does he/she love jade?:[/b] 200 words or less
[b]Art:[/b] Unlimited/Quality over quantity please! Effort is key!
[b]One Extra:[/b]

Last edited by Pine. on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Kiamara - Pine.

Postby rem sleep » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:03 pm

mark
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hiroko » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Username:
Name:
Why does he/she love jade?: 200 words or less
Art: Unlimited/Quality over quantity please! Effort is key!
One Extra:

hot diggity dang reserve
I'm pretty inactive here rn

| ask.fm | deviantart |
Hiroko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArcticGold » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:05 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
Username:
Name:
One Extra:

Reserve! So pretty omg

Flight Rising

Hello there!
I love Doctor Who, Drag Race, Supernatural, Free! ISC, Legend of Korra, Hetalia, and Attack on Titan! Feel free to pm me about any of these! I like to draw, play piano, and swim!
NOTICE: PM me if I don't respond to a trade within 2 days
ArcticGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

yuanshi tianzun

Postby Rivkah » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:07 pm

username: Rivkah. || gender: male.

why does he love jade?:

In Chinese/Tao mythology, the Jade Emperor represented the first god. Yuanshi is an incarnation of the Jade Emperor, though he possesses no heavenly power that the god was said to have. Instead of magic or omnipotence, he is rumored to have in hand the wisdom of several centuries, dating back to his first form in the Ming Dynasty, where he had been, clearly, an Emperor. He had been great in battle and wise in ruling, granting the plentiful folklore surrounding his disappearance. He was given his title, however, because of his weakness for jade, which was seen as a substance born from the Earth and existing without flaw. Whenever he gained triumph in war or conducted business, he favored jade as his prize. In all following incarnations, this trait has stayed; in some cases, he has turned to thievery or illegal activity in order to obtain it. Throughout the years he has been born into many ethnicities and a variety of social statuses, and as a result his ways of collecting his precious stones have also ranged. In every form, the desire for jade has become so deeply rooted in his subconscious that he believes he suffers from deprivation.

count: 200

his entrance to this body:

x

x -------------------------------------------------- x
    Image Image Image
    x

x
    ImageImageImage x --------------------------------------------------- x

x
    x

x
    x
    x
    x
        My eyes flutter and I grip the counter, sudden sickness, confusion, and clarity coming over me all in one instant. Frenzied Chinese pours from my tongue and my eyes roll back into a head thrown astern in pain. My head is pounding, my consciousness… screaming. I can’t breathe; my lungs have run away like cowards before the fight has even begun. They deny me air, though they have no right to be frightened. My body suddenly throws itself forward as the muscles within it convulse in tremors of unyielding agony, and my horns - horns? - pierce the cabinet doors in front of me combatively, as if they are the source of my pain.

Lovely. I’m in the midst of a seizure and I end up with my new horns lodged in the cupboard. My breath wheezes in and out of me, as if my lungs are trying to provide support while still hiding like children. Spots dance in front of my eyes and my stomach churns from stress. Swear words in multiple languages color the tip of my tongue, and how they manage to surface when my brain appears to be going into shock, I’ll never know.

Years pass, though reality labels them moments. My lungs relax, my brain softens its rigid grip on my fluffy body, and my limbs seem to finally behave. I’m standing, recovering from something I have faced many times in the past, having speared my cabinets and gotten lodged there. I slam a hand down in frustration, wincing as pain spirals through my entire body, my mind hyper-aware of every anomaly. Breathing ragged, I begin to calmly extract myself from the door’s clutches, wishing that I had some way to blink my eyes and suddenly repair the damage. All of the myths surrounding my presence in Chinese culture leave a lot to be desired, given half is embellished.

Swallowing hard and licking chapped lips, I stared at the splintered wood, my moments-calm mind now whirring back into overdrive. Centuries worth of knowledge had just filed itself into my brain, those spots I had been seeing actually being flashes of memory from my countless lives. Which had been my last? I take a moment to breathe, soothing myself as I try to bring an image to mind. I had been a scrawny thing, and I had lived in the… eighteen-hundreds. Lovely. Perhaps this was the nineteen-hundreds, then? No… I usually lived an average of fifty years, often more, often less, and this time I had been born 1810 and died 1874, and I had spent my first twenty years, as I always did, not knowing who I was. I had still yet to figure out if my consciousness slept, only to possess poor people just barely out of adulthood, or if my mind was preparing itself for two decades for the big moment: a seizure in unfamiliar surroundings.

