Crowned Flora Nymph Adopt #2 by PrinceYui

Based on Click to view
Artist PrinceYui [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Crowned Flora Nymph Adopt #2

Postby PrinceYui » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:09 am

Lilies wrote:While white lilies symbolize chastity and virtue – and were the symbol of the Virgin Mary’s purity and her role of Queen of the Angels – as other varieties became popular, they brought with them additional meanings and symbolism as well. Peruvian lilies, or alstroemeria, represent friendship and devotion, white stargazer lilies express sympathy and pink stargazer lilies represent wealth and prosperity. Symbolizing humility and devotion, lilies of the valley are the 2nd wedding anniversary flower.
As the flowers most often associated with funerals, lilies symbolize that the soul of the departed has received restored innocence after death.

YURI HUEHUEHUE
So I decided to do lilies this time.
Again this adopt has no form skeleton. You have until July 16th to finish your forms though.
Your entry must include her name and her hobby.
Art will be a huge plus for this one.
PrinceYui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Crowned Flora Nymph Adopt #2

Postby Micki. » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:14 am

Still a WIP, bear with me.
I've been having a lot of trouble finding time to work on this due to a personal issue. Hopefully I'll be able to get some art done before you close this for judging (all art in my form will be made 100% by me). Also please note that Buckamoos are creatures that I have created; I hope that it's okay if she has a few of them as companions.

Name:
    Nuwa
    Nuwa is a goddess in ancient Chinese mythology best known for crafting mankind from clay (for companionship) and repairing the wall of heaven. She is also sometimes considered the first Chinese ruler.
Birthday:
    October 13
"Occupation":
    Healer, Buckamoo Rescue
    While many other Nymphs heal creatures, Nuwa has taken it far beyond the normal extent. She spends nearly all of her time searching for helpful herbs, experimenting with new herbs and actually healing others. She takes special pride in being able to help soothe the pains of others, and finds even the slightest discomfort of someone else unbearable. Nuwa especially loves to heal buckamoos, as they are her favorite among the animals. She has even taken her love for these animals to the extent of building a rescue for them. At this rescue, Nuwa takes in any buckamoo that is in need of help and heals them. If they are very young and have no parents then she will raise them to be pets. If any buckamoo is unable to return to the wild for any reason, then she will also train them to be pets.
Companions:
    Oak
      Oak is the largest of Nuwa's buckamoo companions. He is very calm, laid-back and generally likes to go with the flow, but he's very far from lazy and actually loves running. He is fiercely loyal and protective. He loves to lounge on Nuwa's shoulders as she goes about her daily business, mainly because he feels he needs to protect her and this is the easiest way to make sure he can do just that. Due to an injury when he was very young, Oak's wings and back left leg are damaged. This makes him unable to climb and glide very well. It has also caused him to become afraid of heights, and he is rarely more than a few feet off of the ground. He has been Nuwa's companion since his injury.
    Bean
      Bean is the smallest of Nuwa's buckamoo companions. However, she is also the one with the biggest personality, and she has absolutely no problems showing it. She is incredibly talkative, and frequently makes loud noises. She is also very adventurous and loves to accompany Nuwa on walks through the forest. Often times she gets into quarrels with the others because she is insanely stubborn and opinionated. Bean is the only one of Nuwa's companions that doesn't have any sort of disability. She simply stays with Nuwa and the others because she enjoys their company, and she is quite loyal. However, she does have an irrational fear of small birds and reptiles.
    Clay
      Clay is the oldest of Nuwa's buckamoo companions. He is sort of the typical grumpy old man, despite being only a few years older than the others. He doesn't like change or disruption of his normal cycle, and he is incredibly stubborn and set in his ways. He likes to roam around in flowers and play in Nuwa's tail. While he is often grumpy and pretends not to like the others, Clay is very loyal and would defend his companions (including Nuwa) to the death. He has stub ears, and he's missing most of his front toes and tail for unknown reasons. This makes his balance very bad, and he prefers not to stray far from Nuwa's side. He is terrified of the dark and refuses to ever be by himself in it.
    Leif
      Leif is the youngest of Nuwa's buckamoo companions. He is the most disabled of her companions as well. He is mostly blind and has a poor sense of smell, as well as a damaged wing. He can glide, but his damaged wing and very limited vision make it much more difficult for him to do so. Despite this, Leif is the most cheery and gets along with most anyone. He is also the most agile on the ground and in trees (just not while gliding), and he is the fastest among them. Leif is fiercely loyal to all of his companions, and he greatly enjoys the company of all of them. He also loves to help Nuwa sculpt and can frequently be found doing so. He hates the hot weather and is incredibly afraid of water.
Hobby:
    Clay crafting is probably her biggest hobby, apart from healing and her buckamoo rescue (which she considers hobbies). Nuwa makes all sorts of things from clay: jewelry, pots, chairs. While it's very common for her to make useful things, they're not her favorite things to make. She greatly enjoys sculpting buckamoos. However, even this is not her favorite thing to sculpt. Nuwa's favorite thing to sculpt are the humans and other creatures that wonder into the enchanted forest. They're something new and exciting to her, and she tries to commemorate each visitor with a sculpture. Most other Nymphs don't know about this, as she keeps it hidden for fear that they won't approve. Nuwa secretly wishes that she could leave the forest and experience the world beyond, but she would never dare to do so. Another dream of hers is to be able to breath life into her sculptures.
Quirks:
    Nuwa has many quirks, as she is a very quirky nymph indeed, but her most prevalent quirk is likely her speech. She tends to speak in rhymes and riddles because they were her favorite form of entertainment as a child. She doesn't speak exclusively in rhymes and riddles, but she does greatly enjoy doing so. Nuwa also tends to talk very, very fast and sometimes slurs her words slightly as a result. Other tendencies of her speech are to use the wrong words without realizing it and use silly acronyms without explaining them (mainly because she doesn't realize that they're not as obvious to others as they are to her).
    She has a strong love for buckamoos, as already stated, and has a rescue devoted to them. However, she also owns several buckamoos and generally refuses to go anywhere without them. Oak, Bean, Clay and Leif are very cherished companions to Nuwa and prefers their company to that of other Nymphs. In fact, she can frequently be found in the trees and forest living among wild buckamoos and she opens her home to any and all buckamoos. The creatures visit her house often and even enjoy helping her cook, sculpt and heal others.
Art:
    Piece One Sketch.
      This still has to be finished. I have to add the rest of her flowers and her wings, but I'm really hoping to get it done soon.
    Piece One Finished.
      It depicts her going out into the woods to make sure that all of the buckamoos are doing okay. Nuwa is letting a buckamoo stretch on her tail. Another buckamoo is gliding in the air, coming to greet her, and yet another buckamoo is asleep in a tree. Bean is being sniffed by a chubby buckamoo, Oak is on Nuwa's shoulder watching the other buckamoos (ready to defend her if need be), Clay is partially hidden in Nuwa's tail (likely glaring at the other buckamoos around) and Leif is simply sniffing her hand.
    Piece One, V2 (Nuwa by herself and colored)
      This is just another version of the first piece. It's Nuwa by herself without her buckamoos or the background. I've colored this. It will be part of the finished image of piece one.
    Piece Two
      This is just a simple chibi, but it's still a WIP.
Last edited by Micki. on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liliette » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:32 am

