Based on Click to view
Artist CeruleanRush [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Vindico #4 :: Open

Postby CeruleanRush » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:30 am

LONG, LONG AGO,

there lived a vast empire of humans, known and feared by many as the greatest warriors to have ever existed. They prided themselves on their skills in combat and the art of war, and spent their days engaged in spars amongst each other. No one dared to stand up to the then-mighty empire, and as they were left undisturbed, they grew in power tremendously.

From there on, the story is in pieces. The only part that remains clear has boggled the minds of scientists for centuries: every last one of the great warriors was turned into a hybrid of two of the most skittish and cowardly animals on earth. These sheep-deer mixes gained the composure of a deer mixed with the thick, woolly fur of a sheep. Many say the transformation was to punish the empire for their violent ways of fighting and extreme pride. And thus, the species was named Vindicos as a sort of battle cry: they would avenge their great empire.

To this day, (many centuries after the occurrence of the transformation) Vindicos still base their societies on the idea of fighting. If they go for too long without sparring against another Vindico, they have been known to grow incredibly angsty, sad, and depressed. Each Vindico, at birth, is also granted an emblem that represents them in battle, as during spars, Vindicos do not think in words. Rather, they think in images, and these symbols help a Vindico refer to other Vindicos and him/herself. Each Vindico has their specific emblem painted on their shoulder, and it never changes throughout their entire life.

...ok I really like this Vindico's colors so you're gonna have to go a bit further with your forms than the normal short contest. ;o
This contest is going to focus on backstory! Go as crazy as you want with it... I want to see some amazing histories. B]
Please do not break species canon, though! To list a few, they can't have powers, they can't have lived as a human (as they were most likely born a Vindico; the transformation took place centuries ago), etc. If you have questions on if something would be allowed, please ask me!
Adding extras and prettying up is fine as well, but please don't go overboard!
End date is in 3 weeks.
Code: Select all
[b]Username ::[/b]
[b]Name ::[/b]
[b]Gender ::[/b]
[b]Backstory ::[/b]
🕺
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Statistics

Postby CeruleanRush » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:34 am

Reserved for this Vindico's stats ;o
🕺
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vindico #4 :: Open

Postby tytrack » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:33 am

Username and Vindico's Name:;
Priceless.boys and His name is Apollo. It means 'God of Light and Truth.'

Its' Gender;;
Male.

Background Story;;
[color=blue]Apollo was born on a cold, icy night. It was the night of the Blizzard that had practically ruined the popularity of the Vindicos. When he had grown up, the other Vindicos blamed him because of the Blizzard. They taunted him, saying; "You Blizzard-Brain! If it weren't for you, we wouldn't be stuck in this snow!" . But, they weren't wrong. Apollo had been born with a curse of snow. Smilar to Elsa, you might say. But, He could not take back what his ice problems did. When he was old enough, He ran away from The other Vindicos because he was alone. He, however, didn't know that back in the land of the other Vindicos, The Storm of ice hadn't stopped. Apollo was called to by a Buzzard that brought a messge to him. "Your mother said to tell you this..." The old Buzzard had Crowed. "Your old land is in... Feral." [/blue]

Hobbies;;
Last edited by tytrack on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
tytrack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallivant » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:47 am

WIP
Username ::
.:Whisper:.
Name ::
diluvium - Dylan for short
male
Backstory ::
The birth of diluvium was a shock to the vindico community. Dylan was born completely without colour, a plain white vindico. Diluvium was the sin of the clan leader the 'blue bloods' of the time. As a result growing up was hard for him, the other young bucks wouldn't spar with him . Dylan became an outcast and he would smash trees for entertainment.
Dylan's favorite spot was on a cliff, there a fast flowing river running through it that fell off the cliff as a mighty waterfall. Diluvium had come to appreciate the natural beauty of water. In small amounts it was harmless, a puddle bit when mixed with force it could become a deadly undefeatable enemy. One season after many days of rain the river rose forcing the Vindico clan away from the river. The wasn't its usual pristine blue, it was an ugly swirling brown. The Vindico started to get nervous they hadn't seen a flood like this before, and they blamed Diluvian. There had never been a Vindico like him before so they saw his as he cause of the great flood. The rain did not cease and the water continued to rise threatening to swallow them. As a last resort they sacrificed Diluvian off the waterfall, with one might shove Dylan was swallowed up by the waterfall and river below.
Amazingly Dylan survived the fall but as soon as he was I the river he was swept up a current and taken downstream. Due to the flood the water was much more powerful and he river was a lot larger than usual. As he was swept along Diluvian was cut along his legs, his horns were scraped, his fleece torn and battered and most painfully his back was severely bruised. As Diluvian was swept along he a managed to grab a rock and push himself out of the current. When he reached the shore he knew he must return to is clan, he was not was so the river would continue to swell.
Last edited by gallivant on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
╔══════╗

Star Wars

Aus

Rper

LOC

hehe

:3

She/Her

Semi-active

╚══════╝
gallivant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orse » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Username :: {h o r s e}
          Name :: Riptide
          Backstory :: Riptide was born by the sea, the deep blue waves crashing, and bubbling up to reach his tiny hooves. Touched by the spirit of the ocean, they say. Maybe that was how he got such complex colouring. He is as strong as the deep force of a wave, crashing to the shore in a flurry of power. When he was an adolescent, he was unlike his fellow peers. They were jealous of his power and strength, his striking colour. He has always been an outcast in that way, meaning he sticks to himself. While other young bucks were sparring, he would explore the land around him, becoming familiar with the terrain. When it came time to fight, Riptide defeated all his opponents with ease, leaving him a Vindico to respect, as he power is almost impossible to beat.

Art :: WIP
          Poem :: Waves, powerful,
          spinning and crashing,
          Pulling me further,
          Riptide by Vance Joy wrote:Lady, running down to the riptide
          Taken away to the dark side
          I wanna be your left hand man

Hooves thrashing.

Further and further,
          The shore appears,
          I try to swim back,
          My eyes crowd with tears.

Where will the tide take me,
          I don't really know,
          But soon it will return me,
          With it's strong, gentle flow.

Other :: Thank you for the opportunity to win this Vindico, I would add more, but would prefer not to overdo my entry ^-^
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thunder. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:45 am

res with the name velocity, male.

hey, thunder. here ^^
I'm a not-so-good artist, an okay writer,
and a terrible organizer.
feel free to shoot me a pm!
pixel avatar by swiftalu <3
rest in peace, robin williams. deep condolences.
PlumiesEPPS Sand Cat AuctionCoding

Thunder.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CeruleanRush » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Bump!
🕺
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tricksters » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Username :: Tricksters
Name :: 定襄: {DING'XIANG- De. ung. 'Z. ang} Chinese name meaning "stability and fortune."
He goes by Xiang most often, though he uses his full name around those he trusts or knows he can lean on for help.

~

wip, skeleton form ;v; may we create a website for tryout?

Edit:

may we also add extra's?

nova - mouse artist
I work over full time 5 days a week lol
please be patient with me I'm so tired rn

my birthday is august 20th
Tricksters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CeruleanRush » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:58 am

Tricksters wrote:Username :: Tricksters
Name :: 定襄: {DING'XIANG- De. ung. 'Z. ang} Chinese name meaning "stability and fortune."
He goes by Xiang most often, though he uses his full name around those he trusts or knows he can lean on for help.

~

wip, skeleton form ;v; may we create a website for tryout?

Edit:

may we also add extra's?

A website would be fine. c:
Adding extras and prettying up is fine as well, but please don't go overboard!
🕺
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me