Heat Fox #7 - Free Adopt [Adopted] by Veggievampire

Based on Click to view
Artist Veggievampire [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Heat Fox #7 - Free Adopt [Adopted]

Postby Veggievampire » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:58 am

This fox seems quite shy in it's mannerisms and tries to avoid us when we enter his/her enclosure. Perhaps you can befriend him/her?
Food? Shinies? Friends? Write a lil' story on what you did to try and get him/her to accompany you home~

Code: Select all
[b]Heat Fox #7 Tryout[/b]
Username:
His/Her Name:

Finishes on the 9th ^^

Owned by avindr ;

I may or may not like speckle things.
I also do not claim to be good at drawing the fluidy stuff. x_x
Last edited by Veggievampire on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Heat Fox #7 - Free Adopt

Postby koi97 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:15 am

Reserve ^^
ImageImage
┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Koi~Female~She/Her
Single
Artist/Author
sorry if I don't seem the
most active.
Busy with irl stuff
.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
┏ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┓

small link box c:
Nocturne Erazel
Charactersxxxxxxxx

┗ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ┛
┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈
DeviantArt;; Koi97
Tumblr;; the-97th-koi-fish
Discord;; Pm me
koi97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvus Prismatica » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:16 am

Reserve. (ooh! so cute)
Excited for art fight!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Corvus Prismatica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Res!
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruity99 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Heat Fox #7 Tryout
Username:
His/Her Name:
Image__________________________

Hi! I'm Fruity99, my trading is open.
♚ I LOVE Polaroid!♚
If you like rabbits check here!
https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4004250
fruity99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dorayaki » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:58 am

Heat Fox #7 Tryout
Username:
BlueMewCookieDough
His/Her Name:
Timido (Italian for shy)
Story:
"Oh, hello there!" I calmly whispered to the fox. He flinched back, almost cowering under a ledge. I frowned. "Ah, I won't hurt you..." I mumbled, when suddenly it hit me. "Timido..." I said the Italian word almost silently, but he looked up instantly. He tilted his head, eyes brightened a bit in curiosity.
"It's Italian for shy," I explained. "I thought of it because it describes you. Timido." I smiled at the shy little guy, who nodded as if in understanding before hiding again. Remembering some animals will likely approach you if you ignore them, another idea came to me. I decided to sit far away from him in the enclosure, getting a sketch pad and pencil from my bag and a bit of chips from the bag, too. I felt as though something was watching- probably just the heat fox - as I doodled. Soon, I felt warm breath on my ankle, looking up to see him sniffing me. A soft smile appeared on my face, and again I whispered the Italian word, "Timido," this time in a teasing tone. He gave me a look that almost seemed to say, "Hey, I'm not that shy!"
A small chuckle came from me, the heat fox turning his nose up in a sassy manner. "Ah, so you do have some character to you," I teased again, the fox this time grinning at me and nodding. He walked closer to me and sat beside me, nudging me a bit until I giggled.
"Timido," I said again, this time naming him. He nodded at me in understanding, standing as I did and trotting after me as I led him to the way out.
"Let's go home, Timido!"
heyo! you can call me levi or dorayaki.
i'm not as active as i used to be, but i'm trying to come back more often.
he/they pronouns

---
click us please!
dorayaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Veggievampire » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Bumping this up and reminding you guys that this ends tomorrow C:
Veggievampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

s e v e n . g r a y s o n | heat fox seven tryout

Postby hypnowave » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:02 pm

Heat  Fox  #7  Tryout

username ;;
avindr ;

his name ;;
Seven Grayson. Only a couple people know why he has such an un-heat-foxlike name. Apparently, Grayson was the name of his captor, the man who brought him into the enclosure, and Seven was the date he'd been captured; the seventh of September. Although, he's usually just called Seven.

story ;;

I'll admit that when I first came here, I didn't expect to come across this fox and fall in love with him. I'm not usually one for shy babies, but he caught my eye.

And I'll also admit that, frankly, for someone like me, he was a charming and handsome little fella. When I first encountered him, he was sitting behind a rock pile in his enclosure, and it seemed like he'd been there for a while, because the grass around him was almost steaming. I decided to just stand there, since I wasn't exactly the relaxed type of person. I tried to get closer to him, but he would hiss angrily.

