Pseudodragon #210 by Lilian Nightshade

Based on Click to view
Artist Lilian Nightshade [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pseudodragon #210

Postby Lilian Nightshade » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:25 pm

To try for this girl, give her a personality and tell me something from her past she regrets deeply. Extras are not allowed and prettying up your form is fine as long as it's nothing too overkill. This contest will be closed on the August 30th.

Berkshire wrote:
Username:
Berkshire

Name:
Serawyn

Personality:
Serawyn is decisive. Or at least, that’s what she wants to be. Though internally hesitant in all things, this young pseudo forces herself to “seize the day” by whatever means necessary. Inside her mind rages a constant battle. For you see, Serawyn is at odds with her own nature. Impulsiveness and perseverance do not come naturally, but the fear of failure, the fear of missing out, spurns her on. Instead of being at peace with her passivity, she strives to eliminate it, charging into every challenge, overcoming every obstacle, to experience as much as possible. She doesn’t want to miss out on life, so she seizes every opportunity. One day, she will find a balance between peace and ambition, but for now, it’s full steam ahead. Dauntlessly, Serawyn will face down any perceived trial, be it to solve a mystery or acquire a friend, she will not rest until she has completed her goal. This passion burns at her like a cold fire, fueling her soul. Unfortunately, that lifestyle tends to wear her down rather than build her up. For this reason, Serawyn never quite allows herself to be content. Quietly relaxing in a puddle used to be the best thing in the world, but now it fills her belly with the aching doubt “You’re not doing anything, you’re wasting your life!” So she hauls herself out, goes on a quest, hoping for the exhilaration of achievement. It’s there, but doesn’t quite satisfy.

Serawyn doesn’t know it, but she seeks balance and fulfillment, searching for them in all the wrong places. She’s an introvert trying to be a daredevil, a peacemaker trying to be a warrior. Ever since regret spurred her to flip from one extreme to the other, she found dissatisfaction in life, but never knows why. She is a quester, a seeker, looking outward for what she must find within.

Regret:
It was a dream, long ago…” Serawyn tells the story to those who ask why she is so driven.
“When I was a young teen, barely out of my clutch, I was so very lazy and fearful of the world. I never went outside what was familiar, content to stay ignorant of the world. Too afraid to even wonder what else was out there.
He came one night, dark and still, like a shadow. I was lying by the pool in the darkness, listening to the drip of dew as it gathered itself for the morning. The forest seemed to hold its breath in waiting, readying itself for the deepest part of the night… when I saw it.

The water was only a few inches deep, no more than a puddle really. I’d seldom explored beyond the bend that flowed past my home. I knew it was part of a larger river snaking its way through the trees, but I had never investigated beyond that. I was always too afraid of falling, of drowning, of being crushed against the rocks. You would think a pseudo who loves water would have nothing to fear… but I always did. I was too content resting alone in my reeds to venture out. These peaceful willows where the sun filtered weakly in the day, and the starlight barely touched by night. Darkness.

But then a small sound burbled across the water. The sound of a sigh, and with it, a soft white light. The lights moved across the water, coming from foxfire growing out of a half-submerged log. On it, a male pseudo glided across my pond, smiling as if with an inner light of his own. He called out to me like an old friend, inviting me to share in his adventure. I still don’t know how he saw me there, hiding amongst the reeds. He beckoned me to join him, telling of adventure and a world beyond the forest, telling of lands and skies and rivers to be seen. I shook my head. Why would I leave this place? All I’d ever known, to go with a stranger?
He did not call out again, but waited, wondering if I would change my mind. I was too fearful of new things, too afraid of the river, to follow. With a soft hiss, I hunkered lower into the reeds, my mind racing furiously. Too see the world? To leave this place and take a leap of faith? With my eyes screwed shut, I allowed indecision to rock my body, too scared to follow, but too intrigued to leave. When I opened my eyes, the light was gone. The hush of the forest muffling any sound I strained my ears to hear. I ran out into the water, biting my tongue to keep from calling out. I changed my mind! I wanted to see the world!
But it was too late.”

Filled with shame at her imagined sin, Serawyn tells this story as a dream, as though she were an observer with no control. In vain, she tries to convince herself it was indeed a dream, and that the stranger on the river was of her own imagination. But in truth, it was no dream, it was an event in her past which would change her forever, stalking her with regret and driving her to action.
From that day on, regret plagued Serawyn like a disease, eating at her from the inside. Shakily, she resolved to make a change, and ghosted away from her home without a word. Now, no opportunity passes her by, no fear holds her down. The day is at hand, and the time to seize it is now.
Last edited by Lilian Nightshade on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.....*Flight Rising*....*Deviantart*.....

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
~
The lone wanderer. So tired, so miserable.
All but a mere shadow of an once vibrant soul.

Cursed by fate, burdened by sorrow.
Sentenced to a life of nothing but loneliness...
It looks like not everyone deserves a happy ending, after all.
~

Lilian Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pseudodragon #210

Postby pidgeoncat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Username: glace
Name: Vio
Personality: wip
Regret: wip
pidgeoncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koegami » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Username: General Koi
Name: wip
Personality:
BEFORE SHE WAS BLIND
AFTER SHE BECAME BLIND

[WIP]
Regret: being so stinking shy, and not getting to see life before she became blind, and lost her friends inside her misery

DON'T TAKE ANY PART OF THIS

bjorn avatar art by noch
      you can commission them here

koe - adult | mostly inactive | only here for simas
    discord: koegami | toyhou.se: koegami / alavii-cs

ImageImageImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poserpanda » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Username: AmberStrike
Name: Mirth
Personality: artistic, and flamboyant. but tends to be very lazy when not painting pretty pictures of her friends. She is very intelligent though, and often invents items to help do her den work for her. Like getting rid of all those cobwebs, or dusting in those hard to reach corners! She's thought of it all. Sometimes, when mirth's energy levels are really low, she tends to her rock collection.
Regret: never being able to find the perfect shade of color for the paintings. It really bums her out, to the point where she doesn't paint or exercise for days on end. Oftentimes just curling up in her nest and sleeping away her troubles.
Image]
Poserpanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inkyst » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Username: Featherstorm11
Name: Midnight
Personality: She is a mystical and clever creature, that is shy, but courageous, and will stand up for friends if they need it. Being shy, she cannot help but shied away from all strangers. However, once calmed down, she can be very outgoing, and friendly.
Regret: Since she is shy, she doesn't have many friends, causing her to be all sad and bitter inside, and suffering from occasional bouts of anger and frustration.

Please don't copy any of this.
inkyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlackWren » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Username: Dave Egbert
    Name: Riva
    Personality: Impulsive | Rude | Moody | Sarcastic
    Regret: Letting those around her change her moral compass.
    In her earlier years Riva was a strong hearted individual with a sort of "hero complex." She thought back in her earlier years that "good" and "bad" were two black and white things. However, as she grew she found that "good" things were not always as good as they seemed to be. A "good thing" mite be lying to someone, and while she was younger that was a thing she never would do - and this sort of change was her deepest regret. She realized that not all good things were good, and not all bad things were bad, finding that there was a "grey area" where nothing seemed to fit.
    She regretted losing touch with her innocent moral compass, and how corrupt she eventually became as she aged. Now a day's she can't bare to think about her past, because of the ache it left in her heart.
Last edited by BlackWren on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
[ Formerly Dave Egbert/bad ideas dave/Cherry-Prince ]

What's up fam! I'm Wren, and my life is a dumpster fire! ✌
Mostly come on now a days to check my messages. I'm not active on DA or anywhere else really anymore so don't feel bad if I don't reply for a while! I come and check messages every month or so.
DnD is my active hobby and I'm invested in Critical Role quite heavily :D
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

DATH
BlackWren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zaz » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Username: birch bear
Name:
Personality:
Regret:

res
Last edited by zaz on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
zaz ♦ she/they ♦ <3

buttermilks
ImageImageImage
zaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stabbrielle » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Username:
    captain awesome
Name:
    Alyeska

Personality:
    Alyeska's moods are like te ocean; one minute calm and mild but the next she's a hurricane destroying everything in her path. She can go from being extremely logical to an emotional wreck, in a matter of seconds. These outbursts are the side effect of a lifetime of bottling up her emotions. It's only a matter of time until the cup overflows.

Alyeska's mother died when she was a hatchling, somewhere down the road, she began to believe it was her fault, and over the course of her life Alyeska grew cold and hard, pushing everyone away. It wasn't until everyone she knew had abandoned her than she realized that she couldn't live this way. She didn't want to be alone. She tried to open up and let others in, but, as they often do, old habits crept back in and she reverted back to her old ways.

Nowadays, Alyeska is hopeless. The only one who can seem to be around her is Imogen, and it's because she pities Alyeska and wants to help her with every fiber of her being.
Regret:
    Alyeska's deepest regret isn't something she can just decide to change one day. Her mother died when Alyeska was just a hatchling. This is her greatest regret. Growing up everywhere Alyeska turned was just another reminder of how sweet- how amazing of a pseudo her mother was. She couldn't even turn around without being approached by someone saying that she looked just like her and how much they missed her.
Last edited by stabbrielle on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stabbrielle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragon Reine » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Ooo, res. c:
Dragon Reine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sheer » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Wip for this beautiful darling<3 c:

Username:

Sheer

Name:

Rivalee
Aka Riv

Female

Personality:

Riv is incredibly soft spoken and gentle. She tries not to cause too much of a fuss and just let people solve their own problems without getting too involved especially if it isn't necessary. It's believed that her personality has a lot to do with her regret of letting peoples words get to her so she still isolates herself from situations that could end badly before they can hurt her like they used to.

Regret:

When Rivalee was just a young little pseudo she was out playing with others only slightly older than herself. Try as hard as she might she just could not manage to keep up, so she began to feel inadequate around the few close pseudos she had considered friends at that age. Over a very short amount of time this inadequacy feeling began to grow stronger and stronger until eventually she stopped wanting to go out and meet them for their usual play dates. She began making up reasons not to go for so long that they eventually stopped inviting her.

She eventually got to the point that she had completely shut the entire world out, not wanting to see anyone and especially not wanted to be seen by anyone. The sight of herself would upset her and make her retreat further into her own little bubble of loneliness. She stayed in this state of mind for a long time, so long she was barely able to remember the names of the people that used to be considered her friends.

Through the very long process of telling herself that she's not as bad as she once thought, looking for anything that she could be good at so she could have something to compliment herself on and maybe loose that inadequacy that she had felt for so long, she eventually began to feel better. Slowly wandering outside her comfort zone more often she began to do things that made her uncomfortable the most. Once she began doing this she eventually started to come out of her shell and realize that maybe she had been wrong this whole time.

After she had begun healing the wounds of her loneliness she eventually got to where the words of others did not effect her to the point that she wanted to lock herself away and retreat into that dark place she was in for so long. She actually started to enjoy the company of others once again. Even though she was finally able to form relationships with people again and able to actually be social she realized that what she truly wanted all this time was the friends that she had lost so long ago, but she doesn't know how she could ever get them back after so long and this is what she truly regrets.
Last edited by Sheer on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sheer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me