Drawing sessions 6
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

spotted's first entry - edited - euphrasie

Postby christine, » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:48 am

Username:
Spottedsong
Kiamara's Name:
Euphrasie [Like that of the Les Miserables character, Cosette)
Kiamara's Gender:
Female
Personality:

Euphrasie is a lark, a dove with the body of a much bigger animal. The gentle and flighty tendencies of her namesake (She often is called Lark; Euphrasie is a bit of a mouthful) completely control her. Interaction is rare, and when it happens, it’s quite often very choppy and murmured. She spends her days avoiding others, and pulling the few that she happens to love close to her and not letting go. There are very few that Lark actually lets into her close, personal life; she tries to limit it to one or two. This isn’t your average shyness. This is a complete and utter fear of talking to others that completely controls her day-to-day activities.

However, when she is calm and collected, Lark is a very kind-hearted young woman who enjoys the arts. She likes to sit in a comfy chair and quietly read, flipping through the pages of an old classic novel while she feels the breeze drift through an open window. Sometimes she sits at the piano and plays a quick tune. She doesn’t enjoy singing, though- preforming is a big no for this little bird.
Around people she loves, she’s free of her bonds and flies around the room. She speaks her mind, tells secrets, and is nothing like the shy façade that is always seen in front of strangers. It’s a dramatic change, one that often frightens people a little bit when they get to truly know Lark. The girl that they thought was the silent, stoic one in the corner? Suddenly she’s sailing around the room, talking in a clear soprano that rings and laughs, nothing like the one they saw before.

What happens, though, when a girl like herself is put under pressure? Does she take the field and control her problems, fixing them without batting an eyelash? Of course not.

Euphrasie caves. If she is faced with a life-changing decision, of course she’s going to choose the wrong one. Stress gets to her, and her anxiety snaps. She makes mistakes, and she doesn’t forget them, nor does she learn from them. It’s a vicious cycle that just ends in her needing help.

Euphrasie is just a gentle thing that loves love, but finds it hard to keep.

History:
Lark was born in France, in a small village outside of Paris, to a single mother. Her father was a mineworker, but left soon after the mine closed down. It was a peaceful split- it had been a bit of an arranged marriage, so both of them were okay with leaving the other. It was a fresh start for Lark. She had friends, loved to talk and was an extremely active child. She was the star of her class and was constantly complimented by her teachers.
However, one day, Euphrasie came home from school with a black eye, broken arm, and bruised spirits. She wouldn’t tell what happened that day, if it was bullies or an attacker or a stranger. She was quiet about the event, and acted like it never happened after that day. She developed anxiety, causing her to break under stressful situations, and her contact with other kiamaras vanished. She was homeschooled, something that she simply tolerated.
It’s safe to say now that she’s on the mend. She’s learning English and German, but can’t speak them as fluently as her native French. She has accomplices, and people she’s willing to withstand, but no one she can freely talk to except her mother. She’s still adjusting to whatever happened that day… but she’s on the right track.
christine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me