Artist boxcarr [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Halloween Pseudodragon #17 - The Hunter [WINNERS]

Postby boxcarr » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:36 am

What's this? A blank pseudodragon?

This dragon has taken a special interest in the creatures lurking around. Have they been hunting these things for years? Do they know more than we do? Perhaps they've just started hunting?

Tell me about this dragon, and the winner will get a dragon based off their story!
    The pseudodragon will indeed have edits. c;

Code: Select all
    Username:
    Name:

You may include anything you want in the form, but you are not allowed to make art of the dragon, or describe them physically.

Tips:
      - I love nicely coded forms
      - Crazy insane bright colours suck, please don't use them
      - Less is more in terms of extra information
      - I still want to see you developing the character, but I won't read through 80 solid text walls
      - You are allowed to make art for your story, but make sure the dragon isn't shown
      - If you use colours in your form, I may take them into account when designing
      - As much as I absolutely love Supernatural, please don't use any pre-made characters. This is for you to make your own!

This will end on November 23rd.
    Extended until December 5th ~

Questions or concerns? Please PM me! I am happy to help. <3
Last edited by boxcarr on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
[ she/they | adult | tall cryptid ]

[ dA | zookeeper | canadian ]
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
boxcarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Halloween Pseudodragon #17 - The Hunter

Postby Charboo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:43 am

Possible Reserve! ♥

She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aizui » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:53 am

Username: --
Name: --
Story: --
[word limit: 2500 words]
Last edited by Aizui on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aizui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solflo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:19 am

Username: umbreon_rock
Name: Doll
Story: [190/2500]
Doll blinked slowly, looking around.
How cute those kids were, coming to
her arms to be scared. When it was dark
night, she could be just another creepy doll.
One single sentence and they would be
gone screaming. She heard steps. Yes,
here they were.
Doll sat still, no expression on her face.
The kids were there, on the dark room.
Dolls were scattered around the room,
most broken, with missing limbs.
The small group stood in front of the dragon.
"Take a look", one said. "This one is so realistic!
So bizarre!"
Then the boy stepped back. Doll had turned
her head to the right, a slow and trained move.
She blinked once, twice.
"Friend?", she asked.
The kids screamed. Doll slowly got up. "Friend?",
she asked again, slowly walking towards them.
"Let's go!", a boy shouted, on a high-pitched voice
and the kids ran away. Doll laughed while they
rushed through the door. She went downstairs,
and found a girl staring at her. "Boo!", Doll said
to her. "You are creepy, you know?", the little
girl said. "But you are beautiful", was all she
said before going away.
Last edited by solflo on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
tumblr / FR / neocities Image formerly .sol / -verso / umbreon-rock
solflo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blizzard- » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:36 am

“Just as there are physical monsters, can there not be mental or psychic monsters born? The face and body may be perfect, but if a twisted gene or malformed egg can produce physical monsters, may not the same process produce a malformed soul?

Monsters are variations from the accepted normal to a greater or a less degree. As a child may be born without an arm, so one may be born without kindness or the potential of conscience. A man who loses his arms in an accident has a great struggle to adjust himself to the lack, but one born without arms suffers only from people who find him strange. Having never had arms, he cannot miss them. To a monster the norm must seem monstrous, since everyone is normal to himself. To the inner monster it must be even more obscure, since he has no visible thing to compare with others. To a criminal, honesty is foolish. You must not forget that a monster is only a variation, and that to a monster the norm is monstrous.”

-John Steinbeck, East of Eden

John Steinbeck addressed in his book, East of Eden, monsters. He spoke on how some monsters were born to normal parents; Some monsters even appeared normal on the outside, yet were monsters on the inside. Would I say I am one of those monsters? Maybe. I don't feel like a monster. Then again, how would I know any differently if that's how I was born? Maybe I am a monster. At least then I'd have some excuse...

I was born with this abnormality, but you can see that, so I won't go any further on the subject. However, besides that I function normally. I am almost normal on the outside beside the obvious abomination. But, On the inside I am not normal. That's what everyone else tells me. I wouldn't know, for I know no better. Others can feel the difference; maybe they can see it in my eyes when they first glance at me. I've always been told my eyes are spectacular, but my eyes are the only spectacular thing about me. In the dark you can't even see me; at least that's what other people say. I wouldn't know.

