Time spent 3 hours, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by H0ND4

Rioji #24 - Ended

Postby H0ND4 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:51 pm

ImageImage
A Rioji is a weasel-like creature with long, bendy ears and a huge lengthy tail. Rioji's use these strong, flexible tails to grab faraway objects, climb, and to defend themselves, and most improtantly for warmth. Occasionally, they have fun and jump around, using their tails as springs. Humans particularly like these tails because they give great hugs! Riojis are very friendly, non aggressive creatures. They can be found nearly anywhere, and their tails make them easy to find. A Rioji's diet consists of mostly plants, but they also enjoy meat as snacks. Do you have the patience to call one of these your own?

Sapphy. wrote:

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
- Frank Herbert

Username: Sapphy.

Name: Babel

Personality:
Bold, Selfless, and Reckless; Babel is the type of thoughtless Rioji you would find stuck in a tree, or getting lost in the middle of nowhere. However, her odd and seemingly tactless nature is never without a reason, since it's often with good-hearted intentions that she gets herself wound up in crazy situations. For example, she'll be rescuing cats from a certain terrible drop only to find herself not able to get down- or worse. More often than not, it's the latter. It's never too bad though, she's never had anything more severe than a broken bone. She finds it to be a pleasure to help, and a heartbeat missed for a good reason.
She's quite tall for a Rioji, and has longer, messier and more ruffled hair. Her voice is also closer to the deep end. Despite her bright colors, these little things added onto her unpredictable self makes most strangers more than a bit edgy, which ended up having her mistaken as an up-to-no-good delinquent more than once before. Her boyish figure and voice have also had her occasionally confused for the opposite biological gender; not that she minds. She doesn't care much for pronouns, so being referred to as 'he' or 'him' despite technically being female doesn't faze her.
Although being easily distracted, Babel is a fantastic detective and a sucker for mystery. She's an out-loud ponderer, but isn't the loudest individual either. In fact, she's rather quiet; she's a doer more than a sayer. She has no fixed goal for now, and labels herself to be an all-out wanderer. She seeks to experience all the mysteries of this world more than figure them out.

History:
Babel doesn't remember her mother. She remembers warm human hands and the constant tune of a violin. Babel was sheltered for much of her young life; born and bred into a sophisticated world much more different than that of her wild cousins’. She was sold to a lovely couple of exotic-animal collectors. There home was, quite literally, a jungle. Although the lavish human living quarters were separated from the rest of the house, most of it was a tropical paradise. The more dangerous specimen were caged, but reasonably so, and lived in comfort.
The couple, however, had not bought Babel with the purpose of caging her up for display, oh no. She- the fragile young pup she was at the time- was given to their sickly child, Jane Jones. Jane was a beautiful little girl with golden locks, blue eyes, and a perfect doll-like face. She was sweet tempered and patient- something sorely needed when you spent most of your days in bed due to illness. Her parent’s had given the pup Rioji to the little girl in hopes that it would serve as a loyal companion and moral supporter, since her parents themselves were rarely home. “So what will you call him, sweety?” they asked eagerly.
“Mom, I think it’s a girl.” she replied, having still been unsure about the small animal on her lap.
“Oh. Well, what will you name her?”
The doll-like girl had looked at the pup, not thinking too long or hard about it. Not because she didn’t care, but because she had a perfect name.
“Babel. Their name is Babel.”
The years that followed were the best of the odd little duo’s lives. Despite being sick in bed for much of the time, Jane compensated for it by avidly reading and daydreaming. Babel would read with her, sharing similar tastes in books and familiar train of thought. Although, their absolute favorite was the Sherlock Holmes series, their tastes carried out far and wide. It wasn’t too hard to grasp a basic concept of the humans’ english language; after all, she was Jane’s full-time companion and friend and attend all of her private lessons. Jane also spent a lot of time in her parents’ jungle garden. She had a great love for herbology, biology, and botany. When Jane’s health permitted it, the pair would usually have picnics around noon in the garden. Babel had made friends with many of the animals there after a while, whom claimed for the most part to be living comfortable lives there- Jim the Tiger being the exception, but no-one liked him so he was mostly ignored.

However, all happinesses are finite; bound to end.