Alright, not nineteen-hundreds, then. After nineteen-hundreds comes… two thousands? As I roll that around in my humming brain, I reflect bitterly on what a lack of ring the term has to it. I’ve always had a need for perfection, I suppose, and that’s why…

Oh. My jade.

My hands fly up to my hair - and lord, is there plenty of it - and tear at it in aggravation. Every time; every. single. time. My least favorite part of the regeneration is having to start from scratch; right back with nothing in my pockets nor any wealth adorned across my fur. As the generations have passed and I have materialized across the globe, I always find myself in tight situations when I don’t happen to be positioned within Asia, and often times that entails obsessively hoarding money so I may book means of travel back.

Adapting to whatever time you happen to surface in so to feed your addiction to a single precious stone that haunts your very soul is never a fun experience.

I begin a search to rival a bloodhound’s, tearingthe lavish flat apart at the seams in search of any telltale signs of the life I was currently living. First I found a desk calendar, sleek and professional, displaying the date to be the first of December, in the year of 2014.

This was ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as the convoluted mechanical object, and it had a weird bunch of buttons displaying English letters and symbols. What was the purpose of such a thing?

Okay, so either Europe or America, at least. I hoped Europe, because that would make it easier to make it back to Asia. Upon finding a ruler in inches, I decided that optimism didn’t suit me.

Why did Americans have to be so rebellious?

Regardless, I kept in mind my knowledge of the geography and breathed out a sigh of relief. I’d just have to move a certain distance - unless I was already there? - to the west coast and take a boat to my homeland. This thought invoked worry on my homeland's state of government.

A wallet came next; Yu Conners. I scowled at the name, and at the ugly picture. That was going to have to change at the soonest possible convenience; there was no way on earth I was going to keep such a silly moniker. Perhaps reverting to one of my traditional names would be best…

My desire for clarification sated for the time being, I trudge to the nearest lavatory - which has definitely improved compared to those ridiculous outdoor ones - and begin to wash my face. I duck my head to the water and rub the cool liquid into my flushed cheeks. Whiskers now dripping, I raise my head and meet the gaze of my reflection. It stares back at me, unyielding as it mimics my stoic expression. I quirk a wry smile and it continues to follow my lead. I speak words that it bounces back against the glass.

“Well then, I suppose we have a lot of work to do.”

Jade eyes remind me of my goal.

count: 1000

art: full piece // (transparent) header by me.
    king's kimono by PurpleKakashi.
    jade stones divider by me.
    the peace of jade by me.
    do not cross him by gecko toes.

Last edited by Rivkah on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
I don't check messages here. If you've found me through other websites or communities such as deviantART/Kiamaras, my characters are not for sale and never will be.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GIGABITE » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
res

Bisexual - Non-Binary - Any pronouns
Characters - DeviantArt

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
GIGABITE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yuketsu » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Username:
    Name:
    One Extra:
yuketsu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koi97 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Username:
:~Koi~:

Name:
Wip

Why does he/she love jade?:
200 words or less

Art:
Unlimited/Quality over quantity please! Effort is key!

One Extra:
Last edited by koi97 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Koi~Female~She/Her
Single
Artist/Author
sorry if I don't seem the
most active.
Busy with irl stuff
.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┏ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┓

small link box c:
Nocturne Erazel
Charactersxxxxxxxx

┗ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┛
┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈
DeviantArt;; Koi97
Tumblr;; the-97th-koi-fish
Discord;; Pm me
koi97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chick magnet » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:22 pm

dropping out because i lost the connection! winner can have this art! quq
Last edited by chick magnet on Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:30 am, edited 45 times in total.
chick magnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaisisles » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:24 pm

HNNNNNNNN
*res*