Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Iqena #9

Postby HanniBun » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:30 am

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Overview and History

The origin of this particular species is unknown. It is guess that it was the iqena who sparked the mythos of unicorns, pegasus, kirin, and hundreds more that have become legend. Thousands of years of speculation and wonder have led to the constant search of this elusive species.

Iqena are commonly friendly towards any creature of any world. Their peaceful souls only adding to the mystery of their vast variations. Even the youngest of iqena are clueless to their biological origin. Some say that they are born from the mind, much like the goddess Athena.

Ehhh I've only done three so far and haven't posted them myself, so going to start doing that.
Edits:: Bangs, lowered ears, ghost body, torn wings
Other:: Torn scarf (see through), soul flames

This will be a short story/naming contest.
No limit.
You will be writing on how this one lost his wings or how they became a spirit, or something related to it.
Prettying up is encouraged and you are allowed two extras.

I forgot to add that Iqena's turn into spirits only after a cruel/unjust death.
Full explanation is found in the ask.fm

Remember to mark and/or comment on the main thread before posting a form!

Code: Select all
[b]Username::[/b]
[b]Name::[/b]
[b]Gender::[/b]
[b]Story::[/b]

This will end October 12 October 20
Extension asked for.
Last edited by HanniBun on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
╔════════════╗

Art Blog Characters

╚════════════╝

───────────────────────────────────
Hello I'm Hanni
I'm a huge nerd that loves to draw, read, and write.
I have an obsession with jellyfish, cats, and plants.
Please be patient for replies as I'm not always on.
Not very active on CS anymore.

───────────────────────────────────
HanniBun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Iqena #9

Postby dogish » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 am

Username::
Name:: Cas, Casbutt as a nickname by friends and family
Story::

reserve
Pet's name: Rhys
Pet's name: Nokk
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marlshore » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:46 am

View my Form: xxx
Last edited by marlshore on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
marlshore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bleating Ram » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:59 am

Username:: Bleating Ram
Name:: Hakai
Story:: Hakai used to have a companion, they were the closest of friends, and Hakai guided his friend through life, helping him make the best choices. And for the most part they did well. Until one day, Hakai chose the wrong choice, his friend wound up dying and Hakai could do nothing but sit there with him so he wouldn't die alone. That is the biggest flame that surrounds him (the one near his shoulder), and that is where his scarf came from, it was his best friend's, it's part of his spirit that Hakai took before Heaven took the rest. He moved on, knowing that death happens, but his next companion died as well, and the next...and the next...and each time they did he took a piece of their spirit before heaven took the rest. He eventually stopped trying to help, and instead turned to a life of evil, he started leading people astray, leading them to their deaths. These ones though, he didn't take their souls, only watched them die with a stoic expression. Maybe...he was just trying to get back at the world for taking his friends he had held so dear...and eventually, God grew angry with Hakai, and stripped him of his wings so that, like a fallen angel, he would no longer have a connection to the heavens above...and he could no longer see his best friend. He is cursed to wander forever, searching for someone to accept him, even though he's made a mistake and he wishes he could fix it. His life is full of sorrow and grief, and he is lost until he finds a companion. Though if he will ever be allowed back into Heaven is a mystery.
Hakai had died an unjust death, having had to experience all of the pain that he had caused others, and now his task is to bring happiness and hope to a single person who has none. A simple task you would think, but Hakai's "heart" is still black and filled with hatred and rage. He no longer wishes for a companion because he is afraid that they will die or he will just kill them himself. He longs for someone to show him how to love again, but he doesn't want them to wind up hurt, so he stays away, enduring his pain and suffering and his curse.
Song: Beauty from Pain by Superchick
Last edited by Bleating Ram on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
━━𝐈 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄
Call me Ram!
toyhouse
━━━𝐓𝐎
Bleating Ram

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr pepper. » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 am

bambi boo

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Name::
Casper

Male

Personality::

Art::
wip
dr pepper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sonya; » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:07 am

Username
Tis PitBull<3
Name
His name is Rhys
Story
Twas a long time ago, when Iqena thrived. Many young pranced around their parents legs and butted heads. Rhys had a family once, two young ones that pranced around his feet, and a mate who would never leave his side. Rhys had worked for a group off Iqena, spying on their enemy and feeding then information he found out. One sad sad day, those barbarians found him and locked him away. They beat him, tortured him, and threatened to kill his family. All because they wanted to know how long, and how much, he knew. They tore away his wings and tossed him in a cage. For days he was locked up without food, or water. Slowly, the light inside him went out. Now he's searching for his family, the enemies that hurt him, and the other Iqena that ever did him wrong.
Last edited by sonya; on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
░░
░░
░░
░░
[/left]
who said dimonds are a
girls best freind?
obviously you haven't had
a dog before.