They all knew that Jane was sickly. Head-aches, colds, stomache-virus, flu… She was rarely ever in top condition. However, on the thirteenth year of her life, after six years with Babel, she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She hadn’t long to live and the condition was too serious for her to move out of bed. Her parents loved her, but they had work to get done. Once again, Babel was entrusted to keep watch over Jane. Before leaving, her parents gave the little girl a beautiful jacket- blue with a high collar. She loved it immediately and wore it always. “It makes me feel like Sherlock Holmes.” she'd say softly with a laugh, only to start coughing again. The cancer affected her lungs and the medicine they gave her would only hold it back for a little while. It was only really buying her some more time. She died at the age fourteen in her sleep.
Her parents, however uninvolved they were in her life, were consumed by grief. They mourned long and hard, but their sadness was a shallow pool in comparison to Babel’s rageful sea. For a long time, she was angry at the world. Bitter at the jacket that Jane had left her, despite the fact that she wore it every single day. Baffled by her last words- whispered as she faded into sleep the night before she died, “Onwards, Watson.”
Soon after their daughter’s death, Jane’s parents abandoned Babel at the edges of the countryside. Babel guessed that they couldn’t, wouldn’t handle being reminded of their dead daughter, and what was a bigger reminder than that of Jane’s constant companion? Babel didn’t whine or beg to stay with them. She didn’t follow after the car that had left her. She simply watched them go and then walked in the opposite direction, shivering in her blue coat.
Later on, Babel found her way to the streets of London, England. Having been searching for shelter, she managed her way into a seemingly abandoned flat only to find it not abandoned at all! Rather, another Rioji lived there. It made sense, since although the place was bare, there was absolutely no dust- which had struck Babel as odd upon entrance. Next door, there lived a group of young adults trying to make their way in the world, Sol, the Rioji, had said. One of their parent’s was the landowner and no one wanted the flat, so they let her live there. Sol told her she was welcomed to stay; that it was a lovely place, despite the odd little happenings every now and then.

So Babel did, because where else would she call home?

Artwork:
X
XX

Theme Song: x

Other:

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
- Sherlock Holmes

[ I would like to confirm that all the artworks present in this form are made by me, despite the contrasts in the art from my oekaki and what is displayed above. I would like to note that the oekaki is not a kind mistress, and seems to feel no obligation to help me complete art pieces- and this was also true two years ago. For the art pieces of Babel I used FireAlpaca and the photobucket to link them as images. This has been a P.S.A. Thank you for your time. vuv ]

Congrads to Saph on winning this lovely babu. :3c
Last edited by H0ND4 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
H0ND4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rioji # 24 - Adopt Me!

Postby ♥Blazey♥ » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Username:Cuteicypaw
Name:Jess :3
Personality:I love playing games! Im a nature person, my fav. animal is dogs/cats.
Backstory/History: Ok, well I usally LOVE going outside, one time though, I saw the cutest butterfly. And I just tryed to follow it but then it landed on a lilly pad inthe pond, im not a good swimmer so I couldn't reach it :sob:
Artwork: (Optional)
Other: (Also Optional)
♥Blazey♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rioji #24 - Adopt Me!

Postby Vermilion Ink » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:56 pm

Username:~.Crow.~
Name:Kane Loyal
Personality:
Kane's qualities:

The Good
Musical ability
Kane has a great ear for music. When he's not doing one thing or another he has a pair of headphones on. His favorite instrumental group is percussion because of it's variety of unique instruments and sounds. He has his own drum set witch he practices daily.

The Bad
Pride
Kane is quite a proud young rioji. He doesn't think lower of others but tends to be overconfident in himself and his abilities.

Restlessness
Kane is usually rather calm with a cool, confident air about him, but he gets restless often. If he's not doing something to keep himself busy he gets restless. Once he was snowed in his home and nearly went stir crazy.

Backstory/History:
Artwork: (Optional)
Other: (Also Optional)
So Handsome!
WIP
Last edited by Vermilion Ink on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Error 404: Signature Not Found
Vermilion Ink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saarebas. » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:53 am

Username:
AllahDamnit
Name:
Eero
Personality:
Somewhat of a recluse, Eero is successful when working independently. Despite this he still prefers to stay with a partner or a group, where he's much more comfortable. When working with a group or partner, Eero can seem quite dependant although he attempts to pull his own weight. When he does become acquainted he values the company of others quite a lot, he becomes loyal, devoted and dependable. He's slightly naive as he tends to trust others far too easily than one should, which means he can be easily manipulated to anyone's will.
Backstory/History:
Born into a litter of two, Eero did what most young of his species did at the rightful age; leave his mother in a venture to seek his own mate and raise a little of his own. Somewhere along the line the plan went down hill, Eero joined numerous companions in his travels but after a while he decided he would last much longer if he travelled alone. The position he is currently in as of now.
Artwork: (WIP)
Other (Ew, story time):
Cold. Why was it so cold?
It hadn't always been this cold, his mind couldn't suss out why his bones felt as if they were currently residing in an ice box. The creature shifted, in a poor attempt to curl in on himself, tail folding around to cover his ever freezing nose. Despite his layering on fur, the male was still a shivering, numb, mass of fur laying in a gutter, no matter how many times he shifted positions, that would never change. The story of how he wound up in this position wasn't one that would raise much interest, he'd simply stumbled into the area in a failed attempt to escape from the impending storm. The very storm freezing him to place, attempting to curl in on himself, being perfectly content if a hole were to open up and pull him from existence. His mind was so clouded, eyes heavy and entire being icy, he would be perfectly content to curl up and sleep forever. It was just as the male shifted positions to allow his haze to take over him when he noticed the strange tear in colours. Albeit his vision was merging, fuzzy and not to be trusted at all, the creature lifted his head weakly, blinking against the heaving rain in an attempt to make out what he was viewing. There was no doubt that the damp gleam of a much warmer blue, protruding against the dark, empty, almost haunting black surrounding him, only highlighted by the frequent drops of silvery rain hitting both himself and the pavement surrounding.
Having nothing else to loose, Eero stumbled to his feet, giving a light shake in a fruitless attempt to clear his pelt, the rain felt even harsher when he wasn't in the refuge of the drain. Softly padding towards the glowing shape, illuminated by the distant moon light. Eero stumbled, the rush of hunger, thirst and cold hitting him at once, his eyes narrowed towards the object, tail swishing in an attempt to rid the appendage of the soaking fluid. Upon further inspection, Eero deducted that the object in question was a tiny coat, just large enough to fit him. Judging by how the the droplets pelting it were gliding over the sleek surface rather than absorbing into the fabric as they were his coat, he assumed the clothing was weather proof. Shaking once more, a icy wind jostling his mane, he gave the cloth a hesitant sniff, sneezing as the stench of icy water assaulted him, accompanied by the scent of berries that must of been part of the detergent it was bathed in by it's rightful owner.
Shooting his gaze around the deserted street, Eero sighed inwardly, lunging forward and trapping the rippling fabric under his own paws, the blue coat just as weather beaten as he himself. Once again checking around before crouch, and with an awkward struggle, somehow curled up inside the warm, dry fabric inside. That coat saved his life, Eero would never allow himself to admit it.
╔════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
I'm saarebas. (formerly snafu.) an english teen girl.
I love video games, fantasy, literature and history.
support main.