*nervous laughter*
    Yui she's beautiful omg
    But I have to pass ;u;
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neko-the-Gunslinger » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:43 am

Absolutely gorgeous! ;v; good luck to anyone who is trying out! <3

(I'm staying faithful to hydrangea though~)
I'll create a masterpiece of my siggy later~ For now enjoy my Sinny. (Gifted by my dear friend Bebop <3 )

Neko-the-Gunslinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LauraK » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:18 am

Ahh, these are gorgeous I absolutely love them vuv
And this one's just lovely~
reserve vuv <3

Singing ___________________________
Dancing (in no specific routine)
Running (particularly freely
....in the woods, carefree)
Weaving jewlery from natural findings
Reading (old stories passed down)
Writing (remakes of old stories and
....creating some new of her own ideas)
Swimming
Helping others, even with simple tasks
Creating, more or less~

Akruthi is a name that originated in Tamil, bearing the meaning of
nature and beauty. The lily flower, as mentioned, represents
innocence, purity, loyalty, and faithfulness. All of these traits
were taken in to conideration, and other names were considered.
Adeyela, for example, translated to "purity of the crown", and though
this name seemed suiting along with the lily flower, it did not quite
seem fitting for the Crowned Flora Nymph.
Alother name that was considered was Leola, meaning "loyal, faithful",
and while these traits also express the lily flower's meaning and origins,
it, again, simply did nto seem fititng.
The name Akruthi, pronounced "Ah-crew-thee", fits both the name and
lovely design of this Crowned Flora Nymph; the name sounding soft and
easy, innocent and pure.

.........Image
............Image

Suiting to the flower that she was born in honor of, Akruthi is pure and true. Though she often cares to be around others and is naive, Akruthi is gentle and careful what she hopes and wishes for. She is creative and loves nature and her culture above all else, and those she cares for are safe in her heart, unable to lose her love and loyalty.

Done! ;D; <3
This CFN is asbolutely lovely, wish me luck and good luck to you all as well <3 I do hope she ends up in a loving home ^^
Art in the "art" section of my form was drawn by myself ^^
**The original image of the lily in the first picture was not taken by myself; I merely took it into photoshop, played aorund with its settings, divided it, and placed a quote over it. The photographers site is here, and the original image here. Credit goes to the rightful owner.
**I'm sorry to keep editing this, the first image with the quote on it continues to cancel out ^^" I'm trying different uploading sights, hopefully this one stays~ here it is if it continues to do this; so sorry~ <3
Last edited by LauraK on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:21 am, edited 7 times in total.
❥ Who am I in your eyes?
.....Let me know!
❥ Best way to get ahold of me?
.....IM through Skype: mimivam
❥ Message me through Skype or pm me
anytime; I love to chat!
❥ Im pretty busy with my studies what with
school back up in full blow, but I'll still be on
from time to time. Mostly for art and the people ^^
My Deviant Art -- Check it out, this is where most
of my art will be from now on! :3
❥ Check out Belldandy Adopts and their
Fanclub!! This species is seriously to die for ahhh ♥♥
❥ My Belldee, Millennia ;w; she's a wee
bit shy but looking for friends nwn <3
❥Sorry about my inactivity, guys. I'm still alive! ♥
LauraK

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trees |-/ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:16 pm

'Well hi! Im Flora. I um came to see how everyones doing and Alone [me hehe] asked me to tell her about me so here we go!'

N A M E: Flora Evergreen
G E N D E R: Female
H O B B I E: Spreading joy and flowers!
trees |-/

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:15 pm

res.

oops drew her on paper - so im gonna have to borrow my friend's phone to post it n__ n
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Yᴠᴇʟʟᴇ Sᴜʀɪᴇɴ

Postby aeth » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 pm

name ; yvelle surien [YEE-vell SUE-ri-en]
      nickname ; eve
      age ; unknown
      gender ; female
      birthday ; 12th november
      personality ; yvelle is an gentle and calm nymph who can't seem to exploit her joy when others accompany her. that makes her very introverted. but she prefers it that way as then she can wallow in her daily fantasies, and their not very pretty. her sly behavior betrays her kind appearance. and yet, she keeps all these details to herself as she isn't very good at expressing herself by words.

hobbies ; enjoys stargazing & embroidery
      likes ; orcarinas | water | constellations
      reason for likes ; water is simple as lilies grow mostly near water. ocarinas have a slightly more complex meaning to them. music soothes flora of all kind. it's a common known fact that plants grow faster when you allow them music. an orcarina, being made from shells of different animals including snails and clams, gives her a feeling of being close to water as it makes her comfortable. every constellation and star have their special meaning, even a lone star may be important in the sky. with that thought, enticing to exploit their meanings, yvelle adores them so.
      dislikes ; cats
      reason for dislike ; kitties have never been to fond of lilies as lilies haven't been to fond of cats. kitties tend to eat lilies a lot but lilies are quite poisonous to them. yuri poisons cats. (so sorry princeyui, i know you like cats xD)

thank you for reading. In the collaboration between me and dilly, I just did the background, the human version of Yvelle was by dilly.
Last edited by aeth on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 18 times in total.
aeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roseiron » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:29 am

Marking i love her
roseiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pavane » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm a little late, but it's still July 16 here soo
Alphekka!
She enjoys activities like singing, gardening, and running, but her favorite hobby is bird watching. She doesn't have a favorite species of bird, but she's very fond of hummingbirds. She also loves to stargaze (though, really, she likes anything that allows her to use her binoculars) and her lightning bug friends will help her find constellations
pa·vane [puh-vahn, -van;]
1. a stately dance dating from the 16th century.

"Elegant, but not otherwise important." -- Fauré

hi, I'm Pavane!

I like drawing, writing, astronomy, old movies, musicals, peppermint and chocolate candy, history, and art

This winter sky
How can anyone sleep?
There was never such a night before!
Pavane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me