His name was Seven. And what a wonderful name it was. He still had his fangs bared at me; I wasn't surprised. I wondered why he was so shy and insecure with himself. I decided to look at his info again. There was a poster by his encourage that held all his information.

It read:

Seven Grayson ♂
Captured September 9th, 2014

As an individual male, Seven is typically hard to get to know. Chances are he's in a corner right now. He prefers to eat his berries in private, and he won't eat if he knows someone's watching him. He doesn't like sandals either; be careful, he'll tear them apart! If you notice a couple scraps of shredded material, chances are someone's in a hospital crying over their scratched-up feet. You've been warned.

The reason for his shyness is mainly because of his captor, Grayson. He kept the Heat Fox under his care for several months, and so Seven formed a close bond with the man. Since Grayson is no longer able to care for him due to several issues concerning burning plants and ice cream melting too quickly, he left Seven in our care. However, we are looking for someone to take him in too!

AND KEEP YOUR SHINY STUFF AWAY FROM HIM!

At the smaller, obviously important statement, I wondered what I could do. Then I remembered the chain necklace I had brought along with me; I hated wearing it, but it was a gift from a friend of mine, so I fished it out of my pocket and held it out to Seven.

The heat fox took interest in not me, but the necklace. He stalked out of his hiding place, his bushy tail streaming out behind him. He warily eyed me, putting one paw in front of the other. And then he pounced, but I was ready. My reflexes, quick as they were, allowed me to pull the silver jewelry back, the chains of the necklace making a jingling sound.

Of course, that frustrated Seven. He snarled, then pounced up again. This time, he managed to snag one end of the necklace, but I still held the other, so that he was forced to stand on his hind legs for a while. He looked at me with a slight annoyance in his eyes. He reluctantly let go of the necklace and curled up beneath my feet.

"Oh, no," I laughed. "You're not charming your way to get this trinket," I said with a smile. He grunted. I could've sworn that he hated looking cute for something he wanted so badly. Either way, I crouched down to wave the necklace in front of his face. He ignored me, so I goaded him further, teasing him.

Seven eventually looked up to see me and the necklace, then pawed my leg mournfully. I gave him a pat, a little surprised at how warm he was in the first place. The heat fox closed his eyes, and if he was a cat he would be purring by now. I saw the look of content on his face.

I took out the necklace and clipped it around his neck. I adjusted it so that it would size up to him. He looked at the necklace, then at me. After a moment, he rubbed his head against me, and then took notice of my shoes. Luckily, those weren't on Seven's prey list, so they were safe.

"Seven," I murmured. I liked the name. He responded to my call and let out a small cry. He wanted my attention, no doubt, so I petted him again. He looked happy, and apparently that had him heat up more than he already was. It took all of my steeled nerves not to back off.

I stood up and walked towards toe enclosure exit, but he followed me, bawling a little. "You big baby, you," I said, bending down to give him a cuddle. He nipped my sleeve, like he didn't want me to go. I wondered what to do, then backed into the enclosure to sit down again. This time, he ran up to me, the necklace swinging around his neck. He already loved it.
Last edited by hypnowave on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
    █│
    █│
    █│
    jun / cameron
    he/him | adult
    ─────────────────────
    on hiatus atm
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:14 am

Heat Fox #7 Tryout

Username:
ToxicShadow
Please call me Toxic!

Her Name:
Mina

Story:
The opportunity to take home another adorable creature, one to accompany her new companion, was something that Toxic couldn't possibly allow herself to miss. She arranged a moment to meet with the curiously blotched Heat Fox, her already existing companion, her dear Ruvu, at her heels. One could not very well bring a new critter home without proper introductions first. Besides, the male Heat Fox was possibly more thrilled than she was at the opportunity. He was a friendly, social sort.

When they approached, the female behaved as she was known to, shying away and backing up against the far wall of her enclosure. Her ears were back, but her eyes were alert and uncertain, darting between the woman and the other Heat Fox at her feet.

"Ruvu, why don't you greet her?" Toxic suggested as she settled herself into a sitting position on the floor right where she stood. The large, black purse that she carried with her, which she often referred to as her Mary Poppins' bag, was set down in front of her. Still, in this time, the male hadn't moved. Ruvu simply stared back at the female, his head titled curiously. It was very evident that he wanted to greet the other Heat Fox, although, due to her uncertainties, he was also uncertain of how to approach.

