Artist Charchar2 [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Plumerian #114

Postby Charchar2 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:13 am

Arrrgh! It's a pirate plumie for you all! ;D

To win him, I want you to write a /SHORT/ story involving him and his parrot somehow! :3
    No extras. Have fun~!

This'll end in about 5 days ^^

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Short story:[/b] [around a paragraph or two]
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Plumerian #114

Postby heir » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:13 am

Username:
~Moonlight223~

Name:
Patchy

Short story:wip!

;

─────────────────────

〈 amor, amor de mis amores 〉

🌎

hey i'm finn & i think you're pretty cool

;
heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mitsurugi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 am

mark
    ────── 異 議 あり ! ──────────────────
    mitsu • he/him • leo | carrd
    [ istp 5w4 - slytherin - chaotic neutral ]

─────────────────── 待 っ た ! ──────
mitsurugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:05 am

Username:
FoxerOwl

Name:
Ramses (ram-zeas)

Short story:
Ramses sighed and looked around, his peg leg buried deep in the sand. He held up the telescope and took a look through it. Nothing. Ramses cursed and resigned to talking to his parrot, Petrarch. "Petrarch, I don't understand! My crew was supposed to be here to pick me up. I found the treasure an' everything...," the Plumerian sighed. Maybe his crew dumped him, but he only knew one reason as to why they would even consider doing it. Ramses was not a full-blooded pirate, which was why he could speak so clearly, unlike most pirates. However, he was the best pirate around, he could find most buried treasure within a couple of days, if given a map, a week if without a map but just directions, while it took other pirates two weeks with a map. That was because Ramses knew how to sail, and he sailed fast and well. He was the best of the best, yet most pirates didn't accept him because he wasn't full-blooded. Yet his peg leg and his eye patch told his stories well, he was just not welcome.

Finally, Ramses called Petrarch to his shoulder and started to walk towards his row boat. However, Ramses tripped and landed heavily on his peg leg, and when he took his next step, his peg leg came off. "Ah, come on!" He cursed again and turned around to pick it up, hopping as to not let the hot sand touch his stub of a leg. Petrarch started to peck at the leg, unlike him. "Get off, Petrarch!" He tried to take it away, but Petrarch squawked and kept pecking. Ramses let him have his fun with it, and when he went to take it back, Petrarch pulled out a long string of powder post beetles, all stuck together. They were squirming and had put quite the hole in his peg leg. Ramses put on the peg leg, after checking there were no more beetles, and thanked his bird. Petrarch had saved him a lot of hopping.

(please excuse me if this counts as an extra, but powder post beetles are wood-eating insects that live in the warmer climates, like where Ramses is. They mainly burrow into hardwoods, like furniture or the flooring of a house but can burrow into other woods, like a log or Ramses' peg leg)
Last edited by FoxerOwl on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
foxer :: any pronouns :: mostly inactive on here
DA :: FR
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackhusky » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:18 am

possible reserve owo
Blackhusky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wishbone! » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:26 am

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Mythical Pancakes

Dobsen

Male

it's not really all that short, my apologies qvq
Dobsen groaned. Today was not a good day.
Usually they found a ship to take over every 3 days, and it had been at least a week.
Food and fresh water were running out, the crew was upset, and Dobsen was tired of being captain of this ship.
Angrily stomping his wooden peg leg on the ground, he stood up in his quarters then hobbled over to the door to push
it open. Stepping outside, he barked, "Alright ye scallywags! Get yer behinds over here and hark what I'm gonna say!"
Fixing his posture so that he seemed a bit more firm, Dobsen cleared his throat. "I will be appointin' a new captain!"

The crew's eyes grew wide as they gasped; who would the new captain be? Why was he appointing a new captain?
Dobsen looked around, not really knowing who the captain was going to be, himself.
Spotting his bird cage, he squinted his eyes to see what was in it. A parrot was patiently sitting on the center bar.
Stabbing his paw towards the parrot, he yelled, "There! Your new captain will be my parrot!"

The crew let out cries of outrage. A parrot couldn't be a captain! It was too stupid and didn't know how do anything in a
pirate kind of way, only in a bird kind of way. Dobsen shifted his peg leg to the left and ran for his quarters after
circling the crew and grabbing his parrot's cage. Slamming the door behind him and barring it shut, Dobsen let out a loud
sigh and set the parrot's cage onto his desk. "What am I gonna do silly parrot? You need to be captain now."
Dobsen sat in his cushy chair and thought. He thought for at least an hour before he came up with an idea that might work.

Dobsen left the parrot on his desk and he unbarred his door. Opening it up, several crew members scrambled backwards
as Dobsen stepped out. "Ye maties will get 3 weeks until me parrot is the new cap'. I better not hark no
grovelin' for me to be stayin' or I'll get me parrot to get ye to walk the plank. Now, get back to yer ship work!"

Uncomplaining, the crew spread across the pirate ship back to their duties. Dobsen went back into his quarters and
stared at the parrot with his single eye. "I'm gonna be teachin' you how to copy words." he grinned.