It started from a young age: the watches. I called them that for the lack of any better title. I started hearing the voices, they lead me to these creatures. Maybe it was the abnormality that drew in the voices. It wouldn't surprise me, but then again, nothing really surprises me. The voices told me to head into the forest. The moon was full above the empty tree branches, and I could see my breath rise to the heavens. The white mist of my exhale disappeared into the air; maybe that's where my emotions went, gone in cold night sky like my breath.

The voices lead me to the pond near the center of the forest. They told me to sit and watch, so I did. That's when the creatures appeared. They were tall, black beings. They resembled stags, pure black stags. Yet they were so weak; the males could barely hold up their heads with their massive black antlers. I sat there through the early morning hours, watching these creatures interact with one another. This continued every full moon; the voices would yell at me until the task was complete and stop once it was done.

A few years later, on another full moon, I was out doing the work of the voices, watching these black beasts. The voices had quieted down, or at least I had thought. They started to scream, "Kill them, kill them!" It got so loud, my ears felt as though they were bleeding. So I crouched, stalking up close to on of the weaker does of the group. I leaped, clinging to the back of the black beast. Luckily, the beast died from a heart attack due to shock; these creatures had never been hunted before and thus didn't know how to handle the situation. Well, others would say that was lucky. I don't feel the emotions they do, so I wouldn't know that this hunting was wrong.

I began to tell my parents about these creatures after the first hunt. They seemed worried, what ever that feeling is. I wouldn't know. They took me to the doctor, but not the doctor most people visit. He told me only I can see the tall black creatures during the full moon, and he acts as though this is a problem. I don't see it as a problem. The voices tell me to hunt, so I do. There's no problem here, even if I am the only one who can see these things.

Because of this, others see me as a monster. Emotionless they say, but I don't care for what I'm missing. I just hunt; I hunt to keep the voices at bay. The creatures have appeared outside of the forest sometimes, so I hunt them. That's what the voices tell me to do. It happens during class, in public, everywhere. The others stare at me as though I'm stalking some invisible thing. Why can't the others see them? It's a good thing they are weak, or they could really hurt someone. Maybe they will start hurting people, and it will be me who saves everyone. Though, what would I care? They didn't believe me in the first place.

So I hunt; hunt to stop the voices.
I hunt the things only I can see...

Last edited by Blizzard- on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Commissions are CLOSED.
| My WME's | | My Characters | | My Fursona |

ImageImageImage
Icon Lines (c) Peace&Colby

Heartache is the worst ailment...
Blizzard-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:39 am

username: the awkward one.
    name: christophe
    story: the male stuck his head close to the ground and ducked under low hanging branches. he was stalking through a marsh and thick mud was hugging his paws and also streaking over his body. giving a gruff growl he ducked his head again to avoid being pecked in the head by a stupid damn branch. pausing after avoiding the branch he winced and looked down at his feet- muddy and with thorns all in them... yeah. his paws were abused by his travels. he could see they were bleeding also if he squinted. " god.. stupid dang christ.. y' must et be my paws.. et iz uzeless to even walk a marsh if your paws just get more tattered along ze way ! " he snarled out loud, quite angry to know his paws weren't getting any rest from walking- he had imagined the soft mud with comfort them but no, instead, in the mud had been stupid thorns scattered around ! " bloody ell' what must a guy do to geet a break around 'zere ? " he muttered quietly, dropping his head low to the ground and swiping a paw in the mud. glaring at the ground for a second ore he snorted now and brought his head to look up again- his eyes looking around and narrowing. flicking one ear down he lifted one paw slowly.
Last edited by yeena on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
yeena / any pronouns / borzoi enthusiast

[art by sleepycalicos]
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghoulbites » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:54 am

Possible Reserve (・ω・)
You think
You can take me on? Come at me, I got fists o' fury
Don't let my face trick you. I'm 100% Pure BAMF! ~ Oliver

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

bearRivkah
Art by poffydog @ dA.
Icon by Vaughn
Oliver belongs to me
Lazy sig is still lazy