His contained enthusiasm was obvious to the woman, so she gently brushed her hand over Ruvu's head, causing him to make a sound that was the Heat Fox's equivalent of a purr. It also caused him to stop staring at the other critter, glancing up at his human briefly. After a few moments of petting, his attention was drawn back to the other Heat Fox, and Toxic nudged him forward with her hand. "Go on, and say hello."

The female witnessed the exchange, her ears lifting back up and her head titled ever so slightly to one side as she was becoming less frightened and more curious. The human and the other Heat Fox seemed to be on good terms. In particular, it made the human seem... gentle. Yes, "gentle," seemed the appropriate word.

At the encouragement, Ruvu did step forward, toward the female, though with his head lowered in a very non-threatening way. He approached cautiously, slowly, attempting not to startle the female. His behavior seemed to put her nerves at ease as, finally, she took her own single step forward. It was sign enough that she didn't dislike that he was advancing. Eventually, the two were standing almost nose to nose, sniffing at one another. Then, suddenly, Ruvu bumped noses with the female in final greeting, which caused her to jump from surprise, but she didn't cower back.

"I'm glad you two get along," Toxic spoke, mostly to herself, as she observed the exchange between the two. Ruvu seemed to be the sort that needed others in his company, while it seemed the female needed help breaking out of her shell.

Eventually, with the two critters warmed up to one another, the female's interest turned over to the human in the room. The woman hadn't moved at all, only watched them, allowing her space rather than trying to forcefully gain her attention and approval. She motioned toward Toxic with her head, as if indicating to Ruvu that she wanted to know more about the human.

Carefully, she approached, Ruvu only a few steps behind her, for encouragement. Her eyes shifted up and down the human, before spotting something that caught her attention. Abruptly, her eyes went wide, and she pounced onto the woman's purse. She began batting at one of the key chains hanging from the purse strap, one that appeared to be a black and white spotted cow plush. Toxic could only laugh at her antics, amused by them, which caused her to suddenly stop and stare up at the woman's face. She took a step backward, head lowered, as if she was ashamed of herself and what she had done.

"No, no, that's all right. You can have it," the woman assured her, unclipping the plush key chain and offering it out in her hand toward the Heat Fox. "It sort of looks like you and you like it, so take it."

ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostvvinz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 am

Heat Fox #7 Tryout

Username:
Rainstorm007
Her Name:
Ailo
Story:
I had come to the Heat Fox Reserve to adopt a new friend. The staff had shown me many colorful foxes, but I didn't see quite what I wanted in any of them. As we approached the final enclosure, I sighed. If this next fox wasn't what I had wanted, I would go home without a new companion. As I turned to see what colorful creature was in the enclosure, one of the staff members tapped my shoulder,
"You might as well look elsewhere because nobody can get her to come out from her den. Not even when we go to feed her. She waits until nobody's around, and then eats."
The lady said in a kind voice.
"Uh, thank you, but I haven't even taken a look at her yet. She may be just what I'm looking for."
I said before turning back towards the enclosure. I gasped as I saw the fox had been watching my every move from behind a clump of bushes. I could hardly see her in the dim light of the enclosure and the thicket of branches she stood behind. She didn't seem as shy as the lady had said.
"Seems you have quite the sense of curiosity!"
I said quietly, as to not scare her off. I opened the enclosure door a bit, just enough for me to squeeze inside. I sat down with my back against a tree and watched the smallish heat fox.
"Wanna come home with me? Would you like that?"
I asked as if she could hear me. She made her way out from behind the bushes, setting her paws down lightly and moving slowly towards me, trying not to be detected. I acted as if I couldn't see her until she was a few yards from where I sat. I dared not move, if I did, I would lose her trust. One paw after the other, she came closer and closer. I slowly extended my hand out towards her, and closed my eyes, hoping she wouldn't be scared by my advances. I felt warm breath on my hand, then a soft fur and wet nose. I jumped a bit, not expecting her to actually touch me. I smiled and slowly opened my eyes.
"I take that as a yes."
I reached for the collar wrapped around her neck and attached the long leash I had been given when I first came to the reserve. She flinched a bit when the leash snapped on but otherwise was still. I slowly stood up, causing her to take a few steps back.
"It's alright. I won't hurt you."
I lightly tugged on the leash as I walked to the door, telling her to follow.
"Do you like the name Ailo?"
I could see her eyes light up, she had finally been given a name.
ghostvvinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me