Artist foreign-potato [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
67 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

JBD #640 - winner

Postby foreign-potato » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:57 pm

What is a Jellybean Dragon?

A Jellybean Dragon is a fluffy, friendly dragon that hatches from a jellybean-like egg. Their diet consists of fruits and insects, but they also love sweets and desserts. Their fur is soft and long, usually brightly colored, neat, and shiny. Jellybean Dragons are mostly gentle and happy, and love attention. Most are Great Dane-sized when they are fully grown, but some of them can grow as big as a cow. All Jellybean Dragons have pouches on their bellies, which they use to carry around food or younger JBDs.

I really need to start posting beans when I make them. XD Can you guess when I made this one? Around Christmas. xwx I was ninja'd by PaintedSun's awesome snowflake beans but too lazy to change mine. xD Luckily they are pretty different.

Anyways to adopt, I just want a cute little wintry story about this bean. c:
You are free and suggested to put as much personality into the story as you can!
Try to give me a picture of what s/he's like!

Ends on the 25th of January

• No adding to the form
  • You can pretty it up
  • PM me for questions and concerns
  • Word limit to 200 per section (name, username, etc), EXCLUDING the story.
  • The story can be a max of 600, give or take a bit.
  • No wishing goodluck when this closes for judging

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]short story:[/b]
Last edited by foreign-potato on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
characters

★nontheist; pro-choice; human rights ★
Find me on
dA!

looking for art or designs --
offering very rare list pets and more

foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JBD #640 - open

Postby liquordogg » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Taboo-Akatsuki

Deoxy

Female

One day, on a snowy afternoon, Deoxy decided that she would enjoy a little snowboarding (her favorite activity). She trudged through the snow, towards a steep hill that was always a good place to snowboard. When she reached the hill, she was exhausted, and decided to rest for a few minutes.
After resting, she laid her snowboard down and got on it. She pushed herself forward, closing in on the ledge. Seconds later, she was plunging down the slope. She squealed in happiness as the winter wind fluffed her fur back. When she reached the bottom, she was dizzy and could hardly stand.
When she regained her balance, she climb up, and slid down several more times till she could hardly see from all the cold wind that had breathed against her eyes. She climbed back in her home, made some coco and decided to watch the 'Christmas story' until she felt as if the snowy hill was calling her name once more.

(162 Words)
Last edited by liquordogg on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liq ❌ she/her ❌ local trash man (つ ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )
Art Shop !! ... Free Art !!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
liquordogg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waste of prince » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm

-dropping out :c sorry-
Last edited by waste of prince on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waste of prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crazychick3000 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm

username:Crazychick3000
name: Magnolia
short story:
WIP
Last edited by Crazychick3000 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crazychick3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mitsurugi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Form on page 4~sorry!
Last edited by mitsurugi on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ────── 異 議 あり ! ──────────────────
    mitsu • he/him • leo | carrd
    [ istp 5w4 - slytherin - chaotic neutral ]

─────────────────── 待 っ た ! ──────
mitsurugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bullie » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 pm

username:
name:
bullie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 pm

: Username :
Amxen no.XV
"One who owns none,but seeks to own one."

: Name :
Frostbitten
"One who walks the polar caps has a red face and hands,for the frost has pricked there skin,even through the think gloves and mask."

: Gender :
Male
"Not all girly things have a 'Fe' in front of the 'Male'."

: Short Story :
.: The Monument Of Mt. Everest :.
By:Amxen Falark

"Some fear what the cold will do,some embrace the consequences,but I take full irresponsibility with what I do."
Yes,that is the story of Frostbitten.He didnt always have those pinkish markings.Those makings are a forever reminder of how you dont impress a crush.
It was in the winter of 1999.Frostbitten was a young bean,who had discovered his first crush.He had his eyes set on a lady that most would find ugly,but he found her beautiful.He faced a problem,however.How would a dork like him impress such a lovely creature.It didnt take long for him to find out.
The young bean he loved had a love for ice sculptures made out of dried ice.Frostbitten didnt know how to get his claws on a piece big enough to make what he had planned.So,he settled for a few smaller pieces,which he would fuse together to make something spectacular.However,he knew dry ice was dangerous,and would burn him.Frostbitten,being an un-serious bean,didnt take the dry ice seriously.This started a very painful 3 month process.
Its almost Valentines Day now,and Frostbitten is almost done with his impressive work of art.Though,he could no longer feel his feet,face,ears,and any other pink part of his body,he knew he would impress that beautiful creature.However,to his dismay,his love had fallen for another.Heartbroken,he resided to his home at the summit,the peak,of Mt.Everest.
Its now January of 2014,almost the 15th anniversary of when not only his hands,but his heart,was scared forever.Being a man willing to lose his touch to impress a girl deserves to have some love every now and again.Sadly,Male nor Female is brave enough to face the cold to seek out this lonely bean,who not even the clouds want to venture near.Not snow nor animals will ever feel the sorrow that lies within the tome of the Frostbitten.For,you see,the dry ice sculpture still stands to this day,as the most painful monument in the world.Now,you see,how something big can ruin a life,or make it better for one's self.
You may think Frostbitten is foolish,and he is.However,he stands taller than all the beans,towering above their heads.Yet,to him,he life seems as bottomless and hopeless as Marianas Trench.His life is a Bermuda Triangle of mysteries that will never be solved.He has built a Great Wall around himself to keep out the hurt of the world,but also the kindness.He knew that ice and snow would now burn him as much as the sun in the Sahara Desert.Frostbitten felt nothing,and as much as he would love to see new sites,he refused to leave his home.For,if he left,then what would become of the ice sculpture that haunted him even since he created it?