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
ghoulbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stabbrielle » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:59 am

Username:
Name:
stabbrielle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:22 am

marking c:

❤️
༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ toyhouse ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
my uncomfortable habits <3
[🐰] [🐭] [🌹]
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frogpaws » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:36 am

2399/2500

✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
Somewhere up in the stars is a foul creature; soaring past planets and floating rocks, on the hunt for alien flesh. Its mind fills with the image of leathery, pimpled skin and gooey, emerald, ooze of a spaceman dripping into its jaws. It grins as it perches upon a space boulder; likely the product of a planet, broken and eroded by time. It’s looking for something to attack, to leap upon, and be satisfied for it appears only as a shadow to those around it. Other asteroids float by and collide with each other in a galactic dance. It watches calmly as a nearby star explodes. The burst sends shock waves towards the creature, but it balances perfectly upon its sphere. Its sharp nails probe in its place as the space rock proceeds slightly in a different direction. Suddenly, a large metal ship is flying towards the monster’s rock, twisting and spinning uncontrollably through the heavens. The shadow creature licks at its jowls, preparing to strike. It waits in patience as the ship nears closer. This will be its first meal in ages. Once the vessel is close enough, the fiend propels itself off the asteroid and slices it’s thick claws into the metal. The men inside see only the opaque outline of the beast as it consumes every bit of metallic scrap in one gulp. The creature smirks cheerfully after it has swallowed the vessel. It looks over, into the distance, and it sees a large, silver, building just floating, waiting to be destroyed. Its smile enlarges at the sight. The monster begins to make it’s way to its next meal.

A beeping fills the station.
“Sir! Ship 325 is down, sir!”
Captain Ingot grumbled angrily.
“Dammit Geo, no video reports?”
Geo checks the video feed on his monitor. He presses buttons rapidly, clearly knowing what he’s doing. He clicks file 325 and slams his hand on the keyboard as the screen pixelates.
“Sir, the file is corrupt!”
“I swear...that thing..it’s messing with us.”
Geo is silent for a moment. He peers nervously at the captain.
“Captain Ingot sir, you know it’s just a story. We sent many ships out who came back with nothing.”

But the truth was, Geo believed in the “thing”. He wanted so badly to be able to venture out of the station, to see the beast, but his status permitted him so.

“I can’t keep losing cadets like this…”
He let out a deep sigh and then pressed his neatly webbed fingers to his chest.

“Sir, I swear, if you let me help I can-”

“Absolutely not Geo. You know that’d be impossible.”

He looked down at the cadet’s prosthetic leg, then looked back into his eyes.

“Don’t fight with me. You know how much we need you. Besides, that...thing….should be a reminder. Space is a dangerous place. Don’t you remember the planet that was destroyed? It’s because of it that we fight to protect our kind.”
“Yes, sir..”

The light from Geo’s eyes faded as he returned to his work station.
I’m going to do it, he thought, I’m going to find the creature!

The next day, Geo came into work, groggily rubbing his eyes. They were bloodshot, clearly from lack of sleep. He gave out a large yawn and he could feel his eyelids drooping as he made his way to his work station.
“Cadet, wake up. It’s time for work.”
“Yes sir..”
He sat down on his seat, the cold leather shocking him awake a bit. His eyes fixated quickly on a lit-up screen and he noticed the number 326 in neat yellow letters. His fatigued brain was unable to think fast enough before the captain was explaining.

“Geo, we have another ship being sent in.”

“Sir! Are you sure that’s a good idea? What if-”

“We have no other choice cadet. Do you want to find out what’s going on or not?”

Geo shrunk in the still-cold leather seat, which was now warming up to his body temperature a bit. He knew this wouldn’t work and that they would keep losing cadet’s until no one was left. He felt a bit of sadness sink into his chest, but maybe it was more because he couldn’t be out there in space, he thought.

“SHIP EXIT COMMENCED.”