⋯⋯ TO KNOW! ⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
[left]░░
░░
░░
░░
sonya;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katie_monkey » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:59 am

I kind of lost interest in this guy, good luck everyone!
Last edited by Katie_monkey on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Katie_monkey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 pm

I've lost interest in this babe.

Good luck to the lucky winner! ♥

Last edited by Charboo on Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

they say i could woo any man; they say i was dead

Postby pep » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm

username:: bodt
name:: deirdre marcose
pronunciation:: /dehr-dray mar-coh-sey/
pronouns:: she/her or they/them
personality:: deirdre isn't a very merciful iqena, but at the same time, she is easily swayed and persuaded. she grows very fond of others quickly, and is fast to promise she will stand by them for eternity, even if she may not mean it with all of her being. she's also very manipulative as much as she is manipulated herself, and is quite gullible when it comes to others' offers, but focusing on her traits and ways of manipulation she's very clever and can easily persuade with a flutter of her lashes and a few chaste though intimidating touches on the shoulder, neck, or cheek. she craves power as much as she craves her life again, and fades into nostalgia when thinking back on her life. she doesn't recall most of it, as the dead are unable to, but she remembers her death as clear as day and snippets of her life - some useless, some handy - are coming back to her like a river just beginning to flow once she thinks hard enough or meditates. she has little care for those she is not familiar with, and may toss their feelings around like a ragdoll; she's immensely flirtatious, so don't fall into her trap.
art maybe??

story::
"please," she wheezed, choking on her own breath, her throat drier than cotton. "don't leave."

when the doctors had noticed abnormal behavior from the iqena, they called in tests. at the time iqena with twitchy behavior and pupils becoming misshapen signaled a contagious disease spread by contact with the infected. deirdre's pupils were expanding and growing, cloaking her previously-beautiful ice blue pupils which could sway any male or female in inky blackness. her behavior was not twitchy more than it was sluggish and weak. on top of that, her behavior was bipolar, frequently flickering between a wailing mess to completely silent, staring at the ceiling with an eerie demeanor.

"we must run tests," the doctors chimed in a hushed whisper, as if trying not to be loud enjoy for the subdued iqena to hear. she could hear, yes - if anything her hearing was magnified - but she could not move; no sedatives drugged her body or stilled her muscles, and she was barely conscious, black irises stilled and lifeless. no, she was not dead. they called this disease black-eye disorder, and the words didn't even focus on the jitters, it was solely depending on the eyes. so, of course, she was brought to examine because her case could be one of the worst.

despite these assumptions, however, the tests returned a week later, deidre reduced to a small mass curled in a hospital bed, seemingly drained completely of all energy. she did not move, nor speak or eat. "she has the cure!" one doctor piped up after observing the papers and it was confirmed not a week later. hence, the tests began, and they began quickly. she felt her hospital bed being wrenched and pushed towards the elevator, then they were going up and up, and her mind was falling lower. gone.

"syringe," the doctor ordered, a clammy hand pushing the item into his palm. he drew the blood of the iqena - completely black. it had the consistency of tar, slimy and thick. the nurse and doctor stared at each other, shrugged, and sent that in for a test. and, indeed, it was the cure.

fed mere rations of orange juice and bread, deirdre did not do anything. she did not show emotion; she no longer felt. she could only hear. and the voices were screaming into her sensitive ears. blood ejected, orange juice. force feed. blood ejected, orange juice. the process continued, and suddenly, she felt very disgusted by orange juice. she was not the type to want to willingly give her body to science so to have it all drawn out of her and given to dying patients had her fed up. or, at least it would, if she could still feel.

"please," she shrieked into the empty air. "please, please. someone be there. someone."

more tests. the routine continued and her sight was left. they claimed she was running out. her body was not producing enough. "she was bound to die," the doctor spoke nonchalantly. "take the rest of the blood. all of it. we will be okay with this little amount to generate more."

so they did. she was rid of everything, and preserved for future studies. then the laboratory burst into flames, years later nevertheless. everyone escaped, but the iqena felt something strange inside.

the first amount of feeling she felt again was the warmth of the flames. they licked at her, but she could only find herself feeling the tingling warmth. deirdre found the strength to stand. then she walked. her transparency didn't go unnoticed, however. but she still felt the heat.

"please?" she called into the open air, but it was obvious no one was there.

death.
Last edited by pep on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:03 pm

S t a r D u s t.

Name::

Male

---

Hnng res. ;v;
Last edited by néktar on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me