(Characters: 2690,Words: 518,Sentences: 7,Paragraphs: 9,Avg. Sentence Length: 74.)
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cupid » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:11 pm

username:
name:
WIP

I WILL TRY <3

DeviantArt ToyHouse

Hello everyone, I'm Cupid! I'm a college student currently working on getting my Bachelor's in Science. I enjoy writing, drawing, and music. I'm very approachable and love making new friends so don't be afraid to PM me about anything!
Cupid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chameleon » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Username ;;
Hi there! I'm kalopsia, a current non-owner who's in love with this beauty. c: I really hope you enjoy my form!

Name ;;
The name I chose for this girl is Zoe. It isn't a wintery name, but it's still very pretty and I think it suits her.

Gender ;;
Female

Short story ;;
Zoe let out an irritated sigh as the very first snowflake of winter floated down past her bedroom window. She clenched her teeth and flicked her tail in irritation. "Why? Why does the snow have to be here so soon? I hate winter!" She jumped off her bed and stomped over to the front door. Zoe could feel the chilly air floating through the thin glass. She watched the snow until it had covered the ground like a thick white blanket. Zoe narrowed her blue eyes and bit the inside of her mouth. She really didn't want to go outside but she had to shovel her sidewalk... Zoe snatched her toque, scarf, and gloves, and hurriedly put them on, all while grumbling to herself.

Hesitating for a second in front of the door, Zoe took a deep breath and kicked the door open, jumping outside letting out a war cry.
"Let's go snow!! BRING IT!" As Zoe's feet touched the icy steps, they slid immediately and sent her flying high in the air with a yell. She landed, hard, on her back. With a groan, she stood up rather slowly. "Ugh... Stupid ice..." She winced as she straightened her back. "..Bring it... snow..." Zoe grabbed the red snow shovel and started pushing her slick sidewalk.

It was tiring.
"I miss summer already," Zoe panted, siting on her back legs to catch her breath. She shook her blue and white fur and drew her lips back in a growl. Her back ached. Her arms ached. Her nose was running. "I HATE WINTER!" Zoe bellowed, her voice ringing through the trees.

POOF! Snow exploded to Zoe's right, showering her with soft flakes. For a few seconds, she couldn't see a darn thing. It was as if a grenade went off! Zoe started yelling.
"AHHH! WHO JUST COVERED ME WITH SNOW! EVERYONE KNOWS I DESPISE WINTER! YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" Zoe looked like a white bigfoot; not a patch of her fur was showing. All you could see was her blazing blue eyes. She hopped around, and honestly looked ridiculous. She bounced over to where the snow had exploded. "Who's messing with me? Huh? I'll make you p-" Zoe froze still as a statue. There was a large hole in the snow, and in that large hole was a? A? A snowy owl? Zoe gaped. The snowy owl was unconscious, on his stomach, his yellow eyes closed and his wings spread open. "Uh..." Zoe shook her body, expelling the snow. She lowered her arms and poked the owl cautiously. "Uh... Hey, buddy. You alright?" Not even a twitch. Zoe scooped up the owl slowly in her arms and trudged inside. She set the owl down on a fluffy towel and sat down beside it, unsure what to do. For once in her life, she was clueless.
---
WHOOOOOO! WHOOOOOOO! WHOOOOOO! Zoe snapped awake, jumping to her feet, flicking her head back and forth.
"What?!?" The owl was very obviously conscious, as it was flapping hysterically around her living room, knocking things over and screeching at the top of its lungs. Zoe hopped around, trying to catch the owl as it left mayhem in its wake. "Hey! Would you just settle down!?!" The owl, running out of energy, swooped down and perched on Zoe's shoulder. Zoe froze instantly, once again gaping at the owl, whose yellow eyes were bright and curious. "Whooo.." Zoe started laughing, loud and carefree. The owl started to screech again, this time in excitement and happiness. Their loud voices mingled together in the warm home, and Zoe thought, 'Man, I love winter.'

{Exactly 600 words!~}
Last edited by Chameleon on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImage
Chameleon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

chriselda . mei

Postby boat » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:16 pm

reserved c:
      username:
      name:

╔════════════Image════════════╗
      "The snow glows white on the mountain tonight,
      not a footprint to be seen.
      A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the queen.
      The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside.
      Couldn't keep it in, Heaven knows I tried.
      Don't let them in, don't let them see.
      Be the good girl you always have to be.
      Conceal don't feel, don't let them know.
      Well, now they know!

Let it go, let it go.
      Can't hold it back anymore.
      Let it go, let it go.
      Turn away and slam the door.
      I don't care what they're going to say.
      Let the storm rage on.
      The cold never bothered me anyway.
      It's funny how some distance,
      makes everything seem small.
      And the fears that once controlled me, can't get to me at all
      It's time to see what I can do,
      to test the limits and break through.
      No right, no road, no rules for me. I'm free!"

╚════════════════════════════╝

"Love is a fleeting thing
      melting away quickly like a snowflake."

Last edited by boat on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      a
      a
      a
      a
      a
      eggs and bakey
      ImageImage

a
    a
    a
    commissions - only USD or DA points
    characters