Artist ToastingCinnamon [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Pseudodragon #42 - Custom

Postby ToastingCinnamon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Origins
    Thousands of years ago, alongside the legendary Amazon river was a tribe of people known for revering animals as deities, as well as being the first civilization to create their own species. Scientists have been unearthing evidence of their spiritual activity for years now, searching for evidence of this creature, however just last month they have come across ground-breaking evidence. Paintings of mysterious creatures, adorned with feathery crests and spitting fire from their mouth were found engraved inside the walls of a newly-discovered shrine. In the center of the shrine lay a vase adorned with the same feathers depicted in the engravings. Inside the vase lay a mysterious fossil, perfectly in-tact and seemingly immune to nature's forces. Stunned by the miraculous find, the fossil was given to a renowned anthropologist, who was dumbfounded as to what it could be. The fossil, despite the obvious age of the shrine, seemed to be very new - as if it was only fossilized a decade ago rather than thousands of years.

A team of archaeologists were sent off in search of this creature, despite their doubts that it even existed anymore. After months of tireless searching, they came across a lucky find - a trail of strange, clawed tracks leading up alongside the Amazon. The team followed the trail, and it lead up to a small den. An aura of warmth seeped out of its entrance, and after a few moments, a small creature lifted its head out, blinking curiously at its pursuers. The team was astonished to see that the creature looked very similar to that of the shrine's mysterious engravings.

The lizard-like creature was taken back to the lab, where it was confirmed to be the same creature as the fossil. Soon after, other teams began to find that within the Amazon was an entire population of these creatures, living off the land for countless years. Scientists decided to name them 'Pseudodragons' for their depictions in the shrine's engravings represented a dragon spitting fire at its prey. Years passed, and many of the Pseudodragons were taken in by humans to keep as pets. Today, this tradition continues and Pseudodragons remain a very popular household pet for their ability to hunt down mice and other pests.

Omg. I have to say, she is the cutest little bbus ever! <33
Information about her:

Name:
Princess Mitzi (She goes by Mitzi)

NickNames:
Salt, Sugar, or Sugar Cane (Due to her white spots)

Short Personality:
WIP

"The Leaf Princess". She is an actual pseudodragon princess!

'Leaf Princess' you say... So she is a princess of leaves?
Well... Not exactly! She was nicknamed Leaf Princess due to the fact of, not only her leaf crown, but the leaves that always get stuck on her mane during the seasons.
She is called a princess due to her magic staff, named Monkaushka (Native American for Earthquake).

Magic staff?!
Yes. It grows plants and pretty much lets her control them (small plants only, she IS tiny. See front page for size references.) It has been passed down in her family for generations, which is why it looks so old and twisted. Even the vine on it now is a weird green-grey with age! There are yellow sparkles that come out of the middle of the staff's tangled branches. She never goes anywhere without this precious stick. No telling what would happen if it got into the wrong handsclaws! She usually holds the staff in her long tail.

Items besides the staff?:
Just her leaf crown(She never takes it off, if she does she is usually about to beat you up, in which you should run!), basically. But her feather mane is always covered in fallen leaves. (Spring: Buds and small leaves, Summer: Regular green leaves, Fall: fall colored leaves (obviously), Winter: Nothing! omo)

Other:
Besides the fact that she is adorable? Not really.

Last bumped by ToastingCinnamon on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:41 pm.

-----------------------------------------------------------
--------Image--------
DeviantArt; Finchlings; Characters;

♀ | ♑ | Straight | Nontheist | Pro-choice | Human rights | LGBT+ Supporter

Slowly quitting, will be taking longer to reply to pms.
You can now find me on dA

-----------------------------------------------------------
ToastingCinnamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me