charactersflight rising ◘ tumblr◘
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
saarebas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shrimpdog » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:11 am

-mark-
shrimpdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tyrell wellick » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:38 am

Finished on page 3.
Last edited by tyrell wellick on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
unfortunately, we're all human.
except me, of course.
tyrell wellick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:11 am

Username: Raff
Name: Rhett
Personality:
Backstory/History:
Artwork: header by Raff
Other: Huge WIP <333
Last edited by Novi on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bear. » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:28 pm

═════════════════O══════════════════

Username:
Artwork:

Bear.
Name:
Rainier
Personality:
Rainier is a quiet and reserved girl, who isn't quick to trust or easy to persuade. She lives up in Washington, USA (hence the name), where she works as a barista in Downtown Seattle. She is afraid of heights and basically anything that's tall, including people. She is fairly superstitious, but it doesn't show much. She prefers to live alone, except for the company of a few animals. She likes to stroll through the city and look at the people, and wish she could be them. She wishes alot of things, like that she could go be somewhere fantastic, or that her friends would return to her, but these wishes usually go unfulfilled.
Backstory/History:
Rain patters down the windows as you watch, waiting. She has not arrived. You have been sitting at this table for far too long, waiting for her to come. You think you feel the building swaying; you are afraid of heights. The Space Needle wasn’t the best rendezvous point, in hindsight. You clutch onto your coffee nervously, and wait.
It has been hours, and your friend has not appeared. You wonder if she ever will. You check your phone again; still nothing. Where could she have possibly had to be instead of here? You had been planning this meeting for months. You had made such a big to-do about this when she left for Los Angeles, you’d have thought that she’d be happy to see you. You guess not.
The little California Girl couldn’t make time for you? Why? Weren’t you her best friend? Weren’t you basically her sister? Well some sister she is, now. Sometimes you hear her voice, in the television, on the radio, in the crowd. What has she made of herself down there? Was she famous? That is why she left, anyway.
You scribble absentmindedly in your notebook while you listen to the rain, and find you have written her name. You turn the page and begin a letter. ‘Where were you today? Do you not love me anymore? I missed you.’ You feel like you’ll cry as you write this; your eyes begin to burn. The pen scratches on the paper as you write. ‘I think I might have heard you on the radio, but the radio waves were like snow.’
You don’t sign the letter, you expect she will know. You borrowed the lyrics from that old song, because it was your song. That song was your life now, the song you sang to your California Dreamer. You think she has become famous, because you did hear her on the radio. Maybe. The static on the radio made it hard to hear, but you were sure it was her. Yes, very sure.

═════════════════O══════════════════
Last edited by Bear. on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bear.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterstar. » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:21 pm

U s e r n a m e : waterstar2002
N a m e : Ella
G e n d e r : female
P e r s o n a l i t y :
B a c k s t o r y /H i s t o r y :
A r t w o r k : not yet ^^

┏─────────────┓
- why bees are dying
- what you can do
- green peace
- (my) kalons
- (my) simas
- new youtube restrictions
- trump delays bees
- why bees are important

┖─────────────┚

Hello everyone, this is Acid-tripp. I'm Water's younger sibling. She has since moved and forgotten about CS but is happy. Any activity on her account since around 2018 I believe has been me. I'm sorry for all of the people still active who wish to communicate with her but can't. I wish you all a great day/night and i'm sorry.
waterstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aurora & bloom » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Marking! <33

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
        ...Hi! This account is shared by Aurora
        ...and Sadbloom. If you would like to
        ...contact Bloom for art, please message
        ...her at DeviantArt. No requests, sorry.
        texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
aurora & bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me