Geo jumped as the voice blared from the side speakers. The word “COMMENCING” filled the screen in bright red letters, followed by 3 small dots. The cadet sat patiently, but in constant worry for what could happen.
For a few minutes, things were alright. Geo checks the video feed several times, and nothing seems to be wrong. The ship moves at a steady pace and the drivers’ faces are stern and focused. The ship’s front camera shows an endless amount of terrain and stars farther than can be measured. Small floating rocks clink together in the distance, like pool balls. All of the vessel’s systems are running perfectly. Lasers, check. Burners, check. Jets, check. Fuel, check. Captain Ingot omits a smile at the cadet. “Nice work, Geo.”
For the time being, all is well. Geo smiles back at the captain and gives a miniscule nod. Being in the station for so long, one ought to know a bit about the controls.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Abruptly, an alarm fills the air; a noise loud enough to cause deafness to any Earthly being. As much as the sound surprises the two, their foreign bodies can handle it.

“What’s going on?! What is-”

“INGOT! INGOT! WE HAVE TO COME BACK!”
Captain Ingot’s smile faded as he heard the calls of the ship drivers.

“What’s going on cadets? What’s wrong?”

“It’s coming for us! Open the gates, quick!”

Without further questions, Geo pressed the gate button roughly, hurting his palm in the process. He rubbed at his hand, now blushing painfully from the impact. The ship crashed inside the garage below them, creating an enormous shock wave that sent the cadet reeling back into the leather desk-chair behind him. It had collided with the concrete ground, obviously causing some damage to the wings..and maybe even the rear engine. Geo was frozen in his chair, thinking over the possible damages to the ship. The jets? No, it’d have to have been a harder collision to shatter the rough metal. He was pulled from his thoughts when he heard Captain Ingot call over to him, signaling for the cadet to close the gates. They had no idea what could be out there.

“GATES NOW CLOSING.”

The loud beeping stopped as the men raced to the bottom of the station building.
“Guys, what’s wrong? What was it?” Geo began to say as they reached the floor.
The two drivers in front of them stood nervously, rubbing at their hands.

“We..we don’t know. It was a big black shape, kind of like a shadow.”

Captain Ingot looked at them, puzzled, and wrinkled his brow.

“At first we thought it might just be that- a shadow- of another ship or something, but we were wrong. It smashed right into us, so we pressed the alarm button and turned around. I guess we outran the thing, but I’d be careful.”

Geo bit his lip worriedly and looked over to his captain. The main, his brows still wrinkled, looked stoically at the drivers.

“Lock her up boys. We’re cancelling the missions,” Captain Ingot said suddenly, nodding at Geo. The cadets raced up the stairs to the monitor room as the captain continued to stand on the lower level, his hands folded neatly behind his back.
Geo and the two cadet drivers pressed buttons rapidly, making sure to lock ever window and every door down.

“LOCKDOWN COMMENCING.”

The voice once again boomed throughout the station. It echoed five times, and then stopped. Geo looked at the others curiously, hoping for an explanation, but he was answered by their confused shrugs.

“LOCKDOWN INTERCEPTED,” said the voice again.

Puzzled, the three boys began typing at the keys again, trying to stop the interception.
The pounding of footsteps suddenly caught their attention. They looked eagerly towards the lower level stairs to see their captain, huffing and out of breathe.

“Sir, what’s going on?” Geo asked.

“The...thing...it’s...here!!”

The cadets, frightened, stopped typing at their keyboards.
“Wait, shh..listen…” said Captain Ingot, placing a wrinkled finger to his dry lips.

A crash from downstairs reached their ears suddenly. The sound of metal being crushed was very loud in their eardrums. It squeaked against the concrete floor of the lower level.

Ingot waved them over, signaling for them to follow him downstairs, and they got up in a flash. Once again, they were racing down the steps, their hands gently grazing the bars on the side. What they saw when they reached their destination struck them.

As they reached the frame of the lower level’s door, their eyes widened and they focused on the scene in front of them. A large shadowed figure filled the room before them. Hanging from its mouth was the ship. It looked as if it was searching for them, for a meal perhaps?

“What do we do sir?” one of the cadets asked the captain.

“We get out of here. That’s all we can do. Get out of this station, maybe find another planet to monitor.”

“But Captain Ingot sir, we can’t just abandon them down there. They need us.”

“We’ll be no use to them dead. They’ll be fine.”

