by Nobady

by Nobady

Hoptree Bunnies

Postby Nobady » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:47 am

Original Lines by seth
Edits by Mehingan
Species Information by Nobady

About Hoptree Bunnies
Hoptree Bunnies are actually nymphs. And here you probably thought nymphs were tiny people with wings? What a silly concept. For every tree species there is a species of Hoptree Bunnies and the tree that grows from their crown tends to replicate the tree that they nurture and protect. Baby Hoptree Bunnies are seedlings, Teens are saplings and Adults go by the tree's common name (for example birch, apple, and oak).

How are Hoptree Bunnies "born"?
When a seedling goes to ground and starts to grow a Hoptree Bunny also grows beneath the soil in the roots of the seedling. As the Seedling grows into a sapling, the nest of the Hoptree Seedling gets pushed above ground and starts to unfold revealing the new Hoptree Bunny. Large trees, like the redwood, tend to grow multiple Hoptree Bunnies within its lifetime, while smaller trees, such as pine trees, tend to only have one Hoptree Bunny.

What happens when a Tree dies?
If the tree's spirit has lived a long life and dies of natural causes the Hoptree Bunnies dissolve into Spirit Bunnies go with the Spirit of the Tree and from there no one is really quite sure. Some speculate that the spirits may bless a tree by healing it, others that the Spirits just simply move on. If a tree dies from unnatural causes, such as being cut down or fire, the Tree's Spirit will go, but the Hoptree Bunnies that once guarded the tree may turn into mischievous tricksters and with no tree to call their home, they run a muck causing trouble in the forest. These bunnies are referred to as Fungi Bunnies and if multiples of these bunnies get together they can infect and even kill a healthy living tree.

Can Hoptree Bunnies breed?
Not in the traditional way. Sometimes when two trees seed and the seeds grow together creating somewhat of a hybrid tree, you can get Hybrid Hoptree Bunnies, but this is extremely rare and tends to only occur with human intervention.

Hoptree Bunnies Tree Species
Just an idea of the trees from around the world.
Want to represent a tree not listed? Message me the tree's name and I'll add it below.

Common: Pine, Oak, Birch, Fir Trees, Maple, Aspen
Uncommon: Cyprus, Banyan, Palm, Bonsai, Walnut
Rare: Cedar, Willow, Eucalyptus, Strangler fig
Very Rare: Redwood, Bombax, Tetrameles nudiflora
*Endangered: St. Helena Gumwood, African Baobab, Meranti, Dragon Blood

*These tree species are actually Endangered right now. Please recycle, especially paper products to prevent future deforestation and only buy wood products made from common trees.

Rules
1. You may own up 10 Hoptree Bunnies.
2. Please be kind to the Staff and Artists. If you don't like a design, then you don't have to adopt that bunny, but being rude about it will get you kicked from ever adopting a Hoptree Bunny again.
3. If you no longer want one or all of your bunnies, please let us know so we can re-home them. You may re-home the bunnies yourself, but please also let us know so we can update adopter information.
4. No selling Hoptree Bunnies for pets or other game currency. You may trade them for other species or character, you just can't sell them.
5. If you want to join the Staff Team, please know that only Artist will be hired and that if you fall inactive you will be removed without warning. Inactive means you do not create any new designs for 30 days. If you're still interested please fill out the form below.

Code: Select all
[b]Artist form![/b]
Username:
Examples:
How often will you be doing a new design:
Have you or do you currently work for another species: If so who?

Archived: viewtopic.php?t=1168325
Fan Art Lines: viewtopic.php?t=1172051

Dreamies: 2008 Halloween Pets
Wanted: Halloween Pets and Store Pets
Trade options include FR, WC, MM, BP, etc

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Tom Stoppard
Nobady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hoptree Bunnies

Postby Nobady » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:28 am

Open for posting :)

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Tom Stoppard
Nobady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:01 pm

This species looks very interesting, I would be glad to have one to develop and write into my stories. I do have some tree suggestions for you:

Sycamore, has cool bark and huge leaves.
Magnolia, has many flowers when in season.
Musclewood, really smooth and weird bark.
Gingko, obviously a well-known "odd" tree.
Paperbark maple, a lesser known maple that has cinnamon-colored perforating bark.
Serviceberry, grows in clumps and is really red in fall.
Weeping katsura, shaped like a willow but much smaller.
Strawberry tree, has edible fruits and interesting structure and bark.
Beech, smooth to bumpy bark and cool shaped leaves.
Littleleaf linden, shaped rather like a pyramid.
Lacebark elm, the growth pattern is just weird looking.
Sweetgum, star-shaped leaves.
Staghorn sumac, are kind of palm tree-like, grow in groups and have red flower stems at the top.
Honeylocust, have double compound leaves and a zigzag growth pattern.
Tamarisk, look very feathery and have an irregular growth pattern.

I did not expect the list to be this long...... I guess be glad I didn't spam you with every tree I've ever studied. lol
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:20 pm

marking because I love the species concept and shall not cease till I find one for me uvu
    █│
    █│
    █│
    jun / cameron
    he/him | adult
    ─────────────────────
    on hiatus atm
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nobady » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:46 pm

tawnypelt3 wrote:This species looks very interesting, I would be glad to have one to develop and write into my stories. I do have some tree suggestions for you:

Sycamore, has cool bark and huge leaves.
Magnolia, has many flowers when in season.
Musclewood, really smooth and weird bark.
Gingko, obviously a well-known "odd" tree.
Paperbark maple, a lesser known maple that has cinnamon-colored perforating bark.
Serviceberry, grows in clumps and is really red in fall.
Weeping katsura, shaped like a willow but much smaller.
Strawberry tree, has edible fruits and interesting structure and bark.
Beech, smooth to bumpy bark and cool shaped leaves.
Littleleaf linden, shaped rather like a pyramid.
Lacebark elm, the growth pattern is just weird looking.
Sweetgum, star-shaped leaves.
Staghorn sumac, are kind of palm tree-like, grow in groups and have red flower stems at the top.
Honeylocust, have double compound leaves and a zigzag growth pattern.
Tamarisk, look very feathery and have an irregular growth pattern.

I did not expect the list to be this long...... I guess be glad I didn't spam you with every tree I've ever studied. lol

This is awesome! Thank you :) I don't know much about trees lol I just wanted to develop this species beyond the standard branch horns, to add some character to each one ^_^

avindr ; wrote:
    marking because I love the species concept and shall not cease till I find one for me uvu

Thank you, I hope you do find one o3o

Nobady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me