It had almost been 3 weeks, the crew had gotten fresh food and water, and Dobsen had finally gotten the parrot
to repeat whole sentences. The plan was going to be in motion soon. Dobsen would speak quietly behind
a bunch of barrels so the parrot would repeat him and direct the ship while the parrot was the "captain"
even though Dobsen was still doing all the captain work. At least it gave Dobsen some much-needed closure.

Everything went smoothly: the crew was doing well, Dobsen was relaxed, the parrot was repeating things,
and I can finally end this "short" story. ~The End~

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

ick; too many edits. I just wanted it to look good D;
added more to my story because I wan't comfortable with the weird cliff-hanger.
Sorry for making it not-so-short XD
Last edited by wishbone! on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 16 times in total.
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .starfish » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:28 am

username;; ~Caramel~
    name;;
    gender;; Male
    short story;;
Wip/res
Hi I'm Cara and I'm actually a starfish
I am also slightly obsessed with HTTYD, Percy Jackson and Marvel
art shop [OPEN], characters, deviantart, commissions [OPEN], pokefarm
.starfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeentei » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:56 am

username: foxehstar
      name: skipper
      short story: a brown figure lay on the sandy shore of an island, motionless. until he blinked open his eyes, although his eyes did not meet what he expected. where was he? he couldn't remember a thing. except his name, skipper. "i am skipper." skipper murmured, trying to remember things about himself. "i live in-" he trailed off, lost in thoughts. he got up, looking into the water. he saw the reflection of himself. as skipper looked, he noticed that his body was drenched; skipper must've been washed to shore by the ocean. he pricked up his ears as he heard a rustle from behind. he turned to see a huge forest, covered with palm trees. skipper looked around. this island was beautiful. skipper's thoughts escaped from his mind as a shape slid out of a bush. it was another plumerian, just like him. but from the scars that were scattered around his body, he could tell that this was not a good thing that they met. "what are you doing here?" the stranger asked, baring his teeth. "leave now." he hissed, followed by a squark from behind him. skipper noticed a parrot on his shoulder, but as he looked at it, something inside him knew that this parrot was special. it connected with him. the parrot's gaze was locked on skipper, although it showed no hatred, but friendship. what was it with this bird?

"i told you to leave." he spat. "i didn't want to do it the hard way." just as he finished the sentence, he leaped on skipper. skipper yowled in shock, and dug his claws into his shoulders. his enemy growled, casting a blow to his ear. skipper howled in pain, biting down on his neck. but his opponent slashed a paw across his neck, forcing skipper to let go. skipper tried to ignore the pain that was burning through his body. he felt a claw slice across his eye, causing skipper to stumble backwards. skipper kicked out with his hind paws, sending him skidding across the sand. but as he tried to get up, the parrot flew in front of him, squawking. "move." he spat. skipper looked at the bird that was in front of him. was this bird defending him? the bird flew into the bushes, and skipper chased after it. then the bird stopped and flew over to skipper, sitting on his shoulder. skipper sat down, looking at the parrot. "you... you saved me." he breathed. the parrot blinked, moving closer to him. skipper knew that this bird would never leave his side. "I'll name you charlie." charlie flapped his wings, squawking. "char-char, you're my bird now. my lifetime companion. I'll never leave you, charlie."

yeen - he/they, adult
i haven't been active here for a hot minute
art by spark-platinum
yeentei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conquest; » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:58 am

Possible res c:
conquest;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gecko Who » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:36 am

Username: Gecko Who

Name: Jolly Roger (JR)

Short story: The story of how JR met his parrot Jewel. (If JR's pirate speak is too hard to understand I can edit it)

I be explorin' a deserted island with the help o' me trusty map, following it to where I buried me treasure years before. Makin' me way through the thick jungle with a swish swish o' me knife, always keepin' alert. Ye never know what dangers be lurkin' in the shadows. Recoverin' buried treasure is a risky adventure, but rewardin' if ye ken get the job done. Countin' the paces I at last came to the spot where me treasure lay. I dug me paws into the damp earth an' began to look for me treasure chest. Twas not long 'til I found it, for I be a swift digger. Lifting the chest out o' the hole, I set it beside me. Taking off me wooden leg I twisted the bottom o' the wooden leg. Worn from years of use, it creaked an' groaned, but at last it came off, revealing a small hole. Tiltin' the wooden leg, a small gold key slid into me paws. Takin' the key I unlocked me treasure chest. Openin' the lid I was greeted by that sweet shimmer o' gold. A grand feelin' for a pirate. Tis nothin' like starin' at that beautiful shine and knowin' that ye be the sole owner of it all.

I be in the middle of just such a feelin' when what felt like a hand grabbed me shoulder. I snarled, whirling around, ready to defend me treasure at all cost. But there be no one there, an' yet the hand held firmly to me shoulder. So, I turned me head as far as I could, to see with me good eye what me thought was a hand, but twas not a hand at all. There perched on me shoulder was a bird, feathers o' red, blue, an' yellow. She was nibblin' at the gold earings in me ear. Attracted to the shimmer of gold, she be a pirate's bird indeed! Namin' her Jewel for her love o' treasure she came with me when I left the island. An' with me she stayed perched on me shoulder, at my side through many a piratin' adventure, an' she still sits there to this day.
Gecko Who

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me