“But what if we end up like Dek-”
“You must NEVER say that word cadet. You know what happened there...you know that saying it could surely bring us to our death.”

“Yes, yes of course sir. I apologize.”

The cadets looked down sadly as the creature in front of them continued to parade the lower level. Geo stayed silent for a moment, observing the beast. He had no interest in leaving the station. The people on the planet below were his kind, his unrelated family members, and he felt it his duty to keep them safe. As Captain Ingot was about to walk back upstairs, along with the other two cadets, Geo had an idea. Before he could stop himself, he rushed through the doorway, and straight into the room where the monster was causing chaos. Captain Ingot’s reaching arms missed the boy, and all he could do hide, for he didn’t dare confront the creature.

“YOU NEED TO STOP THIS!” Geo yelled at the large shadow before him.
It gave a simple grunt and then lashed towards him with it’s enormous arms. The cadet dodged the blow, falling onto his side and into a pile of discarded plastic ship pieces. The beast growled at him and tried to grab the boy, but missed.

“YOU’RE ONE OF US! AN ALIEN!!”

The monster seemed to pause for a bit, maybe thinking about what Geo said, but then continued to smash through metallic objects.
Geo pounded angrily at the floor, knowing that there was no way he could stop this terror.
As soon as he thought about rushing at the monster, maybe in an attempt to kill it, a single word popped into his head. It was almost as if a voice had spoken it to him, urging him to force it out of his mouth. With a sudden motion he faced the shadowed beast and screamed the word on the top his lungs.

“DEKKAV!!!”

Geo, Captain Ingot, and the cadet drivers all clasped their hands against their mouths at the same time. Geo knew this was the word he was forbidden to say, but he HAD to say it. The voice commanded it.

As soon as the word escaped his mouth, bouncing off the walls of the room in an echo, the creature stopped. Its large arms slid to its side and it lowered its towering frame. Its shadow began to dissipate, like some sort of facade, until what Geo saw instead was the small body of such a different looking beast.

“My...my name..how did you..”
The sudden voice of the strange little animal surprised him. The captain and the cadets peered curiously into the room.

“Your...name? I thought it was...a planet?” Geo said to Dekkav.

Its eyes met his, and they looked so much more sad than one could imagine.
“Not just a planet..my planet.”

The creature looked down at the concrete below him, liquid dripping lightly from his small eyes.

“I’m..I’m sorry Dekkav,” Geo said, making his way closer to the broken being.
He gently placed his hand on the creature’s little head, which was somewhat rough to the touch.

“I know how it feels to miss someone,” the cadet said, pulling at the plastic of his prosthetic leg. It was worn from many years of wear. As he pulled it off, tiny pieces of plastic broke off and patterned the floor. “I’m Geo by the way.”

The little monster looked up at the boy and admired the stub where a leg had once been.
“Geo..I...I can’t do this anymore..hunting my own kind. After my planet was destroyed, I guess I just cracked. I didn’t want anyone to get in my way. But you..you understand..your leg is gone.”

Geo nodded his head at the beast.

“Can I request something of you?” Dekkav said.

“Of course.”

“If I fix your leg, could I stay here with you? I could protect the station from intruders, I promise you.”

Geo smiled at the suggestion.
“I think that would be a wonderful idea.”

After meeting the two cadets and Captain Ingot, who were a bit nervous to be having a flesh-eating monster in their station, Dekkav made it his new life protecting the station and living peacefully with his kind. But first, Dekkav had made a promise to the cadet, and that was to fix his leg. The little beast collected many scraps of metal from the things he had destroyed to concoct a robotic leg, one that would move with the cadet’s muscles. It was then that Captain Ingot crowned Geo Captain of the Flight Committee, and finally allowed him to be a ship driver and collect trades and supplies from neighboring planets. Although Dekkav made sure to protect the station, he never gave up his time hanging out with Geo, his very first friend.

THE END
Last edited by frogpaws on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

x
                  x

[ 𝓇𝑒𝓁 ✦ 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎/𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 ]
                  ❝ i feel that
                  life should be
                  lived b e a u t i f u l l y

~ 𝓍𝓊 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔𝒽𝒶𝑜

frogpaws

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery