Pseudodragon #165 by plum

Based on Click to view
Artist plum [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
37 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pseudodragon #165

Postby plum » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:32 am

At first I was basing her off of a blue-eyed leucistic ball python, but then I decided to incorporate veins and arteries into the mix.
To win, give her a name and tell me what accessories she would have and why.
Ends in a week, on the 24th of June.
Edit: You may have 1 extra.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Accessories + Explanation:[/b]

Phale wrote:Username: Phale
Name: Dicae
Accessories + Explanation: This Pseudo is not afraid of death, but rather, sees it in its own unique beauty.
Because of that, she wears a flower crown made of decayed flowers to represent the fragility of the beauty of life.
The crown she wears, she fastens together herself every so often, her hobby is actually collecting and building these flowers then hanging them so that they can die for her future use. Each crown bears a different flower which bears a different meaning (Begonias for deep thoughts, lavender for distrust...), and depending on her mood, she wears.

Dying flower crowns aren't her only hobby. This Pseudo also collects the remains of smaller animals to utilize their bones in her crowns and sometimes jewelery. This particularly morbid hobby began when a friend of hers died, Moth, the tomcat who used to visit her. She mourned for her friend so much, she decided she wanted to be with him always. His skull rests near her shoulder, tied with a yellow ribbon. Now she and her companion search for other fallen creatures and utilize the bones in her crowns and in other miscellaneous crafts.
Extra:
Last edited by plum on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

hello
call me plum

i do commissions for USD, list pets, and dA points
sorry, i'm not interested in art trades or c$

my typing is inconsistent and i do Not care
plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pseudodragon #165

Postby Little Fish » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:39 am

:.: Username :.:
fullmetalsouleater,
:.: Name :.:
Sävy
A Finnish name that translates to; tone, shade, tinge, flavor, complexion, and vein.
All of these simple words represent her looks, but put into one simple name, Sävy

:.: Gender :.:
Female
:.: Accessories :.:
Sävy wears many different accessories to tell people about who she is, since she is mute,
but is always seen with four main accessories that tell the most about her.
Since she is more of a wall flower, everywhere, Sävy can be seen wearing a earring wrap of a snake eating a rose and another rose wrapping completely around her ear, which is secluded from the rest of the wrap showing where she stands in her mind.
One of her favorite accessories is worn to show the part of her that is deeply bonded with nature, it is a heart necklace made completely out of things found in nature. The base of the heart itself represents the mossy dirt ground which produces the arteries that represent the life growing out of the heart, out of her heart.
Being very self conscious of her arms, her third item is a pair of Victorian creamy arm warmers with white ribbon running down the front, bowing off at the end, of both. White lace, with an intricate design, is wrapped around at either end of both warmers. This draws attention away from her, what she believes to be, slightly too chubby arms.
Her last accessory is one that catches the most attention, worn on her left back leg is a black lava stone bracelet with a bow and arrow as the center piece. Telling a story only she could comprehend, the story of her life at the top of an inactive volcano where her home of seventy years had stood and where she had lived for only eighteen. She lived off of the wild life with only a bow and arrow to guide her.
Last edited by Little Fish on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.
•.•.•.

xxx Image

Little Fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogish » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:42 am

Username: iDrowned
Name: Arlette (are-let)
Accessories + Explanation:
- sea turtle bracelet ;; http://countryhomemade.com/images/Green%20Sea%20Turtle%20Magnetic%20Bracelet.jpg
reason ;; she has always had a passion with sea turtles, and thinks they are very cool animals. they are her favorite breed of turtle, and she enjoys studying their behavior and natural habitat.

- a silver feather necklace ;; http://www.avenue32.com/Images/Product/productdetailextralarge/DUF001120258601_1.jpg
reason ;; wip
Last edited by dogish on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet's name: Rhys
Pet's name: Nokk
dogish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yikes » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:44 am

Username:
    s u g a r. s k u l l
Name:
    Misuli
    Small bone necklace, and bracelets. She likes to wear them because she feels they protect her, after all, what do bones protect? Also ribbons, Misuli enjoys twirling them around while she plays.

xImage i <3 the computer
xImage artist + creature owner
xImage my website

yikes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stabbrielle » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:47 am

------------------

Being a highly intellectual girl, it is no surprise that Gwen wears eyeglasses. She doesn't
    need them all the time, only when she's reading or writing, but she prefers to wear them
    as she is quite proud of the way they make her unique among other pseudodragons.
    Gwen's studies of choice are literature and anatomy, specifically that anatomy of birds
    and her own species. Using herself as a reference she maps her arteries and veins in a
    leather bound sketchbook she carries with her at all times. Her favorite book series is
    Harry Potter. She favors these over others for the diverse and accepting characters.
    Gwen carries around at least one Harry Potter book and her sketch book in her old,
    hand-me-down satchel, at all times. With a complexion like hers, it's no doubt that
    Gwen gets a bit chilly from time to time, even in the warmer months. To make up for
    this she owns many different colored and patterned scarves which she wears daily
    depending upon her mood.

---------
    ---------
    ---------
    ---------
    name: gwenivere
    nickname: gwen
    main trait: intelligent
    sub trait: kind, caring,
    generous, trustworthy

weaknesses: shy, naive
    strengths: integrity
Last edited by stabbrielle on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
stabbrielle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadownima » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:00 am

Username:shadownima
Name: Kiki
Silver bracelet: A silver bracelet she found playing hide and seek one day. the silver bracelet has been whit her since she was young and it holds a lot of meaning. It is slim but it has a complex design of vines and leaves forming the body and tiny gems for flowers.
shadownima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzly. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:00 am

Username: grizzly.
Name: naomi
Accessories + Explanation: silver arrow necklace with a teal
bead that attaches two silver feathers hanging down from the bead
and a single arrow stud earring and a plain silver stud earring under
the arrow earring.
Last edited by grizzly. on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImagexxxxImage
                BUT IT'S MINE
grizzly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr pepper. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Username: ANIMAL STORM!
Name: Slither
Slither would wear...
-Giant earrings like these.
-A diamond necklace like this.
-A silver friendship bracelet like this.

WIP!
Last edited by dr pepper. on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quitting chicken smoothie.

I am keeping my characters unless stated in their species rules I can't. I will gift the ones to close friends that I know will be active.

Do not ask for any of my pets or items, thank you.
Do not pm me. If i get one I won't read it.

If I lost a tryout contest winner is free to the art in my form. If I won you CAN pm me for this only reason. Title the pm, "You won!"

Thanks for being a great community. I did have fun.
dr pepper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rochester. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:20 pm

( USERNAME ) rochester.

( NAME ) Jekatto

( GENDER ) Female

( ACCESSORIES & EXPLANATION ) I wear a vial of tears. I use this vial as a reminder of when times were tougher than they are today, when the troubles got so high, when I found myself so trapped in depression that I resorted to doing awful things. Awful things that would have repercussions on my health and my mind for the rest of my life. Although I was never asked if I was depressed, I knew in my heart of hearts that I was. I caught some of her tears in the vial at one point. I told myself time and time again, 'you're over it now. These tears are from the past.' Whenever I thought about doing some terrible thing to myself... It's hard to explain how you feel when you look at a vial of one's own tears. But it moved me. I stopped doing it. I wear it at all times as a safety net. It's my dream that someday I will be in a good enough state, emotionally, that I won't need it anymore. But as I walk the high wire today, I feel like I need it to break my fall.

The vial is a more recent edition to my necklace collection, I wear another as well. My scissor necklace is... well, unique! It is viewed by some as grotesque because it makes it look as though somebody's about to cut off my head. Some even more stupid persons believe that it's because of my depression. I just liked the style of it. It marked me as unique! The one with the scissor necklace. That's me.

Last edited by rochester. on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
rochester.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seijuu » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Username: .Siejuu::.
Name: Siph

Plants should be a dragon's best friend.
Really, they offer up all they have to both humanity and animal-kind alike.
So, to keep these lovely beings close, Siph has a small succulent plant bobble around her neck.
It's rather difficult to carry whole terrariums with her, however, succulents require little care and little room.
Ta-daa
A living moss pendant also occasionally accompanies her, though it is a tad tighter and higher up on her neck.
seijuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me